• Published 29th Mar 2016
  • 395 Views, 9 Comments

Cups and Carrots in a cake - keam



All couples have a story of their first night toghther - this is Mr and Mrs Cake's story of that night

  • ...
1
 9
 395

Chapter 1: Mr. Cake's POV


Terry frowned as we finally reached town hall. The dance had started almost twenty minutes ago and even though I didn't care if we were a little late, Terry seemingly couldn't stop worrying that Marissa would have dumped him and found a new partner for the dance already.

"Calm down, I'm sure she's waiting for you." I said, opening the door to the building and stepping inside, my friend following me by my side.

Immediately as I stepped into the expertly decorated room on the other side, I saw the crowd that was gathering in the middle and felt something or somepony poking at my chest. Looking down to see what or who it was, I stared right into the most beautiful pair of eyes I had ever seen. The beautiful eyes belonged to a short candy blue mare with a fluffy, pink mane dressed in an equally fluffy blue and pink dress. She was absolutely gorgeous. Realising she had her muzzle pressed against my chest, however, I quickly moved away and apologised.

" S-sorry miss, I didn't see you there..." I stuttered awkwardly and blushed.

"It's okay," She smiled, "Partly my fault anyway."

After we apologised, we just stood there beside each other for a while, smiling and blushing awkwardly at the whole situation, until Marissa Mare appeared out of nowhere, accompanied by my dear friend Terry.

‘Told him she hadn’t found someone else…’ I thought, listening with half an ear as Marissa started talking, but mostly focusing on the cute chubby mare in front of me. I had no doubt about what all the emotions moving inside of me meant but I was surely not going to try any flirting or anything.

"Cup! There you are! I see you already met Carrot?" Marissa smiled, and I looked over at the mare beside me in surprise, just to confirm that I actually hadn’t misheard when Marissa said that the chubby little mare was my date. I hadn’t. Her expression perfectly matched mine and I silently wondered if my face was as red as hers.

“Anyway, me and Marissa are going to leave now so you two can have some time alone and learn to know eachother better.” Terry explained, giving me a wink before disappearing into the crowd, Marissa stopping and giving her friend one last smile before following him.

As they disappeared, I sighed, feeling utter despair as I realized that I was now alone with the absolute prettiest mare I had ever seen, and I had no idea what to say. Sooner or later, one of us would have to start talking, and glancing over at the small mare beside me with her worried eyes and uncertain posture, something told me it would not be her. Frantically, I tried to come up with something that I could force myself to say but all I could think of was stupid clichés that sounded so cheesy that I knew I could never bring myself to say them...

“Who was the stallion that dragged away Marissa, Carrot?” ‘Cup’ asked, looking up at me with her beautiful cyan eyes, relaxing visibly as I smiled at her and answered the question.

“Oh, him? That was my best friend, Terry Stable.” I explained, glancing over at my newly found love interest before continuing, realising something. “Also, my full name is Carrot Cake, not Carrot. It’s just Terry that likes calling me that.”

“And my full name is Cupcake, so we’re both pastries!” Cupcake laughed heartily, inviting me along with a glistening smile and charming voice as I laughed at the joke.