• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 5,553 Views, 261 Comments

As a Family - Dashzilla93



Scootaloo is no longer an orphan and is peacefully back in the caring watch of her mother, Fluttershy. However, Scootaloo ultimately asks her a complicated question: who's her father?

  • ...
8
 261
 5,553

Scootaloo's New Friends

Fluttershy’s eyes brightened up with excitement as she, “Tree Hugger!” she said with a giddy smile.

A green mare with a thick dreadlock mane and tail, holding a pouch-like bag, stood in front of Fluttershy and cracked a small smile looking at her with what others assumed were half-asleep eyes, “Fluttershy, it’s so good to see you,” she said in a relaxed tone as Fluttershy rushed up and hugged her.

“It’s so good to see you, too,” Fluttershy said. “I haven’t seen you in a while. How have you been?” she released Tree Hugger from tight hug as she backed up a bit.

Tree hugger’s grin grew wider as she happily said, “I’ve been drifting the plains of Equestria and meeting new ponies with awesome vibes and smooth auras.”

“Ooo, you must tell me your story, Tree Hugger.” Fluttershy said fluttering her wings a bit. Having not seen her friend for so long really got her excited.

Tree Hugger nodded, but gently held her hoof up to stop her, and she said, “I’ll indeed tell you, but can we stop by your home? I’m feeling a tad parched.”

“Oh, of course,” Fluttershy said with another giddy smile as she happily escorted Tree Hugger to her home. “Hopefully we can meet Scootaloo there, too.”

“Your daughter, right?”

Fluttershy stopped with her ears and tail perked up and turned around with a shocked look on her face, “How did you know she was my daughter?” she asked in a confused tone. She never even mentioned or hinted that Scootaloo is her daughter. She only told Discord, Applejack, Twilight and Rarity; she was going to tell other friends she had when the time came, including Tree Hugger, but it would take some time to tell them since they lived all around Equestria.

Tree Hugger giggled at Fluttershy’s reactions before nonchalantly responding, “I can read connecting auras, Fluttershy,” she explained. “Scootaloo has soft yet strong and determined aura.”

Fluttershy innocently tilted her head, confused and curious to know what Tree Hugger was talking about, “Go on, please.”

She grinned again, “certainly,” she continued her little, but seemingly complicated, explanation. “Aura is like a challenging puzzle and a feeling indicator.”

Fluttershy cocked a confused eyebrow, and assumed, “Like a mood ring?” Tree Hugger nodded at her well thought guess.

“Yes, similar to that,” She points to the ground underneath Fluttershy. “Your aura creates a stream that connects only to family members. They show different colors to tell them apart and to tell what mood they’re in. You and Scootaloo have light pink. That means you two are happy,” Fluttershy understood that, but she was still confused either way. “Your parents are blue and orange. Their aura streams connected to yours lead all the way to Cloudsdale. I assume the blue one is sad and the orange other is concerned,” the hippie earth pony noticed Fluttershy’s aura turning orange as well when Fluttershy looked at Tree Hugger with shocked eyes. Tree Hugger gave Fluttershy a reassuring smile, and calmly said, “Don’t worry, Fluttershy. I’m sure they are taking good care of each other. Their auras are as strong as a northern current,”

Despite what Tree Hugger said, Fluttershy would need to call or visit them to see if everything’s alright with her parents. She knew for a fact Tree Hugger never lies when it comes to aura and other spiritual things. But that doesn’t mean she still needs to see them.

The hippie pony then pointed behind Fluttershy where a fifth aura stream was connected to her aura field, “But I’m not sure about the fifth one,” She said as she gazed her eyes at the stream, unsure of where this aura leads and who it belongs to.

“There’s a fifth stream connect to my aura?” Fluttershy pondered for a moment as she looked at Tree Hugger pointing at Ponyville where the fifth stream would lead to.

“Do you have any siblings, Fluttershy?”

“No, not that I’m aware of; I have no idea where the ‘fifth stream’ leads to…” a sudden realization smacked Fluttershy like a rock. She gasped and widened her eyes in shock, again. The memories came crawling back to her like spiders on a web. She knew exactly who the fifth stream belonged to, and she wish she didn’t. She looked as the ground as face went from confused and innocent to frustration and regret. Her irises shank a bit and occasionally shook; the memories where hurtful, embarrassing and horrible. More memories began to arise and it caused her anger to swell. Her mind told her to go find the pony and confront him for the things he did to her, but another voice in her head told her to wait and let the stallion find her and then –

“Fluttershy?” a soft voice instantly snapped her back into reality as she looked into the eyes of a concerned Tree Hugger. “Are you alright? Your aura was heating up and turning lava red,” Tree Hugger placed a caring hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder. The yellow pegasus shook her head and rubbed her temple before looking back at her friend.

“Y-yes, I’m fine, Tree Hugger,” Fluttershy said a bit groggy. Tree Hugger grew more worried from seeing Fluttershy like that, but soft smile from her timid friend took her rising troubles away. “We should head back to my home. I’ll make us some tea,” Fluttershy offered. Tea was always one good means of getting rid of troubling vibes.

Tree Hugger smiled a bit at that offering, “I’d love that,” she said as she and Fluttershy headed back to her cottage, with Fluttershy leading the way. Despite what Fluttershy was feeling right now, Tree Hugger saw the look in Fluttershy’s eyes and immediately connected the pieces together. That fifth aura stream belongs to the father of Scootaloo. Tree Hugger, at first, suggested to herself to ask Fluttershy if they could go find him, but seeing those unnerving eyes for a brief moment immediately gave her the answer. For now, she will throw away her suggestion and focus on what’s been given to her: to protect Fluttershy; but not just Fluttershy, but the stallion that did this to her. She’d fear if they were to meet face to face, a disaster worse than nature would emerge. And Tree Hugger would do her best to prevent that from happening – even though she has no idea who the stallion is.

Fluttershy suddenly stopped and froze in place, looking down in a depressed manner, “Tree Hugger?” Fluttershy’s voice became serious for a moment as Tree Hugger stopped right behind her. She was confused about her friend’s action before Fluttershy turned her head and asks, “Before we head back, I need to ask you something,” Tree hugger slightly bit her lip as she tried to predict what question Fluttershy was going to ask her, though she may have a good guess.

“Where does the fifth stream lead to?”

And that guess nailed the target with accuracy more efficient than an arrow with a bullseye. Tree Hugger tried to come up with an excuse as best her mind to muster. She knew exactly where the stream leads to, but she can’t risk a fight starting if Fluttershy and Scootaloo’s father meet. First test is on and she has to do her best. She inhaled long, calming breaths before replying, “I’m sorry, Fluttershy, but I don’t know where it leads to. It’s like leaving a mark. The owner moves on while the spot remain there. So, finding the owner of the fifth stream will take time.” Tree Hugger shrugged. “I’m sorry, Fluttershy”

Fluttershy paused for a moment and had a bit of defeat overtaken her, but she just chuckles it out, and said, “Oh, that’s okay,” Fluttershy said with an innocent, small smile. “I was just asking.”

“Oh, I forgot,” Tree Hugger craned her head at Fluttershy when she asked, “Why didn’t you tell me you had that kind of talent?”

Tree Hugger laughed a bit, and sheepishly said, “I guess I forgot to mention it to you and few others about that,” She grinned innocently. “When you spend a lot of time with nature, you tend to gain a sixth sense of these things,” She looked to see Fluttershy pouting in disbelief. Tree Hugger couldn’t help but snicker at that.

“I’ve been in nature as long as you have! Why haven’t I gained that ability?”

Tree Hugger smiled proudly and softly patted Fluttershy’s back, “Who knows my timid friend. Maybe you have a lot more to learn. Perhaps many years of meditation would be best.”

Fluttershy snorted and craned her head down as she looked away from Tree Hugger. Tree Hugger looked at Fluttershy confusingly and thought she was upset or something. She was curious to know what she was thinking before Fluttershy looked back at her with a playful, devious grin. Tree Hugger softly nudged Fluttershy as they both giggled at each other and headed straight back to Fluttershy’s cottage.

***Fluttershy's Cottage***

Scootaloo excitedly galloped back to her home and eagerly gazed her eyes left and right to find her pet and see if he was around. He was nowhere in sight. She huffed in slight disappointment that her pet wasn’t a no show and ready to play, but she didn’t stop as she grinned with determination. She beamed around the cottage with the same speed she ran before and showing no signs of being tired; she was full of energy and wanted to waste it all on playing with her new friend and pet; most of mother’s animal friends saw and waved at her as she waved back. Scootaloo rush to the backyard and hit the brakes, skidding to a halt when saw a large den under the shadow of a large oak tree. She took a few quick breaths before excitedly trotting over to the den with a happy and thrilled grin. She stopped and looked at the darkness before her inside the den. She sat and watched, waiting patiently for her pet to come out.

The den was almost as big as a bear's den, about seven meters from top to bottom, big enough for almost any pony to fit in; even brawny ponies like Big Macintosh can fit in there. Grass lingered and hung over the mouth of the den making it look like crooked teeth. The sight was terrifying alone, but not enough to make Scootaloo and Fluttershy run away. Other ponies, however, might be a different story. Heck, when Sweetie Belle and Applebloom get back from their trip with their sisters, Scootaloo will no doubt show them what they missed and introduce who’s inside the den.

Speaking of whom, Scootaloo immediately grew impatient and pouted angrily before dunking her head in the mouth of the den “Varan? Hey, Varan?!” Scootaloo called out acting like a living alarm clock. “Wake up! It’s time to play.” She heard low, stubborn hisses emit from the den. Scootaloo reared her head back and scrunch her muzzle, annoyed and slightly frustrated. “Come on; get your scaly butt up! I wanna play,” she barked but received no response, just the calm sound of nothingness. Scootaloo grumbled a bit, “Are you giving me the silent treatment? Don’t make me come in there and drag you out, you lazy reptile,” She said, being bossy and demanding; even though she knew her lazy pet could just own her in a game of wrestling and other physical games. She cracked a smile when she finally saw movement in the den. Her grin grew wider, she was happy and excited to see Varan was about to finally come out and play with her. Now that she’ll be able to play with her pet, she thought that nothing could ever ruin this day and mess up her playtime.

“Well, look what we have here,” a familiar spoiled, uptight voice spoke out behind Scootaloo.

Scootaloo closed her eyes as her smile slowly drained into a frown. She sighed through her muzzle, disappointment and unamused. Not because of who was behind her, but because she had led herself to believe that nothing was going to ruin this day. She nonchalantly turned around with not-so-enthused face, “Hello, Diamond Tiara,” she said as she gazed at pampered earth pony with unwelcomed eyes, but she raised a brow when she noticed a group of three beside Silver Spoon behind her: two colts on the left and a… young griffon on the right?

This threw Scootaloo for a loop. Why was a griffon with them? It was weird, but she had to ask, “Who are your friends, Diamond?” she gaited her eyes back at Diamond. She had a suspicion something was up, and she wanted to know why these three were here, “Did you pay them to be in your little group, or did you bully them into doing what you want?” she asked in a stern, questioning tone while Diamond Tiara rolled her eyes at her.

“That’s none of your business, blank flank,” Diamond snapped showing hate in her eyes. “I still haven’t gotten you back for giving me that black eye, and for getting me in trouble by my own dad,” She snarled at Scootaloo while Silver Spoon and the two colts share the same evil look. “You and your friends have been a thorn in my side for too long! It’s time you learn a lesson,” the two colts stood beside Diamond and eagerly awaited orders. “And I think now’s the time for you to learn,” she said with an evil grin. She lifts her arm to give the order, but a soft voice cuts her off.

“Um, Diamond, you said we were going to play with Scootaloo?” The griffon said in a soft, naïve, timid voice. “Did you-”

Diamond groaned in annoyance before snapping her hateful gaze at the young griffon and snarled at her for asking such a stupid question, “Yeah, I lied,” she openly admitted, showing no hints of care whatsoever. “I did tell you, Dirt and Grime that we were going to ‘play’ with Scootaloo, but not the kind of play you were thinking of.” The young griffon stepped back, not liking the idea of what ‘play’ Diamond had in mind.

Scootaloo sat down and watched the conflict take place. She thought to herself that she would step in and help, but a new plan came into effect. She looked at the two colts that were being distracted by Diamond scolding the poor griffon. Both colts had dirty brown fur with the same white mane and tail, blue eye color and fur covering the top of their hooves; they both had no cutie marks as well. The only way to tell them apart was that Grime had three freckles on his cheeks and forehead. Were these two twins? Scootaloo nodded to herself at the logical assumption, but she then looked at the frightened griffon being scowled by Diamond Tiara.

Scootaloo remembered Rainbow Dash telling her that griffons did not look exactly like Gilda; they all had different looks to them, so she thought this was kind of neat to see a different griffon; a young one at that. Well, different in attitude. The young griffon looked almost identical to Gilda, just with a smaller build and there was an odd looking spot on her right talon. How Diamond managed to recruit her is mind-boggling, but the aggression factor was lacking in this little griffon when she saw she was crouched and slightly curled her body like a scared lion cub.

This agitated Scootaloo to no end. She hated seeing Diamond bully other kids for no reason. She would so love to go up to that rich uptight filly and slug her in the face like she did before; seeing that black eye again would bring her so much joy. She gritted her teeth but heard a light crack from a branch behind her. She lightly turned her head, but not enough for the bullies to notice, as she saw two faded, beady eyes slowly approach her. Scootaloo cracked a small, devious smile; her plan was set in motion. They have no idea what’s coming

“Hey,” Diamond Tiara barked getting Scootaloo’s attention. “Pay attention stupid!” she snarled before looking back and jerking her head at the young griffon. The little griffon nervously walked between and stood there, legs shaking; she didn’t want to do this, and Scootaloo completely understood that just by looking at her actions. She going to need to talk to this griffon, and hopefully get her on her side and hopefully be her second new friend. After all, she needs to tell someone that this place isn’t safe for ponies who don’t know what their surroundings actually are. And Diamond and her posse clearly do not know what the surrounding environment is capable of.

“Revenge is all mine,” Diamond Tiara boasted. “Your mother isn’t around and your friends are not around. I say you’re in great-”

Scootaloo held up her right hoof, “Hold it!”

Diamond groaned in pure agitation, “What now?!”

“Yeah, we don’t have all day, blank flank,” Silver Spoon said, wanting to watch the action. The three newcomers looked more confused than anything. Well, Dirt and Grime just wanted to pummel Scootaloo. The little griffon was just scared and confused; the pressure was getting to her. She did not want to beat up Scootaloo.

Scootaloo took a short breath before speaking, “look around you, Diamond.” Scootaloo gestured her hoof as Diamond Tiara nonchalantly looked around. She could care less where they are until Scootaloo spoke again, “Do you know where we are?”

Diamond Tiara raised a brow at Scootaloo’s rather stupid question, but she answered anyway with an impatient snort, “Are you stupid or something? We’re near your home.”

Scootaloo chuckled at Diamond's answer, “You’re only half-right, Diamond.”

“Half-right? What are you talking about, Scootaloo?” Diamond Tiara asked bitterly as her left eyelid twitched.

“You only looked to your right,” Scootaloo said before pointing to the right. “Now, look to your left.” She looked at them in a calm manner but was mentally grinning evilly.

All five gullible kids did what Scootaloo asked and looked to their left at the same time. All they could see was nothing but a wide-open space covered in grass and thousands of oak trees blocking their view. They did notice some squirrels, deer, birds, and blowing leaves but that was about it. It was rather peaceful in a way, but Diamond Tiara didn’t care whatsoever.

Diamond Tiara glared hatefully at Scootaloo, “Just what are you on about, Scootaloo?” she rudely asked.

“Why did you have us look at the forest?” Silver Spoon asked in a confused tone.

Scootaloo cracked a bit of that evil smile before she happily replied, “Because I want you all to know something,” her smile grew wider and slightly eerie. The three newcomers gazed at Scootaloo before she continued. “I’ve been living here with my mother for quite a while. When she took me back and took care of me”-which she still greatly appreciated her for doing that- “she wanted to turn me into a better pony than I was before.” She wasn’t lying, either. Scootaloo still had that urge to beat Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon to a bloody pulp, but her mother was strictly against any sort of violence. She did not want her daughter to grow up like a thug or anything of the sort. Even at times, Scootaloo wanted her mother to be assertive like her, but Fluttershy was assertive in her own way and she didn’t mind that about her mother. Besides, there were other means of defending without violence. And Scootaloo set the perfect trap for them. All she needed was to ask a few more questions from these five.

“What, she wanted to turn you into a pansy like her?” Grime asked in a somewhat light southern voice, mocking Scootaloo and her mother. That got a laugh out of Diamond, Silver, and Dirt. The young griffon wasn’t too fond the mean joke, however.

