• Published 23rd Mar 2016
  • 381 Views, 34 Comments

Romantically Unstable - FelineFluff



Feline Fluff has a problem. She doesn't know how to deal with stallions. Living in a shop filled with cats does't help her sanity, not that there's much of it to help. Read as Feline becomes a better pony through difficulty, and failure.

  • ...
1
 34
 381

Oblivious Adventure

A week had passed since Feline Fluff had picked up Spellbound, and deserted Double Diamond. The beautiful helmet lay at the bottom of her overflowing garbage can, representing memories which she no longer cared to remember.

She now had a new lover, and Spellbound Amour was very romantic, and cared for Feline Fluff more than any stallion ever had. They had been on three dates already, and were officially an item.

Feline was very excited, because this morning she had some exciting news to share with him. She sat on a chair watching her kitties eat their breakfast. No new customers had come that day, because she had closed up shop for an exciting trip she had planned. Spellbound didn't know about it yet, but in a few minutes she knew he would come through the door with coffee and a rose, like he did every morning.

Sure enough, the waiting paid off when she heard the door ring with bells. She turned around, and there he was. In all his glory, the beautiful hunk of a stallion she called her coltfriend was in the door-way holding a coffee cup, and a beautiful flower. This time it wasn't a rose, it was a pretty daffodil.

“Good morning Bae!” Spellbound said, as he shut the door behind him. She didn't know why, or what it meant, but ‘Bae’ was the nickname he used for her the most often. Other than Fluffy, which was his second favorite nickname.

“Hey, Amour.” Feline rushed up to him, and nuzzled his neck affectionately. “I see you brought me coffee and a flower. I wasn't expecting gifts.” She giggled.

He set the coffee down on the table with his magic. “I know, but I just couldn't resist. When I saw this pink daffodil it reminded me of your sheer beauty!” He kissed her cheek, and floated the flower into her mane.

“Hehe, you shouldn't have.” She blushed.

“Everyone deserves surprises.” He winked.

She gasped. His comment reminded her of the surprise she had for him. “Speaking of! I have a surprise for you!” She started jumping up and down in excitement.

“What is it?” Spellbound asked, excited and confused at the pink mare in front of him.

“Stay here.” She turned around, and galloped towards her bedroom door. Moments later she emerged from the door carrying something in her mouth. When she reached him, she held up two silver tickets.

“You got some tickets? For what?” He laughed at her over-enthusiastic face.

“We’re going to ponyville for a vacation!” Feline exclaimed loudly, as she threw her forelegs around his neck for a hug.

“Why are we doing that?” Spellbound asked. He was happy at her offer, but confused as to why.

“Well we haven’t gone on a date away from fancy restaurants, and I think that Ponyville has the perfect atmosphere for a date or two.” She let go of the hug, and smiled brightly at him.

“But what about your cats?” He sounded worried.

“They’ll be fine on their own, and besides I could bring one or two with us.” She enthusiastically jumped up and down.

“We could get a cat-sitter? That would be less stressful.” He smiled.

“I'll contact Fluttershy and see if she’s free. She's my childhood friend, and she's great with animals!” Feline Fluff exclaimed.

“Sounds great. When is the trip?” Spellbound asked.

“Tomorrow morning the train arrives. I was hoping we could stay a week.” She looked at Spellbound for approval.

“I can't wait! Thank you so much for buying the tickets, I would have never thought of this.” Spellbound smiled brightly at her.

“Oh thank you!” Feline hopped up and hugged Spellbound as tightly as she could.

The next day Feline and Spellbound got on the train to Ponyville. They had packed just about all of their belongings each, and their luggage was so big, they took a whole train car to themselves. This was also good because there they could talk privately, and be romantic.

“I wrote Fluttershy yesterday. She is coming to Trottingham tomorrow to take care of the cats until we get back.” Feline said, finally settling down into her seat by Spellbound.

“That's great! Did you leave the shop unlocked?” He looked concerned.

“No, silly. She knows where I hid the hide-a-key.”

“Good. Otherwise the cats could have found a way to escape.” He winked.

“I highly doubt that. The most that could happen is a burglary.” She giggled.

