• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 5,553 Views, 261 Comments

As a Family - Dashzilla93



Scootaloo is no longer an orphan and is peacefully back in the caring watch of her mother, Fluttershy. However, Scootaloo ultimately asks her a complicated question: who's her father?

  • ...
8
 261
 5,553

And Conquer Them

Author's Note:

Man, did this take a while. So sorry this took so long, but my editor and I finally got this new monster of a chapter done. This chapter might be darker than others, but it's to establish the villain of this chapter. Anyway, enjoy the new chapter and let me know what you think in the comments. :pinkiehappy:

The sound of gentle wings flapped the air. Fluttershy flew as fast as her wings could take her. She was nowhere near as fast as Rainbow Dash, but she didn't care. She had to muster up as much energy as she can to get back to her home. She had to take another route because of the hoarding crowd around on the bridge near Town Hall. And what better way than to just fly up and over the crowd. She wasn't too fond of heights, but she to do what she must to save her friends and family. She felt bad for leaving them behind and vowed herself to make it up to them later.

'Varan shouldn't be the only one to fight,' Fluttershy thought as she flew passed the cow farm. 'If Marabunda is this strong, then we'll need more claws and teeth.' Fluttershy clenched her hoof that held the whistle and was about to make it back to her cottage. She could only imagine what Big Mac must be doing right now. She wasn't just worried about her family, but she was worried about the apple family, too. Poor Applebloom… She pondered if Applejack got her in time while Big Mac kept Marabunda at bay.


***Ponyville***


A massive fight broke out. The painful sounds of hard hooves slammed against fur and flesh as each strike received either a distressed wait or the assumed sound of bones cracking. In Sugarcube Corner, Scootaloo, Drift, the Rich family and the others who were with them watched in wonder and shock as the Apple family's gentle giant pinned the murderous Marabunda down and assaulted him with a barrage of powerful, relentless punches. Big Mac was on a tirade and the one who caused it was gonna know just how much wrong he was in. Everyone who heard the strikes could only describe them as either bone-breaking jabs or skin-tearing slaps. Whatever Big Mac was doing, they were so glad they were not a victim right now.

*PUNCH, SMACK, PUNCH, SMACK, PUNCH!* was all they could hear as they witnessed Big Mac throwing punch after punch down at Marabunda.

From the left, to the right, to the left again, the irate brother decked the manticore repeatedly in the face and jaw in rageful fury; Each part of Marabunda's face was not gonna be left unnoticed. Big Mac was gonna make sure he received a punch worse than the last. No mercy! No remorse! No chance in Tartarus will he ever let this manticore take another life! Big Macintosh put all his hulking strength into wailing on the manticore until he was unconscious or dead. The only thing he could hear was Marabunda's pained cries and howls -- he was not gonna give him a chance to counter.

In the Ponyville school, a few miles away from Ponyville, the foals of Miss Cheerilee's class were frozen in shock as they witnessed the fight within the town. The hill made it easy to see where it was, but with the distance, it was a somewhat blur to them; some couldn't tell who was winning, but others could tell just by the red dot. Cheerilee, peeping over another window, was gaping in sheer shock from the pillar of strength that Big Mac had within himself. The one time they were possessed by that love poison, she vaguely remembered the strength Big Macintosh had and now she's experiencing it at its fullest -- it was amazing, yet kind of scary. Enough for her to understand why he was acting like this. She had never seen him like this, but she hoped it would end soon. Big Macintosh was a kind soul to her, not a hulking brute. "Big Mac…" she whispered to herself as she heard her students wince and tense their 'oohs' when they heard Big Mac's punches.

Big Mac was so infuriated, he kept his punches up to a point that Marabunda's cheeks started to swell, yelling out a single word with each punch, from the left and right, emphasizing his point to the monster and forcing him to learn this brutal lesson. "No… Creature… Hurts… My… Friends... And... My… SISTERS!" He took a mighty swing to Marabunda's jaw and knocked a tooth out, but he further emphasized with a few kicks on the chest, "Ya'll… are... gonna regret... ever... messin' with us!" A dual front hoof slam to his midsection forced Marabunda to squeal in pain, but Big Mac quickly lifted his head and slammed it against the manticore's forehead. Marabunda went back down and nearly fell into the well.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity for Big Mac, all his built-up anger was spent as the punches and kicks ended. He looked down to see his result and all he saw was a beaten and bruised husk of what was once Marabunda. He would feel proud, but all he felt was satisfaction and relief knowing he avenged his sisters. He kept his gaze down on the manticore like a sniper, just waiting for this idiot to make a move. A few minutes passed and, aside from taking in long, exhausted breaths, Marabunda never attempted to move -- not even twitch a muscle.

Big Mac nodded to himself and turned away then hopped off of the creature. He walked away without ever looking back at his opponent. Everyone was about to cheer at Big Mac's victory, but Marabunda suddenly resurrected himself and sprang up to try and surprise attack the red stallion. He roared in fury as everyone who watched gasped in terror and tried to warn Big Mac, but a precise, well-timed, lucky, powerful buck right between the eyes careened the manticore's head up and caused the beast to nearly cry out in sheer pain before he stumbled back and accidentally fell back and slid into the well, roaring as he fell deep into the well.

Big Mac was rewarded with the sound of a large splash of water that uprooted from the well, letting him know Marabunda landed and was right where he belonged.

He could only guess, but he could barely make out a small sound as he walked away. Marabunda was still alive, but he was squirming to get out. "No point in climbing out of there. There's nothing to grab onto for ya to climb out. You're just stuck there for a long time." Big Mac said as he walked away, but was stopped when he found himself face to face with the giant lizard that fought Marabunda. Varan glued his sights on Big Mac. His posture was calm and collected, yet he was curious and observant. But that didn't mean his presence alone made Big Mac nervous. He may have fought off Marabunda, but he didn't know tit for tat about what this large lizard could do.

"Uh, hey, there, big fella," Big Mac said nervously. "Y-You're Scootaloo's pet, right?" He had to guess. Why else would this monstrous lizard be here? Though, he flinched when the Komodo leaned his head forward upon saying Scootaloo's name.

Scootaloo noticed Varan observing Big Mac and got a cheeky chuckle out of it. As much as it amused her to see everyone around her, her dad included, get nervous and scared reactions out of watching Varan. She knew her pet wasn't gonna do anything unless there was an actual threat. She decided it was best to go out and explain. As she did, she was stopped by her dad placing a worried hoof on her.

"Uh, Scootaloo, you sure it's okay to go out there?" Drift asked, worried if this lizard was as big a threat as Marabunda was, but a chuckling grin and cheerful eyes told him that what he was thinking wasn't the case. He looked confused at her sudden cheerful behavior about this humongous lizard.

"Dad, it's okay, Varan isn't a threat to anyone," Scootaloo motioned to her pet Komodo, "He's a big softy."

Drift wasn't sure of what to think about this. Fighting Marabunda was one thing, but another animal showing up and helping them aid in the fight and not knowing its origin seemed risky. Yet, his daughter knew this thing, somehow. "Okay, so, short story, baby girl," he asked curiously. He was out cold through most of the fight, so, at least one explanation can work.

Scootaloo chuckled and proudly and smugly looked at her father and said, "He's my pet, dad."

That one sentence was more than enough to blow his ever-loving mind. He blinked a few times as he tried so hard to process what he just heard. Her pet? That giant lizard out there is Scootaloo's pet? His baby girl owned a huge mother-bucking lizard?! How? When? Where? So many thoughts rushed through his mind in one go and it gave him such a headache. 'How in the wide world of Equeastria did Fluttershy approved this?' Scootaloo mentioned she owned a pet Komodo, but she didn't specify if it was a baby or not. But seeing her pet that big would make anypony think she's crazy. He looked out the window and got a good look at the size of this thing compared to Big Mac; its head was hunched down a little, but if it stood up it would stand a few inches taller than Big Mac. He nervously pondered if this was actually a Komodo Dragon, he had a few guesses but said to his daughter, "You sure that's a Komodo Dragon? It looks more like a -- Scootaloo?" He looked down only to see his daughter casually walk out of the bakery. "Scootaloo!"

Gallus looked outside the window and eyed the huge lizard, analyzing it. It looked really cool and Scootaloo owned it? "That's one lucky filly. Wish I had a pet like that." He could picture it now: flying in the air with a pet of his own. But what kind of pet would it be? 'Ooo, a flying reptile would be awesome.' He smiled excitedly to himself until a familiar voice called to everyone.

"Okay, what's this talk of a pet I'm hearing?" Smolder asked as she stood on the stairs, held herself steady with one arm against the wall and holding her gut with the other. She was still exhausted and hurt from her fight, but that wasn't enough to bring her down. She snickered as Gallus and Rarity rushed over to her.

"Darling, what are you doing up?" Rarity asked, quite surprised Smolder was back on her feet.

"Yeah, I thought you'd be out cold?"

Smolder snickered as she walked down the steps to meet her friend and professor. Though she had blackish-purple bruises on parts of her body, a slight black eye on the right side of her face and a fat lip, she was more than alive. "It's gonna take more than a Manticore to bring this dragoness down," she proudly boasted, but secretly second thought herself, wondering how she was still able to stand when she felt like some of her insides have been bruised, too. But holding her gut nulled the pain, just a little.

"You should be back in bed, sweetie," Mrs. Cake intervened, concerned for Smolder's well-being and condition. Rarity and Gallus second that notion. Seeing Smolder up like this was worrying, but the young dragoness just shrugged it off stubbornly.

"I'm fine, really," Smolder said as she took the last step down to the floor to meet everyone. She, unfortunately, wobbled a little upon that step but Gallus caught her in time as she looked up to find unsure eyes staring down at her. Smolder smiled cheekily and tried to jokingly play it off like it was no big deal, "Heh, timber?."

Rarity just rolled her eyes, unamused. If Applejack and Rainbow Dash weren't bad enough with their stubbornness, other creatures share the same thing. But she wasn't gonna say anything because she was at fault, too. She mentally shrugged at herself, before asking Smolder worriedly, "Well, since you're up already, how's Spike?" That attack from Marabunda grazed her mind and she had to know if he was okay.

All joking aside, Smolder looked at Rarity worried and unsure. "He's alive, but he isn't moving a muscle," Smolder informed, letting Rarity and Gallus know, but she didn't know much else, "I tried to talk to him, but he never spoke." She tried to keep her composure, but the worry for her brother was beginning to shine as Rarity and Gallus noticed Smolder's eyes became glossy and teary. She was scared and worried about her brother. She knew it was risky fighting Marabunda, but she never thought it would lead to this.

Gallus tried to comment on this, but seeing Smolder hurt made him feel just as bad. He never hung out with Spike all that much, but now that he did, he thought he was actually pretty cool; a total dork, but still cool. And with the knowledge that he and Smolder were long lost siblings, it brought out a softer side of Smolder. Normally, she would hide her true feelings, but since then she's changed and she was more open. Gallus respected Spike for that and it did the same for him, sort of. Gallus didn't know what to do right now, but all he could think of was to keep Smolder close. He looked to Rarity who felt the same way.

Rarity had an equal amount of care for her little Spikey. Granted, she didn't do what Twilight did when she hatched Spike, but like Twilight, Spike was a great assistant and valuable friend. She was aware of his little crush on her, but at a moment like this, that was less important. She looked up at the stairs and had to know something. She looked back at Smolder and told her, "Smolder, I'm gonna check on Spike."

Smolder nodded," Uh, okay?" She didn't know what Rarity had in mind, but she wasn't gonna object.

As Rarity went up, Mrs. Cake informed Smolder about what happened before she woke up, "There is some good news, dear," Smolder looked at Mrs. Cake, curiously, "That awful manticore has finally been defeated."

With that news heard, it brought a small smile to the young dragoness' face, but then she looked to the crowd watching out the windows... only to spot Diamond Tiara and Spoiled Milk. That smile slowly turned into a frustrated snarl.

"Heh, yeah. Big Mac trashed that manticore and tossed him in a well," Gallus said as he snickered. "I doubt he'll be climbing out of there any time soon." But he got no response, "Smolder?" he looked to his friend, but widened his eyes as he caught Smolder giving death glares. "Oh, no..."

Mrs. Cake noticed, too, and figured who she was glaring, "Now, dear, calm down. We all know what they did was wrong and they'll get what's coming to them." she had to calm Smolder down so she would worsen her injuries. But the look Smolder was giving to the filly and mare was nothing but unforgiving. All her worry and grief turned into hate and anger.

Smolder got up. She didn't care how injured she was; she still remembered it was their fault they were all in this mess. And it was because of them, Spike was in a room suffering from the injury he got from that psycho manticore. Even if Gallus and Mrs. Cake pleaded her not to go over to them, Smolder wanted to see them burn for what they did. She tried to move herself off of Gallus, but a squeaky voice caught their attention

Sweetie Belle pumped a hoof, grinning as she squeaked out in joy "Hooray, Big Mac!" Even if that large lizard was out there, she was happier to know that crazy manticore was down and out. Someone had to break the silence and she'd gladly do it.

Applejack was amazed. Comparing her mad episodes, what she just witnessed her older brother do made them look like she was having a decent day and the punches she heard once she rushed inside with Applebloom made her punches look like love-taps more than anything, yet she couldn't prevent herself from gazing back at her brother with a storm of different feelings – shock that he had kept in so much anger all these years; relief that it was finally over; yet she also felt a punch of pride swelling up in her chest after seeing her brother, the strongest Apple Family member of Sweet Apple Acres, had thrashed the living daylights and actually defeated a manticore twice his size with only his bare hooves. "Wow…" She uttered out in shock, "I didn't know he had it in him." She then smiled in joy and joined Sweetie Belle in praising her brother as the others smile widely at such heroic action. "All right Big Mac!!" She didn't jump for joy or anything. Applebloom was still in her arms and she needed to be careful with her. 'Oh, right,' she reminded herself as she looked down at her little sister to check if she was still breathing. She worried to no end, but a light heaving little chest told her she was alive. Applejack smiled in utmost relief, but now she had to get her to a hospital or somewhere. She looked up to find Rarity climbing up the stairs. She raised a confused brow but got up and followed her while still holding Applebloom.

Rainbow Dash grinned. She was stunned he had that kind of firepower in him, but it pleased her to see him let loose on that monster. "Awesome!" She said as she laughed gleefully, "That was totally more than being 20% cooler!" The fight was so epic, it made her want to join back in.

Drift rushed outside to be with his daughter, but when he did he was amazed and shocked to see her casually walk up to Varan and Big Macintosh, then watch her give Big Mac a slight tackle-hug. What was more astounding is that what Scootaloo said about the lizard was right: he really was a softy. As Drift watched the giant lizard nuzzle against his baby girl, Filthy walked out with his family close behind -- most like to get away from the crowd inside the bakery. Drift heard them come out and looked to find Filthy with a proud smile. He didn't know Big Mac all that well and to see him lash out the way he did made him wonder why he wasn't a part of their crew before, but he had to ask Filthy, "What was that all about?" He was amazed, for sure.

He motioned to what he saw before Filthy answered him honestly, "That, ol' Drifter, is 'Protective Older Brother Instinct' at its finest. I'm certain you're familiar with it, right?" He said with a teasing chuckle, knowing he probably hasn't done that with Vinyl, but the faint hesitant blush on Drift face gave him that answer. Filthy motioned to Big Macintosh introduced Drift to his partner-in-business and close friend – relishing that amazed expression on Drift's face, "Meet Big Macintosh, Drift, not only the strongest, hard-working stallion the apple family has on the farm, but he's also one of my business partners and close friend, and, from what he told me before --" he smiled as he looked to Drift, "-- your daughter's big brother figure."

That last bit shocked him the most. He looked to his old comrade in shock before he peered back to Big Macintosh. This startling revelation made him ponder so much that he didn't know what to say. He felt glad this stallion took it upon himself to be a big brother figure for his daughter. Was Fluttershy okay with that? Does she know? He wished he knew, but never did. As bad as it was to leave Fluttershy alone with his child, someone else stepped in and filled in. If it happened, maybe even fill in to become a father-figure for Scootaloo. No way! He was glad that never happened. Fluttershy was his angel and Scootaloo was his flesh and blood. He was happy he found them and now he had to stand up and be the family stallion he had to be.

Well, since Filthy said 'Brother-figure', so he wasn't gonna have an issue over it. After all, Big Macintosh looked like he wasn't the kind of stallion to steal other stallion's mares. 'Gotta admit, big guy's strong as a rhino but he looks like he keeps to himself.' He looked to his daughter and saw her little wings buzzing like crazy and her tail wagging like a puppy tail. She was happy, so he wasn't gonna complain.

Scootaloo smiled when she released Big Mac from her hug, "Big Mac, that was awesome!" she said as she tried to mimic what he did to Marabunda, but failed and only gave straight punches to the air. "You pummeled down that manticore like it was nothing!" She was having a blast with what she saw. This whole day had been nothing but chaos and not the kind Discord would usually like. Yet the action she saw him perform out there remedied that. "And the way you kicked him right in the face, that was so brutal!" It was like watching an action film, only this was real.

Big Macintosh chuckled sheepishly with a sheepish blush to boot, appreciating Scootaloo's enthusiasm yet he felt somewhat embarrassed toward himself – he didn't expect his anger to get the pure better of him like that – if anything, he started to think maybe he overdid it a bit. Oh well, that manticore deserved it all. But words couldn't really describe what he felt. His sisters were hurt by that creature and he just stood there. If it wasn't Marabunda, it was definitely himself who was hurting him. That blind rage was really all he needed to break through his petrified state. "Heh, eeyup." He then looked to Varan who confusedly looked down at Scootaloo as she threw punches in the air. He felt a little awkward, nervous and tense around the big lizard. He didn't know if he was gonna attack or what. He was never good at reading animals, and the only animals he was used to were Winona and a few rabbits that hang around the apple fields. This large lizard was on a whole different ball-game. "Uh, little sugarcube?"

Scootaloo stopped her 'punching' and looked up to Big Mac as he motioned to Varan next to him. Scootaloo chuckled a little and waved a reassuring hoof to her older brother-figure, "Oh, don't worry Big Mac. Varan's a big softy. He's really sweet," her chuckling grew a little as she added which got her big brother to blush, "kinda like you." she casually walked up to Varan like she usually does. "I'll show you." Big Mac tensed up as he watched Scootaloo stand right in front of the big reptile; she better know what she's doing. Even if Varan fought Marabunda, Big Mac wasn't sure if he was a threat or not.

Varan kept his eyes glued onto his young master. After witnessing what occurred with the red horse and his family and friend's killer, he wanted to know if he was a friend or foe. But when young master approached him and embraced him, he had second thoughts. It did amuse him to see young master so excited and giddy. Varan watched young master approach him like she always did and it warmed his soul knowing she still gave him attention. As she stood in front of him, he leaned his head down and immediately nuzzled up to her. Granted, the wounds inflicted on him still hurt, but that didn't stop him from wanting to feel his master's embrace -- and so he was rewarded.

Scootaloo sat on her haunches as Varan rubbed his snout against her and she returned it with a warm hug, shocking not only Big Mac but Drift, Vinyl, Gallus, Smolder, and everyone who watched that had never witnessed Varan before. To them, a little filly hugging the snout of a possibly dangerous animal sparked their fear factors, and wanted her to get away from that thing. Yet, to Scootaloo, it was like any other day. Weird or not, Varan was her pet and she never wanted that to change. While the faces staring at them were scared, Scootaloo was proud. Proud of Varan for standing up to Marabunda.

Scootaloo gently brushed a hoof across his head and smiled proudly, "I was hoping to introduce him to you guys later, but I guess that changed." A little jab at Diamond and Spoiled, but that was the least of her focus right now. "I'm glad he came when he did and helped out. I'm so proud of you, Varan." She gave him another hug on the snout, but Varan just gave a light, calming hiss. He was happy he succeeded in keeping Scootaloo safe.

The sight before him could not be more bizarre and baffling. Of all the animals for a filly to have, he never would've guessed Scootaloo would own a pet like this. He didn't know if she was brave or crazy, but Big Macintosh would need time to process this. Maybe she was telling the truth, "So, is he safe to -- ya know..." he gestured a pet motion to Scootaloo.

Scootaloo looked at Big Mac and nodded, "Oh, yeah, totally. Varan would let ya pet him when he gets to know ya." She looked back to Drift and waved him over, "That same goes to you too, dad."

Did he hear that right? Did his own daughter call him over to introduce him to her pet monster lizard? 'Well, never expected this in my entire life,' he thought to himself as he spoke to her in a bit of volume. "You sure?"

Scootaloo just rolled her eyes nonchalantly and smiled, responding back with a bit of sass, "Yes, daddy. Don't be such a scaredy-cat. He's not gonna bite."

"I can't tell if she's joking or not, and that's very concerning," Filthy said as he and his family looked at Scootaloo very puzzled and very hesitant.

Vinyl rushed out and stood next to Drift with an excited grin, "D-Bro, I don't know what's crazier, those little do-dads you made or the fact that your mini you owns an awesome-looking pet." She gave Drift a good smack on the back, loving the fact she was a part of this family. Hesitation was not processing for Vinyl and before Drift could get a word in, she dashed toward Scootaloo, Big Mac, and Varan.

Drift could only process so much. It took so much to take down Marabunda that it seemed like it would never end, but with the combined might of the dragons, apple and gem family, him and Filthy, and Varan, they finally defeated the rogue manticore and brought peace back to Ponyville. But, something was missing from this picture and he couldn't help but wonder -- then it dawned on him as he gasped in shock, "Where'd Fluttershy run off to?!"


***At the forest behind Fluttershy's Cottage***


Her wings gave out, but she made it. Fluttershy got close enough to the forest area behind her home and plopped on her rump to rest and catch her breath. Her heart raced every second and her ribs felt like they were caving in. Running on hooves or flying with wings, the results were the same: unbearable exhaustion and pain. She had to take a small break, but she still had to do this. She looked at the whistle in her hoof and contemplated using it. She sighed to herself as she collected her thoughts on all this.

This day was supposed to be a peaceful day. Her only goal was to have her daughter have a great day. Spend time with not only her crush but other friends, too. Head to Sugarcube Corner and hang out, only to meet Drift unexpectedly. But the day rewarded all her efforts with not only a happy reunion, but having to get back together with the stallion she loved. It was funny, before, she wanted to hurt him for what he did to her. But now, after seeing him so hurt for what he did, it was as if someone listened and it made her change her mind. Drift had a moral compass and he knew he goofed up and she couldn't be mad at that. She felt so at ease when she got back together with him. But some ponies had to go and ruin that!

She wasn't just exhausted but she was also frustrated to no end. Filthy's wife and daughter are such a hooveful and it begged her to ask how does he put up with them. To top it all off, they used this thing to summon a dangerous rogue into Ponyville. What kind of whistle was this? A magic-wielding whistle? There were so many questions bombarding her mind that she needed to go to Twilight and have her look at this. But for now, it still has one last purpose to fulfill. She glared determinedly up at the forest and nodded, slowly bringing the whistle up to her mouth. If Scootaloo could summon Varan with it, then why doesn't she summon her own aid? She paused and pondered for a moment with the whistle inches from her muzzle, but snapped out of it immediately.

'Please, please for the love of the royal sisters... let this work,' She prayed for this to work out before she took in as much air as her lungs could carry and blew the whistle as loud as she could.

The noise rang across the forest and echoed for a mile. The call was sent and all the air in her lungs was used up. Fluttershy released her muzzle from the whistle and inhaled deeply before glancing out at the forest before her.

She then waited for a response. It took a few minutes, but, thankfully, she didn't need to wait too long as the trees started to shake and the rough noise of branches breaking could be heard. She watched on as the sound of heavy, powerful paws hit the ground. A low, rough, protective growl emitted once she realized who was arriving. Yellow beady eyes were shown before she backed up as her eyes narrowed up to face her summoned animal as it revealed itself to her. A firm frown was all she needed to let her summoned animal know that it was needed for something dire. Both she and her chosen animal were prepared for this.

It was the only chance they had for an even fight with a Manticore from the deepest pits of the Everfree or Tartarus – if they want to win in this fight, they needed a creature with just as much experience in the forest and the right amount of fighting experience to be evenly matched.

With its familiar bulky form lumbering its way toward Fluttershy, it growled lightly. Seeing Fluttershy look so serious only meant one thing, there wasn't much time for pleasantries. In fact, there were no words needed; just by exchanging equally firm looks, the message was received: She needed his help ASA-NOW. Fluttershy was too exhausted to fly back to Ponyville, but with the help of her summoned animal, he easily lifted her onto his back as he made a mad dash to Ponyville letting out a loud, intimidating, growl-like roar; Fluttershy held on tight as he did.


***Ponyville***


"So, this is Varan?" Vinyl asked Scootaloo as she lifted her shades over her horn to get a better look. She was all for this! No one in her family ever had a pet like this and it really intrigued her. Though, Varan didn't pay any mind to her as he didn't really think much of her. No threat, no issue. That went the same with Big Macintosh, too.

Although, for the stallion's case, the red horse did just beat the daylights out of the murderer of his kind in a fit of rage. And judging by how apparently close his Young Master is with the stallion, the red pony was friends with her. For this act, he was grateful because he, in a way, helped him get rid of that beast and avenged his family and friends.

Scootaloo blushed sheepishly and rubbed the back of her head, "Heh, yup, Auntie Vinyl. This is Varan. My pet komodo and best friend." She tried to impress her aunt with that little introduction to make him sound very cool. But, that didn't really take much.

Varan took a moment to give a proud appearance for Vinyl as Scootaloo showed him off, humoring his young master before leaning his head towards Big Mac once more. The stallion winced when he did, understandable since they were meeting for the first time – but his owner was correct, he wasn't going to bite him, he was merely going to give him a little sign of his gratitude. He gently pressed his left scaly cheek against the stallion's right one and lightly nuzzled him for a bit, emitting what sounded like growl-like purrs out of his throat. The expression on his face read only relief, peace and thankfulness.

Scootaloo noticed and snickered up a storm while her big brother figure looked both confused on what he was doing and a bit terrified that he was this close to him. She saved him by explaining quickly, "My best buddy's thanking you for helping defeat that stupid Manticore, Marabunda."

Big Mac was a bit stumped, but since Scootaloo said this huge lizard won't hurt them in any way, and was merely showing him gratitude for aiding in defeating that beast, he quickly understood and took it as the lizard continued to gently rub cheeks with him in a nuzzling matter. "Um… y-you're welcome, big fella." With that acknowledgment, Varan soon backed off and ceased his growling purrs.

Sweetie Belle was amazed at seeing this reptile display such emotion, but she also pouted when she heard what Scootaloo said about him being her best friend. She squeaked out as she approached them, "Scootaloo, I thought Applebloom and I were your best friends?" she teased, of course. But, she wanted to see if she could manipulate this tactic and hopefully get something.

Scootaloo just raised a brow and playfully rolled her eyes, smirking lightly as she saw through her tactic, "Sweetie Belle, you and Applebloom have been my best friends since day one," Yeah, that manipulation tactic failed. "Don't turn this into a soap opera episode." That got a silent laugh out of Vinyl when she noticed Sweetie Belle blush in embarrassment and defeat.

But, then it dawned on them and Big Mac what they really needed to do, "Applebloom!" The sudden shout made Varan flinch before he saw his young master and friends rush to the building they came out of earlier. The last thing Varan heard from Scootaloo was "I hope Spike is okay!" before disappearing inside.

"Well, that was a little quick to the draw?" Vinyl said as she watched her niece and friends head back passing Drift, the rich family, and Gallus and Smolder who recently walked out. She then narrowed her eyes back at Varan who looked confused. "Eh, don't worry, big guy, she's just checkin' on her friend and crush."

Varan gazed down at Vinyl still confused, but shrugged it off. It wasn't the first time he's seen his young master run around like a hyperactive lemming.

Vinyl examined Varan and saw a lot of claw marks on him. That fight was sure something and he took all those hits like a champ, "Gotta say, you're one tough lizard. Haven't seen anything like ya, but I'm glad you're one of us." Varan didn't give much of a response but he gave what seemed like a little smile towards her as if to agree with her about being tough. He then placed his arms down and rested his head to take a breather. His wounds didn't seem too serious – nothing a few days of rest and relaxation couldn't handle to allow them to heal up.

