• Published 25th Mar 2016
  • 1,654 Views, 10 Comments

Trixie's Best Fanfiction Ever - Spider8ite



Twilight has to help Trixie with a story, but it seems that there’s some misunderstanding among them… Because the story is horrible, and Twilight knows that. But Trixie doesn't quite go with that.

  • ...
11
 10
 1,654

The Masterpiece

Trixie looked at the piece of paper in her hand with a menacing smile. There, on that paper, was her ultimate masterpiece, the story of her life, the most amazing thing she had ever done, even though she always did the greatest things. For her, everything she did was the greatest thing, really. But that didn’t matter right now, because Trixie had just finished the best story of her life! It had love, humor, adventure… and her soul was poured into it to make it the most perfect story ever written by a normal human. Actually, Trixie doubted that, with her greatness, she was normal, but that also didn’t matter at the moment.

Still, Trixie was sitting on the chair in her kitchen, Spike, her dog, watching her with curiosity as Trixie read her piece again. She smiled with satisfaction at it. Now she would just put that into her computer and magic would be done, the greatest piece of literature on the internet would be live, but Trixie had received some advice from her special someone.

One day, Twilight Sparkle, her girlfriend, was doing something on her computer. Trixie asked what it was she was doing and she simply said it was for Celestia, Twilight’s friend and the Principal of the school where Twilight was a teacher. Trixie didn’t question what it was, though it was probably not from work, as the words were written quite informally, but even so, she saw how short a time it Twilight took to type it all. When she had finished, Trixie had asked her how much there was and she simply said, sounding almost relieved, five thousand words. Trixie was quite impressed.

And that’s why she seeked to know if she could do the same. She had no idea and didn’t bother to ask what Twilight was actually doing, but she decided she would do fanfiction! After some research, seeing many types of stories she could write, she saw this could give her a lot of recognition and people loved to waste their time with it, thus she put herself to work while Twilight was at her work shift at Canterlot High.

But, once Trixie had told her girlfriend what she was doing, Twilight suggested she find someone to proofread it for her. Trixie shrugged, “Oh, why would my great story ever need that?” was the only thing she asked.

Perhaps, though, she was right, so Trixie decided to wait until Twilight was finally home and ask her to give her opinions on it. Twilight wasn’t too sure of what to expect from it, but would do it for her girlfriend anyways.

Now, Twilight and Trixie sat on their couch and Twilight gave a quick glance at the paper and then at Trixie. “Why did you want to do this?”

“Well, Trixie- I mean, I saw you writing, so I may as well do it!” Trixie explained, with a grin and Twilight rose an eyebrow at her. “What? It isn’t that I want to be better than you, I just think Trixie need a new hobby aside from magical tricks, and Trixie thinks she is quite good at this,” she said, pointing to herself proudly.

Twilight sighed, chuckling. “Alright, but you do know I wasn’t writing fanfiction, right?”

“It doesn’t matter, it was writing, and Trixie wants to enjoy it too!” Trixie exclaimed, then got closer to Twilight, crossing her legs and staring at the paper in the other woman’s hands. “Now, shall you read Trixie’s- My great masterpiece?”

“Alright, c’mon,” Twilight cleared her throat, “The title is… ‘The Tristan Chronicles: The Revenge’?” She asked, with curiosity and Trixie nodded. “Alright then. But… whose Tristan? You do know fanfiction needs to be done with characters from somewhere, right?”

“Oh, Sparkle, it is from somewhere! But… let’s say it’s quite hard to know where from, and I won’t say it neither! Squint hard enough and see what you can find. Aren’t you a smarty pants?” Trixie mocked, crossing her arms.

Twilight rolled her eyes with a little giggle. “Okay. Let’s begin… with the Prologue, I guess.” She shrugged and began reading what was on the paper, and Trixie payed attention to her reading, smiling a little. “Once upon a time…”

“... there was a very famous magician, with such great power that everyone feared him and his amazing and, oh, so great and powerful magical tricks. He was so powerful that not even the kings of the lands could defeat him!”

Twilight stopped and stared at that line and then at Trixie, who looked at her confused. “How can he be that powerful?”

“Well, you see, he is Tristan. No one knows from where his powers come!” She exclaimed, excited. “You will see that later, now…” Trixie leaned her head against Twilight’s shoulder, leaned a little to the side and looked at her with puppy eyes, demanding her to continue reading. Twilight smiled a little and coughed.

“Everyone knew his name, Tristan, the Greatest. He performed the best magic tricks, the best illusions and puzzles, and he made the best spaghetti, which no one could ever resist taking a bite of. No one would like to come face to face with his great and powerful magic powers… His magic was so great that, with all his power, he defeated the two kings and overtook the kingdom for himself, creating his own amazing rules. But one day, someone challenged him to a duel.

That one was called Dusk Shine, a friend of the now exciled exiled kings and a very smart warrior… at least that’s what the king had told everyone. But Tristan knew that this Dusket Shrine, or whatever, wasn’t even prepared to confront his magic.”

“Well… that escalated quickly,” Twilight said giggling and Trixie pouted. “What? I’m liking it… I guess, just that… the way things are going is… really fast. You have four paragraphs and Tristan will fight against this Dusk Shine?” She asked rhetorically. Trixie nodded, making Twilight shrug. “We can come back to this later, where was I?” She then continued reading.

“Dusk Shine had been no match for King Tristan, he almost completely destroyed his enemy. Once he was on the ground, beaten up by Tristan’s magic, Tristan looked at him and smirked. ‘Well, well, well, looks like someone didn’t heed my advice,’ He laughed, ‘Now… I see you are very… interesting…’ he scratched his neck, thinking for a while, then smirked again at his defeated opponent, ‘For being a terrible citizen and challenging your king, I’ll have to give you a punishment!’”

Twilight stared at her girlfriend for a while, not sure where this was going. “Uh… what kind of punishment will he give Dusk?” She asked, flustered a little. “And why is this going so fast? You’ll go back and put in some details of the fight,” she explained, making Trixie groan a little, getting lazy simply by thinking about editing all that in.

“Let’s say… the punishment is really… great.” Trixie smirked, “You can have a quick read of it in the next two pages. It’s two pages just for the punishment Dusk deserved! A very… suggestive punishment,” She said, while Twilight took a quick peek at what Trixie was suggesting… and then blushed. “I heard people love those kind of things,” Trixie said with a smug, mocking voice.

“So… You didn’t give any details for the fight and simply jumped a lot of action and character development for this?” Twilight pointed at the paper.

“Of course!” Trixie exclaimed, withdrawing her head from Twilight’s shoulder and blinking at the other for some time. “Come on, Sparkle, admit it’s well written. This is, by far, the best part of the prologue.”

“Yes, of course,” she murmured while skipping past the punishment part. “But… let’s not read that now. I guess it’s good as it is, right?” She giggled and coughed. “Let’s see, you already wrote the next chapter, great.”

“Of course I did, I’m not lazy,” she stopped for a moment, “Sometimes.”

Twilight shook her head and laughed, and then continued, going to the next chapter.

“After that night, Tristan felt something in his chest for his prisoner, who he was keeping in the dungeon of his fabulous castle. He hadn’t the slightest idea of what it was, but he decided to ignore it, because a foe had appeared in his kingdom! He remembered that guy. He had his hair dyed red and normally wore black clothes.

Black Night, the Destroyer. That was his name. His power was dark magic and he feared nothing, killing who he had to kill, for the pleasure of it. Tristan knew him well. Both had lived in a little village far from the capital, where his kingdom was now, and both shared stories together. And Tristan couldn’t forget the day when he defeated his first foe, Black.

Black was rabid about it and ended his friendship with Tristan, but, with his greatness, Tristan never needed friends. He was good enough alone and didn’t need anyone else! Until he did, of course. The day Dusk walked in and he realized he actually liked that fool was quite a shock. And that is why, even if it cost him his life, he would defeat Black Night and protect his kingdom and his prisoner!”

With that, Twilight couldn’t hold it anymore, she burst out into laughter while Trixie looked at her with a confused expression. “Sparkle, what is so funny? The death of others?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh no, I-I…” she giggled a little more, put the little stack of paper aside on the couch and then looked back at her girlfriend, “Look, I know you put a lot of effort into this. And it is… great, I guess. But this… doesn’t have the best villain ever and the way things are going is too fast!” She exclaimed, raising her hands over her head. “I mean, you have a very… edgy, overpowered villain fighting against an overpowered magician — and Tristan only knew Dusk for a day, how could he love him already?”

“True love, Sparkle!” Trixie protested, “Like what happened with us! True love at first sight.”

“Uh… we fought a lot with each other, remember?” Twilight asked, remembering her university days with Trixie as her very cocky and annoying roommate, their relationship eventually growing into what it was now. Then she realized something and widened her eyes. “Wait… Trixie, is this based on us? I mean, Tristan and Dusk Shine.”

“W-what?! Of course not, why would I have done such thing?” Trixie immediately asked, crossing her arms and looking away, making Twilight laugh.

