• Published 30th Mar 2016
  • 2,024 Views, 12 Comments

Conduit - Darkscout99



A human appears in equestria, only to find that he can absorb magic and use it because he has none of his own.

  • ...
10
 12
 2,024

let's have a party

“Attempt number 157, go!” i flicked my goggles over my face and pressed the crystals together. The love flowed from one to the other in a steady stream, and snapped off the second the crystal was finished draining. After walking over to the other crystal, inspected both. Neither seemed to have any cracks in them. I smiled, now all i needed was to figure out how to make the ingredients cheaper. I suddenly heard a shout.

“Aaron get over here, am i clear?” i quickly jogged over to her. When i got over she looked at me. “How are your crystals, is something amiss still?”

I shook my head. “Other than ingredient and mana cost these things are great, is there something you need done by a date?” i know my rhymes weren’t the best, but i had never had any time to practice before i was thrown into it, and i thought i was doing rather well.

She shook her head. “Well in that case… here.” she held out a purple crystal. i was shocked that she wasn’t rhyming, so i just stared at her.” “you passed your final test.” she elaborated.

“O-oh, is that so.” i then shook my head, i didn’t need to rhyme anymore. “Really? But i didn’t even do anything for it.”

“Explain how you made the crystals, in simple terms.”

“Well, first i carved the initial runes, and then i soaked it in a brew of… oh.” the realization that i had used a brew of many different ingredients, and not all potions needed to be drunk to be used. “So that counts?”

“You made a completely potion that you can replicate countless times, so yes. Also, i’ve been looking for a way to kick you out of my house. This hut was meant for one zebra, you count at least at two, three in changeling form.” she laughed and i knew she was joking about the second part. I then took the crystal and looked it over.

“What’s this?”

She laughed again. “That’s for you to decide. Wear it proudly.” she then turned around and motioned me in. while my bag was huge, it’s not like it could carry all of my stuff. Well, it could, but it wouldn’t be a good idea. I gathered all of my stuff, plus a few other things from zecora. That was when she handed me a sheet of paper and told me to go there. I quickly made my way to the address on the paper.

The strange thing about the house, was that it was in the middle of the way to the mountain, and the everfree. If it had been for sale, since zecora had just kicked me out, i would have chosen to live here. When i walked in the door two loud thumps went off in my ears. Confetti rained down and suddenly everyone in ponyville was jumping out and congratulating me. The loudest of them all, was of course, pinkie.

“SURPRISE!” she was almost as loud as her party cannons combined.

I almost asked for what, but quickly put two and two together. “How did you get this set up so quickly?” what i failed to think of was that zecora might have told her earlier.

“I found out from zecora earlier today! I was so happy that i immediately bolted off and started setting this up! Do you like your present?” i blinked as i tried to take in what she said.

“Yeah, the party’s great.”

“No, not the party, that's not your present!”

I looked around. Not seeing presents, i took a moment to think about what else it could be. “No, you didn’t…”

She smiled and started bouncing. “Yep! When we found out zecora was forcing you out, we all chipped in to get you this house!”

I just stared at the rest of the mane 6. “I get a stipend from both the princess and ponyville.” twilight told me.

“The farm’s doing rather well.” came aj.

“I-it surprises me how much ponies pay to help their pets.” fluttershy whispered.

“Weather manager.” rainbow told me.

“Only gems of the highest quality make it into my dresses darling. the rest i sell off or give to spike.”

“And i plan parties for all of ponyville!” pinkie finished while jumping in front of everyone else at the party. Tears started to well up in the corners of my eyes. I crouched down and open my arms. The six ponies got the idea and ran over for a group hug.

“You girls are the best friends a human could have.” i said. Eventually we split apart and the party truly started. All i could truly remember was hours and hours of loud music, way too many sugary snacks, and at some point late into the night i think someone spiked the punch. Or replaced it with some alcohol. When all was said and done, it was one of the biggest parties pinkie had thrown.

I woke up on the floor, slumped down near a wall. I couldn’t remember why though. Groaning as i somehow managed to stand up, i then took a survey of the room around me. There were remnants of the party strewn about. Streamers laid on the floor, balloons floated around pointlessly, and somehow a cloud had managed to make itself into the house. I did a double take at that. Rainbow must have wanted to mess with me, forgetting that i could channel the magic needed to get rid of it. I put the magic needed into my hand and punched the cloud, hoping that was all that it needed to break.

I was right about a sudden blow breaking the cloud. What i was not aware of though was that it wasn’t rainbow that wanted to mess with me. No, all pegasus liked to sleep on clouds. That meant even if they were indoors. Said clod did have a pegasus sleeping on it, and when her cloud disappeared, she dropped to the ground with a thump. She immediately sprang back up in a battle stance.

“Sorry, i didn’t know you were sleeping on that cloud.” i rubbed the back of my head sheepishly.

She relaxed when she realised there was no prominent danger. “It’s ok.” she then looked around. “I guess we should get this place cleaned up right?” i nodded my head not fully realising what she said. When we were halfway through i finally realised what she had said.

“Hey, why are you helping me clean up? Not that i’m against it, but still.” i asked.

“I’m your roommate, so this is my house too.”

“Roommate? But i never asked for a roommate.”

She handed me a slip of paper. After reading it, i felt a sudden sense of dread. “Orders from the princess to watch over me? Why are these coming now of all times? I’ve been here for years, and the princess has known about me for at least two months at this point.”

She stared me down. “You used alicorn magic. And didn’t die. That was impossible unless you were an alicorn yourself until the past few days. I’ve been ordered to watch over you, and to protect you, unless you present yourself as a danger. Then i’ve been ordered to subdue you, with any means necessary.” she then returned to her happy attitude. i looked at her nervously.

“Don’t worry, i won’t cause any trouble.” i then thought about the hive.

<hey emily, can you keep the hive running for a few more days? Something just popped up that might be a problem.>

<I would prefer not, but-> i heard a mental grunt of pain from her.

<What’s wrong! Do i need to come over there?> i shouted over the hive mind.

<n-no. I’m fine. I can run this place for a few more days, take care of what you need to.> with a mental nod i turned my attention back to the mare.

“By the way, i never got your name?” i asked her.

“Shatterfall.” i nodded and tried to scratched her behind the ear. The second that my hand touched her, her wing jutted out in the pegasus version of a fist and rammed me in the gut. I fell over grabbing my stomach. “No touching.” she said before walking off. “Now get up, we have work to do.”

Author's Note:

So I managed to cobble this chapter together over the past two months, sorry for the long wait. That should make this (at least in my head) short chapter all the better right? Right?