Drift would follow after his daughter, but there were so many things going on at once, he didn't know where to start first. Fluttershy's disappearance, Scootaloo's pet, and then Marabunda's defeat at the hooves of Big Mac. This had been one crazy day.

Filthy, however, had his gaze on his family. Now that Marabunda was taken care of, it was high time his wife and daughter had their punishments. He was rightfully mad and they knew it.

Even if he was mad, Spoiled still spoke up. Her snooty behavior was not in play, this time. No, she threw that away when she realized how wrong of a scenario she was in. The fact that she put her own daughter in this situation just made things worse for her. She guiltily said, "H-Honey, we--"

"Don't," he sternly said to her and caused her to back down. Diamond was in no room to talk because she felt like she'd make things worse. "Just don't. Both of you have caused all this mess to begin with." If there were any paperwork involved in any of this, then he would have to deal with all of it. He rubbed his forehead to try and soothe his stress, but that barely worked. "I can't believe you two would do something like this!"

Gallus and Smolder watched as Silver Spoon sat next to them. They had no intention of stopping Filthy. And why would they? They were enjoying the scolding Diamond and Spoiled got -- especially Silver Spoon. With how they treated her, this was wholesome revenge served on a silver platter to her. Seeing them shake in fear reminded her so much of what Scootaloo did when she glared those eyes at her. It felt good to not be on the receiving end, this time.

Diamond and Spoiled just stood there and took it, refusing to speak after what they did.

Filthy stamped a hoof and glared daggers at them, "Do you have any idea what you two have done? No, scratch that, you don't." he thrust his hoof at Sugarcube Corner, pointing up to where Spike is. "Answer me this: who is in that room badly hurt?" He asked sternly. "Who is in that room incapacitated from an attack caused by that monster you two summoned?!"

Spoiled and Diamond hesitated to answer because they were so scared, but Diamond had to be the big girl and answer her father, albeit shaking in her hooves and near tears, "S-Spike?"

Filthy widened his eyes and let all his anger out on them, which it got some attention from onlookers who stayed and watched the fight, "Yes! Spike!" he yelled to near tears himself. "Spike Sparkle! Princess Twilight Sparkle's son!" Spoiled and Diamond flinched as they backed up but still received the full blast of Filthy's rage. Gallus, Smolder, and Silver even flinched from the soul-rattling scream, "That monster you two summoned harmed the princess's son! I can pay off the medical bills for the Apple family and fix what happened to that poor dragoness over there -- " he pointed at Smolder who looked back at him confused, but didn't say a word, so she wouldn't interrupt anything "-- but with how bad Spike is hurt, all of Twilight's fury is gonna go onto me!" The irate rich stallion flared his muzzle, "Because of your idiotic decision, I'm going to get blamed and get in trouble! Everything you two do always comes back to me and I have to pay for it! We may be rich, but money doesn't grow on trees!"

Drift tried to go up to his friend to calm him down, but Vinyl placed a hoof on his shoulder and shook her head. They deserved to get chewed out like this. Though, in the back of her mind, she would've liked to see that terrible mother get the full force of that scolding. She's not a mother, and she doesn't plan on being one anytime soon, but she had an uneasy feeling that Diamond should a least get some slack; she was a kid, after all.

Filthy heaved short, quick breaths and tried not to cry in front of his family, but the decision they made may have cost them so much to pay off that they might lose everything. He turned around to regain his composure, but when he did he could hear Diamond sob. He knew that was a little much for his daughter to handle but he didn't care. His wife and daughter put everyone at risk and now he had to face the consequences. Not only that, but he tore himself apart for getting drunk that one day and showing Spoiled that cursed whistle. He should've destroyed it long ago, but it was too late. He took a moment to think before gazing back at a guilt-aching Spoiled Milk and a destroyed Diamond Tiara.

He recalled those things they said about his family being higher than other ponies just made him sick to his stomach. So, he was gonna change that, soon. Jail was out of the question because they weren't gonna learn anything in an empty cell, so, a different way had to suffice. An idea quickly made itself known to him.

He looked to and pointed a frustrated, shaky hoof at his wife and daughter and sternly said through angry breaths, "You two... you two are going to therapy. What you two said and what you two believe in, that's not what this family is about. By saying what you said to our friends gave us a bad reputation and tarnished the Rich name. Our business is to make steady, balanced and strong relationships with other businesses to make good profits and make everyone happy. Teamwork and friendship are key in this business and to act like the way you two did just might as well damage it!" But then he glared at his wife. He married her because he loved her and thought she was the one for him, but this act broke his heart and lost his trust in her. If she so much as said or did anything to other business partners that might've tarnished anything he worked so hard and strived for, then he had more work on his back to do. "Spoiled Milk, when we get home, you and I are making some calls."

Spoiled Milk just nodded through her shaken body. She loved her husband very much and she'd do anything to gain his trust and love back. She felt like therapy would've been taken too easy on her, but she'll take that over divorce.

Then he looked to his daughter. To think, his own flesh and blood would follow in her mother's hoofsteps that it actually led to something he didn't want to see. He was hoping to take his kin down the right path and teach her the right ways so she can carry on the Rich legacy, and that same would go to Silver Spoon, too. But now, here she was going down the wrong path with her mother. He should've been there with her more so she could learn to befriend other ponies instead of treating them like doormats; Silver Spoon almost went down that path but she came to her senses and went to him. To say he was disappointed was an understatement. "Diamond Tiara. You, young lady, will not only go to therapy with your mother, but the amount of allowance you make will drop to the amount every other fillies and colts make. You will not be treating them like they're beneath you anymore." She nodded once, understanding and not making any effort to argue with him. He hated to put pressure on his daughter, but she had to learn from this immediately. He sighed and shook his head as he looked down at his daughter, "Young lady, I'm furious and extremely disappointed with you!"

Diamond could only look down in shame, her ears folded down as she tried to make her eyes stop leaking, but the tears just kept on coming. She messed up big time – but to hear that all of this heat will go to her father, one of the most powerful yet loving parents she had, made her feel sick to her stomach. It was true, every time something happened, he was the one that tried to fix it – but the damages done today may as well put them in bankruptcy and out on the streets. She sighed in sadness and regret as she quietly answered her father, acknowledging his justified fury with her and her mother. "I know, daddy…" She winced deeply as he continued to speak, but she felt a cold chill throughout her body when he jabbed the following words into her and her mother.

"Do you know what would happen if Spike ends up dead? Twilight may as well throw all of us into prison or banish us to who knows where or even slam us to Tartarus, in her fury!" He pierced into them, stressing how serious this is. He was rightfully scared of what Twilight would do once she got word of what happened to her son. "What's worse: you didn't even have one shred of regret, at all!"

Diamond whimpered and sobbed a bit, "I'm sorry, daddy… I really am! I really didn't mean for this to happen at all!" But she knew that it was going to take more than an apology to fix what has happened. All she wanted was to get back at Scootaloo, that's it. She never anticipated Marabunda would even go for the ponies around them.

Filthy only sighed and decided not to go any deeper, knowing his daughter knew full well that she was wrong and she was going to take her punishment. "Next time, Diamond Tiara… think before you act. No more of this selfish nonsense." He narrowed his eyes slightly down at her. "Do you understand me?" He uttered in a serious, yet also venomous tone, making sure this time she got his point.

She whimpered once more but nodded her head while looking down, her tears flowing like fountains. She got his point loud and clear. And this time, she was going to listen to him. "Yes, daddy…"

He nodded firmly and exhaled, his shoulders slouching. His anger finally drained, for the moment. These two will have to work hard to get any other affection or trust from him without a doubt, but if he had to suffer, they had to, too.

Though Diamond felt guilty for what she did, Spoiled felt even worse when Filthy brought up Spike. Not only was she not thinking, but she didn't take into account that Spike was Twilight's son. If anything, children of the higher-ups should deserve respect; Spoiled knew this. But now that Spike is injured from their mistakes, she may as well be treated like dog feces from Twilight. This whole scenario was a nightmare. And to make matters worse, she put her own daughter into the mix, too. She realized this was her own fault, not Diamond's; she had to say something to Filthy. Make him see that Diamond doesn't need therapy... she'll need to stay away from her.

But, for now, Filthy needed time to recuperate from that emotional rampage. Spoiled leaned to Diamond and motioned her over to an empty bench away from Sugarcube corner. If they kept their distance, maybe they won't be a burden to them. They've caused enough damage for today. But, the idea of sparing Diamond still stood strong with Spoiled.

Filthy watched but didn't stop them. He was in no mood to talk to them anymore. He grabbed his head from the tension he put on himself for blowing up on them, but they deserved it. He couldn't tell what was more of a headache; then again, what wasn't these days.

Vinyl and Drift winced a little at Filthy's rampage and were hesitated to speak to him, but after Drift pushed his step-sister's hoof away, he approached Filthy and reached a hoof for his old friend, "Y-You gonna be okay, Moneybags?"

A sharp inhale through the nostrils was heard from Filthy but he had no more anger at the moment to spend, the stress and fury were still there, but he already said his piece. He calmly spoke to his old friend, responding to his question. "We'll see…" He knew one thing's for sure – explaining this to Twilight and therapists was going to be Tartarus itself.

"That was quite a rant you threw at them," Drift said in a slight concerned tone. He looked to the mother-daughter duo sitting next to one another depressed, but he had to say something. He looked to Filthy, "Hey, moneybags, is it okay if I tell ya something?"

Filthy didn't glace or even turn a dime, but he listened clearly to him, even though he really wasn't in any mood, "What?"

