• Published 28th Nov 2016
  • 942 Views, 13 Comments

Reach For the Stars, Grabbed an Apple - Evowizard25



Starlight wants nothing more then to get revenge on Twilight. That means she might have to play nice with a certain stallion.

  • ...
2
 13
 942

Prologue: Found in a Snowstorm

Starlight Glimmer

I wanted to hate the snow. It was so bitterly cold. It felt like it was draining every ounce of heat and energy from my body with each step as it smacked against my fur. I idly wondered if I should have brought some clothes with me when I ran from my town. I should have, but now wasn’t the time to complain. I had more important matters to attend to, like trudging through this mother bucking snow storm!

It wasn’t that bad. I could still see where I was going. A normal pony could get through it just fine. I wasn’t normal. I was starving and I didn’t have the natural resources to survive. So yes, I wanted to hate this infernal frozen water for trying to kill me.

Yet I couldn’t. Snow was perfect. It was always white in its natural form. It spread itself over everything, coating everything in the same sheen. Everything was white underneath it. You could hardly tell what was what when it got too thick. It was a great equalizer. The pegasi who made and distributed the snow could rot in the deepest pits of Tartarus. After I equalized them, I’d make them clean toilets or something.

That thought warmed me inside. Not enough to save my hide, but enough that I could manage to smile. At least when they found my corpse, they’ll know I was found with a smile on my face. I want Twilight Sparkle to know she hadn’t robbed me of all my happiness… The trick is that I don’t have any outside of small ideas at the moment, but I’ll regain my town’s trust and I’ll get back at her. I’ll make her pay for what she did to me. Then everything will go back to making sense again.

I just needed to find somewhere to hide from this storm. I was not going to die of frost if I could help it. I was going to show this snow who was boss. I was the master of this terrain. ME! I overcame a cave full of bats and monsters in a frigid mountain. A simple snowstorm wouldn’t get me…

I fell… I felt so tired. I wanted to get up, but… I would make it. I will make it… Why is it hard to think? I should be getting up but I can’t. I want to but I feel so sleepy. No, I can’t fall asleep. If I do that, I won’t wake up…. But a little rest won’t hurt, then I’ll get moving.

“Miss, ya got to get up.” A voice called out to me. It sounded country but was quite sexy if I thought about it. Maybe I’m going delusional with the cold. That’s got to be it, but a sexy stallion would be welcome either way.

I felt a strong furry arm wrap around me. The muscles that ran through it were amazing to feel. I was really delirious to be feeling this. It put me on something equally furry and muscled. Yes, this was nice…

“Stay awake,” the voice called out to me. He nuzzled me to keep my eyes open.

I did my best and we went running somewhere. I don’t know, I just knew that this was a strange way to go. I mean, fantasizing about being rescued by a muscular stallion? What’s next, was it going to turn out to be Sunburst who wants to tell me he loves me? HA!

_______________________________________________________________________

Big Macintosh

It was just my luck that ah’d get caught in a blizzard on my way home. Ah just had to say yes to that invite. Ah didn’t have to sing. Ah love singin’. AIn’t no reason to deny that, but it definitely wouldn’t have been my choice if’n ah knew the storm would get this bad. Ah could barely see what was twenty hoof steps in front of me. Ah thank ma and pa for makin’ me so big, else this storm might have gotten to me earlier.

Ah wasn’t gonna push my luck though. Every minute in this storm was another it tried to freeze me to death. Ah had to keep movin’. Ah had survived Discord, Nightmare Rarity sendin’ her goons to town, and all sorts of monsters. Snow and wind wasn’t gonna do me in. No sirree cob. Ah was goin’ to make it home and have some hot and fresh apple pie with my kin. That’s what was gonna go down.

That’s when ah noticed somethin’. It was a mare and she wasn’t wearin’ anything to keep herself warm. Ah squinted my eyes and noticed that it was a unicorn. Them magic users can’t handle the weather as well as the others so ah wondered why she thought she could brave this storm. Maybe she was forced to brave it to get some supplies or a traveller going through town. Ah made a mental note to have the Mayor post some bulletins around town with the weather schedule.

She wasn’t walking straight. She wobbled in her steps and then fell over. My eyes widened. If she fell asleep in the middle of this storm, she’d be a gonner. Ah quickly made my way over to her, “Miss, ya got to get up.”

She barely moved her head and mumbled. Ah sighed. Ah needed to get her to safety. Unfortunately, the farm was too far away. Ah’d have to take her to a nearby barn and hope it doesn’t fall on us. Ah picked her up in my hooves and splayed her over my back. Ah noticed she was closin’ her eyes again.

Ah nuzzled her, “Stay awake.” Ah said firmly. She smiled slightly as if she was amused by what ah said. Ah trudged through the snow, eventually findin’ the barn ah set up a week ago. Ah opened and shut the door behind us, locking it. The barn was still in good condition so it kept out the pounding winds. Quickly, ah put her in a big bale of hale and started to cover her body in it. It would help her keep warm, ah hope. She was still awake. Just barely if her muttering and lazy eye movements were any indication.

Ah looked out the window to the raging storm. It would be a long night. The walls would protect us. Twilight Sparkle had done some sort of magic to the walls that kept everything inside toasty and warm. It was somethin’ AJ mentioned when they had a slumber party here a week ago. Ah turned my attention down to the shivering mare. Ah placed myself right next to her, letting my own body warmth keep hers company. She’d be better in the mornin’ though ah frowned when ah looked her over.

She seemed extremely skinny. Ah moved some hay away to see that she was almost skin and bones. She hadn’t been eatin’ well. Ah guess with winter comin’ earlier this year, she didn’t get much chance to snack on the grass. Still, after this ah told myself to get her somethin’ to eat. A warm apple cider and some cobbler would do her some good. That would wait till mornin’ though. For now, we just needed to rest.

“Okay,” ah softly spoke to her. “Ya can rest now.”

The mare seemed to sigh in relief and drifted off. Ah hope she was dreamin’ of somethin’ pleasant. Ah soon followed her as ah closed my eyes.

Author's Note:

And now my secret project is coming to fruition:twilightsmile:. Yep, I ship Big Mac and Starlight. Don't get me wrong, her and Sunburst is adorable but ah sort of have a soft spot for this one as well. I have no idea why, but I do. This won't be a long story, but I hope it will be an enjoyable one.

Until next time, I hope you enjoy this story and please leave a comment.