• Published 27th Mar 2016
  • 1,711 Views, 29 Comments

True Facts About ... - ShadowWalking18

  • ...
3
 29
 1,711

Griffons

Here are True Facts about the Griffon.

The griffon is a creature with the head of a bird and the body of a cat.

Baby Griffons are called Grifflets. And they look a little like a cotton ball that grew a face.

And legs.

Grifflets are born without flight feathers, and because they are vulnerable they disguise themselves as Muppets.

Griffons have a wide range of sight, able to see prey from nearly a thousand feet or more in the air.

Some griffons even bob their heads up and down to maximize their depth perception.

You try it right now. Focus on an object and bob your head up and down.

That's right, keep bobbing your head.

It doesn't really work for ponies, but you do look like an idiot.

As the griffon grows older it develops its flying feathers.

Despite its cuddly appearance beneath those fluffy feathers the griffon is called a bird of prey.

Because it eats prey. Just like how griffons call us equines of the grass, because we eat grass.

The griffon's claws are zygodactyl, two in front and two in back. And their grip is the strongest in the world.

Five hundred pounds per square inch, eight times stronger then the Equestrian.

Perhaps the most famous quality of a griffon is their love of gold and other shiny things. They are so greedy that dragons frankly can't stand the comparison.

Just remember, if somepony says your greedier then a griffon just say, "your mom."