• Published 4th Apr 2016
  • 754 Views, 7 Comments

Change: A New Dawn - FlutterTwi



Her world was destroyed, her siblings, Princess Twilight and Prince Shining Armor murdered by the evil sorcerer Grogor, Dawn must now fight to protect the new world she's escaped to. But even with her new allies, can she stop Grogor's schemes

  • ...
 7
 754

2 - You really liked her

Dawn looked towards Vladimir before saying, “I’m not a massive fan of bossy Stallions!"

"And I’m not a massive fan of mares doing stupid shit out of the kindness of their hearts that ends with them getting their flanks in slings!?” Vladimir yelled back at Dawn feeling his temper rise.

Well then. There wasn’t much response to that. Except…“Vladdy, I barely know you, you can’t tell me what to do.” Dawn lifted my free hoove his way when it appeared he was going to speak. “And even if I knew you for years and we were the best of friends, you still couldn’t tell me what to do.”

Dawn felt Vladdy focus his attention on her did this because his attention not only had a feeling, but a temperature. And that was set at sweltering.
“Dee-dee—” Woodenly, she turned, looked up at him and cut him off.

“This is a my affair.” he stared at her like I’d grown a second head before his face softened.

Well. To hell, he had no fucking idea where I was coming from. “I…I mean…I know this was a hassle for you and you didn’t want to do it, so I thank you, a lot, for taking my back. But I’ll take it from here.”

“de de—” “I’m not your honey. I’m a grown mare,” Dawn suddenly snapped. And I knew why. There he was, literally tall, dark, handsome, but also…nice. Thoughtful. Willing to go that extra mile for someone he barely knew. Dawn needed to get Vladdy gone. Now. For his good.

“I see you’re freaked,” he began.

“Oh, you do?” Dawn asked sarcastically.

He moved closer but didn’t touch her. However, he did bend down to her from his spectacular height in much the way he’d probably have to bend to me in order to do something awesome, something he was probably very good at, something I’d probably enjoy immensely—kiss me.

But he wasn’t going to do that to me not now anyway thanks to my big mouth.

He was going to talk to me about the situation surrounding the bell on my coffee table. “Don’t let him make you this unicorn,” he advised. “You have no idea what kind of pony I am." "Your toxic charm,” Dawn retorted.

He swung back, his face freezing stone cold. “I know stallions like you like to think your shit doesn’t stink,” Dawn kept at him. “And this is such a firm belief you have, it won’t matter what I say. But as you can see,” Dawn flipped a hoove toward the bell, “I have bigger things to concern myself with. I don’t have the time to rehabilitate a Thestralwhore.” “A Thestralwhore?” he whispered.

“Do you deny you’ve fucked half of Canterlot?” “Yeah, I deny that,” he bit out. “Princess Luna called me a Thestralwhore?”

“And how would you refer to a mare who engaged abundantly in the activities you engage in abundantly, then scrape off the poor souls to make way for your next victim?”

“Gotta say, Dawn, you give dual personalities a whole new meaning,” he replied, his expression now openly hostile towards her.

Outwardly, Dawn shrugged. Inwardly, she screamed. “So, are we done here?” Dawn asked.

“Fuck yeah, we’re done,” he snarled. “Good luck, babe. You’re gonna fuckin’ need it.


Vladimir walked into the bar early the next afternoon and noted immediately that his luck hadn’t turned. And he didn’t give a fuck. He was so pissed, he hadn’t slept a second. And somehow, he was more pissed than how excruciatingly pissed he was the night before with all that shit Dee-dee had spewed at him.

It was, unsurprisingly, Valiant Snow who spoke up first, “Shit, Vlad, you got a face like an angry manticore.” Valiant Snow and just stared at him, but Vladimir could tell he was alert and concerned.

They’d been coworkers awhile and roommates Shining armour knew him.
Shining also knew he had a blind date with his little sister last night. And Valiant Snow wasn’t liking what he was seeing. Something Vladimir gave not one fuck about seeing as he did not like what he was feeling. Valiant Snow didn’t even glance at Shining Armour.

He kept his gaze locked with Shining Armour as
Valiant said, “If Princess Luna gets the bright idea to fix me up with another one of her mares, you tell her to think twice about it.”

Shining Armour felt the attitude coming off Vladimir and it was intense.“And you tell your adoptive aunt-in-law,” Vladimir continued giving it to Shining Armour, “if she has a problem with how I live my life, she can fuckin’ talk to me about it. Not share her judgment about what I do with my dick with anyone who’ll listen.” “Oh, My Luna,” Vladimir murmured. “Now hang on—” Brode Sword started.

Vladimir looked at him and clipped, “You are not in this.” “You’re talkin’ ’bout my aunt,” he leaned in toward Vladimir threateningly, “I am. And Princess Luna wouldn’t talk smack about you. She’d never do that. Especially not to you. You’re her Captain.”

“That’s what I thought, but I was wrong,” Vladimir returned.

“What happened?” Princess Cadance asked regaining’s attention.

“We’ll just leave it at the fact I and Dee-dee will not be having a second date,” Vladimir told him. “Now talk to your aunt because I am so not down with the dirty she did me."

Goddamn it. Princess Cadance spoke up.
“Wasn’t last night your first date?” Vladimir looked at her. “Oh, sweet Celestia,” she whispered. “You liked her.” Liked her? No. Fuckin
Was way into her the second he laid eyes on her—and damn, the mare was all kinds of pretty—and that just grew from the minute she threw him attitude, instead of crawling up his ass or tease-flirting or acting like she didn’t give a shit if he found her attractive when she did.

She was herself. Take her as she came. And in the time he spent with her—cracking her head on the counter, falling on her ass, throwing him more attitude, eating three slices of pizza, half the boneless wings, her fair share of cheesy bread, half a cannoli as well as a half slice of cheesecake to falling asleep and making cute snoring noises he knew, if she was sleeping beside him, they’d wake him up and make him want to fuck her, to being funny and sweet and open and honest and most of all, liking his eyelashes of all fucking things—he’d seen a lot of sides of Dawn Sparkle. And was way into them all.

Except the last. “Maybe Queen Twilight can do some damage control, ” Princess Cadance suggested unfortunately reading what Vladimir had been unable to hide.


Vlad woke because he smelled bacon. He stared at his pillow, then he threw back the covers, angled-out of bed, walked to his door and pulled it open. Yeah. Fuck him. That was what he’d hoped to see. Dee-dee, in his tee, in his kitchen, cooking breakfast.

If she didn’t want him to see her legs, she’d be in her clothes. She wanted him to see her forelegs, her in his tee, and all that communicated. Thank Christ, today was starting a helluva lot better than yesterday. She was standing at the stove. She turned at the sound of his door opening, her mouth moving like she was about to say something, but when she clapped eyes on him, she went completely still, her gaze glued to his chest.

Vlad slept in loose shorts. He worked at his body because he liked doing it. He did it because it helped him keep his emotions in check. Yeah. Fuck him. That was what he’d hoped to see. Dee-dee, in his tee, in his kitchen, cooking breakfast. If she didn’t want him to see her legs, she’d be in her clothes. She wanted him to see her legs, her in his tee, and all that communicated.

Thank Celestia, today was starting a helluva lot better than yesterday. She was standing at the stove. She turned at the sound of his door opening, her mouth moving like she was about to say something, but stopped to look at Vladdy's chest. Vladimir worked on his body because he liked doing it. He did it because it helped him keep his emotions in check. And he did it because it was a requirement of his job as Captain.

“Mornin’, Dee-dee,” he said, moving out of his room. He never would have imagined he’d wake up the morning after last night (and the one before) and walk out to his kitchen grinning.

“Did you manage to get any sleep last night?” “A couple of hours,” she then replied.

“Good,” he muttered. And he did not tug on a tee on his way back to the kitchen. She had plates down, a stack of toast started, bacon resting on a paper towel by the stove and was scrambling some eggs when he returned.

“Just sit down, Vladimir, and let me serve you. If you help, it won’t be a thank-you,” she ordered, not glancing his way. But…Vladdy? She had not once called him Vladdy unless it was right after he told her to do that, but then she went right back to Vladdy.

Seemed in those hours she didn’t sleep she’d made some decisions about how she was going to move forward on some things. Though not all the right decisions.

Making breakfast in his tee, correct. Calling him Vladdy, incorrect. He saw the coffeepot was full, so instead of heading to a stool at the island, he moved that way.

“I gotta work today, but you can stay here I won't force you but I want you here safe,” he said. “
Queen Twilight was up reading last night, so she’s probably asleep, but when she gets up, you can hang with her. Around lunch, I’ll come and get you and take you over to her Hive.

"Vladdy—" Vladimir,” he corrected, running his hooves under her ear, feeling her shiver, fighting another grin, then he stroked her throat with his forehooves. They were great,” she mumbled, again, to his mouth.

“What?” She was still solely focused on his muzzle. “Dawn?” “Mm?” “Honey, you keep lookin’ at my muzzle like that, I’m gonna be forced to give you a good morning kiss.” She did not take her eyes from his muzzle, but Vladdy didn’t give her a good morning kiss.

Dawn lifted her hooves, latched on to either side of his neck and yanked him down at the same time she was surging up, and one thing he could say. Her aim was true. With her lips she smushed his lips back into his sharp teeth so bad he tasted that tang you got when you took one to the mouth. She then let go, jerked away, put her hooves to her mouth and muttered, “Oh My Luna, what’s the matter with me? I’m so sorry I should have asked you first before doing that.”

But through this, Vladdy turned to the stove, shoved the eggs from the flame, turned off the burner, then went right back to her.

“Do-over,” he said. She dropped her hoove. “Wh-what?” “Do you want to kiss me?” he asked. Her gaze dropped to his chest, shot up, but stopped at his mouth before it seemed she had to force it to his eyes. She wanted to kiss him. “Do-over,” he repeated, reaching to her, wrapping his hooves around the back of her neck and pulling her closer.

“Dawn—” she began. “Vladimir,” he growled, angled his head and took her muzzle. After her first attempt, he was surprised she opened it right away. Even surprised, he didn’t let that opportunity slip. He slid his tongue inside. She tasted of coffee and mare, her soft mane all around his hoove… Shit. This was a bad idea. Strike that. It was a fantastic idea. Terrible timing. gently press her away.

But she latched on again, this time to either side of his head before she plunged her hoove in his mane curled them around at the back and held him to her, tipping her head and sucking his tongue deep.

Sweet Celestia. Nice. Dawn pressed close. Vlad rounded her with his free wing, pulled her closer and took the kiss deeper. She whimpered and fisted her hoove in his mane, as they were scraping against his scalp. He felt that in all the important places and growled his approval down her throat. They went at it and Vlad was feeling it in his cock, which she’d fit her hips too, and his hooves were heading for her ass when he heard a key scraping the lock at the door.

He instantly broke the kiss, shoved her behind him, and wondered what the fuck he was thinking that he didn’t have weapons hidden all over the house, just as the door opened and Princess Luna strode in and behind her came near on every damn Rock Mare that still lived in Canterlot.

Princess Luna looked pissed. Queen Twilight Sparkle looked for Dawn. And the Rock Chicks looked ready to rumble. “Fuck,” she muttered “You think now’s the time to make your move on my sister?” Twilight demanded, forcing me back to the moment, and I saw she was flapping her wings again.

Okay, let’s just all calm down here,” I began, moving out from behind Vladimir, only to have him curl an arm around my hips and yank me hard to his side. My head bounced. Dawn's mane swayed. And for a split second, Dawn was stuck on the thought that nobody had ever done that to me before. She didn’t like it. But after all, he’d done for her, that kiss, and in our current situation, she didn’t dislike it either.

But my attention shifted to the multitude of mares and one Changeling Queen whose collective gazes had sharpened on Vladimir’s wing around my hips, and not in good ways.

Right, maybe Twilight’s friends didn’t know he was an alpha-pony captain who did stuff like that. Dawn never in her life thought she’d be in this kind of place, but to handle a sudden and unexpected volatile situation, she was in this place. That place is in a position to have to explain how an alpha-pony captain operates

“He’s protective,” Dawn said. “He was there when I first saw all the damage to my
suite. And you’ve invaded his space. It’s a captain thing.” “Say what?” Queen Twilight asked. In answer, Dawn curled her hooves around Vladdy’s wrist (which, incidentally, didn’t move) and shared, “You’ve invaded his territory. He’s claiming his territory and nonverbally sharing what he intends to protect which is me. It’s not bad, as such. It’s instinctive.” Nopony looked angry anymore, Dawn was pleased to see that.

