• Published 19th May 2016
  • 4,934 Views, 9 Comments

Sunlight in the Light - FlameMist



Sci-Twi wants Sunset Shimmer. The only problem is, she's already going out with her pony counterpart. Sequel to Sunlight in the Dark.

  • ...
11
 9
 4,934

Sunlight in the Light

Author's Note:

So... this story has the same kind of set up as the other one, but... you know... :facehoof: Personally, I like this this one a little better than the first one. Naw, nothing can beat the original. Enjoy!

Dear Twilight,

How have things been going for you in Equestria? Nothing interesting has happened over here since the friendship games, but I'm sure your world will have had some... I don't know- exciting thing happen since we met? I haven't really gotten to know your pony friends, but I look forward to in the future. Like what you said about me coming back to Equestria with you. I really am starting to think that, well, my friends in this world, they'll be fine without me.

I've gotten to know your human counterpart, and she's actually not that bad. Well, I guess that's a compliment to you in some way. It really is weird talking to a duplicate of the person you're dating. Don't worry, she's not half as beautiful good as you. I still haven't told anyone about us, but- I'm sure they'll find out one day.

Your friend, Sunset Shimmer

Sunset stared at the handwritten letter in he journal, reading over every word. Your friend. Maybe she should change it to-

"Sunset?"

Sunset quickly snapped the book shut and turned to see Rarity at the doorway to the music room, where Sunset was sitting on the piano. "Thank Celestia you came here! I've been-"

"What on earth on are you doing in here! The principals left hours ago!" Rarity said, completely ignoring Sunset.

"Really? Has it been that long?" Sunset said sarcastically.

"Don't you have a house? Your welcome to come and stay-"

"Of course I have a house, don't be silly. I'd just rather hang out here all day." Sunset said in the same tone.

"You got locked in." Rarity finally seemed to understand.

"I got locked in." Sunset said. "Why else would I-"

"Well then, come with me, hurry along now." Rarity said quickly, grabbing Sunset by the arm.

"Ow!" Sunset tripped over a guitar case lying on the floor, Rarity saving her by nearly pulling Sunset's arm out of it's socket. "Oof! Why are you- Ouch! Even- Argh! Here?" Sunset stuttered, trying to loosen Rarity's grip on her arm.

Rarity suddenly let go, and came back into the real world. "Oh! Terribly sorry dear, I've been under a lot of stress lately." She said. "Follow me."

Sunset rolled her eyes. Rarity is overworking herself! What a surprise! She followed the pale-skinned girl through the hallways, until they reached the front doors to the school. Rarity grabbed onto one of the handles and pulled. Locked. She reached into her purse and pulled out a ring of keys. She fumbled with them for a second, until she seemed to find the right key.

She stuck it into the keyhole and turned. She gave the door another tug and it swung open for her.

"I don't why they lock these doors from the inside anyway, wouldn't you want a criminal locked out rather than trapped in?" Sunset commented.

"I really don't know dear, but I really must be going. Like, really. Bye bye now!" Rarity shut the doors on Sunset.

"Wait- you never told me why you're-" Sunset watched as the girl made a bolt to the end of the school. "Here." Her voice died out. Well, that was a perfectly good waste of two hours. Shrugging, Sunset continued to walk to the parking lot. Her car seemed to be the only one, aside from a boring, white, average car parked on the edge of the lot.

I guess Sunset wasn't paying attention, staring at the ground. But all of the sudden... Sunset bumped straight into a stranger in front of her. Papers went flying, and Sunset hopelessly watched as some of them flew off yards away. She turned to see the unlucky stranger. She gasped.

"Oh my gosh! I'm soooo sorry!" Sunset said straight to Twilight, who's face was redder than desert sunset.

"Oh! Yea." Twilight responded. She quickly dashed after the papers. Sunset rushed to help her.

"I really am sorry!" Sunset said, grabbing one last paper next to the wheel of her car. She couldn't help notice that this was the only piece of paper that... well, every other paper Sunset retrieved was a nicely cut, grayish white lined paper. This was the only one that had fluffy-looking, unorganized sides, clearly ripped from a notebook.

"Is this one yours?" Sunset said, holding the paper to Twilight's view. Twilight then seemed to get really nervous.

"No..." She said, walking up to Sunset and snatching the paper from her grip.

"Wait, then who's-" Sunset said, reaching for the paper again. Twilight was too quick. She ripped up the paper into a million pieces quite aggressively, and shoved the remains into the pockets of her jeans.

"I'll just throw it away later." Twilight said. "Thanks! Bye!" She then ran off in the other direction.

"Wait! Do you need a rid-" But Twilight was already headed for the white 'boring' car. "Huh." Sunset said. She hopped into her own car and started the engine, pulling out of her parking space. She noticed something as she was getting onto the main road in front of the school. Twilight still hadn't started her car. Did she need help? Naw, she's probably fine.

And with that, Sunset began the short drive to her house. She cranked up the music to her favorite song, rolled down the windwos and sped down the road. After a few minutes, she made a right turn into her neighborhood, feeling a strange vibrating noise on her side. It was the book. She opened it up to eagerly see Twilight's reply.

Just don't cheat on me! Haha! I hope you are having fun! Things are going OK here.
- Twilight

As if. Sunset thought. She read another small line that was being written.

But seriously though, don't cheat on me.

Sunset laughed, but didn't have time to write back. The sound of a car horn made her jump. She quickly swerved to the right, a car nearly driving straight into her. She cringed and turned face the car that was slowly driving off next to her car.

"What the hell are you thinking, junior?" An angry man yelled, honking the horn over and over. Sunset awkwardly rolled her window up. I guess you shouldn't write and drive. She waited till the man was out of sight, then, exhaling deeply, she drove on. Then a thought came to her. She remembered Twilight. And then she remembered she left her guitar at the school. She slammed the brakes on the car.

Shoot. I guess I'll have to go back. No... I'll just get it tomorrow. The school is locked No, Twilight! You know, maybe should just go back and see what's up. If she got home okay and all. Sunset though. She turned the car around and headed down the road once again.

After a few minutes of driving, there she was. Twilight. She was carrying all her books and school supplies, walking on the sidewalk of the big long road Sunset was driving down. Hm. Maybe that wasn't her car...

After pulling up next to Twilight, Sunset rolled down the window and called to her. She quickly turned around, squinting.

"Sunset?" She said. "Sunset!" She was soon running up to the car.

"You need a ride?" Sunset smiled.


"Y'know, you could have sat up front if you wanted." Sunset said to Twilight, who was sitting in a back seat, her stuff sprawled out on the other seats.

"I know." Twilight said.

Sunset shrugged at her shyness. "Soo... how are you gonna get your car if it has no gas?"

"I figured I'd bring gas to school tomorrow and hitch a ride."

"I can give you that ride." Sunset beamed. She really wanted to make a good impression on this 'new' Twilight. But she was just so shy. "Speaking of gas... I've got to go make a stop for some." Sunset said, pointed to her fuel gauge, which was pointing to 'E'. "You mind, or should I drop you off first?"

"Oh... I'm fine with whatever." Twilight said.

"OK." Sunset shrugged. "Nothing from the mini mart either?"

Twilight merely shook her head. "I'm good."

"Alright, more nachos for me I guess." Sunset grinned. Twilight gave a small laugh.

Tough crowd. Sunset thought.

After a bit, Twilight spoke up. "Okay... I guess I'll have... a vanilla chip granola bar? Organic, of course. And maybe try and find one fat free... Or at least diet? Do they even make those? If they do, then get it-"

Sunset giggled a bit. "I will." She was making progress.

I guess Twilight just thought that it was a good study snack.

They soon pulled into one of the gas stops at 8-12. Y'know... It's a big deal over there. Sunset got out of the car and slammed the door, going over to the gas tank and punching in her numbers.

Twilight watched her every movement. Come on, Twilight, you can do better than that! If you want Sunset to like you, you've got to speak up! But how... She only had till dark anyway, with all this studying.

Soon enough Sunset was back in the car, grabbing her purse. "Organic vanilla fat free diet granola bar, right?" Sunset said. But she didn't give Twilight enough time to answer, and soon Twilight could see her walking into the mini mart. After about ten minutes, the same Sunset exited the building and came walking to the car. She unplugged the gasoline, paid, and hopped in the car.

She placed a fountain drink that must've been hers down in the front seat sup holder. She started up the car.

"Uhhh... Did you get-"

"Oh yea!" Sunset said. She handed Twilight another fountain drink from her other hand. "I couldn't find what you needed, so I got you this."

Twilight examined the cup. "Pepsi?" Twilight stared.

