• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 12,072 Views, 1,139 Comments

Fear Within - VirtualCipher



Twilight and her friends must find Spike and overcome their greatest fears.

  • ...
20
 1,139
 12,072

PreviousChapters
Chapter 51 - Loose Ends

One hour after the invasion...

What was once a city protected, secured and filled with comfort quickly erupted into madness once The Hunter brought down Princess Luna's barrier. One by one, the citizens of Canterlot, the ones that failed to escape, succumbed to the changelings' power and were caught. Imprisoned and stored into gooey cocoons, they were scattered around the city while the changelings waited for further instructions for their leader. An hour had passed since the city had been invaded. Houses were ruined, windows cracked and shattered, debris scattered along the streets from the attack.

The invasion was over. Canterlot had been claimed by the changelings.

Setting foot into the capital of Equestria, now stained by fear, Fright ambled through the haunting and memorable streets of Canterlot. He remembered this place so vividly, it was his home once and he still hated it. But seeing it in ruin, it brought serenity to the alchemist that many would find disgusting. Taking in the horror that he welcomed, Fright loosely wrapped his shrivelled, crooked fingers onto his wrist, hands resting behind his back as he walked at a relaxed pace under the stars.

Like before, the changelings were everywhere. They controlled the sky, owned the streets and infiltrated buildings that were once occupied with friends and families. Chrysalis' soldiers barely took notice of the wandering ghoul that absorbed the ongoing terror, instead, they focused on carrying out their queen's orders. Seeking out their enemies and containing them. Much to Fright's delight, he passed by many of Canterlot's citizens and guards, all screaming as they were dragged from their hiding places, being wrapped and contained in cocoons.

Screaming, snivelling and sobbing, each terrified scream all felt different to the alchemist's ears. To him, it felt healing as if music played. However, much to his disappointment, the horrified screams would fade into silence as they were put into a state of comatose. Sooner than expected, Fright found himself at the front entrance of Canterlot's castle, now swarming with Chrysalis' drones. The guards of the changeling queen granted him entrance, refusing to get in his way as he opened the doors.

Surprisingly, he didn't bother to look around the atrium of the castle. It didn't interest him. It felt the same even after he had been away for so long. All revolving around prophecies and the alicorns. Despite being away for so long, Fright knew his way around the castle. The route stuck to his mind like glue. As his feet softly pressed against the glossy floors of the castle's halls, he found himself in front of another door, one that held respect and attention. Once again, the changelings allowed Fright to enter the new throne room of Canterlot.

Upon entering, all heads turned, all eyes falling on him. Garble, the Diamond Dogs, Lightning Dust and the Flim Flam brothers all remained as far apart as they could, stationed near the walls while Chrysalis cosied up in her new throne, grinning from ear to ear.

No longer delicate, tranquil and royal, the throne room had darkened. It was now a room that demanded fear and respect which is what Fright admired. It appeared the changelings were putting a lot of work into decorating the room to please their queen. Of course, it remained spacious and the walls along with the ceiling were the same, although messy with layers of green gel, tangled together like a web.

"Fright, you're finally here... Wonderful!" Chrysalis beamed only to quickly snarl at the fearmonger. "Now let's get this meeting over with, I have a city to decorate."

Stopping himself in the middle of the throne room, Fright looked around to his audience and swayed his hand, "My stalwart associates, an announcement."

"Through thick and thin, you have all proven to be competent, tenacious and fearless in this time of terror. Your support has not gone unnoticed, you have been patient and now, your reward is finally here." The alchemist smiled, continuing to preach, "Tonight, you can spread the fear that united you. Equestria is yours to do with as you wish. Have your fun."

There was nothing else for him to say, although they were all waiting for more. A few seconds of silence, uncomfortable and creepy, caressed over them until a loud, boisterous voice shattered the stillness of the room.

"Is that it?!" Garble shouted, lunging from the wall and appearing to lose his cool. "Last time I checked you promised us our desires?!"

Rover raised his finger and spoke, backing up the dragon with a growl, "And what of our payment?" He asked, arching a brow.

"Was I wrong?" Fright questioned, turning to the enraged dragon and the three diamond dogs, all who had winced upon seeing his disarrayed face. "Look around, Canterlot belongs to the changelings, the Royal Sisters have been captured, the Crystal Empire grows weak without their valiant prince and everyone has been scared into their homes, too frightened to leave due to the monsters that now roam from their cages.

Garble held onto his anger but then frowned and crossed his arms over his chest, averting his gaze as he leaned back against the wall and reclaiming his cool. However, the three Diamond Dogs all looked unnerved and did their best to avoid eye contact with the psychotic alchemist.

"There are no objections to your desires just as I promised. Pillage buildings, ruin lives, take anything of value. Nothing can stop you."

"While I agree, nothing can stop us," Chrysalis declared proudly from her throne. "We still can't forget about Twilight and her insolent friends."

Fright responded with a cold, lifeless laugh, turning to the changeling queen, "Of them, you have nothing to fear. In this world of terror, they won't get far. Our instrument of fear will make sure of that."

"So what's the deal then? Why call us for another meeting?" Lightning Dust asked, arching a brow while sadness latched onto her eyes.

Turning himself from Chrysalis like a cog in a machine, the alchemist turned to his audience, "Because our alliance is at its end. You have all played your part, your assistance is no longer needed."

"So we're done here?" Garble asked a little too eagerly with brightened eyes.

"This little truce is finally over?" Spot exclaimed, sharing the dragon's delight. "We don't have to hear from each other again?"

Turning himself from Chrysalis like a cog in a machine, the alchemist turned to his audience, "Canterlot is in ruin, the Royal Sisters have been captured. All that remains is Twilight and her friends. They may have evaded our grasp, but I have full confidence The Hunter will find them and bring them back." The alchemist assured, a sinister smile growing as he admired the syringe around his wrist.

"And when he does, I'll make sure everyone witnesses their true cowardice as I peel back the layers of their fragile minds."

Bringing his eyes back up to his unsettled allies, Fright calmly carried on, all while still carrying an unpleasant smile, "Equestria is your playground. Tear off its limbs and then devour it’s flesh… but I… I will strike at its heart. Tonight, harmony dies of fear, and Twilight along with it."

Returning his hands behind his back, Fright's lifeless eyes examined his colleagues, all of whom were exchanging mixed responses, but stayed motionless, "You are dismissed."

Happily, Chrysalis spoke loud and clear from her throne, "In other words..." From ear to ear, she bared her sharp teeth and presented a hideous smile, staring intently at her allies with wide, unflinching eyes. "Get out!" She ordered in a sinister screech.

Flim and Flam nervously smiled and began to back away a few steps then quickly directed themselves to the throne room's double doors, leaving in a hurry. Looking alarmed, Lighting Dust couldn't remove the guilt from her eyes but still hurried out of the room with the others. Relieved, the Diamond Dog leaders along with Garble were happy this alliance was coming to a close, but still, they took this chance to dash out of the throne room, retreating far away from the changeling queen and the alchemist.

In seconds, Fright and Chrysalis, along with several changelings were the only ones left in the throne room. Calm, collected and returning to the matter at hand, the alchemist turned back to the throne where the changeling sat tall and satisfied, her corrupt eyes looking down at him.

