• Published 29th Mar 2016
  • 2,104 Views, 9 Comments

The Gift Of The Ponies - IDigAPony



Rarity is foalsitting and has decided to tell the little ones in her care about the very first Hearth's Warming Eve their parents ever shared. It was almost their last.

  • ...
1
 9
 2,104

Okay, you can stay up, but just a FEW more minutes.

“Well, it looks like everypony has had themselves a good cry,” said Twilight, scooping up Honey Crisp. “I take it your Aunt told you all about the second-best gift I have ever received.”

“She sure did! Why didn’t you guys tell us?” Asked Misty Dawn.

“Because, sugarcube,” said Applejack picking up the little lavender filly and giving her a kiss on the bridge of her nose, “every time the two of us even talked about tellin you, we’d start crying. I’m getting a little emotional just thinking about it.”

”Is the shelf that you gave to Mama the one over the mantle?” Asked Honey Crisp.

“It sure is sweetie,” said Twilight, nuzzling her blonde mane. “With all the pictures of our friends and the one of all of us in front of our home, Golden Oaks, right where Mama’s trophy was going to go.”

“Is our home exactly like the old library, Mommy?”

“Almost. When Mama and I entered that first night, we were laughing and crying and dancing and kissing.”

Applejack smiled at the memory.

“And you know what I did then?” Asked Twilight

“Oh Twi! Do you have to?” Applejack asked, rolling her eyes which were suddenly full of tears.

“Of course I do! So, I got down on my knees, and I took your Mama’s hoof in mine, and I said to her, ‘Applejack, if this is how you go about ruining everything, then would you do me a favor?’ And your Mama said, ‘What?” And I said, “Promise me you’ll utterly destroy my life’ Twilight could barely speak the last words.

After a few eye dabs with tissues and nose blowings, Twilight explained,.

“Everything your Mama wanted for me was here. All the things she wanted for us, things that would make it a home for me, the home and family she wanted to give me. It was all furnished and smelled like hot cider. So we ran up the stairs to see what my old living room, what we call the family room now, looked like. It looks pretty much as it does now, except for all the toys all over the floor,” she said in a mock scolding manner. "Buuut there was this other door there that hadn’t been there before - apparently, there was something else that was in your Mama's heart that she wanted to give to me."

Applejack was now a deep shade of crimson and had to look away.

Rarity’s eyes were bugging out as she stared at Twilight.

“What was in there?!” The fillies asked.

“Well your Mama and I went over and opened the door. And you know what we saw?”

“WHAT?!” The two fillies asked excitedly

“An empty room.”

“Awwww” they moaned.

“Except…”

“Yesss?” The fillies asked

“On the wall…”

“Yeeeessss???” The two little fillies asked a little louder.

“RIght over there…”

“YEESSSSSSS??!!!!” The two little filles and their Aunt Rarity demanded

“Above where each of your beds are now…”

“OH, FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE, TWILIGHT, WILL YOU JUST TELL US?!!” Yelled Rarity

“YEAH, TWILIGHT - TELL US ALREADY!!” Shouted Honey Crisp, who immediately clapped her front hooves over her mouth as everypony laughed, especially her sister, who squealed and laughed uncontrollably.

“Were those two little pink bows…”.

“Cool!!” The sisters yelled.

“You never told me that!” Rarity said scoldingly to the still-blushing earth pony.

Applejack raised an eyebrow, looked at her, and asked dryly. “And what would you have said?”

Rarity opened her mouth to answer, then paused and closed it. “Point taken,” she replied. “Speaking of which, and I don't mean to pry, darlings, but I know that after your wedding, the two of you met with Heartsong and Luna and spent a moon and a half with him, studying something called D and A and chromo-whatsis or other. Then you left directly for your honeymoon. After the first two weeks, you came back and spent another day with those two and went away for went on that five-moon-long honeymoon. Then, three moons later, Dashie noticed that Applejack was looking a little pudgier and a week later, Pinkie noticed Twilight was looking a little pudgier.

Twelve moons later, on the same day at the same time, Twilight gave birth to Honey Crisp and Applejack, and you gave birth to Misty Dawn, but you never did tell me about how the two of you, you know…” she said, pointing to one filly and then the other.

“And I don’t know that we ever will” laughed Twilight.

“Hmmm,” Rarity thought out loud, “I think we need to have another Zap Apple Wine tasting night Applejack, what do you say?”

“Ohhhh no!” Said Twilight.

"Tell her about what?" the little fillies wanted to know.

Rarity leaned down between the two fillies, "About just how two of the sweetest mares in Equestria ends up with the two most adorable fillies to ever grace Equestria!"