Scootaloo gave a light snarl at Grime’s joke. Her urge to punch was reaching its peak. But she remembered her mother telling her to take deep, calming breaths and not to take stuff like that at heart. She does so and breathes calmly through her muzzle, and then she said to them as a sort of jab at them, “No. She wanted me to be smarter and not do what you guys are doing,” She looked around the forest as she saw a sun bear and a mountain lion appear a few feet away from the five children. She grinned at them before looking at the five unaware children deviously.

Dirt snorted at Scootaloo and assumed Scootaloo's words, “Did you just call us stupid?” he asked talking like Grime but in a more aggressive tone.

Scootaloo rolled her eyes, “I didn't say you were. I was just saying it as a warning.”

“W-what do you mean?” the young griffon asked slightly quivering.

Scootaloo looked at the griffon and spoke in a friendly tone to her than the other four, “I mean you guys are standing on dangerous grounds.” Scootaloo points behind the five to show them the bear and the mountain lion.

“Have a look.”

They look back and flinch at the sight of the dangerous animals, slightly backing up from them. Diamond Tiara widened her eyes as she looked back at Scootaloo with a smug look on her face. Silver Spoon felt her heart sink when she saw the two, she did not expect to see animals like them show up around Fluttershy’s cottage. She and Diamond thought that this was a peaceful place; that only harmless animals would show up.

“What’s the deal here?” Diamond said, slightly shivering. “I thought your mother was just an animal caretaker to harmless animals?”

Scootaloo let out a quick laugh, and said, “She is an animal caretaker but to all animals.” Scootaloo's smile widened a little more for a well her plan was going. Now she needed a few more touches. She continued to explain to the frightened bullies about the land she lived in, “She takes care of all sorts of animals like lions, tigers, bears, snakes, falcons, and plenty more animals that are considered dangerous towards ponies like you.” She looked back real quick as the beady eyes came closer to her. She nodded before looking back at the five still staring at the bear and mountain lion. “Since I’m a part of this home now, all the animals that my mother treated and cared for have accepted me as their friend. And they don’t like seeing trespassers picking on their caretaker’s daughter.” Well, mostly. Some of the animals are still getting used to her.

“Then tell them to leave!” Diamond Tiara barked still looking at the dangerous animals with her group. “Can’t you control them or something?”

Scootaloo shook her nonchalantly, and said, “It isn’t about control. It’s about respect.” She points to the two animals. “Those two are my mother’s animal friends. And my mother’s animal friends only listen to her, not me.”

“Then why aren’t they attacking?” Silver Spoon asked.

That would be the last question. Scootaloo heard her pet approaching as she said with pride, “Because they know I’m fully protected.”

That got all five of them to look at her when Diamond sternly asked, “What are talking…” Her sentence was immediately cut as she gasped in horror. Her eyes went wide as dinner plates and her irises shrank to pea-sized. The other four kids looked up to see small, glowing white dots appear behind Scootaloo and sway from side to side. Something was coming; something big. Dirt, Grime, and the young griffon froze as they watched, paralyzed in fear. Silver Spoon widened her eyes as her glasses nearly slipped from her muzzle. The five children remained silent with their mouths hung open as the sound of patting claws can be heard.

Scootaloo watched in amusement. She wanted to bust out laughing from seeing the pale look on their faces but decided to milk it as she stepped out of the way to her right as the afternoon sun beamed down at the den behind her and exposed a bit of what’s inside.

The children looked down at the exposed ground until a dirty brown, scaly foot with long talon-like claws emerged from the shadows and crunched the branches and dried up leaves as it landed. They quickly look back up without saying a word.

Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Dirt, Grime and the young griffon watched in horror, disbelief, and shock as a huge, bulky lizard emerged from the shadows of its den and stood next to Scootaloo, peering down at them with primal, fearless eyes. The animals that made their presence known quickly evacuated and hid from sight; they want nothing to do with this situation now that Scootaloo’s pet is involved. The children continued to look at the huge beast as it flicked its forked tongue while still giving an eerie glare at them.

The lizard was twelve feet tall with dark brown skin. Its legs and underbelly had a few faded tan spots that mixed in with the brown skin. Its head was slightly flat and long with a rounded snout, bowed legs with a few scars on them and a strong build that looked like it could withstand a decent amount of blunt force.