"I can't deny that I hate you, Fright." She started with a smug smile. "But I must admit, you do have a way with words."

"The Hunter." He responded abruptly and carelessly, dismissing the queen's comment. "Where is he?"

Not taking a liking to the alchemist's tone, Chrysalis frowned and answered, "How should I know? I don't hold the leash on your monster. He's probably off sulking for carelessly letting Twilight and the others escape."

"He's done well granting you a piece of your desire, has he not?" The fearmonger asked, tilting his head.

"Ha!" Chrysalis bellowed, hopping out of her newly claimed throne as she began approaching the alchemist. "He may have brought the barrier down and granted my army a surprise attack, but even if he wasn't on our side, I could still take this city without him and without you!" She snarled, bringing her face inches away from his own.

"And besides!" The changeling queen quickly continued, pulling her head away from her partner, "Taking Canterlot was just a piece of my desire. Unlike those other fools, my desires aren't filled with riches. I want to see the princesses suffer just as you promised."

"Fear will bring that soon."

"But tell me, Fright." She threw her head back to his position, growing a smug, mischievous smile. "What will become of them after they are broken?"

"The Hunter wants Twilight dead," Fright informed with no life or emotion in his voice. "Once she is a scared and unstable mess, he'll kill her. As for the Royal Sisters, once they're reduced to the cowards they truly are, then they are yours to deal with."

"But know this, Chrysalis." He continued, taking a step closer to the queen. "If your intentions are the same as The Hunter's then you're making a mistake. Eradicating them will only set them free from the fear that will infest their mind and soul. Let them suffer day and night, let dread stain them and have their subjects remember them as the cowards who broke on this very night."

Slowly, almost robotically, Fright turned himself away, trudging along the floor but with gentle footsteps. The way he moved always looked so uncaring and dull like he had nothing to fear.

Narrowing her glare at the alchemist who departed from the throne room, Chrysalis' scowl slowly vanished from her face as one of the changelings made his way towards her.

"My Queen?"

"Urgh," Chrysalis grunted with the roll of her eyes. "What is it?"

"The defiance of Canterlot has been extinguished." He informed with the bow of his head. "Our enemies have either fled from the city or been contained per your instructions."

"Splendid!" She screamed with joy, delightfully hopping back to her throne. "Canterlot is mine and soon, everypony will be under my control. Tonight, my most hated enemies will suffer and I'll have a front-row seat!" She finished with a nightmarish grin spreading across her face.

Arching a brow and raising his hole-riddled hoof, the changeling asked, "My Queen, what of the fearmonger?"

"Fright?" Chrysalis responded, her menacing grin fading to a small, but relaxed smile. "Let him be the author of this night. Once the princesses have been broken as he promised, we either never see him again or we keep him around for his potions. But we'll need to properly stitch his mouth up, he talks too much."

Pushing her back against the comfort of the throne she had stolen, relaxing comfortably, Chrysalis could barely contain her excitement, "Our alliance broke with those other misfits. At least I have only two freaks to put up with for tonight."


Starlight suddenly awoke to the sound of her breathing, her eyes opening like two beams of light as she jolted herself up from the soft mattress that brought her back much-needed comfort. Whirling her head from left to right, surveying the area while the sound of her heart banging against her chest drowned her ears, she quickly realised that her surroundings had changed.

For starters, the unicorn found herself on a bed as comfy as a cloud. The room appeared rich and elegant, and the walls around her were white as snow. It took a while for Starlight's eyes to adjust to the light, finally being gifted with seeing something other than the dark cell she had been thrown into. During this, she silently recollected her memories, wondering how she even got here in the first place.

A delightful thought had sparked in her mind, concluding that she had been rescued, but sadly, that feeling of relief and joy died when she remembered her conversation with the deranged alchemist. Finally, her sight restored properly as she carefully looked to the window, seeing only the night sky painted above.

"Canterlot… No..." She breathed, slowly backing up in disbelief. “Spike… What have you done?”

In a sudden flash, a pack of changelings flew by the window with a hiss. Horror washed over her upon seeing the new Canterlot. The Canterlot that now belonged to the Changelings.

Author's Note:

Okay, wow! What can I say other than I'm sorry.

It's been a while and Fear Within has been dead for quite sometime. University has been at me for a while and I've been working hard for my degree that writing began to retreat from my grasp, or I began to retreat from writing itself. I don't know. Just know, I really am sorry for just vanishing so abruptly. I know this chapter isn't much for a revival or a return, but it does feel good to come back here.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday and a great new year! Just remember, it's been a rough couple of years. Stay safe, everyone!

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 37 )

THE LEGEND HAS RETUUUUUUUUUUUURNED!!!

I'm happy you're back, and I know that exams and more in the university is tough. No worries, man. I'm glad you're doing well, and is back on this story.

It's just good to see this story alive again, same with you.

Nice to hear from you again. :twilightsmile: And Happy New Year to you too. :pinkiesmile:

I'm glad to see the story is still kicking:pinkiesmile:


And don't worry about how long it's been, life comes before stories, and life can be hard...

I'm certain everyone can understand that.

I honest can't believe the FlimFlam brothers are okay with this. They want money, not the fall of their species. Isn't money useless when your government has collapsed? Therefore, I predict that they and Lightning Dust will return to help the heroes defeat Fright and Chrysalis.

Brother virtualcipher. I'm glad that ur back. Amidst all the stress and multitasking u have to handle in your life I find it really amazing how ur able to still keep track of ur story and progress it inch by inch to the ending this fic deserves. I heard u were working hard for ur degree and I give my prayers to u for achieving ur best and find time to complete ur amazing work as well. U have made it this far to the storys completion and I hope to see an awesome ending to this fic done by you. Always waiting eagerly for ur updates. Urs truly a hard-core fan.

11125695
Ur right. I've been thinking of that plot twist too. Its more realistic to think that way.

When will Spike finally reveal himself!?

11593541
Hello, I'm new here and I like this story

11689929

Welcome aboard. But sadly, the author hasn't come back in January. :ajsleepy:

I have an idea for the future. The Hunter finds Twilight and her friends at the castle of the 2 sisters, they all fight him and twilight fatally shoots him in the abdomen with one of her magic rays, making him bleed all over. The hunter tells them they won and he goes deeper into the everfree forest where he will die peacefully. This is highly unlikely to happen, but I just thought of this scenario.

"Canterlot… No..." She breathed, slowly backing up in disbelief. “Spike… What have you done?”

Meanwhile, somewhere in the mountains, a lone figure had watched all the chaos that plagued Equestria.

How did this all go wrong? When did it all go wrong? And what happened to her friends? But more importantly for her, where is her friend? The one called Spike.

Her attempts to find the answers only lead her to more questions. She hadn’t heard word from Spike for six months and her anxiety grew with each days.

"You can't save your friends... You can't save Spike... No one is safe."

The words echoed in her mind. They rang louder than the bellowing roar of any dragons she knew. Including her father, former Dragon Lord Torch.

She had recently learned that Spike was in trouble. She had just arrived in Equestria, after a long flight from her homeland, when she demanding information of Spike’s current whereabouts.