"Oh, is that all!" said Misty Dawn.

"We know all about that!" said Honey Crisp.

The room went silent.

"Oh really?" asked Twilight tentatively

"Uhhh, now what exactly do you know, and how did you find out?" asked Applejack slowly.

"Uncle Spike told us!! He said if anyone asks about us having two moms we should say 'It's all about gooooood lovin!!"

The color returned to Applejack and Twilight's faces as they let out a huge sigh. Rarity, was laughing hysterically.

"Your Uncle Spike is exactly right!" Applejack said, winking at Twilight. "A whole LOTTA good lovin!"

Twilight blushed pink and scowled at her wife, "APPLEJACK!! Our fillies are here"

"AHHHH!!" Rarity screamed, rolling on her back and laughing harder. "Stop, no more!"



After a cup of hot cider around the roaring fireplace, the five were getting sleepy.

“Mama?” Asked Honey Crisp, nuzzled in Applejack's lap, "Did you ever see that old pony again?"

"That's a story for another night."

"Nooooo!!! Pleeeeeease?" the fillies begged, joined by Rarity.

"Okay, fine. Yes, we did - he's the pony Heartsong. When Aunt Zecora came back from her country, she told us all about him.:

"It turns out," Twilight continued, "That he had to dig a little extra deep into your Mama's heart when performed his spell over her golden trophies and made that chip of burned wood to see what she REALLY wanted to give me." Twilight looked up at the ceiling and blinked her eyes several times, whispering to herself, "Not going to cry, not going to cry, not going to cry" The two fillies squealed and giggled.

"We love when this happens!! Mommy gets sooo emotional when she thinks about how much Mama loves her. It's soooo cute!"

Twilight cleared her throat and wiped her eyes quickly with the back of her hoof. "Very funny, girls. When my wife here," she said, nodding toward Applejack, "opened the nursery door, she was kind of puzzled about it. I mean,b we're two mare's after all. . He could feel how much she loved me, and We went to see him with Aunt Lulu before we went on our first and second honeymoons. “Whatever happened to the little burned piece of the first library?”

“Funny you should ask," said Applejack, picking up Honey Crisp and nuzzling her before kissing her little horn and making her giggle. “This is the last part of the first part of the story of our first Hearth's Warming Eve . Come on down to the main room.”

And so they all paraded down the stairs to the living room. “Now y’all look up. Rarity? Twi” You ready?”

“eYup”

Using their magic, Twilight and Rarity levitated the five of them up to the ceiling. In the very center of the ceiling, slightly larger than a bit, set so deeply that it was part of the wood was a gold heart surrounded by charcoal black wood.

"...all your medals and your trophy were melted down and somehow mixed into that tiny seed of wood and from that grew our Golden Oak home, that makes it kind of like a giant, you know...trophy, right?" Twilight whispered and giggled.

"Mmhm" Applejack answered nuzzling the lavender neck as they snuggled in bed.

"So... *giggle* logically, doesn't that make me, you know, a trophy mare?" [pause] Ow! Oww! Gimme that hat!!"

Comments ( 3 )

8003012
Thank you and you're welcome! ( I just found that TINY unpublished chapter and stuck it in there.) I just re-read it and of course found a TON of errors in the writing, but that's inevitable. I have to say, I also shed some tears :pinkiesad2: It has nothing to do with my writing, it's just that when I write I find I have to really believe in something and I really believe in these two and how much they love each other and when they hurt, I hurt.
I've written SO much about them that I've fallen in love with their love for each other.
Now just about EVERYTHING I write ends up heading towards a Twijack story. The first story has now turned into a mulit-volume epic. (When I say epic I don't mean it as a compliment, I mean it as it's a BIG story starting way back with Clover the Clever and going up to present day.) You can only see it if you have mature access. (It gets VERY mature at times.) I'm fixing a chapter in "Don't Pass Me By," the second book of the series. I'm back into writing but I re-work chapters constantly so it takes forever to get them out there...)
Thanks again for the encouragement, I really need it :ajsmug::twilightsmile:

8094837
Thank you! I just re-read it and, yeah, pretty much everypony spends a lot of time crying (with the exception of the old wizard and Derpy!) The problem with all that crying is that once you hit it, as far as emotion, you have nowhere else to go. I would back it down if I re-wrote it. Thanks again for the encouragement! As I wrote Haycray, I really appreciate it. Back to my re-visit of "Don't Pass me By" (backing down some of the crazy Dash adult stuff there!):rainbowderp:

Ok, this is just adorable

Login or register to comment