He smiled a bit and gave him a little advice, "Now, I know what your daughter did was wrong, but --" oh, wrong was not the right word to choose for what they did "-- I would've gone easy on her. She was just doing what--"

"Drift, stop!" Filthy barked, causing Drift to flinch in shock. "I don't wanna hear it. I know we're friends and all, but I don't need another getting into my family business." He snorted in frustration. "I don't want any advice from someone who doesn't know a thing about being a father."

Drift paused and felt a bit of resentment. He was only trying to help, but he didn't want to make the situation worse, so, he just spoke in a serious tone to Filthy, "But I'm willing to learn, Filthy." Filthy's ears perked up as he just realized the error of what he said and looked at his friend with regret, sorrow, and guilt in his eyes. In the midst of all his anger and rage, he completely forgot that Drift was a father, too. Now he felt like a total jerk.

"Oh, Drift, forgive me. I didn't mean anything by that. I was just --"

Drift placed a hoof on Filthy's muzzle and quickly got him to shut up. If he was gonna keep doing this to himself, Drift would have to scold him, "Moneybags, relax, please," Drift moved his hoof away from Flithy, "Take slow, deep breaths and calm down."

Filthy did just as such and calmed down well enough to listen to Drift.

"Okay, as I was saying...."


*With Spike*


Rarity worriedly came up to the bedroom door that Spike was resting behind. She stood there and paused in thought. She could only imagine the pain he must be in right now. Smolder said he hadn't moved or answered when she tried to talk to him. Would he react the same? Well, it was good news knowing he was still alive, but that attack left by that awful manticore was so brutal to watch. She then recalled his little crush on her and wondered, 'Maybe I can use that to get his attention. I know it's a little odd of myself to do that, but if he wasn't gonna answer Smolder. Maybe he can answer me?' It was worth a shot. She leaned her head forward and poked her head inside. Her ears perked when she heard a light, pained groan from her friend. Her eyes twinkled with glee; Granted, it wasn't the most pleasant thing to hear, but it was slight music to her ears knowing he was alive. Thank Celestia.

Pain. That's all Spike could feel. Of all the things that could've happened today, this had to be it. He would've loved to just sit around and talk with friends and family; get to know them a little more. Heck, he only found out Smolder was his sister a couple of days ago and it still blew his mind. Then, he would've gotten the chance to hang out with his crush today. Today would've been great if it weren't for those rotten ponies calling that psycho manticore. His body was durable enough to withstand blunt force, reflect needles and endure claw marks. But this? Being pierced by a manticore's stinger was the most painful thing he had ever experienced. Describing it was difficult, but he could only imagine being covered under a rockslide, bitten by a cragadile or some other third thing to inflict pain would be cake compared to this. Marabunda stung him hard, but the pain was so bad he couldn't tell exactly where the crazed manticore stung him. To make matters worse, he couldn't move; not even give a single twitch. Only facing the other bed Smolder was laying in. Just what did that beast's poison do? He felt bad for not answering his sister, but he didn't want to risk anything else. He didn't know if the poison affected his voice, or what. Paranoia set in and thoughts of the worse just lingered around him. His body was aching, but his mind ached of frustration, annoyance, and fear. he closed his eyes and waited for anything to happen. A single tear dropped from his eye. He waited until something did happen; though what he expected was more of a huge surprise.

"Spikey-Wikey?" She gingerly called to him as she walked into the room.

His eyes bugged out and his irises shrank. That warm, beautiful voice; of all the voices, he didn't expect to hear her gentle yet proper speech again. After what he had gone through, he completely forgot she and the others came to help them fight back against Marabunda. The last thing he could remember was being on the ground before passing out. He would've expected Smolder, again, Scootaloo, Pinkie Pie, or his own mother -- any gods above who listened he'd praise if it wasn't Twilight. But, Rarity? He was thrilled, genuinely happy. The motivation he needed came to him and he took a shot and tried to move any muscle that would cooperate -- or at least try and speak. After such a thrashing, he spoke as his shoulders slowly rose and lowered, giving her a sign he's still kicking.

"R-Rarity?" His voice cracked out a little, yet she heard him clearly. He was able to speak; that was a relief for both of them.

She almost sobbed in relief as she approached the bed, her forehead dipping down to meet the soft cushioning of the bed itself – she was deeply relieved to hear his voice, and to see he was still breathing. "Oh, thank goodness…"

"R-Rarity… you're back… from your trip. W-what happened?" He tried to move his head to look at her, but his stupid muscles would've co-operated with him. He didn't know which was more of a pain: moving his muscles or the literal pain coursing through his body. He growled in frustration, but ultimately stopped when he felt the gentle touch of hooves grab his head and shift it so he can face his company. Her arms moved and he gazed up to her, his eyes regaining some life in them as he looked at the beauty in front of him. Though he appreciated her help, it was still awkward she had to do it; best to keep his mouth shut about that. But when he saw her, he slightly whimpered in worry, recalling Smolder had left earlier, "W-Where's Smolder?" He asked as he tried to get his muscles to work, again; only his mouth was working and that's it. He struggled to get moving, but the pain was unbearable. He had so many things he needed to know and do. He couldn't just lay there and do nothing. He instantly felt himself calm down a little when a gentle touch of a white hoof brushed across his spines; suddenly, he didn't feel the pain as much. Spike let out a soft coo; even to this day, Rarity still had that soft touch. It was very useful since it overlapped the pain. He momentarily forgot everything -- including the pain -- and focused on the gentle rubbing go to his head.

Rarity gently stroked his head spines to calm him down as she cooed in his ear to comfort him, "Shh, shh… don't strain yourself, darling. Everything's okay now. That beastly beast has been taken care of, for now, at least." She nodded before adding to relieve him of his worry. "Smolder is okay, she's just downstairs with the others. Poor thing is still a little bruised, but she's remarkably still standing."

He sighed in relief once he heard that, he was grateful to know his sister is alright and the danger is over. "Thank Celestia," He grunted a little as he attempted to move a little, but try as he might, he could only manage to twitch some parts of his body. "What happened?" He groaned a bit in pain, "I feel just as sore as when I belly-flopped on lava in the Dragonlands." And that one wasn't fun from how he remembered.

She winced as she explained to him what had occurred in battle after he had passed out, "That vicious brute stung you and you blacked out shortly before your sister followed suit from the terror… but thankfully, Applejack, her family, Sweetie Belle and I got the two of you out of there." She looked worried as she gazed to his back, finding the hole left by Marabunda. She shuddered at the sight, but was relieved Marabunda missed any vital spots, "Although, the mark that beast left on you is ghastly…" just between his ribcage; it looked bad, but she was still glad he was alive. Her worry turned to relief, grateful to see he's okay, giving him a loving smile. "I'm just happy you're still alive." She came closer to him and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek.

Spike only had a faint blush and a soft smile from the kiss, having grown used to the small affection from Rarity, the both of them sharing a tender little nuzzle.

"I thought we lost you," Rarity lowered her ears as her eyes looked a bit shiny and glossy; she desperately tried to prevent her tears from becoming visible, trying very hard not to break down in front of Spike. She couldn't help it – she had been worried out of her mind for him and was terrified at the thought of nearly losing him. She was more than glad he was going to be alright. If they lost him, she would be an emotional wreck – to her and the rest of their friends, Spike is considered an invaluable and irreplaceable friend.

Spike smiled nonchalantly and waved his left claw, trying to play it cool like his sister did, "Nah… takes more than a manticore sting to keep down this dragon." He winked as if trying to humor her. But he ultimately saw her with a shocked, silent look on her face. He didn't know why she had that sudden look, but he looked at his arm to find he had control over it. It was back!

"M-My arm, I can feel it!" but only just his arm. How? It was incapacitated just moments ago. What's going on? He looked to Rarity to see if she had any explanations, but...

She sniffled and took a small opportunity to gently hugged him, whimpering lightly. Good! He got some feeling back. But her worries still lingered over her, and she said, "Just… please, don't put yourself in danger like that again, Spikey-Wikey… if we lost you and couldn't save you, Twilight would never forgive us." That was an understatement. Spike was Twilight's son, and his safety was very important to the princess. "And we've had enough hurt souls for one day, especially with your upcoming neighbor."

He blushed and smiled a bit sheepishly as wrapped his resurrected arm around Rarity. But being his joking self, again, he jokingly said, "No promises," Before he heard her say something about a neighbor, "Neighbor? What happened?"

Rarity sighed sadly, looking down as she explained what went on when he was unconscious, what she told him got him to worry as much as her, "Poor little Applebloom got struck by that heartless brute. She's hurt very badly."

Spike looks concerned and tried to get up but winced as his arm muscles spasmed a bit; his other arm was about to be resurrected. She tried to place him back down to rest, "She's not… p-please tell me she isn't—"

"She's still alive, darling." She quickly reassured him. "Thank Celestia," She muttered to herself, she then explained, "She just needs to be tended to quickly. And hopefully, you, Smolder and Applebloom will be right as rain."

Spike sighed in utmost relief but gave her his own reassuring, "I'm okay, I don't need any treatment…" He lifted his other arm and soon wiggled his toes as he slowly found feeling coming back to his muscles. "I just need to let the feeling get back to my muscles." Though, that being said, he found out where he had been stung and it felt like he was stabbed in the back by a stalagmite.

Rarity noticed the jery motion on his back and saw the pained look on his face. She quietly rolled her eyes at his stubbornness. He may be sweet and helpful, but he was still a dragon as always. She chuckled a bit and teased him for the heck of it, "Feeling something else, darling?"

He felt the spot hit home and it wasn't being too nice. He blushed when she made that remark and hoped she wasn't making some kind of innuendo out of this, "Rarity, that's not funny!" Spike cringed from the now located injury. If it wasn't his whole body, this spot on his back was way worse. Uncomfortable, even.

