• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 2,216 Views, 61 Comments

Dream Come True - SprocketProductions



Our protagonist designs his OC, longing to live in the world known as Equestria as said character and gets an unexpected surprise

  • ...
12
 61
 2,216

Loving a Changeling

I slowly opened my eyes in my bed to see my outstretched hooves grasping at nothing. I blinked a bit to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I rubbed my eyes, still seeing an empty spot next to me in my bed. I wondered where Metalwing had gone. With my judgment still noticeably clouded, I rolled out of bed and approached the door, my hair still in a tangled mess. I opened the wooden form, letting in an amazing smell. There were eggs being scrambled in the kitchen. My mind still not operating nearly close to 100%(more like 25% if you must know) I slowly walked down the hall and started down the steps. If somepony was making breakfast in my house, they were going to share, whether they're Metalwing, Pinkie Pie(who would do something that odd, believe me), or a random intruder.

I walked down the steps, seeing Metalwing at the range, scrambling eggs. They were being perfectly done. My stomach growled loudly as I watched him cook. I stumbled a bit before I thought about why I wasn't actually up yet. Coffee, I needed coffee. Without saying a word yet, I went over to the coffee maker and began to brew my daily double shot of espresso. The machine started its happy loud noise as I waited for it to spray its heavily caffeinated liquid into the cup.

Metalwing noticed me, "Good morning, my beautiful bed head."

"Mmmmm." I moaned back at him, still half asleep.

He giggled at how unaware I seemed as I watched the coffee machine squirt my espresso into my cup. I grabbed it and put a few drops of agave nectar in. I set down the nectar and lurched my way to the fridge, retrieving the milk. I poured some milk into the cup until it was full. I then returned the jug to its original place and closed the refrigerator. I grabbed a spoon to mix the ingredients of the coffee together. I then took a sip of the drink and sat down at the table.

I took a few more drinks, "Good morning." I smiled.

"You were out cold last night... Do you remember what you were dreaming about?" He asked.

I replied, "I was remembering the events that transpired during the royal wedding. Pretty crazy stuff."

"With as confident as ponies in this town seem to be, I bet you were fighting through the whole army of Chrysalis's minions in your dress with your bare hooves." He cracked a smile.

I laughed, "And that's when the ninjas came in!"

We laughed together, poking fun at ponies like that. Metalwing finished making breakfast, serving it out to both of us. I dug in at first, I loved eggs and toast. My first few bites started reminding me of my grandad's amazing breakfast meals. I paused after swallowing another bite as my eyes started to tear up. Metalwing looked at me with a concerned expression. I thought that I wouldn't miss anything from my human life, but I did. I missed the smiles my parents would give me when I made them happy, I missed sitting out in the back yard watching the stars with them. I missed my grandparents who would always be there in rougher times, and the breakfast memories only pushed what I missed to the front of my mind.

I got up, tears now streaming down my face and walked out the front door, sitting on the porch, watching the wind blow the trees as sobbed. I was conflicted, on the one hand, I wanted to go back to my hometown, I wanted to tell everyone I'm alright and that I've been having a great life but came back for them. On the other hand, I loved Equestria and never wanted to leave. Metalwing walked out the door and sat down next to me and looked at me, wiping my tears away.

"Hey, what's wrong, Sprocket? Are you okay?" Metalwing asked.

I sniffed, forcing the words out through my tears, "I just don't want my family from home to worry about me..."

"Hey, don't get so worked up about that, I'm sure they're not worried about you." He tried to reassure me.

I looked at him, "What do you mean?"

"A pony as strong as you has nothing to worry about, and others shouldn't worry either. So if your family is worrying about you, it's not your fault, it's theirs for not putting enough faith in you." He wiped more tears away.

We sat in silence for a moment when he pulled me close and wrapped a wing around me. I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes and relaxing, feeling safe behind the strong layer of feathers that made up the wing of Metalwing's pony form. The wind lightly blew across the yard as he embraced me. In a few minutes, I had stopped crying. I rose my head and looked at him. He looked back at me with a kind smile. I kissed him on the lips as he joined in. It was my first real kiss as a pony, and I was glad to use it on one I had quickly to love dearly. After a few minutes, we started to talk a bit about each other, asking questions about various things.

"So, if changelings replicate the appearances of other ponies, it there another pony who looks exactly like you do running around? If so, what are the chances of you bumping into them?" I asked.

