• Published 29th Mar 2016
  • 13,069 Views, 288 Comments

Nine Tales Of Equestria - Natural Disaster



Twilight Sparkle is given permission to explore the Canterlot Caves after the invasion but, while inside, she discovers an ancient and primordial being, an literal force of nature, a creature said to be over a million years old...and it's now awake

  • ...
23
 288
 13,069

A Devastating Choice, To Give One A Chance

Kurama couldn't help it, after having Naruto as his host some of his personality had rubbed of on him and he couldn't help but scare the.......odd things that had came right into his home, though he could easily say mostly their reactions had surprised him. Firstly, the two large horses with wings and horns had used some jutsu to create a dome of energy around them, and while he was the most powerful Bijuu alive, he could admit it would stop even the Gobi no Houkou, which for mortals was very impressive. Next he had seen that the man-bull thing had pulled a bundle of bandages with a handle which looked like a large pole,which looked strangely familiar, off his back and then stood in a solid stance ready to defend at a moments notice. Lastly, the winged lion had spread her wings wide which seemed to cause them to generate electricity that spread across the armor it wore. The only disappointment was the small lilac one, who had fallen to the floor after screaming at his performance and had yet to stop shaking.

"Hold creature, we do not wish to fight you, just to ask why you are under our city" The dark blue horse with what seemed like stars for a mane took a few steps forwards and stared defiantly into his crimson eyes.

Kurama took a few moments to process this, from the fact that the horse had spoken to him down to him and that the mountain which he had took residence in so long ago now had a city on it, then he snarled and swung his head around wildly.

"If you only want to speak, then why have one of your numbers vanished!" At this, the whole group, apart from the one shaking on the ground, looked around and then the man-bull stepped forwards.

"Him vanishing is our insurance you won't attack us, as if you did he would be able to interrupt. Now, after seeing you aren't too violent, i would wish to exchange names, I am Solid Grip, my griffin friend in the back is Charm Holder, the one who has vanished is Gleaming Shield, the two alicorns are Princess Celestia and Princess Luna", it was here he motioned to the two large horses, or should he say alicorns." and the young mare you have scared so much is Twilight Sparkle" Here he turned his head upwards to glare right into Kurama's eyes. "We do not appreciate you doing so, if you could apologize?"

Kurama was shocked, so shocked that a creature that was dirt, just dirt beneath his paws had the gall to ask him to apologize, he was about to smash the ground which they stood on till he saw the mare's, Twilight, tear stained face as she glanced up....it made him think of something....something a friend said....."Show the world even the Bijuu are capable of friendship!" Kurama clenched his claws together as he looked at the floor, slowly realizing that Naruto wouldn't of wanted him to continue to terrorize any sentient thing, even if he had thought of it as a simple prank, his great tails swirled around behind him in anxiety.

".....Fine, I apologise and about my name..... At this point, Kurama allowed his yokai to illuminate him and his surroundings, revealing his massive true form to the small group in front of him, all nine of his tails raising up to add extra height to himself. "I am the greatest of all creatures, all who fight me are defeated, i was called a walking natural disaster! I AM THE GREAT KYUUBI NO KITSUNE, KURAMA!" Here, Twilight, who had looked up when he had apologized, started to move forwards, a expression of what looked like hunger replacing the face of terror she had worn earlier.

"Umm, Ku-Kurama, is it? I've never heard of you or read any legend of you....so just how long have you been in this cave?" It seemed the small mare had gotten over her scare now, though the look in her eyes disturbed Kurama slightly.

"How long?.........I do not know that myself, though it must of been a great number of years" Kurama allowed his eyes to roam around the cave, attempting to use his ability to sense negative emotions to find the missing one, but it seemed that they either had extreme skill in hiding there emotions or had no negative emotions to speak of at the moment.

It was at this moment the white alicorn, Celestia he remembered, slowly took a few steps forward.

"Me and my sister, Luna, are the rulers of the city which you are under and recently we had been invaded, so we apologies for being somewhat hostile to you, and now that you are aware of being under a city, may i ask what will you do now?"

