• Published 30th Mar 2016
  • 2,024 Views, 12 Comments

Conduit - Darkscout99



A human appears in equestria, only to find that he can absorb magic and use it because he has none of his own.

  • ...
10
 12
 2,024

The Tickets

I woke up the next day, and true to their word, the doctors let me out of the hospital. I got out and stretched my back, wincing at the pain in my chest. I had gotten a nice scar from the magical attack, even with the doctor’s and Twilight’s help. I turned the corner and got a face full of confetti. When I could see and breath again, there was a lightly giggling pinkie sitting in front of me.

“I guess I should aim higher next time?” I nodded and pinkie put her party cannon to wherever in the aether it was before.

“So, anything going on today?” I asked pinkie.

“Not really, my next party is in a few days and nothing else is happening in about the same amount of time either. So what are you gonna do today, i’m busy planning that party, it’s gonna be the best one ever! Well until my next party, that one’s gonna be the best, or the one after that…” I let her ramble on and she started to bounce away from me. Seeing twilight sitting in a restaurant, I walked over to her.

“Hey Twilight, what’re you doing?”

“I’m trying to get some food, i’m starving!”

“What did ya order?”

“Dandelion sandwich.” I stuck my tongue out and she looked at me with a face saying why.

“I can’t eat plants really. I can eat some plants, like corn or brussel sprouts, but I prefer meat. Part of the reason I live in the everfree. Did you know manticores here taste like cows on my home planet?”

“Fascinating, I really need to study your eating patterns they-” she cut herself off there. “No! Go away! Stop trying to bribe me with science! Why does everyone want the gala tickets! URG!”

I took a step backwards in surprise at her outburst. “Gala tickets, what gala?”

Twilight glared at me, “don’t play dumb mister, I know you want one of the tickets I got for the gala!”

“Twilight, what is the gala?”

“Wait, you don’t know?”

“I’ve been in the everfree forest for the past five years, only coming out for potion ingredients we couldn’t get there or getting/delivering potion requests. I’ve never even heard of a gala.” During this time, clouds had gathered above our heads, and twilight’s food arrived.

“The grand galloping gala is considered the highest event that one can possibly attend. Princess Celestia sent me two tickets to it, and now everypony is trying to get one of the tickets from me to attend. Applejack and Rainbow wanted to get one, why do they even wanna go?!”

I would have started talking again, if it hadn’t started raining. I quickly pulled out my cloak, and started home after saying goodbye to twilight. When I got home I greeted zecora. And started to work on one of the few potions that could only be brewed during a heavy rainstorm, I had a client that had been waiting for a few weeks to get the potion, and it would save for a few more. I had just finished brewing a batch and eating my manticore steak when in a green flash a letter appeared.

It read: “Dear princess celestia, I am sending this letter to DJ, but if you get it, please send it back to me as soon as possible.

Dear DJ, if you have gotten this letter, then I know how that I can send letters to everyone. Also, please come and see me as fast as possible, preferably tonight.

Sincerely,
Twilight sparkle.”

I was confused, but I pulled on my cloak and told zecora I was going out. When I got to twilight’s treehouse library, I found out that all of her friends were gathered there.

“So what’s important enough that I had to come to your house in the middle of the night?” I asked.

“Oh it’s just that we all got tickets to the grand galloping gala!” Twilight replied. Almost everypony in the room started to squee and prance on their toes. I just looked at them in shock.

“I thought you only had two tickets?”

“I did, but instead of deciding who to give the extra ticket too, I just sent them back to celestia. She then sent me 7 tickets back!”

“So?”

“We all get to go!”

“Good for you then.”

She looked at me questioningly. “What do you mean good for us, you’re coming.”

I stared back at her “I don’t have a choice do i?” All of the girls there shook their heads. “Fine, but i’m gonna be grumpy the whole time.” Twilight kept my tickets so I couldn’t ‘lose’ it or sell it off, and I left grumbling. They assured me I would have a great time, but I wasn’t so sure. I left the library and started walking home. About halfway there, I felt a burst of strange magic behind me, and turned around to see what it was. I got two surprises, one was a pinkie pie flying at my face with outstretched forelegs. The second was when she pulled her right one back and rammed it into my face, knocking me out cold.

Author's Note:

So this chapter was short too, sorry. I'm going to make the next one longer, so please bear with me. Make sure to point out any typos that you see please!