• Published 28th Nov 2016
  • 945 Views, 13 Comments

Reach For the Stars, Grabbed an Apple - Evowizard25



Starlight wants nothing more then to get revenge on Twilight. That means she might have to play nice with a certain stallion.

  • ...
2
 13
 945

Future Scheme

Starlight Glimmer

I usually eat my food quite slowly. That way I can take equal bites each time. A lot of ponies found it weird, but this way I know that I’m eating safely. It I eat a piece too large, I risk choking. If it’s too small, it makes me look like a rat nibbling on cheese. At least, that’s what a hobo once told me. You can trust hobos, since they really have no real reason to lie.

Unless said hobo was a jerk, thus you should hit them with a dumpster lid. I learned that the hard way after the orphanage kicked me out. Geeze, you knock one pony through three walls and suddenly you’re a menace.

Given how hungry I am, it was extremely hard not to just chow down like a barbarian. I was able to keep myself under control, however. Thankfully, he didn’t comment on my habit. This Big Macintosh ate in his own pace. Eating in even intervals. Slowly chewing each piece perfectly. Equally… With those big, strong jaws.

I slightly shook my head to get rid of those thoughts. It didn’t matter if he ate so equally or how gorgeous he looked in his own country fashion. He was a complication and once this meal was over, I’d be gone. However, there was a complication. I had intended just to snack and leave, but this apple cider was just delicious. That I could afford to, just in this specific case, drink unequally. It felt wrong, but it felt so right to have it pass down my throat.

“Ah see ya like the cider,” Big Macintosh spoke up.

I blushed slightly and folded my ears back as I finished emptying my second mug. “It’s really good.”

“Thanks, we try our best.” He answered and went back to eating.

As I went to finish my second sandwich, I couldn’t help but feel a bit of gratitude for all of this. “Umm… thank you.”

“Yer welcome.”

“No really, thank you for saving me.” He had idly told me what had happened in the blizzard when we started to eat. “If you hadn’t come along, I’d be… dead.”

“Don’t need to thank me,” Big Macintosh offered a smile. “Just doin’ what’s right.”

“Still, thank you all the same.” A part of me wanted to do something for him to repay his service to me, but another part of me still wanted to leave as soon as possible.

“Ya know ya aint fit to go wanderin’ on yer own,” Big Macintosh said.

I narrowed my eyes, “What do you mean? I’m plenty fit.”

“You’re skin and bones,” he pointed out.

I huffed and crossed my forelimbs, “I’m still healthy enough to make it to another town.”

“Not in this weather,” he shook his head. “Ya need to stay inside where it’s warm.”

“I don’t need anything,” I scowled. Was he onto me? Did he know who I was and was just stalling for somepony? No, I don’t think so. “I’m fine.”

“Sayin’ it ain’t gonna make it true,” Big Macintosh stated. “Yer gonna stay here until ya get better. If’n ya want to go to the house or the hospital, ya can and ah’ll help ya. If’n ya want to stay here, ah’ll do my best to make it comfortable.”

“And why should I choose between those options,” I scoffed. “I don’t know this town. It could be filled with thieves and such that will do me harm.” Very, very unequal thieves that all have differing agendas. Why is that? They should all want the same thing and take equal amounts of effort to do so. Why are thieves so unequal? When I get in control, I’ll do away with thieves all together.

He chuckled, “Ya don’t know what town yer in, do ya?” I shook my head. “This here is Ponyville and ah don’t think anypony is gonna try and steal from under the princess of friendship’s nose.”

My ears perked, “Princess of Friendship?” There was something about that title that felt familiar.

He nodded, “Yep, Princess Twilight Sparkle lives here.”

My eyes widened. The very pony I wanted to get revenge on lived in this town? Maybe I should leave when he gets out of here. Twilight will catch wind of me and… wait, but what if he doesn’t tell anypony? What if she doesn’t come out to the farm? I could have a base of operations so close to her that I could do whatever I wanted. I could watch her every move and plan how to make her miserable.

I grinned. Yes, this was perfect. Soon she would feel the pain and humiliation I felt. “You know what, you’re right. I’ll stay here, but please don’t tell anypony that I’m here. That’s very important.”

He nodded again, “Ah won’t.”

I beamed and gave him a light nuzzle, “Thank you. Thank you so much.” My large, sexy accomplish~

______________________________________________________________________

Roseluck

I hummed in delight as I watered my plants. My sister and I were lucky we owned a greenhouse since it allowed us to grow a number of flowers and other plants during the winter. It felt right, being able to grow things all year round. Usually, I get a little mopey in the winter. I mean, I can barely stand to watch all my precious roses wilt and die. It’s tragic! Hay, I can barely scream and run in panic in winter with all that depression gripping me. Well no more. This mare was a happy one.

“Hi Roseluck!” A pink face appeared upside down right in front of me.

I screamed! It was a monster. It was a horrible, horrible monster.

The pink face giggled, “Silly Roseluck, it’s me, Pinkie Pie.”

I paused for a moment. Then I started to scream! It was a monster. A horrible, horrible monster.

Pinkie laughed and jumped down from the ceiling, where I noticed four suction cups were still hanging on their own. “You’re funny, Roseluck.”

I sighed. Leave it to Pinkie Pie to give me my day’s worth of terror, “What do you want, Pinkie?” Don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate Pinkie. She’s a nice enough mare and fun to hang out with. She’s just… a bit too much for me to handle a lot of the time.

“Oh I just got a ‘somepony is out to get me and my friends, but there’s a chance for romance’ twitch and thought I’d ask how’re your roses.”

I blinked in confusion. I will never understand her Pinkie Sense, “They are doing fine.”

Pinkie nodded, “Good and remember to keep some purple roses hoofy. You never know when somepony wants to purple instead of red roses. I mean, red roses are great but they get so boring if you get them all the time. I mean, my coltfriend just kept getting me red roses. Can you believe it?”

I gave her a deadpan stare.

Pinkie nervously smiled, “Oh right, sorry Roseluck. I meant no offense.”

“None taken,” I sighed. It’s best to just take whatever she throws my way. “I’ll keep an eye on them and this ‘stalker’ of yours.”

“Thanks,” she pulled me into a hug, which was a bit bonecrushing. “You’re the bestest.” She let go and hopped away. “See you later.”

“But what about-” I looked up and the suction cups were gone. My eyes widened. “But….” I groaned and rubbed my forehead. “It’s Pinkie Pie. Don’t question it.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, but I did say this story was meant to be short in the first place. {and I didn't have much ideas for this one.} I hope you all enjoyed this and please leave a comment. They are very much appreciated. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 4 )

Nice chapter thus far.

No, I don’t think so. “I’m fine.”\

That \ at the end was the only error I spotted. Good job.

Also. Obligatory 'Goddammit Pinkie' comment.

Right now Starlight is a hobo, so I'm glad she gets along with others of her kind. I wonder if Pinkie's Pinkie sense means Discord is acting up? And when did Pinkie get a coltfriend?

If Applejack or Granny Smith start suspecting Big Mac is sneaking out to the barn at night to spend time with a mare, will they think it's Smarty Pants?

7972786 About season '4' if you take episodes into account. I made a short story about her and Frederic Horseshoepin. As for Discord, he probably won't appear in this story. {Though I made a small 'future' story about him adopting her.}

I'd suspect that Applejack would at least, given that she hasn't really seen her big brother all that interested with most anypony in town.

I don't understand the distaste for thieves. They see that people have things that they don't have, and then they equalize the target's assets as much as they can with their own! It's like they're career equalists!

Login or register to comment