• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,077 Views, 4,430 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,430
 8,077

PreviousChapters Next
Humerus Encounter, by FoME

Starting at a new school was always a bit scary, but the CHS class of 2020 had the advantage of both a faculty dedicated to easing the transition and seven seniors who were literally the embodiments of Harmony and its Elements.

Two girls had an added edge: Each other. Theirs was hardly the only friendship carrying over from middle school. They weren't even the only freshmen who had found their icons together. But when one of those icons was a human skull and a bone and the other was a skull and two bones, they didn't exactly have the widest social circle beyond one another.

It also explained why they were digging along the trees behind the school. The blue-on-blue earth aspect switched between brush, trowel, and shovel as the situation called for it. The brick red, black-haired unicorn aspect focused charcoal magic into her eyes, pointing out where to look. And when it came time to examine their findings—

"Ahem."

Both looked up to see Vice Principal Luna looming over them, glaring down like judgement from on high.

"Uh..." Thestra swallowed against the sudden lump in her throat, her magic dissipating with her concentration.

"This isn't what it looks like?" tried Petunia Paleo.

The squirrel skeleton they'd spent the last hour assembling chose that time to scurry up Petunia's shoulder and look up at Luna like it was trying to bat the eyelashes it no longer had.

Luna remained unswayed by the cuteness from beyond the grave. "While there is no rule against reanimating rodents on school grounds-for now-there is definitely one regarding excavating the area without permission."

"Oh." Thestra bit her lip. "Um, sorry?"

"We'll put it back," said Petunia. "We won't even go after that dire wolf femur a few yards down!" She was already on her knees, so she just had to clasp her hands together before she started pleading. "Please don't tell my parents! They still think I'm going to be a serial killer and they're trying to be supportive about it!"

"I am willing to commute your detention into something that will take as long. And is arguably worse."

Petunia nodded fast enough that her ponytail nearly whipped her in the face. Thestra hesitated and said "What?"

Luna's grin barely revealed her teeth, like a thin crescent moon and just as dark.


"Welcome, new members!" cried Spot.

"Geology Club is best club!" added Rover.

"We show you all best digging spots around school." Fido chuckled and slapped Thestra on the back. "Or maybe you show us!"

"Um, yeah." Petunia plastered on a smile as she helped Thestra back to her feet. "Great."

"We are never getting on Miss Luna's bad side again," Thestra whispered.

Petunia considered the three boys with forearms like Porthole the Sailor Man and the hygiene of pigs, and nodded in agreement. "We are recruiting more members. First. Thing."

Bonechip just chattered his incisors.

Author's Note:

Unsurprisingly, the squirrel made of bones was very popular among the diamond dog aspects. Thestra is from one of the IDW comics; her special talent appears to be magical X-rays, though it may extend to more general osteomancy.

PreviousChapters Next