• Published 24th Mar 2016
  • 1,295 Views, 29 Comments

The Spirit Trilogy - Enderdragonslayer1



Follow the story of Sunny Days as she starts to realize her destiny. Rewrite of Spirits.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,295

Prologue

I softly closed the door to my room after Shadow’s training ended for today, magiking up the journal that I started. Opening to a blank entry, I dipped a quill into an inkwell and started to write.

Entry 137

Date April 15, 1006 ANM

Shadow’s training has been going along quite well in the past month, though his psychiatrist mentioned that he still hasn’t gotten past the death of his parents and has admitted to not being able to sleep well at night (See sub-entry 137-a for a full report). I also personally noticed that he seemed to stick to me like an extra cutie mark. He...reminds me of myself when I was younger, back before Mom adopted me, as I also stuck close to her when I could. Could he be getting attracted to me? I guess only time will tell now.

Just as I raised my quill to sign, I heard a soft knock on by door, causing me to turn my head. Letting myself smile, I quickly signed off and closed the book before saying, “Come in.” The door to my room opened quietly as the dark gray head of a familiar foal poked out from behind it.

“Mo-err-Sunny, are you here?” The young foal asked. I couldn’t help but give a small smile at the near slip. It took me a week or two to get him to talk to me on a first-name basis.

Looks like I was right, I thought to myself as I responded, “Yes, I am, Shadow. Why don’t you come in?” As he trotted in, I frowned as I noticed the bandage around his barrel. I’ll have to ask him about that later. Shaking the thought away, I noticed that he was drawing his hoof in a circle on the floor, looking like he was trying to work up his courage to say something. “What’s wrong, Shadow? You want to ask something?” I inquired, letting him take his time. He looked up at me before looking at the floor again, taking a deep breath.

“Yes,” he finally said after a minute of silence, “It’s been on my mind for a while now.”

Is he…? I thought to myself, my hopes rising…

...Only for them to come crashing down. “What’s your story? Quick kept dodging my questions whenever I asked,” he asked, dragging his hoof in a circle on the floor. Giving the colt a smile, I levitated a couple of pillows in front of the fireplace before lighting a fire. Laying on one, I patted the one next to me with my wing, watching as I saw the colt scramble to lay next to me. Once he was comfortable, I watched the fire, trying to figure out where to start before it came to me.

“Well, It all started when I woke up in a forest…”

Author's Note:

I finally have a new chapter for my readers (even if it isn't a full chapter), I hope this holds all of you over until I finish my next chapter.

Now I bring to you the Official Discord server!

https://discord.gg/CsudSKx