• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 802 Views, 17 Comments

Derpy Vignettes - Kaylee



Bits and pieces from the life of Derpy Hooves.

  • ...
1
 17
 802

Petrichor

Derpy peaked her head out the Post Office door. She didn’t see anybody around, the rain having chased most people indoors. She was done with work for the day and she had plans. Big plans. She had been looking forward to this ever since she saw a rain shower on the weather schedule.

Stepping out of the building, Derpy looked around, searching for the perfect target. Her first one needed to be perfect. Large enough that her attack would produce a satisfactory reaction.

Aha! There it was. Right in the middle of the street.

Crouching down, Derpy crept up to her target. When she was about a foot away, she got into position, gathered all of her energy, and with a small wiggle of her tail, she leapt on her unsuspecting victim.

SPLASH!

Derpy landed right in the middle of the large puddle, sending water flying everywhere. Laughing, she stomped her hooves up and down, splashing water all over and drenching herself in the process.

She loved it. There was nothing as fun as a good rainstorm. Puddle jumping had been one of her favorite activities when she was a filly, and she wasn’t giving it up just because she was grown up. What’s the point of growing up if you can’t be silly anymore?

Singing a wordless tune to herself, Derpy headed home, jumping from puddle to puddle as she went.

Author's Note:

This bit of silliness was actually read by Red Tiger before I ever got around to posting it here. Go give it a listen. He did a great job.