Scootaloo smirked as she fearlessly walked in front of the huge lizard, and said to the five, “Meet Varan, my awesome friend, and pet komodo dragon.” Varan dipped his head and nuzzled his snout against Scootalo’s cheek as a form of apology to his young master. He would’ve been out of his den earlier today, but his underground home was just too comfortable for him to leave. He’ll make it up to her with tons of playtime; whatever she wants. He saw the smile on Scootaloo’s face but noted her eyes were focused on the five before them. He raised his scaly, dragonesque head and gazed his reptilian eyes at the five children, observing them until he hooked his sights on one his young master has described to him before. White hair, pink fur, an unnecessary jewel on her head, this matched the description very clearly. Young master did mention her name to him but he was too lazy to remember. The three that stood in front of her, and the gray one that stood beside the pink one, were new; they all were shaking with fear. A reaction he usually expected and loved to take advantage of – when it came to adults. Kids are too easy to scare and it isn’t quite as fun as it used to be, but he’ll make an exception with the pink one and her friends since he figured young master wanted this. He flicked his forked tongue and bellowed a long, slow, eerie, defensive hiss as he barred his serrated teeth at the five children.

The five bullies kept their focus on Varan. They were shocked, scared, speechless and amazed at the sheer size and look of Scootaloo’s pet. Dirt and Grime have seen a lot of ponies with unique pets, like Pinkie and her pet baby alligator for example, but they haven't seen anything like this before. It was very bizarre. They just hope Scootaloo doesn’t ask this thing to attack them. If not, then they’ll still run away. Varan was freaking terrifying! Grime looked at the young griffon, only to see her faint on the spot.

Silver Spoon thought to herself that she should’ve just stayed home and read magazines on the latest fashion craze. Her heart was racing and she looked at Diamond in hopes she wasn’t thinking of still going through with beating up Scootaloo. The gray filly looked back at the giant Komodo dragon and noticed it was looking at Diamond Tiara, and only her. It wasn’t paying attention to her and the other three. What did Scootaloo tell this thing? She took two steps back, rather not wanting to find out what. She turned around and ran, but was halted by the aggressive shout of Diamond Tiara.

“Where are you going?!”

Silver Spoon snapped her gaze at Diamond, and exclaimed, “I’m not going to stand here and be that thing’s food. I’m out of here!” With that, she quickly bolted away, leaving Diamond and the other three.

“Hey, get back here Silver Spoon!” Diamond Tiara barked but it was too late. She disappeared from beside the cottage. Diamond growled in anger and howled orders at the three, but noticed the young griffon was out cold laying on the ground. This aggravated her to a whole new level; her plan was falling apart. Yet, she didn’t want to stop. She wanted to hurt Scootaloo like she did before, and she wanted it now.

“Dirt, Grime, pummel Scootaloo now!” she barked at the twins.

“Are you kidding me?” Dirt objected.

“We’re not going anywhere near that thing. You’re as crazy as our uncle Gravel!” Grime said joining in on his brother’s denial. They weren’t bright, but they knew danger when they saw it. And Scootaloo’s pet was more than enough to be a danger to them. They even figured Snips and Snails wouldn’t be dumb enough to mess with a creature like this; then again, they brought an Ursa Minor to Ponyville that one time. Either way, they wanted Diamond Tiara to know that they were not as dumb as she thinks they are.

They both look at the pampered, angry filly and said at the same time, “We’re out of here. You’re on your own.” Just like Silver Spoon, the twins bolted out of there as fast as their little hooves could take them. They were gone the moment Scootaloo and Varan watched them. They left Diamond Tiara with the fainted griffon to deal with Scootaloo and her massive Komodo dragon.

Scootaloo giggled evilly as she looked at Diamond Tiara with the same evil grin and glare she always gave her, “Didn’t think this through, did you? Diamond Tiara,” Scootaloo said as Diamond Tiara gritted her teeth in anger.

She screamed in rage as she shouted, “You planned this, blank flank?”

Scootaloo proudly shook her head, and said, “Nope. You just stepped into an opportunity even a blind pony could see.” Varan just stood there flicking his forked tongue while looking down at Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara. “Next time, Diamond, think about where you should be, or else you’ll have your butt chewed more times than it already has.”

