• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 686 Views, 231 Comments

The Return of The Terror - Vanilla Mocha



Joy is a reformed changeling. When another changeling from her hive finds her, she has her identity stolen, and all of Joy's friends think she has become evil once more, with Vanilla Mocha and Valerium on her side. Will they prove their innocence?

  • ...
1
 231
 686

Chapter Fourteen

"Oh no, you don't!" Thunderbolt Sentinel growled. Joy was about to walk out the door with the Changelings; she was willing to sacrifice herself to keep her friends safe.

Joy looked back at him and let out a soft sigh. "I have to, if I want to keep the rest of you all safe."

"Do you trust them?" Redrose interjected. Stepping forward, she added, "They lied to you, remember?"

Breeze folded her arms and huffed. "And basically ruined the last few days of your life."

"Are you sure you can trust the queen, after what your own sister did? Blood is blood... There's no denying it. They're just alike!" Paradise Oasis explained.

"Listen Joy... You've gotta make a choice. Whatever that choice is... Do it out of brain. Not out of heart. That'll only hurt you worse." Professor Tacitus's voice spoke softly.

Joy began to sweat nervously.

"You're my daughter, I wouldn't dream of hurting you." Chrysalis lowered her neck and whispered into Joy's ear.

Masquerade mumbled something afterwards, but nopony could tell what she said.

Moments passed by in silence. Joy's face scrunched up as she thought hard about her choice. Then, she let out a heavy breath. "To save my friends, I will go." Joy turned around and began to step out of the cafe. But before she could walk outside into the evening, all of her friends began to hold her back.

"You don't want to end up like your sister!" Crystal shouted.

"You're a pony, Joy." Frost stated.

Galaxy began to hug Joy. "You don't deserve to go back!"

Before the reformed Changeling could tell what was going on, all of her friends were hugging her. Almost all of them.

"I'm allergic to hugs." Quillton Brooks narrowed his eyes in disgust.

Sunset Shimmer frowned. "Then I won't kiss you anymore."

Quillton scratched at his head and sighed. "Fine. This is the only dimension I'll hug in, though." The time traveler tapped his chin with his hoof, "And the only five minutes, too." He stepped forward and stood beside Sunset, joining in on the group hug.

Queen Chrysalis began to smile widely. "Yes... Yes! Quick, my minions, feed off of their love!"

Tens and hundreds of Changelings crammed in, absorbing the group's friendship. Princess Masquerade stood off to the side, watching. The twenty or so ponies -- and cat -- stood in the middle of the room, all stretched over Joy. They weren't being commanded do to anything like her siblings were; the ponies just... Did it.

"Masquerade!" The voice that shouted belonged to the queen.

The Princess lost her train of thought and quickly looked at her mother. "Yes?"

"I said to go feed."

"You... Only ordered your minions to." Masquerade tilted her head.

Chrysalis sighed. "You are one of them, aren't you? Just because you're prettier and the heir to the throne doesn't make you not their sibling, now does it?"

Masquerade lowered her head. She lifted a hoof into the air, about to trot over to the group. But then, something happened.

Joy's hazel eyes lit up with bright light. Blinding all of the ponies and changelings around her, Joy began to levitate in the air. With a loud bang, the glowing in Joy's eyes exploded, creating a large sphere of force and light. It emerged from her body and expanded, pushing away all of the Changelings.

Her heart rushing, Masquerade jumped into the group hug. In what seemed like a split second, all of the other Changelings were gone. Similar to what happened at the Canterlot Wedding, the bug-like creatures were expelled and banished.

Rubbing her temples, Joy landed on the ground. Dizzy, she looked up at her sister. "Masquerade?"

The white Changeling's mask had been pushed off of her face and had fallen onto the floor, revealing her face to be covered in white fur, and her large red eyes to be the same of those of a pony.

"Why are you here?!" Garfield hissed.

"I-I saw something..." The princess stuttered.

Thunder Knight rolled his eyes. "Huh, yeah right! What did you see?"

"I saw... All of you."

"Duh! But really, why didn't you get blasted away with your fam?" Breeze questioned.

"I... Am not sure," Masquerade sighed, "I should go..."

"Wait." Shadow Wing stepped forward, "Don't move. We need to know why you're here. For the while that I've been here this week... I've learned things don't just happen for no reason, randomly." He cracked a smile to Mocha.

"Well, um, alright..." Masquerade whispered.

"Now, why are you here, exactly? You jumped in for a reason." Valerium asked.

The young Changeling sighed. She lowered her neck, looking at the dark wooden floor below her hooves. She gulped, and then glanced back up at the rest of the ponies surrounding her. Her red eyes began to water. "I-I... I want to be your friend."

Author's Note:

:pinkiecrazy:

Published this chapter on Friday the 13th. Not a coincidence. Just... Idk :derpytongue2: