• Published 24th Mar 2016
  • 8,320 Views, 206 Comments

My Little Pony - The Legend of Friendship - Danieru



The lonely and boring live of an Earth Pony changes completely after he was chosen by one seventh Element of Harmony. Not only will this pony discover friendship but also the true story about the Elements of Harmony. Even if he doesn't want to...

  • ...
30
 206
 8,320

PreviousChapters Next
10. Little Pests

Author's Note:

Yeah...
I kinda rushed this chapter, cause I didn't know exactly what to do with it.
But I thought before I skip this episode, I might as well write SOMETHING.

And like always.

Don't forget to write some kind of review of this chapter or the whole story if you liked or disliked something about it.
It would help out a lot ^^.

Have fun with this chapter ^^.

As it turns out, Princess Celestia is visiting Ponyville tomorrow so every pony made sure to decorate Ponyville as best as they could for the princess. All flowers will be freshly watered, colorful ribbons and stripes will be placed everywhere and so on.

Normally, Star Twinkle would help to decorate Ponyville but he had to help somepony else. He and Rainbow Dash were inside of Carousel Boutique to help Rarity making some clothes for tomorrow. They were both wearing some fancy dresses and suits so that Rarity could edit them. Both of them were not really excited to do this kind of work, making them wonder why they did that in the first place.

“Stand still, Rainbow Dash,” said Rarity while working on a dress that Rainbow Dash was wearing.

“I caaan't, I need to flyyy! This is waaay too boring for me,” she replied, she was clearly not interested in doing this kind of stuff.

Rainbow Dash was wearing a pink dress and an enormous hat.
Star Twinkle was wearing a yellow fancy suit with lots of accessories on it.

“Take Star Twinkle for example. He wasn't moving one bit,” she proudly said.

While that was true, Rarity made it sound like Star Twinkle enjoyed that. Which was not the case at all, In fact, he was happy that he could take of this clothes.

“You're already done with me, right?
So can I take off those clothes?” He asked desperately.

“Yes, of course, darling,” she happily replied.

He was about to take his suit off but then Twilight entered the boutique, complementing on Rarity's work which Rarity gladly accepted.

“Hey you look good Star Twinkle,” said Twilight followed by a little giggle.

Star Twinkle was not sure if she was teasing him or if she meant what she said. He thought he looked ridiculous and he just wanted to get out of this suit as soon as possible.

While Twilight was inspecting the dresses a chirp could be heard from her. Everypony was wondering what caused it and looked around. But then Twilight revealed four little creatures that were hiding inside of her mane.

They looked like little insects with wings and googly eyes. Star Twinkle never saw those creatures before. Twilight seemed surprised, to have more than one in her mane, she said she had only one a moment ago. So Rarity and Rainbow Dash took each one of them.
Twilight also offered one to Star Twinkle but he refused since he didn't know what to do with one of them.

Suddenly, Steel Hammer walked in and asked for Star Twinkle but he was surprised to see him in a fancy suit like this.

“Hello? I was told that Star Twinkle was inside of here so-” but he stopped in the middle of the sentence
when he saw Star Twinkle in his outfit.

He then started to laugh at him, much to Star Twinkles dislike.

“Yeah yeah, I look really funny, I know,” Star Twinkle sarcastically replied to Steel Hammers amusement.

“I'm sorry, I'm sorry,” he apologized straight away.
”We need some helping hoof out there so if you're done here, could you please come outside and help us?” Steel Hammer asked.

“Yes, as soon as I get out of this clothes,” Star Twinkle replied.

“Why? It looks good on you,” he amusingly said.

“Thank you,” Star Twinkle sarcastically replied.

Steel Hammer waited till Star Twinkle was done but he then noticed how Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash were playing with those strange creatures. He became curious and asked them what those creatures were. Meanwhile, Star Twinkle got out of his suit and was approached by Steel Hammer.

“Are we ready now?” Steel Hammer asked.

But Star Twinkle was surprised to see one of those insect things in Steel Hammer's silver mane.

“Why do you have one of those?” Star Twinkle asked.

“I asked the girls if I could have one of them, so they gave me one,” he answered.

“Why?” he asked.

“Well, they looked adorable,” he answered.

Somehow this was not the answer that Star Twinkle expected from him but he didn't really care for his reasons and just wanted to do something else besides playing the dress up doll for Rarity.

So after decorating Ponyville for a little while Star Twinkle returned home and end his day. He agreed to meet with Steel Hammer on the next day to make sure that everything was ready for Princess Celestia's visit.

On the next day

Princess Celestia would arrive in Ponyville in a few hours so there was enough time to make sure that everything was ready.

Star Twinkle was waiting at the spot where he and Steel Hammer agreed to meet each other but Steel Hammer was nowhere to be found. Star Twinkle wasn't even too early or anything. He was just in time, making him wonder why Steel Hammer was not there yet.

“It's unlikely for him to be late,” Star Twinkle thought.

Just when he thought that Steel Hammer wouldn't come at all, he saw him in the distance walking towards him or rather, running towards him as he suddenly noticed.

“Why is he running so fast?” he wondered.

But then Star Twinkle noticed how a big swarm of those flying things was chasing Steel Hammer. Star Twinkles face changed from confused to panic in a mere second when he noticed that this swarm was coming right at him. Out of panic, Star Twinkle ducked to avoid some of those creatures who flew past him but Steel Hammer stopped right in front of him taking some of them with him.
Resulting them both to be surrounded by them making it hard to even see each other.

“Where did all those things come from?” Star Twinkle asked in a panic.

“I dunno I just had one yesterday!” Steel Hammer replied.

“That's what you get if you take things home that you don't know,” said Star Twinkle annoyed.

“Could you please stop scolding me and help to get rid of them?” Steel Hammer said in frustration.

“And how am I suppose to know what to do?” Star Twinkle replied.

But then a familiar voice was heard by Star Twinkle and Steel Hammer.

“There are some more of them!” It was Applejack who was collecting another swarm of those things.

“Just lead them to me so we can corner them in,” she said to the two colts, who did as she demanded.

The three of them were cornering them all to a big ball. The rest of Star Twinkles friends were also helping.
Each of them had collected a bunch of this insects to combine them into a huge ball. They then pushed the giant ball into the Everfree Forest so that they won't be bothered by them anymore.

After getting rid of those things everypony was relieved. Those things could all have caused some trouble in Ponyville. Especially when the visit of Princess Celestia was only a few hours away.

“We did it. Nice work, Applejack,“ Twilight happily said.

“Couldn't do it without you all,” Applejack modestly replied.

They then decided to go back to Ponyville to clean up the little mess that these insects have caused. Star Twinkle and Steel Hammer started where they were supposed to meet before, cleaning up some things in the process.

“Am I glad that those things are gone now,” Star Twinkle said in relief.

“Yeah, imagine what would happen if they were around while the Princess was here,” Steel Hammer replied.

“That would not have looked good,” Star Twinkle said.

“Yes. It would kinda look like this,” said Steel Hammer while pointing behind Star Twinkle.

Star Twinkle didn't exactly know what Steel Hammer was getting at so he turned around and was shocked by what he saw.

It was another swarm of those insects who were eating everything eatable what they could find. The two colts were surprised to see them again. After all, they just got rid of them so why are they, here again, Star Twinkle thought. Fluttershy then approached the two colts asking them for help.

“I don't understand. Why are they still here?” Star Twinkle asked.

“Well, I may have kept just one. Heh. I couldn't help myself. They're just so cute,” she innocently replied while smiling.

“One has to learn to not be charmed by cute looks my little girl,” Steel Hammer said, trying to sound wisely.

“Wasn't that the exact same reason why you took one of them?” Star Twinkle said, scolding Steel Hammer to which he just innocently smiled, trying to copy Fluttershy.

“Yeah it doesn't work that well if you try it,” said Star Twinkle who was unaffected by Steel Hammer's fake innocent smile.

Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Rarity then approached the three. They thought about a solution how they could stop them. Then Twilight had the idea to cast a spell that would make them stop eating all the food. Twilight was casting the spell and for a moment, I did seem to work. Much to the relief of everypony else. But the spell did seem to have a little side effect. Now instead of eating all the food, they started to eat everything else. Ranging from wood to metal and practically everything else.

Then Rarity realized something.

“Oh no...if they get inside my store...Everypony for herself!” she screamed, running to her store in a panic.

This made Steel Hammer realize something as well.

“Wait. What if they get inside of MY store?” he said in panic while watching how a swarm was heading towards his store direction.

“Oh no, you don't!” He angrily said running after them.

Star Twinkle could only watch how the panic spread around the town. But just when he thought things couldn't get any worse.

“Huh?” he said while watching how a little swarm was heading his houses direction.

“Hey! That is where MY house is!” he said in panic while also running after them.

He then made it to his house only to find out that there were already dozens of them inside. They were eating some of the furniture, taking a bite off of the walls and so on. Panic was spreading quickly inside of Star Twinkles head. He took a broom that he found in on of his closets to fight them off.

“Get out of my house, will you” he screamed in panic while fighting them off.

He was swinging around the broom to get them outside.
But then a few of them were eating the broom away, much to the shock of Star Twinkle.

“Oh yeah, I forgot...” he said after realizing that they now eat everything and that a broom would not help much in this situation.

After that, he didn't know what to do and just sat in the corner wishing that they would just go away on their own and to his surprise, they actually did. They were flying in a straight bouncy line outside of his house. Wondering what caused them to leave, he was following them outside where he heard some music in the distance.

It came from Pinkie Pie who was playing multiple instruments at the same time, making the insects following her. Star Twinkle approached Twilight and the others to ask them what was going on but they seem to be as confused as him. Twilight then noticed how Princess Celestia landed outside of Ponyville so she rushed to her side followed by the others. After a proper greeting, Princess Celestia noticed the insects but she thought it was all part of a parade. Of course, everypony went along with that and played innocent to avoid any trouble. Luckily The Princess couldn't stay for very long because she was informed about an emergency in Fillydelphia. Apparently, a swarm of creatures was causing them some trouble. Everypony knew what this could be all about but they again played innocent.

After Twilight gave away her report, Princess Celestia already left again, much to the relief of everypony. Pinkie Pie shortly joined the group and asked about the princess. Twilight explained the situation and Pinkie Pie was offering her help but Twilight said that the princess would take care of that.

Apparently, Pinkie Pie knew about this creature's all along but nopony would listen to her. Considering that a lot of Pinkie Pie's actions didn't make any sense at all, Star Twinkle would have probably not listened to her too.

Star Twinkle was just relieved that this was all over and wanted to go home already. But then Twilight pointed out that Ponyville needed to be cleaned. So it looked like he will be busy for the rest of the day. Much to his dislike.

PreviousChapters Next