• Published 30th Oct 2016
  • 698 Views, 6 Comments

A Virtual Life - RowanSkie



A pony is living alone within a simulated world where everything is controlled by her. However, something causes her to remember why she was here.

  • ...
 6
 698

Her Current Life

> Twilight Sparkle.

A young unicorn mare half-opened up her eyes and the first thing she saw was a small handsewn stuffed plushie. Her eyes suddenly splitting open in shock, she went to throw her bed sheet off her violet body and hopped herself into a sitting position and immediately stared at a touch screen tablet which about the size of an eight by fourteen inches. Tapping into the glass interface with her dominant forehoof, she first headed directly into the selection menu, seeing the all-too-familiar golden background. Tapping the button that had the word “MESSAGES,” she checked if she got anything ever since she tapped into with wonderful world.

Nothing. No messages since she’s here.

“...still nothing…” she muttered. “Days and… still nothing…” She sighed. “Oh well.”

She doesn’t remember how she got the small bedroom, nor when she got into the tablet, but she only remembers her name, what she should do, and what she can do. It had been on her mind that she should remember her name, check any messages, then explore the possibilities. It was rather… systematized, but it gave her quite a lot of space to think about what she should play. It also helped her think. All the other information were no longer relevant for her.

Speaking of play, she layed on her bed and took the tablet, returning the interface to the selection menu. Clicking a button on the right, a stylus materialized and she took it using her magic. Tapping her forehead with the stylus as she scrambled for an idea and once she had one, she opened up the drawing interface of the tablet and drew. Slowly, the walls of her bedroom faded from the ceiling towards the floor and at a distance something raised up from nothing. As the young mare pressed on with a smile as she drew, she finished and then look up.

“That doesn’t… look well…” She commented on her work as her hoof went over to save it then clear up a new stage, effectively also reseting the world around her. “Okay then!”

It wasn’t that long until she had found herself drawing a canyon, with trees scattered around the area. One particular tree was placed on the right of her screen and she moved it on her left so that she could add more detail. Once she was finished, she hooked the tablet on her saddle she was wearing the whole time and looked over the glass window that was formerly the wall against the bed she still was sitting on. Giggling, she had seen that it began to snow. It was rather relaxing to watch the snow fall on clumps from the tree she made. It felt cool.

Once she felt like it was enough, she took the tablet back from her saddle and resetted the workspace. She had a nice idea of running, so she closed her eyes and took the stylus before starting over. Once it was done, she began to ran while having the tablet within her grasp. That is, in her saddle.

“Wooo!” She screamed in exhilaration as she felt the wind rush against her.

It was a rather short lived run since she immediately flopped to the grass, the tablet gently following her movements. Once on the nice patch of grass, she stood up and took the tablet and experimented with something. She gasped in surprise as a column of rock shoot up from the ground and she began to leap off when column followed. It few quite a few leaps and teleports until she successfully landed on the ground with a flip. She looked back to see how many columns it had generated and it was a lot.

“Well, well… that works!” she exclaimed. “And to... the next.”

It wasn’t long until her hooves were brushing against the meadow as she walked away from the rocks of columns she had made. She felt like there was something for her within the meadow she had made and to her surprise, she saw a swing hanging from the tree. She went closer to the tree with a gentle curiosity bubbling up from her head and a rather trusting behavior about her world. Once she was close enough, she felt the forgotten behavior of an urge to play with the swing. However, things changed when she touched the swing.

Laughter Swing Hello Sunny Whee—

Twilight Sparkle took a step back. That wasn’t supposed to happen. She never had seen it happen before. Days on this place and she had never felt like it ever since. She doesn’t even know if she can feel such things. She stopped asking about it a long time go. She doesn’t to know about this right now so she closed her eyes. Opening back and finding herself at her bed, she found herself staring at the ceiling.

“What was… What was that?” she croaked. She then shook her head. “Whatever it was…”

She smiled and closed her eyes since she was feeling slightly tired the her current adventures she had done. She never dreamed before but she liked to pretend she had dreams once a while for while she might be forever awake in here, there was a thing that she thought that would affect her and that is to completely bore her out very fast. And the mare wasn’t taking any more chances. Not anymore. She made sure that once she felt better she would immediately explore more of the ideas she haven’t used yet, which involved having a huge tree and a rather funny-looking statue. Half-opening her eyes and taking to tablet close to her, she opened up the first drawing she had saved over the last few hours. It wasn’t enough, but it was a simple cubic tower.

A rather interesting background as the tension relaxed, but it wasn’t enough to forget the experience. Tomorrow is another day.


“... I’m not sure, I mean, there’s that mare…”

“... likes her, and her father sent her out to protect…”

“... Is still alive. She’s nearing…”

The sounds of computers rang the hollow cockpit, where it’s one pilot is on an eternal sleep, wired to the wireframe. A small doll was beside the pilot and it had been preserved along with the pilot. The pilot’s shuttle picked up small chatters as it calculated its trajectory path, towards the unknown.

“... Hope she’s still alive…”

Little did the pilot know that a young intelligent program had hidden itself within the databases in accordance with the pilot’s father, a proud and intelligent unicorn noble. Should it reveal itself too early, the simulation would fall. Should it reveal itself too late, she would be dead.

”... not alone. She’s not…”

Comments ( 6 )

Sounds interesting but you made an error in the description.

A seventeen-year-old filly named is living alone

Something is missing.

7685065 Nothing is missing. There's just a word too many.

7687282 ah OK. Either way glad I could help as it made the description a bit confusing.

Awsome story so far hope its huge :pinkiesmile: and crossover tag is must have lol.

Very interesting! Will you continue the story?

7812485 Yeah, just need to fomulate a backstory for this Twilight Sparkle. Needs authors, thinking of that part as a collab...

Login or register to comment