• Published 19th Mar 2016
  • 472 Views, 24 Comments

The Original Six - Pinkieappleflutter



Twilight finds a book describing events over two hundred years previous.

  • ...
2
 24
 472

June 20th 1813

I met a colt the other day, His name was Montana Blue and he was a unicorn new to Canterlot. He had previously lived in a cabin in the big open space below the mountain. There is no city or town down there, just an open field. I found it so odd that he would move from somewhere so quiet to a town of thirty eight ponies at least, if you don't count the winter months. He was white with a gold mane and lavender eyes and his cutie mark is three paint brushes, he was a painter and I wouldn't mind seeing him again. I'm not saying that I'm over what happened to me, it still hurts seeing him in town with Rare Ocean, it makes me think that she should have been me, but something about Montana Blue makes me forget about him. Not even Glade can manage that. Though it isn't from a lack of trying, every time I see her she tries to come up with ways to make me forget, sometimes it works. I'm sorry I'm just mentioning this now, about the heartache, but I figured it was the right time.

Today me and Jairus went into town today, it was flee market and we were low on vegetables and oats. The ponies here are very kind, unless it comes to flee market. Then they are bargaining hard for that extra bit. Some sales, though, were very reasonable and we didn't have to bargain at all. Anyway, we're back home now, and I am bored. The twins just went back home yesterday and I got to admit, I liked having them here. I'll have to babysit again sometime. So, I am bored, and I am done everything that I need to do. I could visit Harper, we had made plans to visit each other soon, I could visit Free Range! I had made the same promise to her yesterday. I don't know though, I just feel like doing nothing today, and I can see now why ponies like to keep busy during their long days. The thing about me, though, is that I am stubborn and will go though with plans even if I don't like them.

I wish I could ask you what I should do, you know what? I'll clean. The house does need sweeping, and maybe I could pluck weeds that have decided that they were going to make a home in my yard. To that I say, "Ha!" I shall pluck those weeds until they are no more! It is now mid noon, and I have swept and plucked the weeds. I am now bored again. And I think I'm hungry. I'll make something later though. I think I have decided to talk to Harper today. I don't know if she's busy though, I guess I'll find out when I visit her house. It turns out Harper is busy with her family today. Before you start wondering, yes I visited Free Range too. She was busy also. I never knew a boredom like this before. Nothing could be going more wrong right now.

I really can't understand my thought process, no pony want's to listen to an old mare's boredom. I am sorry, I won't come back to this journal until I have something better to talk about. It is about fifteen minutes later, and Jairus has just received a letter from Princess Celestia requesting mine, Glade, Mezzo, and Free Range's assistance. She requested us to come tomorrow at early morning to discuss something with us. Probably needing us to go on an assignment! I cannot wait to actually show you what I do for Equestria! Well, not exactly show you, but tell you about it. I promise you, it won't be disappointing. Maybe Mezzo and I will get to use our magic! That will be fun explaining! We could be fighting something or some pony! I might not make it until tomorrow morning, we haven't had an assignment since before I got my journal.

I'm sure you probably skipped ahead by now, reading all this boring stuff about my life. I'm sure what you read was far more exciting than my sitting at the table barely containing myself with the prospect of actually doing something. I wish I knew what was going to happen. Was it difficult for me to do? Was it easy? I wish you could tell me. Anyway I got to tell Glade, Free Range, and Mezzo. I know they'll be excited too, it really has been a while since we did something we've done something like this. But what ever the Princess has in mind for us is sure to be exciting. I just can't imagine why she needs Magic, Kindness, Loyalty and Generosity and not the rest of us. Anyway, I need to send the letters, and Jairus needs a bath before it gets dark.

Sincerely, your friend,

Angel

Author's Note:

I am so sorry, I had MAJOR computer computer problems. I had to take it in to the store to fix, and it took months.

Comments ( 4 )

7912816

I've been in a sort of writer's block with this one for a while. I want to continue it, and I know exactly what I want to happen in it, I just can't put it down in words. Plus this is going to be my longest story ever on Fimfiction, so it's going to be interesting

7912850
Well, if you want an idea or two, I'm here for you. :raritywink:

Anyway, I've got a few ideas of my own that I want to write about, and a special project I want to get to. I'll shoot you a PM about it in a few minutes.

7914119

Maybe there will be romance :raritywink:

7914169

Yes it is completely original!!

And I tried to add a few things like that just because I wanted an honest difference between the show and the past, I'm glad you like it!!!

Login or register to comment