She couldn't help but make a little joke to lighten the mood. But, all jokes aside, She pouted and set him straight as she said, "You may need some type of treatment for that ghastly hole in your back" But then she blinked in thought when he said what he had said. He only lost feeling in his muscles? She looked confused, "Wait… you mean you don't feel any pain other than from your tussling with that manticore?"

Spike powered through the pain from that sting wound as he looked up to his former crush, "Uh, yeah? Before you showed up, my whole body felt like it was asleep. I couldn't move an inch and all I could feel was nothing but pain." Now that she mentioned it, he recalled being in Fluttershy's class one day as an assistant and the lesson had something to do with venom. Cobra, Wasp, Bugbear and even Manticore. If he remembered right, when a manticore stings an unlucky victim with their scorpion tail, the venom injected attacks the nervous system but doesn't stop the blood; they'll feel pain, but it's very rare for nanycreature to die from it. tMarabunda stung him and he couldn't move for a while. He didn't feel poisoned, at all, but he still felt the effects. "But now, I'm starting to get feeling back. Slowly, but I sure don't feel like I'm dyin'," he joked, but the pain he felt sure wasn't. "Ack! Yet this pain in back kind of feels like I got stabbed with a dull knife and then I forgot how to use my muscles." that's as best he could describe it, but it gave Rarity some clues as to how strong this venom might be.

Rarity took a look at his wound and winced but also noticed where it ended up, "That beast missed your spine and only got under your ribcage…" just saying that ghastly description made her churn a bit. But, it still made her wonder just how that venom worked. If Fluttershy was here, she'd crack this case easily. But, it was fascinating nonetheless. She considered herself a detective, but a case like this was a challenge. "Hmm, I wonder," she took a moment to put pieces together and came up with a, somewhat, theory, "Perhaps Marabunda's venom is weaker than we thought."

Spike blinked at looked at her confused, "Is… there such a thing…" Spike grunted as he started to ask, contemplating what was going on as he carefully managed to actually sit up. "…as a Manticore having weak venom?" If anything, it felt like a bad bugbear sting at its worst. And instead of poisoning him, it almost felt like that Marabunda may have actually… just temporarily paralyzed him.

The realization hit them like a ton of bricks. Marabunda - the toughest creature they ever faced without Twilight being around to help - despite being strong and persistent, had revealed a major flaw. Granted, it wasn't the kind to help out in a fight to win against him, but it was a flaw no doubt.

While he spent years in the wild training up his body and improving his strength, he, of all things, forgotten to train the venom in his tail and maybe the tail, itself!

This revelation sparked interest within the unicorn and dragon. And this information would no doubt be told to the others, if the theory was correct, "Spike… I think we just found out Marabunda's little weakness, if that dastardly monster dares try to escape his confinement." Rarity smirked, now having a good idea to tell the others what she and Spike had learned. She looked to him affectionately, "Even on top of a bed temporarily paralyzed, you still manage to solve unexpected mysteries," She rewarded him with another kiss, which made him smile like a dope. She then heard the hoofsteps of Applejack coming in and placing Applebloom on the bed where Smolder used to lay – momentarily not noticing Spike was conscious – Rarity then looked to Spike. "I shall return shortly, darling. The others simply must hear about this advantage. You just keep resting for a while." She had to tell their friends immediately. She then decided to have a little moment to tease him as she smiled knowingly and sent a wink in his direction when he tried to get up – most likely to deny her request of continuing to rest- and leaned in to whisper. "And FYI, Scootaloo was ve-eee-eeery concerned about you when you went unconscious."

Spike's face glowed bright pink as his eyes widened a bit while Rarity gave a little giggle at the expression on his face.

"R-Really?" the young dragon asked as Rarity heard hoofsteps coming.

"Why, yes," She looked to Applejack and requested, "Applejack, be a dear and watch over Spike, I have some news to tell the others."

Applejack just looked at her confused as all heavens before she noticed Spike had sat up on his bed, "Whoa, hey Spike, I almost -- wait, I thought you were out cold?" the southern mare wondered, receiving an awkward chuckle out of Spike. She was glad to see he wasn't, but that strike Marabunda gave him should, at least, conked him out for a while.

"I'll explain as best as I can," Spike said as Rarity walked away right as Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle burst the door open, catching their attention.

"Applebloom, Spike!" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo said before Scootaloo made a mishap of wanting to jump over Sweetie Belle and Fly to whoever she could see. And she saw Spike alive and well right in front of her, but the timing to stop was not in her favor.

Spike widened his eyes in shock and Scootaloo gasped in shock. They never had a second to react Scootaloo crashed onto Spike and forced him back down on the bed, lying on top of him.

Applejack and Sweetie Belle cringed and winced before they glanced at the result of that awkward crash.

They both felt a little dizzy upon impact, though the pain Spike experienced before jolted right back and he tried so hard to stay strong and fight it like a champ; that hole in his back will take longer to heal now. Guess karma loved messing with him -- he'll get back for this, one way or another.

Scootaloo thought Spike was still laying in bed in sheer pain; she did not expect him to be up this soon. Marabunda speared and knocked him out; even for a dragon, he should be out from that attack. Either way, she was happy he was awake and the spot she was on was surprisingly warm and comfy and oddly rough on a few places. She momentarily forgot why she jumped over Sweetie Belle; whatever the Cakes did to this bed, it was really --

Wait, rough spots? Beds don't have rough spots! Scootaloo came to her senses and snapped her eyes wide open. She lifted herself and gazed down to see where, or who, she was on. She heard Sweetie Belle try to hold in her chuckling, but it was obvious she wanted to laugh. Scootaloo glared small daggers at her and blushed brightly when she realized she was on top of Spike. Of all the awkward situations she had to be in, why'd it have to be this one?

Spike faired no better either as he glanced into the eyes of his new crush. He tried not to be very awkward about this, but he couldn't help but think that Scootaloo's fur was very soft.

"Uh, hey," breaking the silence between the two, Scootaloo smiled sheepishly while Sweetie Belle tried not to laugh, almost forgetting about Applebloom.

Applejack noticed this little rough house, but she was too fixated on trying to help her little sister feel better. She would intervene, but something told her those two need to talk things out. Then again, Scootaloo needed to get off of Spike, right now.

Spike glanced at Scootaloo with warm, sparkling eyes. It hadn't been a few months since he developed this crush on her. He didn't know how or why this happened; it just showed up out of nowhere. It took him some time to get over his puppy love of Rarity, but now it re-emerged and hooked onto Scootaloo. Was it because she loved sports, was it because she was a tomboy, or was it because of something else. Every time he hung out with her, it felt like he found something that was missing in his life. While Rarity did show affection to him, it was more of a caring affection. Scootaloo showed something else. Something he figured out but didn't know how to say it.

"H-Hey, yourself," Spike tried to smile, but the weight from Scootaloo sandwiching him between her and the bed kind of made him uncomfortable and the pain from the hole in his back didn't fare any better. "Um, Scootaloo, think you can --"

Scootaloo gasped and looked down to realize he was still injured and she was making it way worse than usual, "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry, Spike.* Quickly, she rolled off of Spike as he sat right back up to hold his back. Needless to say, Applejack, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo saw the hole in his back; how it wasn't bleeding was beyond them.

"Okay, no, that needs to be wrapped up, now," Applejack sternly said as she looked for a first aid kit. "First Spike and Smolder and now my little sister? Those two ponies have done it now."

Spike tried to assure Applejack that he was fine and that his wound will heal on its own, but Applejack was having none of it and acted like that stern mother who demanded their kids not fight back. Spike sighed in defeat and was immediately reminded of his own mother.

Sweetie Belle chuckled when Scootaloo approached her, not to enthused by that, "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing," Sweetie Belle said as she walked away to go check on Applebloom. While it was funny to see Scootaloo topple onto Spike, she still worried about Applebloom. And as shocking as it was to see her get swat like a bee, she and Scootaloo were happy to see she was still breathing. Applebloom was bruised from hoof to head, but she was breathing steady breaths.

Spike noticed Applebloom's condition and felt just as bad as the others. He was durable enough to last longer in a fight, but Applebloom looked like she suffered more than that. He didn't see what happened to her, but from looking at Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle she must've been through something rough. "Just what did I miss while I was out?"

Finding a first aid kit in a drawer under a tabletop, Applejack brought it to Spike and opened it to find gauze. With no time to waste, she went to work on Spike while mentally wondering why Rarity didn't stay to help out. "Ya missed quite a lot, sugarcube." Applejack said while trying to wrap the gauze around Spike's midsection.

"What happened?" Spike asked curiously while he held the gauze in place.

Scootaloo took over and explained what all went down while Applejack tended to Spike.


***outside***


"And that's why I think you should go easy on Diamond, Filthy," Drift said, receiving glossy eyes from Filthy.

He had to take a moment to soak all that in. Maybe he had a point. While Filthy had been a father for so long, he nearly had forgotten some core details. In all his anger, now he felt bad for lashing out at Diamond. He craned his head back to Spoiled and Diamond. He sighed softly and looked to Drift. "Drift, I may have been wrong about you. Maybe you do know more than what you lead on."

"Ha! Moneybags, I'm still learning myself. It's only been a couple of hours since I've been an actual father," that much was true and he laughed for calling himself out. "But, I'll leave you to your family so you can talk things out with your mare."

Filthy nodded and got up to go talk to his wife.

'Speaking of a mare, where's mine?' Drift wondered as Pinkie Pie called him, Vinyl, Gallus, and Smolder back, leaving the Rich family to do what they needed to do. Silver Spoon stayed behind and joined her family in that personal talk.

Smolder and Gallus had no idea why Pinkie would call them in, but they did as they're told. As much fun as it was watching Spoiled and Diamond get their flanks chewed out, maybe sitting inside would be good for them.

Drift walked in last before everyone was gathered around while Rarity stood in the center of the main hall, "What's up, dresses?" He didn't know Rarity all that well, so a nickname felt more accurate for him.

Varan walked up to Sugarcube Corner, but slinked to the window to the left and curled up for a good rest, ignoring the shocked Rich family a good distance away.

Gilda, Rainbow Dash, the cake family, Pinkie, and those in the barely-standing bakery all listened closely while Rarity did what she could to explain what she discovered.

"Okay, so, we all don't know where Fluttershy went to, so she can't be here to confirm this."

Drift tilted his head in confusion as to why she'd bring his girl up to confirm something. But, yes, they all had no idea, but what did that have to do with this?

"Uh, Rarity, why would Fluttershy need to --"

"Hush, Dash. I'm not done," Rarity cleared her throat and went on. "Okay, first off all, Spike is doing fine upstairs. My sister, Applejack and Scootaloo are tending to him and Applebloom as we speak." Though, Big Mac was already heading up the stairs to meet them.

Smolder smiled a bit, relieved to hear her brother is doing okay and up and about, "That's good to know. I knew my bro would walk out of this." She had no doubt Spike would get out of this strong and proud.

"That's the thing, Smolder," Rarity retorted. "Do you remember what Fluttershy taught you in class two weeks ago? That same goes to you too, Gallus."

Both Gallus and Smolder reeled back in surprise and looked at each other bewildered. A lesson Professor Fluttershy taught them? They didn't exactly what lesson Rarity was referring to. Fluttershy taught them a lot about animals, but they couldn't recall what the lesson was about. The friendship school was fascinating and they loved to learn about friendship, but what made Fluttershy so unique was her decision to teach them about many different species of animals and what they do in life. On the day they were in Fluttershy's class, she brought up...

"I think I do," Gallus replied, everyone else listened thoroughly. "She taught us about how some animals have different ways of defending themselves."

Smolder perked her head and recalled that, "Hey, yeah. I remember. Fluttershy also showed us one of her animal friends as an example. I think it was a --" both young griffon and dragon widen their eyes in surprise from this revelation as the both of them hastily blurted out.

"--Scorpion!"

Rarity smiled proudly as she nodded in approval of their answer. With Fluttershy momentarily absent, her knowledge would've certainly passed down to the students. And it paid off so well.

"Well, that's convenient," Gilda said, surprised and now even more curious as to what Rarity was going on about.

Rainbow Dash was the same way. She scratched her head cluelessly as to what this had to do with anything they're dealing with.

"Uh, I hate to be that kind of pony, but where are you going with this, Rarity?" Vinyl asked confused, probably asking what everyone else was thinking.

While proud of the students for figuring out what she was trying to say, Rarity had to explain it in a different way to the others, "Sorry, Vinyl. What I'm getting at is that, Marabunda struck Spike in the back with that ghastly stinger--" just saying that made her not want to think of that, and she's pretty sure the others don't want to be reminded "-- but I checked on him minutes ago; he's moving just fine now; he wasn't earlier." Saying all of this just made Vinyl, Pinkie and Rainbow confused. But Rarity rambled on, "Judging by the amount of time given right when the beast struck him up until now--"

"It's only been a few hours," Mrs. Cake interrupted while holding Pound Cake to keep him calm: Mr. Cake doing the same with Pumpkin She was paying attention, too. And from how she looked at Spike before to how Rarity was describing, it couldn't have lasted more than a few hours.

Rarity lifted a hoof and pointed to Mrs. Cake, "Exactly!" she paced a little, "Given Marabunda's size and physique, he should be far older than what he's shown."

"Wait, time out, Rarity," Rainbow Dash spoke up and caused Rarity to look at her. "Are you saying a scorpion and that monster that attacked us are in-cahoots?"

Everything went awkwardly silent as Rarity looked at Rainbow Dash as if what she just said was the most stupid, misdirected thing she's ever said. She was about to tell her straight that was not it in the slightest, but Gilda beat her to the punch and did her the favor.

"Dash, did you skip biology class or something?" Rainbow was about to answer, but the griffon just shut her mouth with her talon. "Don't answer that; that was a rhetorical question." Gilda removed her talon from a slightly frustrated Rainbow Dash and looked to Rarity as she came to her own conclusion, "So, let me get this straight, you're saying that Marabunda is so old that the venom he produces is so weak that it just renders the victim paralyzed for a few hours?"

If there was another word for 'surprise', a lot of them would be that. Rarity was blown away by how easily Gilda deduced what she meant. Drift, Rainbow, and Gallus were astonished Gilda came up with that conclusion. For Drift, Vinyl and Rainbow, they never expected Gilda to pay attention during class. For Gallus, he was wondering where this level of intellect from and how was Gilda not a teacher herself?

Gilda, however, gave everyone a slightly sour look and felt uncomfortable with all this attention on her, "What? I knew some stuff growing up."

Pinkie Pie bounced over to Gilda and patted her shoulder, thinking what she said was awesome, "Wow, Gilda, I didn't know you studied animals before." Not did Dash, Vinyl and Drift. Back then, Gilda wouldn't pay attention worth a darn. Where did this come from?

With the attention somewhat getting to her, Gilda comically shoved Pinkie aside and blurted out to them something they did not expect, "I liked biology, alright?! I thought learning how some animals worked was kind of awesome."

Rainbow Dash snickered a bit and teased Gilda when she said, "You just wanted to dissect animals, did ya?"

Gilda didn't even bat an eye and gave Dash a look so cold she would've thought she was gonna dissect her, "Shut up, Dash." But Rainbow wasn't phased by it and just stuck her tongue out at her.

Rarity smiled a little by this little revelation. She never participated in the high-school Gilda and her friends were in, but it was good to know Gilda knew something similar to what Fluttershy knew. The first time she met Gilda, she always thought she was nothing but a brute who thrived on hurting others. But, now, in this situation, she gave us a little something about herself. What changed? Rarity would ask her more, but Drift spoke up.

"So, a scorpion and Marabunda?" he was trying to put the pieces together, too. But he tried his best to put his answer out there. He didn't know why Rarity was doing this, but this was kind of fun. But viewing a scorpion and Marabunda, "Only comparison I see between the two are their tails. But I don't see how that helps our case." Marabunda may be incapacitated down that well, but there's no telling when he'll climb his way back out of there.

"I think the connection might as well involve their tails," Smolder chimed in, getting eyes on her. Unlike Gilda who didn't really like that much attention, Smolder didn't mind. "Scorpions, If I remember this right, have weak venom the bigger the claws they have, right?" she looked to Gallus for confirmation, because he was there when Fluttershy taught them this.

Unfortunately, Gallus was kind of under the rock on this one as he shrugged his shoulders, "Don't look at me, I didn't even want to get near Paprika. She looked like she was wanting to pinch my eyes out." Insects and arachnids were not his strong suit. And just a glance would just make him shiver out of fear.

Smolder just rolled her eyes and crossed in a bit of frustration. She was not buying that in the slightest, "That scorpion was nice and you know it. You didn't want to go near it because -- oh, yeah that's right, you were too chicken to even go near any insect." She chuckled as she called him out, though Gallus tried to deny that.

"Was not, I wanted to... keep my distance so the others could see her," Gallus said, trying to excuse his way out of that conversation.

Rarity just sighed to herself. She didn't think a fight would break out so easily. Kids, really. But they had pressing matters to attend, too, and she shot them a glare as best as Fluttershy could do, but it wasn't as spine-chilling as her stare. The students quickly caught her giving them a warning stare and quickly stopped.

"If we could get back to the situation at hoof, thank you," though she commended the two for trying. Smolder was half-right. "Why I'm bringing that day up and comparing it to that awful beast is because Marabunda is losing focus on his tail."

Everyone looked at her as if what she had might have a great point. Though Pinkie and Vinyl were not keen on this whole animal talk, Gilda and Drift put two and two together and came to their own conclusions.

"That means that Marabunda's weakness is his own tail," Gilda said with widening eyes of shock.

"Going with scorpion knowledge, with how big Marabunda is and how old he is, his venom is so weak it can't hold his victims down very long," that was great news to hear, but Drift was unsure

"Which means if we remove the tail, we can beat him 'til he's down for good!" Smolder said, concluding this with Rainbow giving her an approving smile.

"Now there's something I can understand!" Rainbow Dash was feeling chipper about that. If Marabunda does come back, they'll go after that tail of his and he'd be as good as done.


***


Ponyville was silent after the battle with Marabunda. Most of the ponies left in the somewhat ghost town didn't want to come out of their homes, fearing the beast that arrived earlier was still out there.

However, two ponies, a light green unicorn with a mint-colored mane and tail and a tan earth pony with a pink-dark blue mane and tail, walked out of their house to check the outcome of the fight.

“Lyra, is it over?” The earth pony whimpered as the unicorn peeked out first.

“I dunno, Bon Bon. I’ll check it out,” The unicorn peeked out from the door, taking a look around and became quite shocked. “Holy haycakes!”

Blinking at her response, Sweetie Drops peeked out with her and gasped at the sight. “Whoa, it looks like a twister hit the place." If this was what that monster caused, she was sure glad she didn't witness it.

They were surprised to see it had finally ended and they saw, what they assumed was the winner, resting in front of Sugarcube corner.

"Lyra, what is that thing?" Sweetie Drops said, pointing to the unknown animal.