"Diet Pepsi." Sunset corrected.

"Thanks." Twilight shrugged, taking a sip from the straw.

"Oh come on already!" Sunset exclaimed. "Get up front!"

Twilight blushed, exited her door and getting in the passenger seat. "Thanks for the ride, really." Twilight said. "And the drink." She glanced at the time on Sunset's car. 4:06. She still got time. Maybe...


Twilight once again took a peek at a nearby clock. 4:48. Making good time. She thought. She was sitting on Sunset's sofa. Twilight had proposed that they should 'hang out' for a bit to get to know each other. It was fine by Twilight.

The truth was... All her life, Twilight has been a lesbian. She never quite knew why, but even as a kid she didn't take an interest into boys as much as her friends. She 'kind of' liked Sunset, and even though it was obvious she didn't like her back... it was worth trying. Maybe she was a lesbian as well.

Speaking of Sunset, she'd been upstairs getting a snack for at least 10 minutes. Twilight went up to see where she was. She soon spotted her reading a book on the table. "Sunset?" Sunset quickly shut the book.

Sunset was writing to Twilight. She didn't want it to interfere with her first impression on 'new Twilight'. But... maybe it was her time to go anyway... They've been hanging out since... Sunset looked a the clock. 30 minutes? Whatever.

"Oh... Sorry, why don't we go back downstairs, I got us a snack!" She said, holding up four granola bars.

Twilight sighed. She hates me. Maybe she is already dating someone. And it's probably a guy, too. She's probably normal like everybody else. All Twilight has heard is of stories of Sunset coming from a magical world of talking horse. But she wouldn't believe anything coming from Rainbow Dash's mouth. At least that's what Applejack told her to think.

"So..." Twilight started.

"What?" Sunset responed.

"Do you- Well, how do I- Do you have a boyfriend?" Twilight asked.

"A- a boyfriend?" Sunset said, curiously, as the two sat down on the sofa again, Sunset grabbing the remote to the TV in front of them.

"Well, yea." Said Twilight avoiding eye contact with Sunset.

"Well I mean, I guess you could say yes."

Twilight's face fell.

"But it's not neccisarily a boyfriend."

Twilight looked up. "Huh?"

"It's- It's a girl." Sunset blushed, turning on the TV.

Hallelujah! The heavens opened up and spotlighted Sunset Shimmer. "I knew it!" Twilight said.

"Knew... what?" Sunset said.

"Oh... sorry, nevermind."

"What do you want to watch?"

"I don't know... you choose." Twilight said.

"Criminal Minds it is." Sunset said, changing the channel on the remote.

Once the TV was turned on, Sunset popped some popcorn. They watched it together for about 20 minutes, and then that episode ended, and the next one started. Finally, Twilight decided to say something. And it started a conversation. A pretty big one too. They were talking all episode. In fact, right when Twilight uttered the words "So, what's been going on with you?" it was the tipping point of her whole visit. They were talking and talking.

"And so then he said... Okay... in minute!" Sunset laughed.

It was really quite funny how Twilight's laugh sounded like a high-pitched squealing chimpanzee being tickled to death. But I mean, Sunset could get used to it. It was actually kind of... cute... as in like the little kid type cute. It definitely couldn't being the better Twilight's laugh. I mean, come on...

"... and how everyone thinks I'm so smart and all ..."

In fact... Well, she wasn't as fun as Twilight, but definitely different. I mean, If Sunset was feeling attracted to her, it was totally because she was dating her doppelganger! True, totally true.

But really... Sunset started to feel a little woozy around this Twilight. She definitely had lifted her shy side, but Sunset really couldn't think of anybody else who could have seen this side of Twilight. And... a kind of growing attraction to her began to grow inside Sunset. Oh, who was she kidding? She wasn't outgoing, and Sunset liked that. She loved her laugh, her smile, the way she-

Snap out of it Sunset. You've just met her.

Sunset kept reassuring herself. This is only happening so fast because Sunset knew another version of her very well. And it was true. She can't just go assuming that this Twilight is great. She's got to try her out first. Okay, that sounded wrong. But then again, all of Sunset's thoughts now were wrong.

And soon enough, the clock read 7:15. Time for Twilight to leave. The girl began to pack up her things. They were soon headed out to the car, so Sunset could drive Twilight home. "Say..." Twilight said as they were walking. "How do you have a house already? I still have my lab set up in my parent's basement." Pause. "Because I'm saving up for Hayvard, of course!" She said matter-of-factly.

