• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 2,213 Views, 61 Comments

Dream Come True - SprocketProductions



Our protagonist designs his OC, longing to live in the world known as Equestria as said character and gets an unexpected surprise

  • ...
12
 61
 2,213

The Balance

I was sitting at the table across from Metalwing when an ethereal being materialized in the room with us. It cast a soft glow all the way through the room. I looked at the figure in awe. It was like nothing I had ever seen. I figured that this is what an angel might look like, only ponified. It looked at me and seemed to pierce through me with its gaze.

"W-who are you?" I managed to ask

Its mouth didn't open for it to speak, "I am the guardian of all balance in this universe. You have thrown it off by being here. I have come to return you to your own."

"Wait, wait! I like it here! A lot! Please don't make me go back! There has to be a way to restore balance!" I pleaded.

The angelic figure informed, "Only one way, but it is a dangerous path. It will be full of hardship and peril. You will likely die trying."

"Well, even if I die, that'll restore balance again, won't it?" I asked.

The figure paused, thinking, "Very well. Since you are willing to give up your life for your harmonious existence in this universe, I shall grant you a chance at restoring the balance without leaving. Take note of the fact that you can willfully leave at any time. I will accompany you to your home universe and make sure you make it back safely. Deep in the heart of the largest of the Apploosian mountain, there exists a creature of immense power. If a claw is sliced from its talon, the claw can be used to repair the universal balance. Only an elemental soul weapon can cut the claw."

"I have an elemental soul weapon, my chakram." I stated.

The figure started to fade away, "God speed, noble pony. God speed."

Metalwing and I looked each other in the eyes. We knew that the adventure would be an intense one. But we knew we would have to do it. I wanted a family with Metalwing. I loved him so much, and I really didn't want to leave him. He meant the world- no, the universe to me. I wasn't going to give that up. I was going to do what I could to keep us together. I headed up the stairs quietly. I strapped on my armor. This time, I put on the full suit. I put on the bracers, the grievers, I even wore the underlayer. I strapped on all four boots. Once I was done, I slipped my chakram in its spot in the protective bronze outfit. I packed my saddlebags full of food and stepped out of the house for my adventure.

Behind me stood Metalwing, in his Royal Guard armor and saddlebags packed as well. There clearly wouldn't be any arguing with him. So I set off, followed by the noble changeling stallion. We passed by many foals who smiled excitedly while pointing a us with their hooves. They exclaimed about the two knights setting off. Their parents watched, mildly intimidated by the looks of determination on our faces. We would go to the apploosian mountains and find the creature and take its claw. If we were lucky, we wouldn't even disturb it. I bought two tickets to Apploosa, the closest town to the mountain range. We boarded the train with odd looks. Ponies didn't typically see fully armored ponies board a train.

We waited for the steam powered behemoth to embark. When it did, I watched through the window with a serious expression as the train approached its firat stop gradually, Canterlot. I was still focused on the mission at hand, but was mesmerized by the beauty of Equestria. I had never seen any place so breathtaking. It never seemed like a stale place, it was always full of wonder.

"Hey." Said Metalwing, "We're going to do this, okay?"

I looked at him and nodded.

The rest of the first ride was silent. We looked out the window until night fell. At that point, we fell asleep. For the night, the train was stopped, which gave us more ability to catch good sleep on the train stopped in Canterlot. In the morning, we awoke to the train moving toward Apploosa. I opened my saddlebags and pulled out apples for the both of us. We ate the pink lady variety apples and threw the cores into a receptacle on the train. I remembered the day I got to Equestria. I remembered buying the pink lady apple for my neigbor. I remembered how grateful she was. I remembered how I didn't ask for anything in return. Most of all, I remembered how I watched her enter her house, closing the door behind her.

"What are you thinking about?" Asked Metalwing.

I responded, "You know how that guardian thing kept saying I don't belong here?"

"Yeah. That was weird..." He said.

I replied, "No, actually... It wasn't. I'm from a completely different universe. One where the dominant species is known as the human. These humans are fleshy, and their empathy rarely extends past themselves or others they care about. There's also no magic in the human universe. Not that I know of at least. War has riddled-"

"I get it, Sprocket. You don't want to go back and be one of those humans." Metalwing interrupted.

I said, "I was also a guy there..."

"What!?" He asked, shocked.

I replied, "It's not like I wanted to be, in fact, quite the opposite. That's part of why I like it here. I'm who I want to be."

"Oh, so you were mentally a girl but you had... well let's just say the parts?" He asked.

I shuddered, "This is getting awkward..."

"Right..." He agreed.

The train stopped at Apploosa. We got off. It was in the evening when we got there, so we decided to stay at an inn for the night. We would take on the creature in the mountain range in the next day.

Author's Note:

This chapter is dedicated to my boyfriend, whose birthday began an hour and 8 minutes ago central time