• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 14,680 Views, 1,834 Comments

Ponyville's Tiny Librarian - CommanderX5



Twilight has been a tiny, hard-working student for many years, willingly deciding to stay bite size after discovering a love for the adventures and challenges that came with it. Now it is time to start a new chapter of her life in Ponyville.

  • ...
32
 1,834
 14,680

PreviousChapters Next
Ch2 - Ticket Master - Part 2

Ponyville’s Tiny Librarian

-

Chapter 2

Ticket Master
-
Part 2

Twilight groaned, an irritated look on her face as she could feel growing pain in her forelegs that were stretched like a bubble gum. From her left Rainbow Dash was pulling her towards herself. “Why do you want to give the ticket to Rarity? I thought that you didn’t like her as much as you liked me!”

Twilight bit her lips as she could feel a powerful force pull her in opposite directions. “Ah must agree with Dash. How could ya choose Rarity over me? Do ya have any idea how much it would help mah farm if Ah could go!”

“I thought we were friends,” Rainbow Dash said as she squeezed tiny foreleg between her hooves while pulling it towards herself.

“Why Twilight, why?” Applejack said as tiny foreleg between her hooves gained at least a centimeter in length.

Twilight’s annoyance and pain only grew as Rainbow Dash and Applejack played the tug of war with her tiny forelegs playing the role of the rope, both mares complaining that she has chosen Rarity over them and demanded an answer. Twilight grit her teeth, sweat covering her red face as she held air in her lungs, refusing to scream. Finally, her irritation reached its limits as she lit her horn and freed her hooves from this painful torture, both Rainbow Dash and Applejack lost their balance and fell onto their backs with a weak thump.

Twilight landed on her rear hooves as she puffed on her forelegs before casting a healing spell on them, and next she gave Applejack and Rainbow Dash an annoyed glare as both mares sat in front of her. “I am taking Rarity with me because I owe her an apology for how I treated her in the Everfree Forest. Besides, it is Rarity’s dream to meet nobility in Canterlot and socialise with the upper class that she admires so much.”

Both the pegasus and the farm mare lowered their heads in shame as Twilight asked curiously, “Why would you even want to go? I thought you both would hate to be there.”

Dash’s and Applejack’s mouths were agape as they looked at Twilight in disbelief, Applejack spoke first, “Hate to be there? How could ya think that? It's a heap of more than just nice, Ah’d love to go.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “What for, Applejack?” she asked as the idea of Applejack spending time at a boring party with nobles who would call her names flashed in her mind. Suddenly she felt as a hoof grab her and pressed against a shoulder.

“If Ah had an apple stand set up, ponies would be chasin’ our tails ‘til the cows came home. Do ya have any idea how much business Ah could drum up for Sweet Apple Acres?” Applejack explained with excitement, gesturing around the farm with her other hoof.

“With all that money, we could do a heap of fixin’ up around here; like replace that saggy old roof, and Big Macintosh could replace that saggy old plough,” the farm mare took deep breath and pressed Twilight even harder as she added, “and Granny Smith could replace that saggy old hip.” Finally she sighed, lightening the hold over the struggling mare. “Ah would give mah right hind leg to go to that Gala.”

“Applejack, most of what you said just doesn’t make sense. The Gala isn’t like that,” Twilight commented as she pushed the hoof away, only to be taken away by Dash’s.

“The Wonderbolts perform at the ‘Grand Galloping Gala’ every year, I can see it now…” Rainbow Dash explained how she would amaze everypony and the Wonderbolts with her tricks while pressing the little unicorn against her cheek while her other hoof gestured over the sky. “...And then they would welcome me as their newest member.”

“Well, you have a point, but–” Twilight was released, landing on the grass, only to jump to the side the moment Applejack rushed in, avoiding being slammed by farm mare’s foreleg as dust spread around it. Both taller mares started to argue with each other, ignoring everything she said.

Twilight sighed in relief and straightened her softened body, massaging her forelegs while looking at her arguing friends, who quickly started to hoof wrestle. The little unicorn rolled her eyes and turned around, galloping from the farm towards Rarity’s house, deep in her thoughts. It seems that I and my new friends still have a long way to go. I hope that at least Princess Celestia’s and Luna’s reunion is going better than that. Her ears shot upward at the loud noise, causing her to turn around to look at her hoof-wrestling friends… who were now wrestling in the mud. Surely it was impossible for the royal sisters’ reunion to be any weirder than that.

“You’re going to pay, Celestia!” Luna yelled as she flew around the trees in the royal garden, her wings flapping like there was no tomorrow while two pegasi guards followed right behind her. She ended up separated from her sister and Cadence minutes ago, each doing their best to lose the chasing party.

She evaded left and right, even circling around the trees as the giant hooves of the guards tried to catch her now one kilogram heavy body. Suddenly one of the guards blocked her way, forcing the princess to slow down before she could crash against his belly, ending up pinned between guard’s armored hoof and a wooden surface of a tree.

“Release us this instant, or thou wilt feel our wrath!” Luna screamed as she struggled against the guard’s hoof, but it was to no avail; unable to move anything besides her head.

“I am coming, hang in there!” Luna heard the voice of her sister as the guards turned their attention towards her, ending up blinded by a strong flash of the sun flare. Once the guard holding Luna was blinded, the tiny alicorn flew at him with full speed and, with one swift swing of her hind leg, she delivered the pegasus a kick strong enough to push his hundred times heavier body towards the ground as he slammed against it with a weak thump, freeing Luna now from his grasp.

Luna didn’t waste this opportunity as she lit her horn and shot another pegasus in the wing, causing him to fall as well. She then gave an angry glare towards her sister as she asked coldly, “How hast thee gotten us into this mess, sister?”

Celestia smiled at her shrunken sister as they were the same size. “I just wanted to spend some valuable time together with you like in the good old times when we fought against monsters and enemies to protect our little ponies,” Celestia said with an innocent smile and her forelegs curled against her belly.

Luna lit her horn and sent several thunderbolts at two giant pegasi guards who flew to catch them from behind, her sister shooting beams of golden magic of her own as they earthbound two enthusiastic pegasi guards temporarily.

While Luna’s memories of the events when Nightmare Moon was in control were slightly blurred, she still remembered quite an impressive resistance and skills the royal guards displayed while fighting her in the Everfree Forest. Those guards she faced today however were nothing to compare, unable to catch two alicorns despite their massive size and number advantage.

Maybe those Celestia send after us were trained knights, and the ones we’re facing are like squires at best, that would explain why our sister picked them for this crazy game. Luna thought, hearing a silent voice in her head a moment later.

It matters not. First she tricks Twilight, next us, Cadence and the guards, and now she humiliates us. This cannot go unpunished.

“Once We grow back to our original size, thou shalt spend three minutes under our mighty hoof for this!” Luna growled as a loud noise caught her attention, ducking her head just in time as a beam of magic passed above it.

Luna’s eyes opened widely, her mouth agape as she stared into a hole in a tree right behind her, smoke and burned remains decorating it. She quickly turned around, focusing upon the unicorn guards who ran between the trees and sent more deadly projectiles against her as she and Celestia started to evade. Luna looked at her sister and asked with panic, “Why art thine warriors shooting deadly beams of magic as if they’re attempting to kill us, sister? It was meant to be an innocent game of tag.”

Celestia set up a golden barrier around herself and Luna to give them a small break, an awkward smile on her face. “Well… I kind of ordered them to catch us by using any means necessary, aside from changing it into a game of hunter and prey.” The sun princess rubbed back of her neck as she whispered, “And I may or may not have possibly told them they could use lethal force–”

The golden barrier shattered in an instant under a barrage of giant beams as Luna and Celestia were pushed away. The night princess grit her teeth and flapped her wings as she slowly regained her balance and flew away from the unicorns, her sister right next to her. Luna looked to her side and growled, flames of rage in her eyes. “Thou shalt spend five minutes under our hoof when this is over,” she stated as another beam of magic flew above her head, “Six!”

***

Celestia just smiled at the threat as she felt adrenaline flowing through her body, evading beams of deadly magic and fighting for her life side by side with her sister like in the good old days. Oh Luna, you have no idea how much did I missed the times we spent and played together. The times we teased and pranked one another, pushing our bodies to our very limits. I haven’t had that much fun since we turned part of our castle into a trap-filled dungeon... she thought, only to notice a fireball heading towards her and her sister.

“Look out!” Celestia shouted as her wings flapped strongly, dashing upward.

Luna, who was still looking at her sister, turned her head to see a giant meteor of fire flying at her. The tiny alicorn braced her forelegs for the impact, and the moment the burning flames of offensive magic passed her, she could feel an unpleasant smell of burned fur while her mighty and majestic body was now burnt and charred, smoke coming off it.

The blue alicorn gave her sister an angry glare as Celestia was giggling at the sight of her grilled posture. Luna’s anger bottled in her, her transparent mane flaming just as bright as the fireball that had hit her just a moment ago. Her sister briefly wondered if the flames were a manifestation of her sister’s rage, or if her mane really had caught on fire from the fireball; but Celestia didn’t the have time to find out as a powerful and loud voice full of vengeance pushed her with great force.

“TEN!”

Twilight went a long way from the farm towards Rarity’s boutique, sometimes even teleporting ahead to cut down her distance, but the moment she walked next to Sugarcube Corner, the upper doors opened. Twilight’s ears twitched, her head turning to the side as a giant pink shape charged directly at her; reflexively she jumped back, avoiding being crushed by an energetic mare only by inches. “Are you alright, Pinkie?”

Pinkie Pie shook her head and looked around, but after a light bulb appeared above her head, she looked down to see a little unicorn staring back at her. “Hey, Twilight! What brings you to the Sugarcube Corner?” Pinkie asked as she took a cupcake from behind her back and placed it in front of her small friend. “Cupcake?”

Twilight shook her head as she pushed the giant cupcake to the side. “Thanks Pinkie, but I already ate an entire apple today. I'm quite full.” Twilight sat and spread her forelegs as she tried to show the size of the apple. “It was nice almost bumping into you, but I need to visit Rarity. Farewell.”

The little unicorn waved her hoof and jogged at a steady pace towards her destination, but Pinkie Pie quickly caught up as she bounced by her right side. “And why are you visiting her, Twilight? Anything fun going on at the boutique?”

Twilight increased her speed, trying to stay ahead of the bouncing pony. “Not really,” she started as she looked up at her friend, “I just want to pay her for the clothes she made for me.”

“Oh, but she gave them to you as gift! You don't pay for gifts, silly! Imagine how mean it would be if I wanted ponies to actually pay for the parties I made for them!”

Twilight raised an eyebrow at the word ‘pay’, asking, “Tell me Pinkie, how do you even earn enough bits to organise those parties if you don’t ask anypony to pay you, let alone have anything left for living?”

“Oh silly, it's very simple,” Pinkie started, getting Twilight’s attention who slowed down a bit and exposed her ears. “I work at Sugar Cube Corner! I have access to all I need for the parties while Applejack and Fluttershy supply flour and eggs at discounted prices!”

Twilight nodded her head, finding the answer very logical.

“As for the things I need and don’t have access to, I just find them.”

Twilight gave Pinkie a curious glance. “Find them… what do you mean?”

“By saying that I find them I mean that I find them, silly! For a smarty, you sure ask the silliest of questions,” Pinkie replied cheerfully as Twilight looked at her with confusion. “If I need something to cheer up other ponies, I get it; I don’t question how, I'm just happy that I can make other ponies happy with it.”

Twilight’s eye twitched and looked at Pinkie as if she was insane. “Whatever you say, Pinkie. I think I will be going, the ticket to the ‘Grand Galloping Gala’ is not going to deliver itself.” She said before galloping, but a pink streak of lightning passed her and was now towering in front of her.

“Did you say ‘ticket for the Grand Galloping Gala’?”

***

Twilight galloped as Pinkie Pie bounced behind her, still singing her song about how the ‘Grand Galloping Gala’ was the best place for her. Do those ponies really don’t understand that it’s the most boring party in the history? Twilight thought as she increased her speed, still looking at the singing mare right behind her. No pony will buy a single thing from Applejack, the Wonderbolts’ attention will be so focused on the nobles that they will ignore Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie will be bored to death or she will annoy all the nobles to death... which on other hoof won’t be so bad in the long run.

Twilight, deep in thought and not watching where she was going, ended up bumping into something. “S-sorry,” she said as she looked forward, only to see a young white bunny massaging his head before giving her an angry glare, but quickly his hostile expression changed into a confused one. Next to the bunny, Twilight could see forelegs of the overprotective pony who saved her from the Manticore. “Sorry Fluttershy, it seems that I bumped into your friend.”

“It’s quite alright, I’m sure Angel Bunny doesn’t mind. Am I right, Angel?” Fluttershy asked but didn’t get any response, her little friend too focused on examining the tiny unicorn in front of him. “Twilight, this is my friend Angel Bunny, Angel, this is my friend Twilight Sparkle. I hope you both will get along,” Fluttershy introduced as the little mare smiled and walked closer to the bunny, who was just a bit bigger than her.

Twilight raised her her hoof towards him and said, “Nice to meet you, Angel.” The white bunny just stared back at her without returning the gesture, his ears straightening to the sides.

“Now Angel, be nice and shake her hoof,” Fluttershy said, but after Angel ignored her request, she pushed him gently, “Please.”

Angel and Twilight stared at each other for a few seconds before Pinkie Pie jumped over their heads and landed on top of Fluttershy. Angel jumped in panic as he grabbed Pinkie’s hind leg in attempt to pull it but to no avail, only to see the party mare being levitated off the yellow pegasus, surrounded in a lavender aura.

“Are you alright, Fluttershy?” Twilight asked as she used her levitation to help her stand, much to Angel’s surprise who blinked a few times at this display of power, looking between the tiny unicorn and the levitated pony.