As soon as the two were in the car though, Twilight said something that lightened Sunset up. "You know... It still doesn't get dark for another half an hour... Maybe I could stay a little longer?"

"Sure." Sunset said quite quickly, practically flying out of the car and into the house.

On the couch, once again. As Sunset sat there, she realized Twilight was eagerly scooting closer to her. And, just like that, the 'strange attraction' disappeared. She couldn't just betray her own girlfriend to her dimensional counterpart! Wow... just wow.

She scooted away from Twilight. "Yea... I have a girlfriend..." She said, maybe too harshly.

But then, Twilight made a rash decision to change the balance of all Twilights and Sunsets. She could take the risk, or play it safe. Eh, who cares anyway!

"I just don't think It'll work out between us... you know, because I-"

"How about we try it?" Twilight grinned.

"Wha- Try it? What is that supposed to-" But she already saw the look on Twilight's face.

"Just once? For me?" Twilight pleaded.

"Are you kidding me?" Sunset cried angrily. "Get out of my house!" ... "I mean... You-"

But Twilight pulled a fast trick on Sunset. She quickly dived her lips in and on to Sunset's. Sunset tried to pull away, she was real mad now. Twilight would let her, she just keep kissing her. And really, it actually wasn't bad at all. Unlike her girlfriend Twilight's kisses, this was quite long, and it made her melt with passion. She couldn't let it! But she did.

In fact, her girlfriend was a constant reminder of what she could have been, anyway... No... She was fine... She loved her. But this kiss was lasting longer than anything Sunset could think of.

Just don't cheat on me!

Eh. We're already into it. As Twilight kept kissing, she grabbed Sunset's hips. This was bad. They broke away for a spilt second.

"Are we actually doing this?" Sunset asked, dazed.

"There's still some sunlight left, I can stay a little longer." Twilight noted. "And yes... We are."

They were suddenly kissing again. Sunset had no idea why, maybe it was by reflex of being with Twilight, but, she tightened her shoulders, and pulled off both straps of her skirt top, letting it slide down to her belly, showing off her lacy pink bra underneath. In a few seconds she realized what she was doing.

"What the-" Sunset said, pulling up her top and blushing. "Umm..."

"I think I should go now." Twilight said awkwardly. "Drive me?"

"Uhhh... Yea sure?" Sunset said, looking outside. She spotted a sunset starting to form.

"We'd better get there before sunset, because I need to be home by twilight." Twilight laughed. Then, seeing the shocked expression on Sunset, she stopped.

"Let's go." Sunset said, pointing to the car.


Sitting on her bed, Sunset sighed deeply. Now how am I going to break this to my Twilight? She sighed again, grabbing the magic book on her bedside table. She flipped to a blank page.

Hey... Twilight. I need to tell you Hi My Twi, how's you day been? Mine's been great!

Well, she'd save the rest for later. But it'll be okay anyway. Twilight will never find out. And Sunset can have a girlfriend in each dimension. She smiled to herself. She knew she'd have to choose in the end. But for now, dodging it was the best she could do. After all, what could go wrong?

Comments ( 9 )

After all, what could go wrong?

Never and I repeat NEVER utter those specific words, it would allow the great god Murphy to smite you for your stupidity.

7228666

Gotta agree with this one, you NEVER utter those words, hell if you can avoid thinking them too!! Always think of the many ways thing can go wrong and embrace the paranoia about it!! Moreover, anything that can invite such disaster to you, try to, if not avoid, then mitigate risks as much as possible and STILL expect everything to go tits up!! DO. NOT. TEMPT. FATE!!!

And now, here's an internet reference!!

YOU ARE WELCOME!!

Please make a sequel!

Murphy'd!!!

It's true anyways. You can have two girlfriends, who are the completely same, but completely different at the same time, in different dimensions or places. I've tried.

Noooooooo Sunset!!!

My, my, my. Things got heated really quick & I love it!

Well, she'd save the rest for later. But it'll be okay anyway. Twilight will never find out. And Sunset can have a girlfriend in each dimension. She smiled to herself. She knew she'd have to choose in the end. But for now, dodging it was the best she could do. After all, what could go wrong?

murphy... call you, and about your appointment with sunssetshinmer.

Login or register to comment