• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,077 Views, 4,430 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,430
 8,077

PreviousChapters Next
Getting Her Measure, by Speckle

The day was Saturday. The atmosphere was cool inside the Boutique. And Rarity was somehow flitting between two dresses without any visible lightbow.

“In addition to time-space being associated with fabric—you know, like, the fabric of space and such? Well, there’s also the fact that she’s got a creative knack to make just about anything art-related under the sun and making that anything work. That’s a trait that goes hand-in-hand with the Sylph Class."

Rarity was too busy fixing a seam to pay much attention to Abstract Cognition's monologue, as In the Zone as the pink-skinned sophomore.

“And when it comes to Time, she finds a way to manage it, making time for school, schoolwork, family, and her budding business. I mean, she’s not like Aradia in the sense that she can produce an army’s worth of Doomed Timeline Clones, but then again, no two similar Hero Titles use their abilities in the same way. So, yeah, Maid of Time."

Twilight had only managed to read up to Act 3 of the insane webcomic thus far. She still had a hard time wrapping her head around the story and what mechanics were found in its lore. That being said, she still had some inkling of an idea what Habitrapped was about behind its general insanity and nonsensical narrative, so some parts of what Abstract was relaying managed to click better than when they'd gone over her own Title.

“Time and Space are absolutely necessary for a successful Session: without either, you’ll lose the Game and no new Universe can be spawned. Your friend Rarity is pulling double-duty as someone who makes time and someone who manages the stage of the main story.”

Purple eyes blinked curiously behind a pair of glasses, “What story?”

“Metaphor, duh. For life, living, existence. In this case, the story of her life and the lives of her family and friends, and even the world as it is now.”

Twilight attempted to nod, but a weird noise of protest from Rarity (who held four pins tightly between her lips) got her to tilt her head back up.

“Anyway, as a person who Creates with both her Classes and Aspects, you have to admit that Tailor of Worlds sounds really good," Abstract finished with a wide, proud grin.

"I...guess?" Twilight would've shrugged, but the odds of Rarity making another weird noise were high, so she just sighed, "I wish I had my notebook..."

"Why'd you volunteer to help model for the dress if you wanted to take notes?" Abby asked, having no real issue with holding her current pose, noting out of the corner of her eye that Twilight was two wobbles away from falling off her podium.

"Do you remember asking to model when we walked inside?"

Abby opened her mouth....and let it hang there for a minute as her memory shared with her that no, no she most certainly did not volunteer for this. She didn't even remember getting stripped out of her normal clothes and being fitted, the white-skinned fashionista a whirlwind with her measuring tape.

"... Whoa," Abby's jaw resumed movement, a big grin lighting up her face, "so that's how she uses her Time Aspect!"

Twilight could only sigh again.

PreviousChapters Next