She was most disgusted and enraged to have learned that it all happened over six months ago, when Spike was kidnapped because Princess Twilight had abandoned him.

Now it has fallen onto her shoulders to find and rescue Spike. But she knew she needed help. Which is why she had taken the liberty to pay a visit to another friend.

And now, she is standing in his presence.

“Thorax! I…I’ve recently heard what happened to Spike! And I know you’re scared of Chrysalis… But I need your help. Spike needs our help. I know where he is. I hope we’re not too late.”

“Wow…” Thorax murmured. “Ponyville was so much cheerful and friendlier the last time I was here… Back when it didn’t have so many monsters running lose…”

“As much as I hate to admit it, I’m kinda freaked out too,” Ember admitted. “As a little dragon hatchling, my dad told me stories about Rocs, Tatzlewurms, and Hydras that would try and eat me.”

“I thought he was just telling them to me so I would obey him. Y’know, go to bed on time, no playing after dark, blah blah blah. You know what I’m saying?”

“…Kinda,” Thorax shrugged. “But for the record, Chrysalis was never the nurturing mother-type. She never needed to tell us stories to scare us into obedience…or whatever.”

“But what‘s your point, exactly?” Thorax asked.

“Looking at these creeps,” Ember continued. “I’m starting to wonder if those scary stories were true all along.”

“…Yeah. Same,” Thorax frowned. “All these monsters…and criminals…locked behind a gate, guarded by a three headed dog. And we didn’t even know they existed! Just…what else is there we don’t know?”

“Like why Princess Twilight never told me that Spike was in trouble?” Ember frowned. “Like how she’s been keeping this from me for more than six months?! She of all ponies knew I have the power to find Spike! To rescue him, more efficiently than her and any ponies combined! And they all look the same!”

“Uh…I don’t know about the last part,” Thorax muttered. “But I’m sure Twilight had a good reason.”

“What?! You’re saying abandoning Spike was a GOOD THING?!”

“NO! That’s not what I meant!” Thorax defended. “I’m sure Twilight and her friends didn’t mean to. Don’t forget, they’re my friends too! But Spike will always be my best friend!”

“…Yeah. He’s mine too!” Ember agreed. “In fact, I take it we can all agree that you and I would never abandon Spike?”

“Absolutely not!” Thorax agreed. “I would search even the moon to find him! Heck, you even saw me turning into a bear to save him!”

“Yeah!” Ember chuckled. “And you saw me ready to take you on to save him!”

Both Dragon Lord and Changeling King smiled together as they reminisce the treasured memories they made together. But then their smiles faded into sadness, knowing who they have to thank for the memories.

“We’re only friends today, because of Spike,” Thorax frowned. “We owe our lives to him!”

“I agree,” Ember frowned, before she steeled herself into a look of determination. “So let’s return the favor. He’s that way! In those trees.”

“You mean the Everfree Forest?” Thorax confirmed.

“Yeah. That! Let’s go.”

“But how do you know? I’m not questioning your reason, or whatever. But how exactly can you know where Spike is? How do you know he’s not in Canterlot? In Manehatten, or…here? Somewhere? Does being a dragon mean you have a good sense of smell, or anything?”

“It’s all in this Bloodstone Scepter,” Ember showed off the Crystal scepter she’s been carrying. “Comes with being a Dragon Lord! Whoever controls this scepter has the power over every dragons! All I needed to do was focus on Spike, and the scepter tells me where he is.”

“That’s amazing!” Thorax marveled. “You can find Spike in a heartbeat! So why didn’t Twilight and the others ask you for help?”

“How should I know?!” Ember barked. “Nobody told me Spike was in trouble! I just found out a couple of days ago because of that freak!”

“…The freak with the ugly mouth and face?” Thorax shuddered. “Ugh! I know us changelings had a fearful reputation…but I’ve never seen anything that terrifying!”

“Neither did I!” Ember growled. “But when he mentioned Spike, I knew something bad happened. So I left the Dragonland and came all the way out here to find Spike and rescue him from that…that freak! Whoever he is.”

“I think his name is Fright. Or so…a little birdie once told me.”

“Whatever! We gotta find Spike and rescue him!”

“And then what happens after that?” Thorax asked. “I know Spike must be going through a lot, so I’ve already prepared a guest room for him at my castle. But what about Twilight and the girls? Should we return him to them?”

“Return to them?!” Ember exclaimed in outrage. “Why should we?! They abandoned Spike! They knew he was in trouble, but they didn’t even bother to rescue him! Some friend they are!”

“Or maybe there’s more going on,” Thorax reasoned. “I don’t know the whole story, but if I know Twilight, she’s Spike’s first friend! In fact, Spike has told me great things about her! So I know for a fact that Twilight’s no traitor!”

“Whatever!” Ember frowned. “We’re rescuing Spike because she failed…and it took what? Six months to realize this?!”

Wanting to steer out of the awkward talk, Thorax reminded Ember the task at hoof.

“Let’s save this talk for later,” Thorax suggested. “How close is Spike?”

“Not far now!” Ember concentrated. “He’s in there! And he’s…oh no!”

“What?!” Thorax gasped in alarm. “What do you mean oh no?”

“I…I’m feeling…pain!” Ember grunted, almost gasping in shock, like the kind creatures show when they’ve experienced a tremendous amount of exhaustion.

“Suffering…” Ember continued. “Death even! Something terrible is happening in there! Spike’s in pain! Terrible pain!”

“Then we gotta save him!” Thorax snarled, flaring his wings up, leaping into action, with Ember staggering behind him.

11780372
Hello Mr. Phantom. I like your dialogue scenarios. Do you think that we will see Thorax and Ember in this story and do you think Twilight is going to kill the hunter?

11803956
First off, I'm glad you like my dialogues.

Second, it's a possibility. But Dragon Lord Ember in particular is a major plot hole that hadn't been addressed much by the author, even from the very beginning of the story. She has the power to find Spike in a heartbeat.

I'm just writing these dialogues for her and Thorax to be more involved and play some roles in the story, if it ever gets picked back up. Otherwise, anyone can take over the story and finish it in the author's absence.

As for Twilight killing the Hunter a.k.a Spike-turned-General Grievous...I'm sure that by this point, Twilight will have had enough of the Hunter and won't hold back to fight him with everything she's got. Only before she could land the finishing blow, she'll be shocked to discover who the Hunter really is, and just how close she was to killing him.

"Girls... these past few months have been difficult I'm not gonna lie. You have all worked so hard and I'm proud of your efforts. You've all shown determination, resilience and bravery. But now. I'm calling off the search."

"WHAT!" Everpony asked in complete and total shock.

"Twilight you can't be serious?!" Rarity said.

"Spike's ah part of our friendship, this family we've managed to build," Applejack persuaded.

"We can't just give up!" Rainbow said arrogantly.

"I still need to give him the best and super, fantastic and amazing party in the whole of Equestria!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Girls!" Twilight yelled. "It's been three months and I have to accept that Spike is long gone, we've done everything to try and find him, but maybe he doesn't want to come back."

"What do you mean Twilight?" Fluttershy quietly said.