Lyra looked to SugarCube Corner, but was stumped upon the sight before her, "I don't know, but it sure looks awesome. Almost looks like a dragon... but without wings?" That baffled her right there. Sure, Sike had no wings, but he was a baby dragon; that thing looked like an adult. She looked at the well and noticed it was half destroyed. "But, I bet that's where that other creature might be." She suggested while pointing to the well, and being daring yet curious; she wanted to go over to see if it was still down there.

But Sweetie Drops didn't want her to do that. She was still nervous about what happened. All the noises they heard; that monstrous roar, the explosions, the fire! When did Ponyville become such a battle zone? Granted, their town had some crazy encounters with crazy creatures, like that time Cerberus was in town, or when Snips and Snails accidentally lured an Ursa Minor, or more recently in her memories, that bugbear that threatened Cranky and Matilda’s wedding day; But this, no doubt, was one of their craziest battles yet – and she and her friend weren’t the ones fighting out there! Not to mention, whatever came to their town, this time, was no doubt one of the most dangerous and difficult creatures that Twilight’s friends ever tried taking down without her.

"I don't know if we should be out here any longer," She looked around worriedly, worried that something else dangerous would jump out and attack them; like that lizard! He may have won the fight, but that doesn’t mean that he won’t be on guard. "I don't want to be-- Lyra?" she looked to her right and saw her trusted friend wasn't there. "Lyra!?" She looked around until she saw her.

She headed straight for the broken well.

Sweetie Drops flinched in a mix of fear and shock and rushed after her. "Lyra, what are you doing? We don't know if that thing is dead or not," she pleaded her to stop. She was scared, worried and anxious to get back home where it was safe.

It was bad enough they had to endure the carnage they heard out here, she didn't want to be a part of the aftermath; that same went with Lyra, too.

Lyra stopped and chuckled lightly, not worried as she looked to her bestie to reassure her that the danger has passed and they can calm down. Whatever happened out here, it was over. So, what was there to worry about? "Bon Bon, relax, it's over. That lizard over there won the fight. Besides, I wanna see what showed up, anyway." She approached the broken well once more with morbid curiosity in her eyes.

Although, either she may have been looking at the wreckage too long, or her curiosity had momentarily taken away her hearing because while she was thinking of what could’ve possibly shown up here, she didn’t hear a haunting yet low growl emitting from the well…

“Lyra…” Sweetie Drops whimpered, looking terrified and lowered her ears in fear. Her friend may not have heard it, but she sure did. She was having a very, very, very bad feeling about this.

Lyra looked back at her friend and saw she was still quaking in fear. That feeling never faded from inside the earth pony’s shaken, frightened soul - something wasn't right.

"Oh, Bon Bon, will you relax? Everything's fine now," Lyra said, growing a tiny bit frustrated with her for being such a scaredy-cat. She shook her head, reassured that they were safe now and nothing was out to get them. “Nothing is going to happen!”

Varan lifted his head and noticed the two new ponies approaching the well. His eyes widen in shock. Just what in the animal kingdom are they doing? He needed to stop them, now! He got up and accidentally knocked over a potted plant with his tail out of agitation. Fortunately for him, it got a lot of attention inside and outside Sugarcube corner.

Smolder, Gallus, the Rich family and Vinyl heard the commotion and wondered why Varan got up so suddenly. Gallus was the first to rush out and quickly caught sight of two ponies near the well.

"Whoa-whoa-whoa! Hey!” Gallus called after them, his eyes widening in shock and realized that Lyra was getting closer to the well to see if Marabunda was still alive. “Stop!” He quickly spread his wings and dove to get them.

Varan hissed as loud as he could to the two ponies, but it only caught the earth pony's attention. She freaked out from his hissing, but right when she was about to scream, Gallus grabbed her and pulled her away.

“Get away from there!” He yelled at her, he shook her a bit. “Trust me, you don’t want to get too close to that well and you do not want to look in there; it’s too dangerous!” He quickly got back on his feet and was about to make a grab for Lyra, but…

Lyra approached the well and gazed into the hole that had only one way to go – down. She looked inside to try and see the body of the creature the lizard had defeated. All she saw was nothing but darkness. She pouted at this sight. “What a ripoff. I can't see a thing!” She was disappointed...

...until a large darkened paw shot up from the well like lightning and gripped her whole head tight!

Lyra widened her eyes in shock and fear; everything was not! She screamed in terror as she tried to break free immediately, struggling to get her head loose. “BON BON!” Sweetie Drops barely had any time to react before she heard the haunting, frightful screams of Lyra as she was easily dragged down into well where the monster was.

Gallus gasped in horror as this sudden action happened. “No!” he didn't even need a second to think before he quickly dove after her out of reflex.

Sweetie Drops barely had any time to react before she heard the haunting, frightful, if not, horrifying screams of Lyra as she was easily dragged down into well where the monster was.

But refusing to lose another one, Gallus latched onto the sturdy bricks with his lion hind legs and quickly grabbed onto Lyra’s tail with his talons. He started to pull with all his might and he flapped his wings hard to, hopefully, gain leverage, keeping his grip on her tail. He desperately tried to get her back out; grunting as he wrestled to get her free from the paw’s grip. He had to try to save her, but it was proving to be a losing battle.

“Hold on! I’ve got you!” He flapped his wings desperately as he tried to fly up and pull Lyra back up, but to his horror, his strength failed him and the darkened paw tugged her out of his grasp and caused the young griffon to lose traction in his flight. He spun and landed on the ground on his back. He quickly sat back up and looked at his talons to find only bits of her tail hairs. Lyra was pulled into the darkness, screaming in panic and fear. “No!” He yelled, getting up, rushing to the well and reaching for her only to disappear with the darkness.

"Lyra!" Sweetie Drops shouted in utmost fear as she rushed to the well as she still heard Lyra scream for help, but it ultimately ended as the poor earth pony heard a hard, sickening crunch.

Gallus gasped in shock and grief when he heard that grotesque sound. He used his left wing to stop Sweetie Drops dead in her tracks mere inches from the well as Lyra's screams could no longer be heard. He turned his head away, dismayed and grief-struck.

He was not the only one. When the screaming stopped, Sweetie froze dead in her tracks, the griffon’s wing holding her back; her eyes were wide in horror, fear and ultimately grief, "L-Lyra?" Sweetie Drops plopped on her haunches and kept her eyes on the broken well. She waited for a response but got nothing. Gallus looked at her sadly and with great reluctance on his part, he slowly shook his head. “Lyra?" She whimpered, her eyes becoming shiny and a lump forming in her throat. Her instincts told her to dive in and save her best friend, but she was too petrified to move; she didn't want the same thing to happen to her. And with Gallus giving her that head shake, she knew… she was too late.

She didn't have to wait long for a response...

Varan hissed aggressively as the very paw that took Lyra Heartstrings rose out and gripped the side of the well, cracking it upon grip, and slowly tried to drag its owner out. Sweetie Drops screamed and backed away while Gallus turned his heard to look as another arm came out and slammed its paw to the ground, then dug the claws in the dirt for leverage. Then the head rose out as the arms succeeded and beamed ghostly-white eyes down at Sweetie Drops and Gallus.

As if there was cold weather approaching, Gallus felt his body shake in utter fear and terror as he watched what looked like it came straight out of a horror movie. He nearly wanted to vomit when he saw a green unicorn horn drop from the monster's teeth. “Not… cool!” He once again whimpered in pure horror upon coming face-to-face, and eye-to-eye with the beast. He started backing up in fear, trying to escape its haunting gaze as Sweetie Drops followed his example.

Varan hissed in pure, primal rage. Rest was gonna have to wait; he was ready for another fight.

"Guys? Guys! We have a problem. A very, very big problem!" Gallus called out. The Rich family already saw what just happened and they were just as scared and horrified, but Drift and the others came bursting out of Sugarcube corners to see what was going on.

Getting enough distance, Sweetie Drops managed to turn and run away, screaming her head off as she ran back home, slamming the door behind her and leaving everyone, including Gallus, behind.

No one else noticed, but more so fixated on what, or who, just returned. They didn't expect him to be back so soon, but the massive form crawling out of the well and rising on his hind legs proved to them he was back and willing to go for another round.

Gallus flinched and backed up more as the monster dragged itself further out of the well, keeping its terrifying ghostly eyes on him. He screamed as he turned and hurried back to his friends just as the tar-colored monster managed to get out of its imprisonment

He was wet, bruised, broken, burned and beaten, but the demonic, belligerent glare on his face meant he was not gonna go down; he will never go down until he killed every last one of these ants in this stupid town. He cringed in pain but quickly rotated his back and popped his wings back into place. The grotesque noise from his bones echoed and it made anyone who heard it cringe and sick to their stomachs. He was in pain, but he ignored every last nerve of it. His determination was deiform and everyone was gonna die around him.

Varan did not hesitate to get into viewing range as he snarled up at the monster. This was gonna be the last fight this beast will ever have, and he'll make sure it would be his last. He would be his last opponent.

He glanced at Varan with his blank-white eyes. What was full of life and willing to commute was nothing more than soulless rage and hate. The last resistance is this weak lizard? Pathetic. But, he'll be the first to die.

Both reptile and manticore glared each other down like gods ready to settle a never-ending score. Only this time, it would be the very last.

Scootaloo opened the window up above Sugarcube Corner and glanced in horror as she watched her pet about to get into another fight.

Varan let out an angry, battle-born hiss and bared his teeth, ready to dig them into his opponent and finish this once and for all.

Marabunda swung his arms up and threw them down as he let out a loud, guttural, battle-ready roar that echoed across Ponyville. He was gonna let the whole world know that he was back and ready to fight.