• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 639 Views, 20 Comments

Planeswalkers - CoastBrumby



Twilight Sparkle must travel to a new realm to find one who can undo the black magic of the villian Ob Nixilis.

  • ...
5
 20
 639

Chapter Three

Elsewhere in Equestria, trouble was brewing. Ob Nixlix flew to Tartarus. Tartarus was the prison where Equestria held its most dangerous villains. The villains were held in sturdy enchanted cages, and they were guarded by a fierce three headed dog, and a handful of ponies in armour.

Ob Nixlix destroyed the cages using bolts of dark power. He watched the chaos below to see if he should do more. Ob wished to create maximum suffering while conserving his power. It would not be easy to tame the elements to his will once he acquired them. Artifacts of great power often required great power to wield.
The dog managed to herd all the villains together. A unicorn soldier moved to bind a red and black centaur, but the centaur opened his mouth and drained the magic out of the unicorn. The magic streamed into the centaur as liquid light. The unicorn collapsed to the ground. The dog moved to bight the centaur, but the centaur performed a spell and escaped with a burst of speed. The centaur sprinted for nearly two hundred meters before stopping behind a boulder to catch his breath.

Ob dived to the stony ground and landed dramatically before the centaur.
The Centaur spoke first. “It is long since I have laid eyes on a demon. Was it you who enabled my escape? I will acknowledge no debt to you for no bargain had been struck between us. I am Lord Tirek. How shall I call you, Demon.?”

“You may call me as you wish. I care not. Are you an enemy to the Ponies of Equestria?” Ob asked Tirek flatly.
“I am more than their enemy. I am their true predator. It is my purpose to devour their magic and take my place as master of their lands.” Tirek said proudly.

Ob Nixlix produced a small orb of magic. “For reasons of my own, I wish to see pony-kind suffer. Take this magic and fulfill your purpose as you see fit.”

Tirek took the glowing orb from Ob’s claws. Tirek examined the orb carefully. He gazed and sniffed at it before consuming it. Tirek doubled in size. He bowed to Ob. “I thank you, Demon. I shall bring these ponies suffering the likes of which even you cannot imagine.”
Ob did not reply. His task accomplished in Tartarus he flew off to seek out more sources of misery for the ponies of Equestria.