"Changelings for the most part do replicate the appearances of other ponies, but some of us have a pony appearance that we've thought up every single detail on. Mine is what I walk around as every day. How about your robotic legs? What's the deal on those? " He responded.

"Well, to make a long story short, my legs were cut off a long time ago near a place where everypony had robotic parts. I got my first pair and actually modified it to have electromagnets in the hooves. Other ponies noticed and actually asked me to do the same thing with theirs. It caught on quickly and pretty soon other ponies who owned tinkering shops started doing it too." I answered.

He continued the conversation, "So that's got a magnet in it, huh?"

"These that I'm wearing? No, actually. These are from my second line of redesigns. I don't need a magnet in my hoof because I can pick things up with it just like any normal pony would. I can even feel with these legs. That's what the slightly more reflective lines are for. They're touch sensors. Basically like artificial nerves." I replied.

He smiled, "Oh cool!"

Soon, we were walking around the market district of Ponyville. Metalwing had one wing around me. I wasn't wearing my armor this time, my pendant glowed in the sunlight, with its double helix pattern tapered at either end and a green crystal the shade of my eyes suspended in the silver structure. Currently, the necklace was just a pretty necklace as the other six were nowhere to be found, as well as their weilders. Alas, the seven alternate elements of harmony which probably can't exist in this universe yet would have to be apart for now.

Metalwing brought me to a flower stand, buying me a bouquet of blue roses. I hadn't ever seen a blue rose before. They were absolutely beautiful. I kissed Metalwing, showing my appreciation. Later that day, when we got home, I put the roses in a vase full of water. I wanted to be able to appreciate the beauty of the gift for as long as possible.

"Come outside with me, Sprocket." Metalwing beckoned through the front door.

I followed him out into the yard.

He looked at me, smiling, "Have you ever wanted to fly?"

I nodded my head.

"Get on my back and you can." He instructed.

I climbed on his back and we took off to the skies. I felt the wind on my face as we climbed higher and higher. We finally leveled out when we were above the clouds. The warmth of the golden sunlight felt great. It was so relaxing to be up here. I very nearly forgot any troubles on my mind for this magical few minutes. I wrapped my front legs around him, letting them meet at his chest. I rested my head on his, looking at the clouds, seeing light cast by the sun touching them and beautifully illuminating them. I had been in internet roleplays where we went and saw galaxies up close, we had flown around in nebulae. That would have been more impressive if it were real. But something was mesmerizing about being up here with the one I love seeing clouds from above instead of watching them from below.

After about half an hour, we landed back in the yard. I knew from that moment on that I never wanted to leave Equestria. I could do things here that back home I couldn't even dream of doing. I had someone to love that loved me back, and he really did love me. Or else he wouldn't have taken me up into the sky to see its majesty. I beamed with happiness, for once in my life I felt wanted. I even felt needed, and I liked that feeling.

A few hours later, metalwing and I were in the back yard, laying down together in the soft grass, looking up at the stars. I loved doing this with him, it felt like home, only better. All the constellations I could see I couldn't recognize, since the basic ursa major and ursa minor didn't exist in the night sky in this universe. I remembered the episode of ponies where Trixie came to Ponyville. I remembered the ursa minor being put to sleep and returned to the ursa minor. I remembered Trixie being humiliated that she wasn't the one to defeat the dangerous creature.

The night sky here was arguably prettier than the one back home. There was far less light pollution since ponies here actually slept at night for the most part. I listened as Metalwing pointed out various constellations suspended together in space. He really knew a lot about the stars here. He reminded me a lot of myself. I too, was obsessed with the universe in it's entirety. I wanted to go see outer space. I wanted to fly among the stars. I wanted to see inside nebulae. I wanted to touch stardust. I wanted to explore new planets. It was a lifelong dream of mine that I knew would never be fulfilled. At least I would always have something to dream about.

"Today's been a good day, hasn't it, Sprocket?" Metalwing eventually commented.

I replied, "No, it's been a great one."

"I love you, Sprocket." He smiled at me.

I smiled back, "I love you too."

Author's Note:

BTW, that coffee recipe thing? Yeah, that makes some awesome coffee. You don't even know until you try it. So I'm challenging you to try that amazing bit of goodness that wakes you up in a good mood every time.