• Published 29th Mar 2016
  • 437 Views, 2 Comments

Remnants of Glory - TheMajorTechie



After the departing of the Equestrian Pride, and Sombra along with it, the Crystal Empire has been laid ruin, and it's up to it's citizens to pick up where Equestria left off, and start anew. (A sidestory to Spacebound Equestria)

  • ...
 2
 437

Quest for a Heart - Failure in the North

Though many ponies around the room seemed utterly hopeless, I knew that there was still one chance that could ultimately save our princess: the Crystal Heart.

And so, with that, I set off on my new quest with Jewel; the quest for a heart.


As we boarded the train once more, I waved goodbye to my family, who watched teary-eyed as the train departed from the run-down station. I felt the surroundings transform from the gentle, rolling hills, to the fierce, biting snow. I squinted as larger and larger flakes of snow began changing to shards of ice, literally raining down upon the engine.

"Jewel!" I shouted through the snow, "How's Amore doing?"

Jewel, of whom I had told to bring the Princess with us, simply waved a hoof to tell that the Princess was perfectly fine. As I looked back, I could see that Jewel had blanketed the Princess with a small tarp, protecting her from the ice shards that tore through the steel.

Suddenly, a horrible shrieking filled the air. I winced as my reflexes took my hooves to my ears, pinning them down as if they were the only thing keeping me alive. All around, the train seemed to disintegrate before my very eyes. I knew that without the protection of the Empire, we'd only have so long before something such as this would doom us all.

The train screeched to a halt as a large boulder of ice damaged the left wheels. The sudden stop sent both Jewel and I lurching forwards, while the Princess simply dropped to the floor.

As we recovered from the impact, I quickly hopped outside to inspect the damage.

It was much worse than I thought it to be. Not only had the boulder damaged the wheels, but it had practically destroyed them. The remaining scraps of the wheels hung uselessly from the bent axles, suspended only by the piston box. The entire left side of the train had been utterly shredded, leaving us with no choice but to turn back.

Slowly but surely, the train inched it's way along the rickety track, supported by makeshift wheels fashioned out of scavenged shreds on the tracks.

Soon enough, we found ourselves back at the station, unloading the Princess. Our search of the north had failed miserably, and we still weren't any closer to possibly bringing back the Princess.

Author's Note:

It would've made sense that Sombra could've hidden the Crystal Heart further north, but then, it wouldn't be able to protect the city from being blanketed over.