The train ride was long and filled with chatter. Soon after the sun had set and the moon risen, Ponyville was visible.

“We’re almost there.” Spellbound said. Feline smiled, leaned forward and kissed him on the muzzle, and he kissed back.

“Next stop, Ponyville.” The conductor said when he walked down the aisle. Which made Feline and Spellbound jump, and split from the kiss with a deep blush. The conductor moved on as if he didn't see anything, but they knew he did.

The train came to a stop a few miles ahead.

“This is it.” Feline said enthusiastically after departing the train. Their bags lay all around them in organized chaos.

“Where do we go first?” Spellbound asked, looking around at the multiple shops lining the street. The air smelled of cake, and friendly looking ponies were all around them. Even though the sky was dark, the whole town felt alive, and bright.

“We get a hotel!” Feline pointed to a small hotel right by the train station. There was a bellhop stallion standing outside the hotel entrance doing nothing.

“You stay here with the bags, and I'll go see if we can get a room.” Spellbound kissed Feline's forehead, and headed off towards the hotel.

A few minutes later Spellbound emerged from the door, and ran over to where Feline was still standing by the luggage. “Room 11.” He said, showing her the key.

“Great! Now all we have to do is move our luggage.” Feline sighed.

“Hey, we moved it in and out of the train, this shouldn't be any more difficult.” He said with his reassuring Trottingham accent. He picked up a suitcase with his mouth, slung two more onto his back, and started walking slowly towards the hotel. Feline followed him, carrying a small purse in her mouth.

As they passed the bellhop, he asked, “May I help you?”

“Yes please.” Feline took the purse out of her mouth, and put it on the bellhops head. “Thank you, dear.” She smiled at the bellhop. Feline then trotted up to her coltfriend empty-hoofed and ‘helped’ him take the bags to their room.

Feline collapsed onto the bed once they reached the room. She was panting as if she had run a mile. Spellbound set the three bags down, and sat on the bed as if he wasn't tired at all. “I wish I hadn't packed so much.” Feline complained.

Spellbound chuckled. “It’s okay, Bae. You'll feel better soon.” He rubbed her back.

The bellhop showed up at the door. “Got the rest of the bags!” He had a cart filled with the rest of their luggage. He looked breathless. But unlike Feline, his panting and sweating was real.

Spellbound smiled, “Thank you kindly, sir.” He started putting the bags in the room.

After the bellhop finished helping Spellbound unpack the bags from the cart, Feline got up. “Thanks a ton.” Feline said with a smile. The bellhop smiled back and then exited the room. She thought she saw him wink, but wasn't sure.

“So what should we do before bed? It’s too early to sleep.” Spellbound said to Feline.

“Well, it would be nice to take a nice evening walk in the park.” Feline replied, nuzzling him for approval.

“That sounds great! We should leave now before it gets any later though. It’s almost fully dark.” He giggled, and nuzzled her back.


“Thank you! Let's go.” With that, the two left the apartment for their walk.

In the Ponyville park, nopony was around. Luna had already raised the moon, and most ponies were asleep, except for them. In Trottingham, when the sun lowered it meant time to eat dinner. Not time to sleep.

“It’s so lovely out here.” Spellbound said.

Feline nodded and looked around. “I'm hungry.”

“So am I. Wait here for a moment, and I’ll be right back with something to snack on.” Spellbound started to walk away.

“I can't go with you?” She put her hoof on his shoulder, and made a pouty face.

“I've got a surprise for you. You should wait here, I don't want to spoil it.” He smiled at her, and continued to walk away.

“Hopefully its good then.” She scoffed, and stood where she was.

Feline stood, waiting for a minute or two. Her standing soon turn to lying when she was tackled to the ground by a pony wearing a black cloak. Her head hit the ground as their bodies collided.

She heard a ringing in her ears, and her vision went black. Soon her vision slowly faded back to light.

“Whoa, are you okay?” The pony asked. When he said this, Feline realized she could hear again. When she looked up she saw that the stallion had just picked himself up off of her, and he seemed unharmed.

