• Published 3rd Apr 2016
  • 3,354 Views, 346 Comments

The Anthropologist - Weavers of Dreams



Join Lyra as she interacts in various human-related problems ranging from wannabe Nazis to eldritch horrors that just need some love. No problem is too great that it can't be fixed with a baseball bat or high-powered cieling fan, that's a promise.

  • ...
19
 346
 3,354

PreviousChapters Next
-32- Saturday Part: Three

"After I beat the diamond dog at that wrestling match, I was awarded with the Boneroot. I took that Boneroot to the singing bush, who told me I could find the ball of silver yarn in ghastly gorge. Surviving that, I took the silver yarn to the old ewe and she gave me the rusty horseshoe. I took that old thing to that creepy old mare on the edge of town, and received the diamond whiskey bottle. I gave the bottle to Mr. Rich, who gave me his prized bowling ball. Used the bowling ball to win the bowling tournament, and receive the hoofball tickets. I gave the tickets to Big Mac and his pals so that I could have one of his work harnesses. I gave the harness to Fluttershy, who gave me a jar of rainbow from her father. I gave the jar to Mr. Breezy at Quills 'n' Sofas, and received the albino blue jay feather. Then I traded the feather for this jar of apple cider."

Lyra grinned as she held up her prize proudly for Rarity to see.

"Are you sure you're not related to Pinkie Pie?" the white mare asked dubiously.

Lyra nodded. "I am one hundred percent sure that I am not related to her in any way whatsoever."

Rarity shrugged. "If you say so, dear. Now, why don't you leave that here so we can get on with your fitting." She took a few steps before freezing in realization. "Wait a second. Did you say that you gave Big Mac's harness to Fluttershy?"

"Uuuh, yeah, I don't think I was supposed to mention that," Lyra said nervously, rubbing the back of her head with a hoof. "Please don't say anything, Rarity. I'll buy five swimsuits if you promise to be discrete."

Rarity considered it for a moment. "Six. And you have to purchase one piece of lacy lingerie while you're here as well."

"Fine," the mint mare conceded with a grunt as she set down her saddlebags as well. The bowling ball made them extra heavy. "But the lingerie gets to be red."

"I'll allow it," Rarity shrugged. "Considering the activity it's meant for, that will be just fine. Any plans in that regard?"

"Someday," Lyra said, then quickly added, "maybe."

Rarity chuckled and rolled her eyes as she led Lyra towards a raised platform. "You're not getting any younger, Lyra."

"I've got decades left for that stuff," Lyra responded, turning a bit red, and a little upset. "Don't exactly see you prancing about with a stallion either."

Rarity just smiled. "I've got my eye one few good prospects. But, between making sure I get my business running smoothly and saving Equestria on a regular basis, I'm a little swamped. You, however, have a delightful little herd that's just waiting to happen. What's your excuse?"

"Lack of courage," Lyra grumbled as Rarity began comparing fabrics to her fur. "So, did you watch the latest episode of Super Harmony Friends Force?"

"Changing the subject, huh?" Rarity chuckled, but conceded. "Yes, I did. But, as thrilled as I was to see an episode all about moi, I can't help but feel the writers decided to forgo a proper script and just throw a lot of action together. I mean, they had me... that is, the character based off of me, finish the whole fight with the Infinity Needle Cross-Stitch, a move she previously only ever used on very powerful villains. Why would it be necessary to use such an attack on a bunch of mindless crustaceans?"

"Because it looks cool," Lyra stated with a grin. "But, yeah, I admit, it was a little over kill. Though, I wasn't expecting to see another of the relics to appear already in the series."

Rarity nodded. "Yes, I found that a mite curious myself. There wasn't even any build up to it. It really just felt like filler episode. Really not flattering at all."

"Still fun," Lyra said with a shrug as she looked back at what Rarity was doing. "Oh, pink. Yeah, I can see that working."

"Lavender pink, darling," rarity corrected her. "And, yes, it will work marvelously as the base. It's so nice to work such a rare fur collar."

"Rare?" Lyra had never heard that before.

"How many other mares have you met with mint fur?" The seamstress had a point.

"Still don't see what's wrong with red, though. It would certainly draw the colts' attention, don't you think?" the mare's smile with big and meant a lot.

"Only if you want attention from the immature ones," Rarity huffed. "No. You've got plenty of natural beauty, Lyra. And I plan on accentuating it."

Lyra's blushed a bit. "Well. Thank you. I try my best. But, how are you going to accentuate all my natural assets?"

Rarity chuckled a bit. "Trust the tailor, dear. Now, do you want an elastic band or side ties?"

"Side ties," Lyra said. "Elastic is really uncomfortable for me, and it pulls my fur something awful."

Rarity made a quick note of that. "Plenty of mares feel the same way. Earth ponies seem to prefer it though, makes it easier for them."

"That means I'm gonna make Bonny so jealous," Lyra beamed, striking a pose. Which resulted in a needle pricking her flank. "Yeeowch."

"Don't move, Lyra," Rarity scolded her. She examined the wound. "It's not bleeding. The fabric will be fine."

"I'm okay, thanks," Lyra muttered sulkily.

"Don't act like such a little filly."

"I'm trypanophobic."

"No you're not."

"No, I'm not," Lyra sighed as Rarity continued working. "So, how much longer is this going to take?"

"Just a minute more." Rarity began pulling things out of draws with her magic until it was like a veritable tornado was flying around her as she stitched, snipped, and tweaked the fabric. Needless to say, Lyra found herself standing very still throughout this part of the process. "Aaaand... done. Have a look, Lyra."

Glad to move, Lyra turned towards a mirror. "Ooh, that is nice. Now I see what you meant by accentuating my stuff."

"Those highlights will guarantee a stallion's eyes will be locked on all those delightful curves and bits," Rarity beamed. "Why, come this summer, you'll have a certain blue stallion's full attention."

Lyra gave Rarity an unamused look. "If I promise to kiss the guy the next time I see him, will you stop that line of thought?"

"On the lips," the white unicorn said, bouncing her brow in an insufferable fashion.

The other unicorn turned bright red. "Oh, com'on. Really?"

Rarity nodded with a wicked smile. "You just need a little push, dear."

PreviousChapters Next