"I hurt Spike, I forgot him when I was having fun, you girls didn't see him. His face, his eyes, he was overcome with pain and agony. I allowed this to happen. I can only say that... I have to call off the search and wish that he's happy," Twilight started to smile, but tears could be seen. "I hope he's living a satisfying life, the one I didn't give him," Twilight hung her head as she cried an endless stream.

Fluttershy got up first and approached Twilight, giving her a hug, comforting the poor mare. Applejack proceeded to do the same as did everypony. This turned into a group hug, gently and softly crying to each other, wishing Spike is living the life he chose.

'I'm sorry, Spike.'

A week passed since the search for Spike slowly died down. Some ponies refused to give up like the Cutie Mark Crusaders, they didn't want to give up on finding Spike but at this point it was hopeless, everypony knew that. Even they did.

Everypony...except for one griffon. She was one of the few creatures remained in the world who still remembered Spike, so devoted to him, and as such...refused to give up her search for him. Even in this world, infested with fear, and monsters, she continues to search for him, night and day.

"Spike's not dead..." Gabby said repeatedly. "He's out there... I know he is. He's in trouble! He needs me... My friend needs me... Spike... Hold on. I'm coming for you!"

Bright Eyes – Watership Down

Gabby searched tirelessly in the woods, over mountains, and ghost towns that were once alive with laughter and singing ponies. Now, they were all desecrated with horrible monsters, diamond dogs, and rogue dragons. This was all the work of the evil Fright, Queen Chrysalis, and their fellow villains. Still, Gabby soldiered on in her search for Spike.

Eventually, Gabby stopped in the Everfree Forest to catch her breath. She had flown for countless of days, never pausing for a drink, or a meal. She was all tuckered out.

"Spike...Spike..." Gabby collapsed onto the grass, overcome with exhaustion.

Just before she closed her eyes, her ears suddenly perked up to what sounded like rapid dreambeats. But the more she listens, she soon realized that they were no drums. They were heartbeats. She held her head up and looked, crawling across the grasses, pulling herself forward, discovering a horrifying sight. An injured creature, barely alive, with a bloody gash across its chest. Clutched in its claws was a broken mask, while the creature's face was barely concealed in the shadows.

Gabby cautiously stepped forward for a closer look, to inspect the creature, who opened its eyes, revealing they are green, with red pupils. At first, Gabby was frightened out of her mind. However, she started to calm down as she looks closer at the eyes to realize who they belong to.

Comment posted by Twidashlover123 deleted January 24th

Gabby approached the creature and seeing who it really was made her more terrified. "No no no no... It can't be... Spike?" she asked in a horrified tone.

The creature turned to look at her, revealing the face of her best friend Spike. "Gabby... Is that you?" he asked as he coughed up a bit of blood.

Gabby, now knowing full well that this was indeed her best friend, started tearing up. "Spike" She said as she hugged the dragon, "I finally found you. I found you"

Spike had a surprised look on his face as she said this. "You mean... that after all this time, you actually still searched for me?"

After Spike said this, Gabby too had a surprised look on her face. "Of course I would Spike, I had to. You mean the world to me." Spikes pupils turned back to normal with that said, showing that the spell had no more burden on him, but with that said, Gabby had one more question.

"But what happened to you? Why are you like this?"

Spike flinched at the question. He remembered everything. From confronting the mane 6 at the Castle of the 2 Sisters, to the fight itself, to Twilight using a powerful spell to cause that big gash on his chest.

"I ran into Twilight and her friends. They attacked me with everything they had. After the fight, I left them because there wasn't a point in staying." Spike told gabby as he started coughing up a lot of blood, with Gabby trying to help him. "I am probably going to die soon anyway."

After that statement and the coughing fit, Gabby's eyes started tearing up again. She was heartbroken to see Spike like this.

"You... You're gonna die?

"I guess I deserve it at this point." Spike confessed as he looked down at his bloody hands. "I did so many horrible things I wish I could take back."

"But you are sorry, We can turn over a new leaf together." Gabby told Spike as she continued comforting him.

Spike however, didn't share her enthusiasm.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible Gabby. I lost too much blood, and its only a matter of time."

Gabby wasn't going to give up just yet.

"No No No No Spike. I won't let that happen." She said as her tears started falling. "I will find help and ---"

"There's nothing you can do gabby. I can already see death coming." Spike stated sadly.

Gabby, seeing as she couldn't help her friend, starts holding him in her claws.

"Wait, come here. I got you."

Spike smiled as he felt Gabby comfort him. "Thanks for being here for me"

"I always will." Gabby said as her tears fell onto his face.

"I always loved your hugs Gabby."

At this, Gabby starts sobbing while tightening her hug on spike. "I'm so sorry that this happened"

Spike, now finding it hard to breathe as death drew closer, decided to comfort her with a few words.

"It's alright Gabby. You will always remain as my best friend." After he said this, he closed his eyes and drew his final breath. Death had taken Spike the Dragon.

"Spike? SPIKE!?!? SPIKE!!!" She started sobbing uncontrollably into him knowing the he has died "I love you"

This is my first what if scenario Phantom. WHat do you think?

11807114
Not bad, Twidashlover123! Not bad! But...I can't say I approve of Spike "dying." Not yet...but this is the part where Ember and Thorax come in.


"Over here!" Called a familiar voice, to which Gabby looked up, seeing a sapphire dragon and a green changeling bursting through the woods, arriving at the spot.

"Spike?!" The sapphire dragon exclaimed, until she gasped with horrified eyes at what she was saying, cradling in Gabby's arms. "SPIKE!"

Gabby looked as the changeling bent his head down, listening to Spike's chest, before he looked up at the dragon.

"He's still alive," The changeling said. "But barely...maybe we can still save him."

"Of course we're saving him, Thorax!" The dragon snarled. "We didn't came this far to lose Spike now!"

"Wait, who are you guys?" Gabby asked the dragon and changeling. "Are you friends of Spike?"

"If we're not his friends, then why would we be here?" The dragon snarled.

"Uh...What she means is, yes, we're friends of Spike," The changeling stammered. "I'm Thorax. This is Dragon Lord Ember. And you are?"

"I'm Gabby Griffon," Gabby replied frantically. "And can you save Spike?"

"We'll try," Thorax reassured.

"No, we will," Ember stomped her foot as she held up the Bloodstone Scepter. "As Dragon Lord, I'll save Spike and bring whoever did this to him to justice! Any ideas who it was?"

Gabby looked at both Ember and Thorax. She felt rather conflicted about answering them, because she could hardly believe that Spike's life is now on a very thin thread, nor could she believe that the ponies would do such a thing to him. She sobbed terribly, as a gentle hoof stroke across her back.

"Shhhh, it's gonna be okay, Gabby," Thorax comforted. "We'll set things right."

"Yeah," Ember added, but in a softer tone. "Whoever did this to Spike will answer to me. And I'll see to it that they'll never touch another scale on him ever again. If you know who they are, just give me their names...or....their colors... Or a picture even. Just tell us who did this..."

Gabby cried uncontrollably, as she struggled to compose herself together enough to answer, "It...was..."

And then later, when Ember and Thorax confront Princess Twilight and the Mane Six...so many ways the confrontation would go..."