She noticed that he was a snow white pegasus with a black spikey mane that had yellow on the spikes. “I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to do that.” He pulled down the hood of his cloak revealing his face.

“Um, yeah, I’m fine.” Feline replied, looking into the stallion’s grey eyes. She opened her mouth a bit, and her eyes sparkled. He was the most handsome pony she had ever seen.

“Here let me help you up.” The stallion offered. Feline blushed as she wrapped her hoof around his. His strong foreleg pulled her to an upright position. “My name’s Lightning Crystal.” The stallion said.

“Feline Fluff.” Feline said. “Why did you tackle me?” She asked, remembering what had just happened.

“Nice to meet you Fluffy.” Lightning smiled, oblivious to her question.

“It’s Feline Fluff.” She said with a rude tone.

“I know, I just like calling ponies by shortened versions of their names.” Lightning Crystal smiled.

“Why did you tackle me?” She asked again.

“Like I said before, that was an accident. See, I was trying to fly, but I forgot that I couldn’t. Not since I busted my wings today.” He sighed. “Anyways, I’m glad I didn’t hurt you. You with anypony?”

Feline looked at Lightning for a bit, looking him up and down. He was very oblivious, and forgetful, but he was very handsome. She pushed her thoughts of Spellbound to the back of her mind. “No, I’m all alone.” She gave Lightning a small wink.

“Oh, well you’ll get lost without somepony to help you. Here, I’ll guide you to the nearest shop. They should be able to find a map for you.” Lightning didn’t seem to notice the wink at all.

“Thank you, but I’m not lost. I was just taking a walk.” She said to him.

“Y-yeah, I would love to go on a date. Thanks for asking.” Lightning Crystal blushed, and smiled at her.

“What? I didn't…” Feline was so confused and embarrassed. She reminded herself of how hot he was. “Do I remember asking you out?” She giggled embarrassedly.

"Oh, you think I didn't notice that wink you gave me?" He winked back.

"But I winked, that doesn't mean I was asking you out." She said matter-of-factly.

"Really? Oh." He looked disappointed.

She felt bad for him. She could have a super hot boyfriend to keep for whenever she went to Ponyville. 'Spellbound will never know.' She thought to herself. "Will you go out with me?" She asked, embarrassedly.

"Yes!" He hugged her. She hugged him back, and blushed profusely.

"See you tomorrow at The Hayburger?" Feline Fluff asked.

“See you then.” He said, smiling after he let go of the hug, “Bye, Fluffy!” He started to fly away. His wing clenched with pain, and he fell to the ground.

“Are you okay?” Feline ran up to him, and helped him up.

“I'm fine. I keep forgetting my wing is busted.” He was in pain as he stood up. “Bye.” He ran away without another word.

“Bye?” She watched him run away. She giggled. 'That is by far the weirdest pony I have ever met. But a hottie.' She thought to herself.

She felt a hoof on her shoulder. She is startled. “Surprise!” She turned around, and Spellbound was behind her, holding up something.

It was a cake that said “I love you” on it. It was just big enough for both of them to share. “Thank you, you are so sweet!” She said with joy.

“No, you're the sweet one, Bae.” He winked.

“You're so sappy.” She giggled, and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

“I try.” He sat down on the ground, and patted beside him for her to sit down.

She sat down next to him, and rested her head on his chest. “This is a perfect night.” She said to him.

“I'm glad you are happy. Because if you're happy, I'm happy.” He said, as he cut the cake in two pieces.

The couple stayed in the park admiring the stars for an hour longer. Their bellies filled with cake, Feline eventually fell asleep next to him. He carried her back to the hotel where they both slept beautifully.

Author's Note:

This is the new chapter introducing Lightning Crystal. We are co-writing this together, so we thought it was a good idea to include his awesome oblivious OC to this crazy random story. Spellbound doesn't know it, but Feline is cheating on him with another stallion. Where could this end up?:pinkiegasp: find out in the next chapter coming out in a couple weeks!:scootangel:

Comments ( 3 )

7145977 ha-ha thanks! There will be more:pinkiehappy:

And now all of your followers know how stupid I am:pinkiecrazy:

7165432 ha-ha that was no secret:rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment