• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,148 Views, 4,442 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,442
 8,148

PreviousChapters Next
Cannot Be Unbean, by FoME [Profanity][Sex][Dear God Why]

Author's Note:

You can blame MythrilMoth for this one. He's the one who noted the crossover potential with a certain other fan setting.

The door to the local ETSAB office nee gym storage closet creaked open, revealing Ditzy Doo, a haunted look on her face, her eyes shocked into alignment.

Agent Heartstrings looked up from her newspaper and stuck her head out of the spacial fold that contained most of her office. "So. How was your first look at universe Two-Three-Upsilon?"

"Nope," said Ditzy, trudging forward.

"As I recall," continued Lyra, "when I first told you about it, your reaction was, and I quote, 'It can't be that bad."

"Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope." Ditzy collapsed into the chair on the other side of Lyra's desk.

The ETSAB was supposed to be the good guys. One would've never guessed that based on Lyra's smirk. "Well?"

Ditzy took a deep breath. "You know how I can see fundamental entities out in probability space? Sunset, Trees of Harmony, Fauna Luster, that sort of thing?"

"Yes."

"There is a giant fucking bean on top of that universe. And I mean that in every conceivable sense of the phrase." Ditzy slammed her hands on the desk. One of her eyelids started to twitch. "What the actual crap?"

Lyra gave one hand a conciliatory pat. "First rule of probability space, Ditzy. Everything that can happen does. Everything."

"Can we nuke the site from orbit?"

Lyra blinked. "There are at least five things wrong with that question on moral, logistical, and factual grounds."

"I know," said Ditzy. "I still think it's the best option."

PreviousChapters Next