• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,148 Views, 4,442 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,442
 8,148

PreviousChapters Next
AMAmento Mori, by SaintAbsol and ArtieStroke

(SaintAbsol)

Sunset stared at the man sitting on her couch.

It could almost have been a very mundane moment of time, one that seemed to be drawing out more and more as the de facto deity kept trying to work out the kinks of this man both being in her apartment, and having been there before she had opened the door. Finally, the moment passed and she was able to speak once again.

"I... have to admit, you're not someone I was expecting to see."

"Most don't," the man admitted. "Though, I will admit, you have a rather valid reason to not expect me."

"Yeah," Sunset agreed absently, rubbing at the back of her head. "That being said... why are you here?"

The man gave her a thin smile, one with the most fleeting ghost of humor in it. "If I had a dollar for every conversation that started like this..." The man trailed off with a dry chuckle and a shake of his head. "Anyway, to not put too fine a point on it, Miss Shimmer, I am here because you have questions, and so do many others. While I am not normally one to provide answers unless they are relevant to an individual's current situation, the inclusion of a more active magical presence has made things... interesting, to say the least."

"Chalk up another unintended consequence of my actions," Sunset couldn't help but mutter.

"Relax," the man said with a dismissive wave of his gloved hand. "I am nothing if not a professional, and holding grudges over such things is hardly professional behavior."

"Okay, but... what do you expect... me... to..." Sunset's question trailed off before she slapped her hand to her face. "My vlog."

Another thin smile graced the man's face. "Indeed."


"Hey, everyone," Sunset said as she waved to her camera, albeit with a bit less cheer than she usually managed. "Bit of a surprise livestream due to some unusual circumstances. Which can all relate back to the fact we have a special guest this time around." She hesitated a moment, then sighed. "I... think it's best he introduce himself, in all honesty."

Sunset reached up and fiddled with her camera for a moment, before it panned to the side to the 'special guest' she had mentioned.

The man was impeccably dressed in a black suit that, while clearly not modern, still managed to not look dated. His skin sharply contrasted his dress, being pale white and rather thinly stretched over his bones. He had a time-weathered, very gaunt face, but his pale blue eyes commanded attention. His hair was similarly aged, grey and slightly wispy though not balding. He held a thin cane between his bony hands and gave a thin smile to the camera as it focused on him.

"Greetings," he said in a heavy, if polite, tone. "While one such as I has many different names, and will only gain more as time goes on, I think it best to keep things simple for the sake of this little show."

The man tapped his cane once against the floor of Sunset's room, and the walking stick transformed instantly into a scythe that was as tall as the one who wielded it. "My name is Death, and I understand that you have many questions for me."


(ArtieStroke)

Tiller watched the other four "reapers" as they sat in silence. Ruben seemed to be the only calm one, enjoying his waffle. Rocky Roads, still in her parking enforcement uniform, rubbed her temples. Mason nervously shifted his gaze from Ruben, to Rocky, to the flustered Daisy who was absently stirring her orange juice like some kind of martini. Tiller let out a breath.

"So... the big boss really did that huh?"

Rocky slammed her hand on the table, "WHY is it that the first time he decides to show his face it's on a god damn EweTube channel?!"

"Pretty sure it's god blessed, actually," Ruben remarked, politely dabbing his face with a napkin. Rocky glared.

"Personally, I think it's a blessing in disguise," Ruben continued, looking over the rest of the group, "Now that the common folk have a face to the name, they know it isn't personal. And better, he kept the rest of our existence on the down-low, so job's still the same."

"And speaking of," Ruben reached into his coat, pulling out a few sticky notes and passing them out, "Assignments."

"Just like that?" Tiller asked. Ruben nodded.

"Just like that, peanut."

PreviousChapters Next