Varan snapped his jaws to make sure Diamond Tiara got the point. Any wrong and/or stupid move that Diamond Tiara would make would cause who knows what problems to her.

Diamond Tiara glared up at Varan then back at Scootaloo. She bit her lip and groaned in frustration and rage. Being forced to stop and not get what she wanted really triggered a lot of switches in her head, but she knew she’d get hurt again if she tried to attack, “This isn’t over, Scootaloo!”

“I think it already is,” she said as she watched Diamond Tiara leave. She then noticed the young griffon still out cold from seeing Varan, “Hey, aren’t you going to take your friend with you?”

Diamond Tiara looked back at the fainted griffon before she disgustingly rolled her eyes, “No, she was useless, to begin with. She can be your pet’s food for all I care!” the rich bully ran away, leaving Scootaloo groaning in disappointment.

Scootaloo gazed up at Varan, “Will she ever learn?” Varan just gave her blank eyes and a soft, confused hiss. She shrugs a bit, “You’re probably right, Varan. She never learned before you came along, and I don’t think she ever will.” she said. “And I thought I was stubborn.”

Varan flicked his forked tongue. While he can’t really talk to young master, he can let her know what he’s thinking just by his own gestures and sounds. He was actually thinking of why this catbird thing was asleep. If he scared her, he had no intention. He just wanted to scare the pink one, because he assumed that was what Young master wanted. He didn't care whether the pink one learned anything. But what did peak his interest was the sleeping catbird.

Scootaloo looked at the unconscious griffon and pondered why she sided with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon; she just had to know. She looked at Varan and jerked her head to the young griffon, “Think you can help me carry her to the house?”

Varan snorted and walked up the little griffon. He lowered his snout as Scootaloo walked around and carefully lifted the surprisingly light griffon over her back and onto Varan’s head. Varan carefully raised his head and walked towards the cottage where he saw Scootaloo rush up and open the back door.

“Alright, bring her down gently. I’ll take care of the rest.”

“Scootaloo?”

Scootaloo flinched in surprise and peered back, only to smile innocently at the one who said her name, “Hi, mom.”

***Fluttershy's Home***

The young griffon twitched her eyes and slowly opened them. Her vision was blurry and she could barely see where she was. She sat up and groaned groggily as she rubbed her feathered head. She blinked a few times before her vision slowly became clear, then she looked around. She saw usual stuff like a few chairs, a coffee table and a really soft couch she was sitting on. But she did notice a few mouse holes, bird houses, and stairs leading to an upper floor. She saw two a few picture frames hanging on the walls that had pictures of Scootaloo and others with her, including the giant lizard with a small rabbit. She chuckled at the scared look on the rabbit’s face.

“Oh good, you’re up,” a gentle, soft-spoken voice said getting the young griffon’s attention.

Fluttershy hovered out of her kitchen, holding a plate of tea as she flapped her quiet wings over to the young griffon and placed the plate on the table. The kind pegasus looked at her with a soft smile, “I was getting worried” she said. “Varan has a bad habit of scaring ponies. But he knows when to mind.”

The young griffon looked out the window to the backyard just in time to see Varan’s tail slither back into the den. She shook a bit before looking back at Fluttershy, and asked, “I-Is he dangerous?”

Fluttershy nodded, “Yes, but only if he needs to be. He’s just a lazy lizard that would rather sleep instead of attack others. He and Scootaloo get along so well.” She looked out the same window with a happy and proud smile.

“Um, Miss Fluttershy, where’s Scootaloo?”

Fluttershy gaited back at the young griffon with a surprised look on her face, “She’s with a friend of mine getting some groceries.” She wasn’t surprised that this little griffon knew Scootaloo’s name because her daughter explained everything that happened when she was gone, but what really surprised was…

“How did you know my name? And can you tell me your name, please?”

The young griffon nodded at Fluttershy and smiled at her with utmost trust, and replied with a cute chirp, “Okay! My name is Glinda, and my sister’s friend talks about you all the time.”

Fluttershy raised a shocked brow and assumed Glinda was talking about Rainbow Dash. If Glinda was talking about Rainbow Dash then she had a hunch who Rainbow Dash could be talking to, but she had to make sure first. Getting into assumptions was never a good idea. She just had to ask one question…

“I see. And, who is your sister?”

Glinda widened her smile and happily said, “Gilda.”