• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 686 Views, 231 Comments

The Return of The Terror - Vanilla Mocha



Joy is a reformed changeling. When another changeling from her hive finds her, she has her identity stolen, and all of Joy's friends think she has become evil once more, with Vanilla Mocha and Valerium on her side. Will they prove their innocence?

  • ...
1
 231
 686

Chapter Eleven

"Hey, where's Redsopine?" Charming asked. He looked around.

Everypony stopped arguing, but not for long. Professor Tacitus sighed.

"It would help if we knew why anypony was doing anything anywhere, right now." The stallion replied.

"Just pointing out that he's not here." Charm mumbled.

"You know, he's probably comforting Mocha." Thunderbolt Sentinel suggested with a shrug.

Frost smiled. "That's a good idea, actually. Some of us should trot over there and see if she's okay." She said quietly.

Jinx nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that sounds good. I wanna help her."

"Why? Shadow's right." Paradise said. She still sat across from Valerium, whom had his face buried in his hooves.

Redrose tilted her head. "Some of us still think our friend wouldn't lie to us."

Paradise Oasis shuffled her hooves. "Well then, do whatcha want, then. Don't come back crying, sayin' I was right, though."

Daffodil huffed. "Pary, c'mon, don't be that way."

"I'm just saying that Shadow makes more sense than Mocha does. I'm still her friend, just comforting her coltfriend," She winked to Valerium, "and agreeing with Shadow."

"Why'd you wink to him?" Film Reel lifted an eyebrow.

"Let's just hurry up and go help Mocha!" Garfield, the orange and black striped cat, interjected. He ran up to the front door and opened it. The four ponies, Frost, Daffodil, Jinx, and Redrose, walked out and began to make their way to Mocha's home.

~~~

Vanilla lay on her sofa, her house silent. She was quietly crying, her hooves clutched onto a gallon tub of chocolate ice cream with chex mix stirred in.

"I'm a terrible friend... And marefriend..." She mumbled to herself, using her magic to pick up another spoonful of the chex mix covered ice cream. She stopped herself. "This is gross... I'm gross! But it tastes so... Good..." Mocha sniffled.

A knock sounded from her door.

Vanilla sniffled again, and stuck the cold treat in her freezer. Wiping her face with a tissue, she answered the front door.

"Hey, Mocha. Feeling alright?" Jinx Parody asked.

Mocha stood there, then a few long seconds later, shook her head "no".

The five friends walked inside and began to help her. Soon, about a half hour later, they walked back out again. Frost turned to face the door. "Mocha, are you sure you're not coming back?"

Vanilla smiled weakly. "No, I am. Let me just get myself together, you know, fix my mane and all. I do meet all my customers, after all. I don't think they'd appreciate a messy looking barista."

The group smiled. "Good choice, Mocha." Daffodil Spark smiled.

"See you in a few minutes!" Redrose called.

Mocha waved to her friends and walked back inside and began to get ready for work. Her friends quickly returned to the coffee shop and began to tell everypony else that Mocha was coming back. However, more arguments arose.

~~~

The sun was setting. The last day of spring was almost done, and the Eve of the Summer Sun Celebration was approaching quickly. Princess Masquerade and Joy trotted through town nonchalantly, heading to Mocha's cafe.

"What are your friends like again?" Masquerade grinned.

Joy smiled back. "They're amazing. So thoughtful, so caring. You'll love them."

"Yeah... I think I will love them." Masquerade quietly said, her grin growing wider.

Joy stopped walking. "That, right there," She pointed a hoof out, "That's Mocha's cafe."

"And... How do you know all of your friends are there?"

"Before you kidnapped me," Joy rolled her eyes, "She was talking to her friends about doing a party for the celebration. I'm pretty sure they're all inside, talking nicely, having a great time. Gosh, I miss 'em."

Masquerade smiled sheepishly. "Sorry about the dramatic way of imprisoning you. Mother requested it... Another reason why I want to leave the hive so, so badly..." She smirked.

"Let's go meet my friends, okay?" Joy stepped forward.

Masquerade grinned. She leaped in front of Joy, and kicked open the cafe's door. "Behold, your new lord!"

"Masquer-!" Joy screamed. A changeling guard flew in from nowhere and picked her up.

The princess grinned wider. Just perfect...

Everypony, except for Mocha, was in the cafe. They were all arguing and fighting until Masquerade had interrupted. They were silent now; gazing up at her with worried expressions, the group of 'friends' remained quiet.

"I will now steal all of your love, and there is nothing you can do about it!" The Changeling paused. "That's so cliche... Oh!" She looked at them, her red eyes sparkling. "You will never get away from the deadly grasp of my power! I will feed off of your love, and provide all of it to my subjects! You silly, stupid, ponies! Your little friend Joy didn't fool me, yet I fooled her: remember this day as your last, because I am Princess Masquerade, and I will avenge my hive!" Masquerade broke into psychotic laughter, standing on her hind legs.

Then, the unexpected happened. Masquerade gasped loudly, suddenly searching for breath. She landed on all four hooves, then collapsed to the ground. Her eyes rolled back and closed. Due to all of the arguments, there was no true friendship or love in the building, and Princess Masquerade had a heart attack.

Author's Note:

Bad things can happen for a good reason.