Kurama had to think for this, as he himself didn't know what to say, as telling them that he wasn't moving might cause them to become hostile and attack him, meaning he would have to incinerate them all and then break his way out of the mountain and escape and doing so increased the chances of others chasing him down, requiring him to kill them as well until he could get some peace......luckily for the ponies, he was too lazy to do such a thing.
"I may just leave, there is not much else i can do but find someone to lay about as i do not wish to be hunted down if i accidentally destroyed something and that is a lot easier to do than you think"

At those words Celestia started to think deeply, until her face set into a small but comforting smile, which somehow affected even Kurama, though only to a small effect.

"I believe i know of a place you can stay, a small town called Ponyville, there is a forest which not many go in you could stay at and sleep, though i do ask that you sometimes come into the town so my student, Twilight, could possible put your great knowledge of time before ponies to use and have a few books published, you could even explain a few mysteries about magic and other artifacts which have been found, though the only problem i see is your size, as staying in Ponyville would be disastrous and not to mention trying to get you out of the caves here without destroying them...."

Kurama grinned, which once again cause the group to back away.

"I think i can help with that...."

A massive spiral of energy exploded around Kurama, cracking the ground he stood on, as he slowly became enveloped in it, the grin on his face could still be seen, then the now tornado of energy slowly got smaller, smaller, smaller and smaller until it was roughly the size of the princess' and it faded away to reveal.....an alicorn sized fox with large ears and nine small tails.

Kurama grinned as he stared into Celestia's eyes which had gone wide with shock at seeing his now much smaller form.

"That does make things....easier"

"I aim to please"

And with that they walked back through the caves.


After discussing all the rules Kurama had to follow in his stay in the forest, the Everfree forest if he recalled correctly, Kurama found himself in a carriage being pulled by a few pegasus guards who would take them to Ponyville and have them explain what he is doing there to the mayor and by them, he meant the small purple unicorn that was seated with him but had yet to say anything, though by her face he could tell she wanted to. He sighed as his mind went back over the rules he had been given.

"You will be taken to Ponyville and be allowed to live around the outskirts of the Everfree Forest, you are not allowed to become your full size as it would terrorize the town and the members of Squad 9 will come to town occasionally to check on you.Twilight can also send me messages directly in case you purposely hurt any ponies. you will be also be expected to also help defend the town from any threats

"What a shame......so many rules to follow, and I'm not allowed to harm anyone.....well, I wonder if pranks counts as harming, I'll just have to find out myself th-

"Do you want to be friends?"

Kurama was brought out of his musing by this as he whipped his head around to face the young mare who seemed rather embarrassed about blurting out that.

"I'm sorry, it sounded like you asked whether I wanted to be friends, could you please say that again?"

"Well, its just that i remembered you had been asleep for so long so no-one you knew in your time would still be....here....so i thought you would be alone and maybe we could be-"

"No, we won't be friends" Her reminding him that everyone was gone wasn't helping.....and reminding him of Naruto was even worse.
"At least......not yet, first we will be acquaintances and maybe we can become....friends, though i don't guaranty anything"

Twilight's face brightened up at this then blushed and looked back at the carriage floor

Slowly, they started to descend to the ground.

"looks like we're here Kurama, don't scare anyone, please, it would make things much harder to explain as everyone here has the tendency to.....overreact"

The smile he gave Twilight as they landed in the very busy town square still gave her nightmares to this day.

"Oh ye of little faith" After saying this he turned to face the small crowd of ponies surrounding him and gave them a grin which showed of most of his impressive white, meat eating teeth.

"Hello, I am what you call a monster, pleasure to meet you all" with that, he flared his tails out which caused a small wave of wind to hit the ponies.

Silence.........

"AHHHHHHH IT'S GOING TO EAT US, RUN EVERYPONY!"

......didn't last long

And with that scream, the whole of the town square was abandoned, apart from two confused guards, an face-hoofing purple mare and a smirking kitsune

"It's good to be back" Kurama looked to the sky. "I'll make your dream come true Naruto, one step at a time. Then he turned to Twilight."So where to now?"

And with that, One tale has been released, Eight more are left
What will happen when the count hits Zero?

Author's Note:

WOOHOOO IM NOT DEAD!
Sorry about the wait people, my laptop was flunking on me and deleted all my plans and not uploading the chapters so i kinda got annoyed with it and just left it alone for a while but i tried today and guess what? IT WORKED! so now im going to start writing longer chapters and getting a update schedule, which would help a lot.....now, can anyone guess what happens when the count hits Zero?

Psssst, heres a clue, I don't know either!

Now next, THE MEETING WITH THE REST OF THE MANE SIX!