• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 2,215 Views, 61 Comments

Dream Come True - SprocketProductions



Our protagonist designs his OC, longing to live in the world known as Equestria as said character and gets an unexpected surprise

  • ...
12
 61
 2,215

The Mech

I watched the mech with its trail of destruction following it. The sight was almost surreal, seeing one of my own imagined creations being controlled by another. The crafty pony clearly felt strong apathy toward the law. All they really wanted to do was cause massive destruction and chaos. What could they possibly want to accomplish by mutilating Equestria?

I didn't have time to think about the motive of the current pilot of the mech. I needed to think of a way to stop this. It was my mess, so it was my job to clean it up. I still felt the flames dancing on my horn, blocking my magic, so I couldn't do anything without first calming down. I breathed slowly and steadily, closing my eyes. I focused on the fact that if I didn't do something, many innocent ponies would die because of me. This didn't calm me down, as I opened my eyes quickly and nearly vomited off the edge of the tall building.

Suddenly, I felt a hoof on my shoulder. I looked over, expecting to see Metalwing, but instead gazed upon the apparition of a white pony with blue hair and blue eyes. He was taller than Metalwing and looked a good twenty years older. I wondered who he was, but his presence somehow calmed me instantly. It was as if he knew me for years. I thought that maybe he was someone from my past, but I hadn't been in the human world in a long time, and my memory didn't serve me well. The stallion took his hoof off of my shoulder and placed it on the ground next to his other front hoof. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead as a parent would.

I felt magic power surge through me. My eyes glowed brightly, casting the immediate area in a jade colored light as the stallion faded away. I began to feel the wind again, and became fully alert. My horn formed a layer of magic which lit to match my eyes. Another layer seemed to form over it, followed by one more. The magic power flowing through me was almost painful. I wanted to use it right away to get rid of the unpleasant feeling flowing through me. I channeled the magic through the horn and watched an emerald lighting bolt arc across the sky and hit the mech directly. The magic left me as my ears rang loudly and I fell backward.

I looked up at the sky as Metalwing picked me up in his front legs. He yelled something worriedly, which I couldn't decipher due to the ringing in my ears. I put my hoof up to his face, trying to let him know that I was okay as my vision narrowed. The dark vignette took up more and more of my sight until I blacked out. I saw nothing but a dark abyss. It had swallowed me and separated me from any external influence. I was left completely and utterly alone with nothing but the high pitched noise in which only I could hear. The ringing faded to silence, leaving me to my own thoughts, or now, lack thereof. I couldn't remember anything anymore. I didn't even know my own name. I had one floating around in my head: Metalwing. Was THIS my name? I didn't know if I had wings, or if they were made of metal, but I was curious to find out.

I heard something. It was a indistinct echo which sounded somewhat like a voice. I didn't know what it said, but as it sounded again, I determined that yes, it was in fact a voice. The speaking was accompanied by a steady beep, as if some form of device was built simply for the purpose of making a repetitive high pitched noise. I wondered who would make some sort of device. I certainly wouldn't, as that would become very aggravating and it was even starting to wear on my nerves now. I opened my eyes to see a room full of several ponies. Some were wearing scrubs and surgical masks. A hospital room! I was in a hospital room, and I was in the bed at that. The incessant beeping must've been a heart monitor.

"Okay. My heart's obviously beating, can we turn that off?" I requested.

The closest pony picked me up and wrapped his front legs around me. I didn't know who he was, but he looked and seemed nice enough. I moved my seemingly heavy front limbs around him, returning the hug.

He spoke, "Oh my Celestia, Sprocket. I thought you were a goner. You over exerted yourself, but three days later and you're just fine!"

"Sorry, but who exactly is Sprocket, and do I know you?" I asked him.

He responded, looking into my eyes, "You're Sprocket, and I'm Metalwing, your husband. Sprock, are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay. I can't remember a thing... not even so much as who I am." I began to cry, not remembering my life was pure agony.

He guided me out of the hospital and to what I assumed was our house. He then sat me down and began to prepare a meal. I silently sat as he went on and on about who I was and what had happened since he met me. He told me that when we came together, he had a dream come true.

Author's Note:

Enough positive feedback and I'll make a sequel. Let's say up to about 40 total upvotes, disregarding downvotes.

Comments ( 15 )

7344052 robotic hooves. They don't pick things up like normal hooves

7344164
Neither do mine:derpytongue2:

Out of all the comments on there you just pick one!:twilightangry2:

WHAT KIND OF AN ENDING WAS THAT!!!:flutterrage::twilightangry2:

7345490 *shrug* I wanted to move onto new ideas. That and I was honestly getting tired of writing this one

I like this story, too bad it was short, read the whole thing in one sitting.

Also, does anyone have an image of a black pony with light red hair with rocket boots for in the mean time till I can use my own? Mine will be exactly what I described stitched onto a pillow, till then I have this as my image, also I am the one who will stitch the design on a pillow, also accidently made it out of felt.

Never mind, just noticed the six chapters I didn't notice, still gonna finish it in one sitting though.

and I just finished for real, didn't notice that, I only saw one other story with that show more chapter thing, though that was way longer, and I kinda preferred it over all the other stories I've seen so far on this sight except one thing which happened twice in that story, anyways yeah wish this story was longer.

7663670 well it is going to get a sequel

I could tell it wasn't since you cut it off abruptly and labeled it has completed.

I'm upvote 39.
Fuuuuuuuuu-

Would have been better if this wasn't rushed the way it was and if it had continued...

I did like the story, it was pretty good. Unfortunately though, the ending is about as cliffhanger as it gets.. so much so that it can't be called an ending at all.
As a result, even though the story has a "complete" status; I believe the actual status is "canceled" since the story was abandoned before a proper ending could be established.
Despite the story being abandoned though, I am glad that we do have the story that we got.

Login or register to comment