Scenario #1: (Most dramatic confrontation, in the Everfree Forest)

Twilight Sparkle: "Ember! Thorax! Gabby! I never meant for this to happen! I didn't know!"

Gabby: (To Twilight) "Didn't know?" (Sobbing) "Like you didn't care how you've mistreated Spike?"

Thorax: (To Twilight) "Or the fact you abandoned him to Fright?"

Ember: (To Twilight) "This is all YOUR FAULT, Princess! You call yourself a Princess of Friendship? Is this how you treat your friends? Especially a DRAGON?! THIS IS HOW YOUR IDEA OF FRIENDSHIP, WITH SPIKE?! WITH ME?!"

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember) "NO! I SWEAR! I NEVER–"

Ember: (To Twilight) "SILENCE!!!!" (In her normal voice) "By choosing to abandon Spike, to attempt to kill him, you didn't just dishonor your friendship with him, but you've also dishonored ME!"

Twilight Sparkle: (Sobbing) "I'm sorry..."

Thorax: (Annoyed at Twilight) "Sorry? Sorry doesn't cut it this time, Twilight. You tried to kill, Spike!"

Rainbow Dash: (Vouching for Twilight) "But. We. Didn't! KNOW!"

Gabby: (Sobbing) "What difference, does it make? Spike almost died, because of you... We trusted you..."

Thorax: (To Gabby) "C'mon, Gabby. Let's not drag this on any longer. Spike needs us..."

Rarity: (Tries to follow) "Wait! I...I'm coming with you–AH!" (Stops when Ember nearly roasted her)

Ember: (To Rarity) "HAVEN'T YOU PONIES BEEN LISTENING?!!!" (Normal voice) "You seriously thought we'd just LET you see Spike again, after WHAT YOU DID TO HIM?! NONE OF YOU ARE ALLOWED WITHIN TEN STEPS NEAR HIM! YOU HEAR ME?! No magic. No wing flaps. NOT EVEN A LOOK AT HIM! And after this betrayal, the alliance between dragons and ponies is hereby TERMINATED!"

Mane Six: "WHAT?!"

Ember: "YOU HEARD ME! From this moment on, we are no longer allies! And if I were all of you ponies right now, I'd take my leave out of this forest, AND NEVER COME BACK AGAIN!"

Or maybe something less dramatic, like...

Scenario #2: (Less dramatic confrontation, in the Everfree Forest)

Ember: (To the Mane Six) "WHAT did you ponies think you were doing?"

Fluttershy: (To Ember) "...We were just trying to help..."

Ember: (To the Mane Six) "YOU call abandoning Spike and later trying to KILL HIM as HELP?! Is this really your idea of FRIENDSHIP?! You ponies are worse than I THOUGHT!"

Twilight Sparkle: (Sobbing to Ember) "But we didn't know Spike and the Hunter were one and the same!"

Thorax: (To Twilight) "Like you didn't even know his birthday and your cutie mark anniversary were on the same day? I mean, are you girls serious?"

Twilight Sparkle: (Sobbing to Thorax) "It wasn't like that...I...WE..."

Ember: (To Twilight) "ENOUGH!!!!" (Normal voice) "If you're done 'helping', we will take it from here. The ones who actually cared about Spike... His real friends...."

Twilight Sparkle: "But...we..." (Watches Ember and Thorax leaving with Spike and Gabby) "...We are his real...friends..."

Scenario #3: (After Fright's defeat)

Rainbow Dash: "I'm glad that it's finally over. Fright's been defeated. The creatures from Tartarus are being rounded up."

Rarity: "And the villains are being arrested and sent off to prison, where they'll be locked behind bars for a very long time."

Pinkie Pie: "So LET'S PARTY!"

Applejack: (Solemn) "Not so fast there, Sugarcube. Now's not a good time to celebrate. Equestria's still a mess. So many homes have been defiled by them varmints. Queen Chrysalis is still at large."

Twilight Sparkle: "Not to mention everypony who have been victims of Fright's fear spell... We're going to be cleaning up afterwards for a very long time..."

Rainbow Dash: (To Twilight) "Yeah, but...hey. At least we found Spike. Right? And that's a good thing."

Ember: (To Rainbow Dash) "Correction. WE found Spike AND rescued him. That's the difference between us! YOU ponies abandoned him, then tried to KILL HIM!"

Rainbow Dash: (To Ember) "We didn't know it was him! He wore a mask! He was clad in armor! And he–HOW were we supposed to know?!"

Thorax: (To Rainbow Dash) "Uh...let me think. Oh yeah! He's got spiky crests on his head! He looks like an armored dragon! And he knows Twilight and all of you better than YOU know him!" (To Twilight) "C'mon, Twilight. You're the brains. You could've figured that out, didn't you?"

Twilight Sparkle: (To Thorax) "I didn't have time to figure it all out! I...I was trying to save everypony!"

Ember: (To Twilight) "A-HA! There it is! Right there! Save everypony! NOT every dragons! So I guess the Princess of Friendship doesn't care about Spike enough to rescue him and thought it would be better to abandon him instead in favor of rescuing other ponies, like her!"

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember) "It's not like that!"

Ember: (To Twilight) "Uh-huh, keep telling yourself that."

Thorax: (To Ember) "Ember...I'm just as upset as you are about Spike, but..." (To Twilight) "But at least you've tried to look for him before any of this happened. Right? I mean, you at least tried to rescue him, didn't you?"

Twilight Sparkle: (Sobbing to Thorax) "Of course, we did! We've looked everywhere for him! But...we didn't even know where to look! We didn't even know Fright existed back when! I...If I had known, I wouldn't have..."

Thorax: (To Twilight) "...What do you mean if you had known?"

Twilight Sparkle: "...I...I..."

Gabby: (To Thorax) "I can answer that. 5 months ago, Twilight...called the search off. Everypony soon gave up and Twilight replaced Spike with Dinky..."

Twilight Sparkle: (To Gabby) "Gabby!"

Ember and Thorax: (To Twilight) "...You did WHAT?!"

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember and Thorax) "I THOUGHT HE FOUND A NEW LIFE, SOMEWHERE! I didn't know! I just–"

Ember: (To Twilight) "Oh! A new life, huh? So THIS...ALL OF THIS is your idea of a new life for him?"

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember) "NO! Of course not! I...I thought it was something else. Something more...to his liking! I thought he was...somewhere safe...like Thorax's Kingdom! Or maybe your kingdom, Ember! I...I..." (Sobbing) "I just didn't know..."

Ember: (To Twilight) "Didn't know?" (Scoffs) "You didn't even bother checking the Dragon Lands to see for yourself if Spike was there! And you didn't even tell me that Spike was missing! I mean..." (Starts tearing up herself) "Did you forget that I have the power to find him? With this?" (Hold up the Bloodstone Scepter) "As Dragon Lord, I have control over every dragons in the world! I could easily find Spike in a heartbeat! And on top of that, Spike is my friend!"

Thorax: (To Twilight) "He's also my friend! I could've also been a big help finding him, if you had just told me about this months ago, Twilight! Maybe I could've even save us all the trouble!"

Gabby: (To Twilight) "And I never stopped looking for him, even after you decided to call off the search! How much friendship is that compared to yours? All of yours combined?"

(The Mane Six were both silenced into shame by what the three had said to them).

Thorax: (To Ember and Gabby) "C'mon, let's go check up on, Spike. I'm sure he needs us now more than ever..."

Gabby: (To Thorax) "Yeah, I'm with you there, Thorax."

Rarity: (To Ember) "Wait! ...Please, tell me... Will Spikey–Wikey be okay? And...could you let us know?"

Ember: (To Rarity) "He'll live... As long as none of you ever touched him again... But after this... I'm just wonder if your 'friendship' is worth it..."

11815696
I like all of these scenarios, although I prefer scenario 3 the best.
But I believe that there should be a scene between where Ember and Thorax find Gabby and spike and where Ember, Thorax and Gabby confront twilight and her friends where Ember, Thorax and Gabby successfully heal Spike and they let him rest while the 3 confront them, but I don't have any ideas.

11816119

But I believe that there should be a scene between where Ember and Thorax find Gabby and spike and where Ember, Thorax and Gabby confront twilight and her friends where Ember, Thorax and Gabby successfully heal Spike and they let him rest while the 3 confront them, but I don't have any ideas.

Something like this?

Ember and Thorax find Spike and Gabby

Gabby continues to cradle Spike, when she heard the sound of leaves rustling form the forest. She looked up in alarm, flaring her wings as she prepares to defend herself and Spike for whatever comes towards them.

"Over here!" Called a familiar voice, to which Gabby looked up, seeing a sapphire dragon and a green changeling bursting through the woods, arriving at the spot.

"Spike?!" The sapphire dragon exclaimed, until she gasped with horrified eyes at what she was saying, cradling in Gabby's arms. "SPIKE!"

Gabby looked as the changeling bent his head down, listening to Spike's chest, before he looked up at the dragon.

"He's still alive," The changeling said. "But barely...maybe we can still save him."

"Of course we're saving him, Thorax!" The dragon snarled. "We didn't came this far to lose Spike now!"

"Wait, who are you guys?" Gabby asked the dragon and changeling. "Are you friends of Spike?"

"If we're not his friends, then why would we be here?" The dragon snarled.

"Uh...What she means is, yes, we're friends of Spike," The changeling stammered. "I'm Thorax. This is Dragon Lord Ember. And you are?"

"I'm Gabby Griffon," Gabby replied frantically. "And can you save Spike?"

"Stand back," Ember held up the Bloodstone Scepter, concentrating into its powers and chanted, "Dragons of the past, hear me now! I, Dragon Lord Ember, call upon you, save this fallen dragon I call friend. Save Spike..."

With that, the Bloodstone Scepter works its magic, pouring from the ruby, into Spike's wound, stopping the bleeding and restoring them into the wounded dragon. Then, as if worked with invisible stitches, the wound seems to be closing itself up, until at last, Spike let out a cough, before he collapsed into Gabby's arms, breathing slowly and deeply.

"He's okay," Ember collapsed onto the ground. "For now..."

"That is amazing!" Gabby cried in a mix of relief and sadness. "You saved Spike!"

"Just barely," Ember clutched her chest. "I've...only given him a portion of my life...to save his..."

"Oh dear," Gabby gasped in shock.

"Don't worry about me," Ember reassured. "I'll be alright. What matters is Spike will live."

Gabby nodded, turning her head down towards Spike, "What should we do now?"

"Spike's in a coma right now," Thorax checked the dragon's head. "We need to get him somewhere safe. Someplace for him to rest..."

"Yeah, let's do that," Gabby agreed.

"But what I'm more interested is who, or what could've done this to him?" Ember snarled, with purple flames pouring from her mouth. "I want to find them and make them answer to Dragon Justice for this!"

"We'll worry about that later," Thorax replied to Ember. "Right now, Spike needs his rest. And I should probably find Twilight and let her know we've found him. She'll be happy to know he's alright!"

"...That's just it," Gabby murmured. "...The one who attacked Spike and left him like this...was...Princess Twilight."

As if they've been struck by lightning, both Ember and Thorax turned to Gabby in outrage.

"WHAT?!!!!"


And then later, the three find and confront Twilight and the others at the Castle of the Two Sisters.

11816143
Just like that. Nice scene there phantom

11816173
Your turn. How do you think the three of them will confront Twilight and the others later on?

11816949
I'll try and write something

"We finally defeated that wretched Hunter girls." Twilight cheered. "And with the damage I dealt to him, I don't think he's coming back anytime soon."

"Yeah we did. I hope that hunter burns in tartarus for eternity for what he did to you guys." Rainbow Dash said. Just then. they hear rustling leaves not far from them. They get into an defensive position, ready to attack whatever is coming. Ember, Thorax and Gabby come out of the bush and into the view of the girls.

"Ember! Thorax! Gabby!" Twilight yelled, trotting over to them, only stopping after seeing the angry looks on their faces with tears in Gabby's eyes. "Is something wrong?"

"Yes. We are not happy, NOT AT ALL!!!" Ember screamed, scaring everyone else and making Fluttershy cower behind Applejack. "DID YOU THINK IT WAS OK TO ABANDON SPIKE, REPLACE HIM AND THEN ALMOST KILL HIM?!?!"

Twilight and her friends saw the literal fire in her eyes and figured out she knew everything, and Twilight started to tear up. "I never meant for that to happen." She starts crying. "We tried so hard to find him. We looked everywhere and we couldn't find him."

"You gave up the search, you gave up on him and then replaced him, and after just 2 months. Did you really try your best?" Thorax stated.

Twilight was at a loss for words. "I... I-"

"And why did you not tell us that our best friend was missing?" Thorax continued, getting angrier by the second. "We could have helped find him."

"And did you forget that I could have easily found him with my scepter? I could have found him in mere minutes." Ember said angrily.

Twilight and her friends looked down in shame until Rainbow Dash realized something. "Wait, when did we ever try to kill him? We didn't try to kill him."

At this point, Gabby stepped in. "I found Spike on the floor of the Everfree Forest covered in blood and with a broken mask in his claw." As soon as Gabby said this, Twilights pupils turned microscopic while the rest of the ponies felt sick to their stomachs.

"He- he was... and I" Twilight couldn't get out the words.

"You tried to kill him. You tried to kill a friend, our friend." Gabby said as she started tearing up. "He's barely alive because of you guys and who knows what would have happened to him if we didn't find him. You say friendship is supposed to be magic, then why did it become so tragic? I used to call you a friend, but now I'm no longer proud to call you one."

Twilight was shocked. "Gabby, please..."

"Come on, Thorax and Gabby. We should leave and check on spike." Ember said, but before they left, she turned to face twilight and her friends. "And don't even try to follow us, or I might do something I might regret." With that said, Ember, Thorax and Gabby left the castle leaving the 6 ponies there.

"Wh-What have I done?" Twilight asked as she started crying again.

How about this?

11817204
I've mentioned before that Twilight and friends will discover who the Hunter really is, or was, during the battle. And the reason the Hunter got away, was because Twilight spared him, or stopped her friends from delivering the finishing blow.

But this looks alright. Nice job!

Possible confrontation between Ember and the Mane 6

Twilight Sparkle: (Hyperventilating) "This can't be! This can't be happening! Spike and the Hunter? Were one and the same?! I...I...I almost killed him! I ALMOST KILLED SPIKE!"

Applejack: (To Twilight) "It wasn't jus' you, Twi. We almost... It wasn't just you."

Twilight Sparkle: (To Applejack) "That doesn't help, Applejack! The point is...SPIKE! ALMOST! DIED! Because of US!" (Gasps in horror) "And...IF Ember found out what I almost did–"

????: "I already have..."

Startled, the Mane Six all turned their attention to a displeased Ember, standing by the entrance of the Castle of Two Sisters. The sapphire dragon marched towards the ponies, with purple flames bursting from her mouth, and her red eyes glaring into Twilight's soul.

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember) "Dragon Lord Ember?! I...I...Uh..." (Nervously) "Wh-Wh-What brings you here?"

Ember: (To Twilight) "What brings me here? You really want to know?" (Roars loudly) "BECAUSE OF SPIKE! THAT'S WHY!!!" (Grabs Twilight by the neck) "Care to explain how Spike has a bloody gash on his chest? Or even, how he's no longer the little runt I remembered him to be? Or why some crying griffon told me and Thorax that YOU tried to kill him?!"

Twilight Sparkle: (Choking) "I...I didn't...Wait. Griffon? What griffon? And...Thorax is here? ACK!" (Ember tightens her hold on Twilight's throat)

Ember: (To Twilight) "ANSWER ME! NOW!" (Slams Twilight on the floor) "WHY DID YOU TRY TO KILL, SPIKE?!!!"

Rainbow Dash: (Flies towards Ember) "WHOA! Hey, take it easy! It–It–It wasn't her fault, she didn't–" (Gets swatted away by Ember who continued to throw Twilight across the castle floor)

Twilight tries to get up, but then Ember stepped on her wing, breaking it.

Twilight Sparkle: (Screams in agony) "AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!" (Gets grabbed by the throat again and thrown into a wall)

Ember: (To Twilight) "The Princess of Friendship...tries to murder my friend, Spike? Was that how IT IS?! HAS THIS ALL BEEN JUST A SICK GAME TO YOU?!!!"

Twilight Sparkle: (Tries to hide from Ember) "EMBER! Please! Let me explain! I didn't know! It's not what it looks!" (Barely dodges a fireball from Ember)

Ember: (To Twilight) "Not what it looks? I just heard a couple of days ago, from some creepy freak's message in the sky, that YOU abandoned Spike to him! You abandoned him! And now you had the gall to TRY AND KILL HIM? And this has been going on for THREE MONTHS?!!"

Applejack: (To Ember) "EMBER! That's ENOUGH! Twilight's been through enough! She's–"

Ember: (To the Mane 6) "SILENCE!!!!" (Addresses to Twilight Sparkle) "Need I remind you stupid ponies, that Spike is the official ambassador between dragons and ponies. He's my friend. He's the reason why I agreed to forming an alliance between Equestria and the dragons. So...when you betray him, YOU BETRAY ME!!! You're asking for dragons and ponies to go to war! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED?!!!"

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember) "NO!" (Sniffs her tears and bloods) "No, of course not, Ember! I...I–"

Ember: (To Twilight) "Or HAVE you FORGOTTEN THAT?!!!"

Twilight's fears and sorrows came rushing back to her like a tidal wave, as she remembers the last words she said to Spike, before he ran away, was kidnapped by Fright, and became the Hunter. All because she had forgotten him. And now, it has come back to bite her again. This time, it's Dragon Lord Ember she's become afraid of.

Twilight Sparkle: (Sobbing) "No..." (Gets her throat squeezed by Ember's claws)

Ember: (To Twilight) "THEN WHY DID YOU TRY TO KILL HIM FOR FIVE MONTHS?!!!"

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember) "BECAUSE OF FRIGHT!! THAT'S WHY! I...I tried to save, Ember. I really did. But...Fright...I didn't know he existed back when. I never meant to abandon Spike! I didn't know that was him! I SWEAR!!"

Ember: (To Twilight, tightening Twilight's neck even harder) "WHO? IS? FRIGHT?!!!"

Rainbow Dash: (To Ember) "He's that freak you mentioned! That...that creepy face, in the sky? THAT was him! HE kidnapped Spike! He corrupted the poor guy! He turned him into a monster! Released several other monsters into Equestria! He turned Spike into a monster, tricking us into fighting him!"

Ember: (Looks at Rainbow, then to Twilight) "You gave, Spike up to that freak so you can kill him later?"

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember) "For the last time, I didn't abandon, Spike! Not on purpose!" (Ember was about to punch Twilight) "WAIT! I CAN CURE SPIKE!" (Ember raises an eyebrow) "Fright...did something to Spike. But...I can find out what he did! I can fix Spike... Restore him back to the way he was. I promise! Just give me time, Ember! I'll do it."

Ember: (To Twilight) "Time? You had plenty of time, three months ago, to tell me that Spike was in trouble. THREE MONTHS! As Dragon Lord, I have the power to find Spike in mere days, and YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME?!!!"

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember) "I–I-I-I'm sorry! I didn't...I promise, this time will be different. Just don't hurt me. Or my friends! I'll fix all of this, I swear!"

Ember: (Growls at Twilight) "You're just LUCKY that Spike isn't DEAD right now! Otherwise, I would've KILLED YOU RIGHT HERE AND NOW TO AVENGE HIM! And if you REALLY WANT TO SET THINGS RIGHT AGAIN, it starts NOW!" (Throws Twilight to her friends) "YOU have 24 HOURS to find this Fright freak, find a cure, and turn Spike back to normal! YA GET ME?!"

Mane 6: "24 HOURS?!"

Rainbow Dash: "BUT THAT'S TOO SHORT! Even for me!"

Twilight Sparkle: "How are we supposed to get a cure in 24 hours?"

Ember: (To Twilight) "THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, Princess of Friendship. 24 hours or the alliance between dragons and ponies is terminated! Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get back to Spike..." (Flaps her wings and takes her leave)

Maybe a more “humane” approach that’s less violent…

Gabby, Ember, and Thorax confronting the Mane 6

Ember: “Princess…”

Twilight Sparkle: “Dragon Lord Ember. Thorax. And…Gabby…”

Thorax: “….Why, Twilight? Why now, did we find out that Spike was in trouble? And it’s been going for what? Four months? And you never told us?”

Ember: “Spike is our friend too, you know… Why was it so important that you never told us our friend was in trouble?!”

Gabby: “Or that he was kidnapped?! Or turned into…into that?”

Twilight Sparkle: “We didn’t know he and the Hunter were one and the same…”

Ember: “Whatever. You should’ve come to me first! As Dragon Lord, I have control over every single dragons in the world! And that includes, Spike! I can find him a lot quicker, in a heartbeat than it took you ponies months to find him!”

Twilight Sparkle: “I…I’m aware of that, but I…I didn’t want to trouble you. Any of you…”

Thorax: “…So you decided to wait until Spike was dead to tell us?! The whole truth?! Is that what you’re saying, Twilight?”

Twilight Sparkle: “No! Of course not! That’s not what I’m saying?”