She shook her head, “Tristan is very… great, and you say that, even after the fight, they get together. Trixie, you don’t need to lie, you know,” she looked at Trixie for a moment, who was still not looking at her and rolled her eyes. “It’s not bad. It’s cute, actually.”

Trixie looked back at her and widened her eyes. “Really? Oh well, of course, it was me who made it. That is why it is the cutest self insert ever!” She let it out and then realized what she said, “I mean… it’s not a self insert, it’s just… really inspired by us, Sparkle.”

“Oh Trixie,” Twilight smooched Trixie’s cheek and Trixie blushed a little, “But, let’s be honest, this still needs work. And you need to get the red and black guy away from this too. Please,” she cringed at the thought of Trixie’s character.

“But does that mean you like it?!”

“Yeah… I guess.” Twilight shrugged, “And I’ll give the punishment part a read later,” she mocked with a playful smirk and Trixie laughed. “For now… let’s just set this here and come back to it later,” Twilight yawned, lying back on the couch. “I need some rest…”

“But did you think it was as great as me?” Trixie lay with Twilight, giving her a questioning look.

Twilight smiled. “Of course not, you will always be the greatest around,” she said, genuinely and Trixie smiled. Twilight gave Trixie another fast smooch, this time on her mouth. “And, please, could you stop being cute?”

“Trixie isn’t cute!” She bite her lip.

Twilight closed her eyes, “Keep saying that, Trixie.” She giggled, “Now let’s rest. Have good dreams about your red and black and super evil guy,” she mocked with a smile.

Trixie punched her in the shoulder. “Oh shush, Sparkle! He is still cool.”

And, with that, Trixie decided to take a nap too, with Twilight lovingly hugging her and Spike watching them snuggling, while also taking a rest. With that, Trixie made a mental note to make a cheesy romance about two characters snuggling and listening to each other's problems while doing cheesy romance things. Trixie was sure this would be her masterpiece, everyone loved fluffiness. She thought of getting up and getting to write.

But she desisted and she fell asleep, satisfied with the approbation of her Sparkle and with a soft smile on her face, feeling warm. Writing her masterpiece of cuteness and comedy could wait, for now, she was feeling too warm and comfortable with Sparkle.

Maybe, that was better than fanfiction.

Author's Note:

I didn't wrote Twixie for years, oh my Celestia... Anyways, I really loved doing this, because, you know, it's pretty ironic. :trollestia: Also generic 'red and black' OC is generic... I also loved doing some shipping with those two, I remember the time when I treated this ship like Sunlight... Oh, good times :rainbowkiss: They're still hella cute tho :3 I ask myself why I never did I one shot with them earlier...

Thanks to Exterminate for the editing! I hope you all like this like I did, it's so ironic it hurts :derpytongue2: See ya later, nerds! :heart:

Comments ( 9 )

...she decided she would do fanfiction! After some research, seeing many types of stories she could write, she saw this could give her a lot of recognition and people loved to waste their time with it, thus she put herself to work while Twilight was at her work shift at Canterlot High.

Hehehe...

This was a really cool read. Very funny (for the irony, as you mentioned), had me chuckling a few points. A-and not because I ever wrote a fanfic like that! :trixieshiftleft:

Nice work :twilightsmile: I like your writing style. And also, Twixie!!! That used to be-- Oh, heck. It's still my favourite ship, even if I don't read as much of it as I'd like to anymore. Glad I stumbled across this!

7062595 It's actually a honor to see you like this silly thing, I mean... damn, you're the writer of 'Eyes On You' :raritystarry: I also don't read much Twixie as I did years ago... Mainly because, years ago, it was my second place OTP, now Sunlight took that place :twilightsheepish: This was also a way of dropping a hint for some red and black alicorn writers... I'm plain tired of those :applejackunsure:

I'm glad you like it :rainbowkiss:

This post is 100% Black Night Approved. :trixieshiftright:
Because angsty, angry red and black OCs are the best OC! :rainbowhuh:

Waitasec, if it's a self-insert, does that mean Trixie wants to keep Twilight in a fungeon?:pinkiegasp::facehoof::trixieshiftright:

Tristan and Dusk Shine OTP. I wept manly tears into my great and powerful beard.

I'm disappointed that Tristan and Dusk Shine didn't have sex.

7248453 Tsk, who said they didn't? :trollestia:

7249421 Because Trixie didn't end the story with "And then they had sex."

7249571 That means nothing. The pages Twilight jumped were full of dirty BDSM and kinky stuff Trixie enjoys :trollestia:

Wow, this was adorable!!

Login or register to comment