Though how they’d morphed straight to highly amused, I didn’t get. “She’s…” one of the blondes started. “She’s…” Her voice was trembling. “Giving us alpha lessons,” she finally got out. Vladimir told thee what went down and not only did they not call you a Thestralwhore, I cannot believe you’d think they said that about you.” Everypony stopped laughing and stared at Vladdy.

"Oh dang." I turned my head to look up at him to see he was still angry and still focused on Princess Luna.

“Yeah, then where did she get that shit?” he asked.“It wasn’t Princess, Vladdy,” I told him, and felt like an absolute heel when his eyes came down to me and I had to say what I had to say next. “Some of the mares at Smithie’s talk, and it was, well…me who used that term. Princess Luna just said you had a bad breakup and, and…you needed a mare in your life who would let you be you.”

He didn’t look any less angry, though it was a mixed bag that he didn’t seem angry at me. “She came in here making assumptions,” he explained his continuing anger at Princess Luna. “You are in nothing but shorts and I’m in your shirt,” I pointed out, though I didn’t tell him that I wanted him to see me in his shirt making breakfast, my body at odds with my mind as to what was the right thing for Vladimir in this situation.

My body winning out. In a lot of ways. “I’m not fifteen. You’re not fifteen. And she’s not my mom or yours,” he returned. He had a point. I looked to Princess Luna “We slept in separate rooms. Boone gave me this shirt because I didn’t have anything to wear to bed. I was making Vladdy breakfast as a thank-you and it was me who kissed him. Um, the first time.”

“I thought we were here to grab her and take her somewhere safe so she doesn’t have to deal with her drama,” yet another blonde remarked. “You are not taking Dee-dee anywhere,” Vladimir rumbled. All eyes got wide and focused on him. “Jet, you’re not supposed to say that in front of the cranky captain,” the one called Roxie mumbled. “Damn, Roxanne. Guess I’m out of practice,” Stella mumbled back. “Dawn was making me breakfast and you were leaving?” Vladimir prompted. “After, that is, you drop the key,” Dawn said directly to Queen Twilight. “I’m not leaving the key,” Queen Twilight said to Vladimir. If you open your mouth to agree or disagree with what I am going to be doing with my time during my drama, it will be me who’s cranky.”

“You’re a dork, a klutz, a menace with your mouth and unbelievably cute,” Vladimir responded. Part of that was true, part of that was mortifying (the mouth part) and the part of that made me feel warm and happy.

"Trust them.” I got closer to him and whispered, “I don’t know any of these unicorn mares but Princess Luna and Queen Twilight. I can’t ask them to help.” For a moment, as he held my gaze, he seemed to be pondering this Deeply. And then he spoke.

“More advice, the Rock Mares want to adopt you, as crazy as they are, let yourself be adopted.” I felt, having this conversation as we were, in front of them, was highly awkward.

So, I curled closer to him and dropped my voice so much lower, he had to dip down to hear it. And him dipping down the way he did remind me that he did, indeed, do that when he kissed me, which reminded certain parts of my anatomy how much I liked it when he did, all of which I had to ignore or this conversation would become even more awkward.

“I don’t know, Vladdy. Twilight’s my sister from another world and I like her a lot."

"This situation is so intense, don't you think and I'm not going to take advantage of you,” Vladimir said as he wrapped his other wing around Dawn, pulling Dawn to his front and squeezed her with both of his hooves to cut off my words. “De-de, you are about to learn that you should expect more from the ponies in your life than remembering you need a toothbrush. A lot more. And I’m all kinds of down with that.”

I looked at his face. I felt that light shine down at me. I felt his wings around me, the strength of his body pressed to mine And then my world would never be the same when he said what he had to say, words that explained this sudden feeling deep in my gut.

I felt his wings around me, the strength of his body pressed to mine. I even still tasted him in my mouth. And having all of that, I knew precisely what I had to do. For now. And for later. So, for now, I nodded.

Vladimir the astral captain smiled, he wasn’t handsome. He was straight-up beautiful. And I was right. I knew exactly what I had to do. So, for now, I smiled back. “Right, then,” I heard from behind me.