Thorax: “Then what do you mean exactly? You want to lie to us about Spike, then stab us in our hearts, later?!”


Twilight Sparkle: “No! I…I…”

Ember: “ENOUGH! No more excuses! Just give us the truth! Why didn’t you tell us to help look for Spike?”

Twilight Sparkle: “BECAUSE I HAVE TO SAVE HIM! ALL OF THIS WAS MY FAULT! MY FAULT! I forgot to invite Spike out for lunch, for picnics, to my birthday parties, when I kept forgetting HIS! I never listened to him! I laughed at him when everyone else bullied him! All of this madness was because I WASN’T THERE FOR HIM when he NEEDED ME THE MOST!!!”

Twilight breaks down crying in front of Ember, Thorax, and Gabby.

Twilight Sparkle: (Sobbing) “I have to fix all this…this was all my fault. So I have to clean up everything… I…have to fix…everything. Especially Spike…”

Ember: (Scoffs) “Well, you did a good job enough. But now, you should’ve let the real professionals handle this!”

Thorax: “Also, back up for a minute… You bullied him?”

Rainbow Dash: (To Thorax) “Whoa, whoa, hey, Thorax! Take it easy! It wasn’t just her! Okay. We all share the blame. We…may have teased Spike a lot more than we should have. But…it… I’m just as guilty…”

Thorax: (To Rainbow Dash) “…And that’s suppose to make me feel better? For as long as I can remember, Spike’s been telling me nothing but great things about you ponies. And now…you’re telling me…it was all a lie? You girls never cared about him? You were never his friends?”

Applejack: “It’s not a lie! We ARE his friends!”

Rarity: “Applejack’s right darling! We appreciate having Spikey-Wikey as our friend. We never meant to cause him such grievances.”

Thorax: (To Rarity) “Oh, that’s rich, coming from the pony who pawned off my buddy’s unrequited crush for so long…”

Rarity: (To Thorax) “…Now was that really necessary?”

Ember: (To Rarity) “Just admit it. You only wanted him back so you can have him be your little errand boy again!”

Rarity: (To Ember) “THAT’S! NOT! TRUE! And who are you to judge? You don’t know me long enough!”

Thorax: (To Rarity) “The point is we owe our lives to Spike! We’re all here, because of him.”

Twilight Sparkle: “So are we…”

Fluttershy: “Everyone STOP FIGHTING!” (To Ember, Thorax, and Gabby) “We understand you are all worried about Spike than we are! And granted, you’re much better friends for him than we are. But please remember we were all trying our best for Spike! We want to save him too! So please, just cut us some slack!”

Fluttershy: (To Twilight and the girls) “Twilight! You really should’ve known better than to keep all of this from Ember, Thorax, and…”

Gabby: “Gabby.”

Fluttershy: “And Gabby! Spike means a lot to them! And because you didn’t tell them the truth ti begin with, then you’re just as selfish than you were before!”

Twilight Sparkle: “But Fluttershy—“

Fluttershy: “No buts! If you really wanted to help Spike, and make amends with him, then you should’ve started with his friends! Friends who truly wouldn’t give up on him! Isn’t that what being the Princess of Friendship all about? Reaching out to friends? Friends of a friend who you’re trying to save?”

Twilight Sparkle: “Well…yes?”

Fluttershy: “Then be the Princess of Friendship! Take responsibility! Not for us, but for you!”

Twilight Sparkle: (Swallows a lump) “…Okay.” (To Ember and friends) “You’re right. I should’ve come to you for assistance a long time ago! I know I can’t take back the past mistakes I made, but…I’m asking you all now to help me repair the present mistakes for a better future…Don’t do it for me. Do it for Spike. He is my…your friend! And…even if he doesn’t want to be friends with me again, I know he’ll be in better care with all of you. And that’s good enough for me…”

Ember turns to Thorax, who nodded, then to Gabby, who also nodded.

Ember: (To Twilight) “Fine. We’ll help. But it’s not going to change my mind. After we’re done, Spike’s coming home with me.”

Thorax: “And I have his room ready at my place.”

Gabby: “And I’ll visit him everyday, to keep him company while he recovers!”

Ember: (To Twilight) “Oh. One more thing, Princess. The alliance between dragons and Equestria is officially suspended…”

Twilight Sparkle: (To Ember) “W-WHAT?!”

Ember: (To Twilight) “In case you forgot, Spike was also the ambassador between you ponies and dragons. And in light of these recent events…and your…ineptitude…it’s official to me that ponies and dragons can never be friends.”

Applejack: “Now hang on a minute there!” (Twilight shushed Applejack)

Ember: “It’s not just for Spike’s sake. As Dragon Lord, the safety and the well-being of my dragons comes first. And if I let you ponies keep Spike, after everything, then every creatures, especially every dragons, will think it’s okay to let you forget and abandon him again, to destroy our world!”

Twilight Sparkle: “I…I…I wouldn’t…not again…”

Thorax: “I’m sorry, Twilight. I really am. I know you didn’t mean for all this, and I understand you want to make amends. But she's right. Image is everything. And sometimes, you have to know where the line is drawn. And when you’re in too deep to bounce back… Besides, you have to consider what is best for Spike, even if it doesn’t include you…”

Twilight Sparkle: “…I…understand…”

11821807
After a long and hard battle for the mane 6, they defeated the hunter. His mask was sliced in half and what was left of it was bloodied after the hunter touched it with his bloodied claw after he felt his abdominal wound.

Rainbow Dash: YEAHH, we did it!

Twilight: Look at us hunter and face your punishment

The hunter looks at Twilight and her friends heavily breathing and they notice green irises with red pupils. Everyone is confused

Pinkie Pie: Why do you look familiar

The Hunter: Mostly because I am.

With the mask gone, everyone could hear his voice clearly and everyone was shocked. Twilight and Fluttershy started getting tears in their eyes

Twilight: No... No No No No No this can't be. Are you really...

Fluttershy: Spike? Is that really you?

The hunter looked down, sighed, and looked back at them again

Hunter: Spike is gone. (Breathes deeply) I'm all that remains

Everyone is starting to get tears in their eyes, even Rainbow Dash and Applejack. Twilight is trying to find the right words to say

Twilight: (In a shaky voice) S-spike... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... For everything

The hunter closes his eyes and breathes deeply again.

Hunter: Fright said that I was your greatest failure... but he is wrong, Twilight.

Everyone's tears started falling freely. Twilight looked like she was gonna start sobbing

Hunter: You didn't drive Spike away... I did

Everyone was surprised by what he said and then the hunter gave them an angry look

Hunter: The same way Fright will drive you away from Equestria forever

The hunter decided to leave the six ponies, leaving a trail of blood behind him. Before he left though, he looked back at them

Hunter: I'm done with everyone. I'm done with you, I'm done with Fright, I'm done with all of it. Have a good life... girls

With that, he left into the forest, looking for a place to rest for a while. Twilight and the girls couldn't hold their crying back anymore so they huddled together and started sobbing silently. Twilight whispered very quietly

Twilight: Spike

I just decided to write this because I was bored and had the time to write it

11845732
It's very good. Love the reference to Darth Vader and Obi-Wan's battle.

Comment posted by Twidashlover123 deleted March 10th
Login or register to comment