Fluttershy was about to answer, but Pinkie Pie jumped between them and started to talk with her about the ‘Grand Galloping Gala’. Twilight sighed and looked at the bunny in pity and spoke, “Sorry Angel, nothing I can do to stop Pinkie Pie, your owner is on her own.” With one quick nod of her head she passed the pet and galloped towards Rarity’s house while the bunny just looked at her running away with a dumbfounded expression, only to rub his eyes moment later.

Twilight finally reached Rarity’s house. At this point she could use her magic to open the door, levitate an object to knock on it, or she could just use the entrance for a cat, but it would be far too easy and no fun at all. Instead, she flexed her legs and jumped at the door while kicking it with her hind leg, not too strong so as to avoid leaving any tiny mark of damage, but also strong enough to make it sound as if somepony was knocking at her door. Twilight repeated her jump-kick three more times before she could hear a loud, “The door’s open, please feel free to enter.”

She once again jumped at the door, her forelegs grabbing the handle while hind-legs pressing against the edge of the entrance, pushing it open. “Twilight? I had no idea that you would be coming. What can I do for you darling?” Rarity asked as she trotted towards the sofa gracefully and gestured her hoof at it. “Please, hop on and make yourself comfortable.”

Twilight did as she was told. The moment she was sitting on the sofa, Rarity sat right next to her and asked, “So what brings you to my Boutique?”

She smiled cheerfully and levitated over her tiny saddlebag, several bits jumping out of it. “I just came to buy the clothes you made for me. I hope I’m not interrupting.”

“Oh no no no no no, Twilight, I would not dare to take bits for something I gave you as a gift.”

Twilight frowned. “I won’t take no for an answer, I want to pay for them like a common pony would, I don’t want any special treatment.”

“But…” Rarity paused as memories of their first encounter flashed in her mind. With a sigh of defeat, she levitated the collection of tiny clothes to Twilight. “That will be twenty bits, since even though I used expensive materials to make them, the required amount was very small.”

Twilight levitated the bits over to Rarity and took the clothes in her levitation field. “Thank you, also, I have a present for you, an apology gift for how I treated you in the Everfree Forest.”

Rarity lowered her head slightly and looked at Twilight with curiosity. “And what may it be? Surely I do not deserve any presents after I hurt your feelings back then.”

“I want to hear nothing of it, Rarity,” Twilight started as she jumped on Rarity’s muzzle, now hanging onto it as she looked her deep in the eyes. “I know how much you would love to go to Canterlot and meet the nobility you admire so much, so I’m sure you’re going to love it!”

Rarity blinked before crossing her eyes, focusing upon the mare on her nose. “Yes, I do, but what does it have to do with—”

“Because the princess sent me two tickets for the ‘Grand Galloping Gala’,” Twilight said hastily as Rarity’s eyes went wide, mouth agape but silent. Twilight climbed further on her muzzle and spread her hooves in excitement, “And I’m inviting you to accompany me! Aren’t you excited?”

Twilight waited patiently, her hind legs holding Rarity’s muzzle form both sides as she observed the stunned mare. She was expecting for Rarity to dance from joy or even embrace her in a hug, something ponies tended to do.

“Thank you very much Twilight, it is very generous and thoughtful of you,” Rarity’s smile softened, “but with a heavy heart, I have to refuse.”

“What?” Twilight whispered as her grip weakened, slowly sliding from the muzzle until she fell off right onto the sofa. While lying on the comfortable surface and with the giant crazy unicorn towering above her, she screamed, "WHAT!"

Rarity cleared her throat with hoof over her mouth. “After the talk with you and the former princess, Cadence, I understood how selfish, self-centered and shallow I was.” Rarity turned her head away from Twilight as she waved her hoof. “I am sure there are friends who need and deserve to be there with you far more than me.”

Twilight’s mind was a mess. “What did you do with Rarity?” she yelled as she pointed her hoof at Rarity accusingly, but the elegant unicorn shook her foreleg.

“Hush Twilight, I may not act like my usual self, but only because I am trying to change for the better. If I were to go with you for my selfish desires, one of our friends would not realise her dream.”

“But… Buuuuut,” Twilight couldn't form any other word than ‘but’ in her throat as she was now speechless. “My head... I want to go home…”

The little unicorn no longer felt the soft surface of the sofa as a blue aura levitated her and tiny clothes outside of the Boutique. “I wish you and another friend you choose to enjoy the Gala, and I hope that the clothes you bought from me will serve you well, have a pleasant and eventful day,” Rarity said as she closed the door in front of Twilight slowly, leaving her speechless and stunned, glaring at the closed door motionlessly with her eye twitching occasionally.

***

Rarity looked outside of her home by the window as she watched her tiny friend walking away, only to raise her head up proudly while saying to herself, “Good work Rarity, you have made a big step forward in your new selfless life. Thanks to your sacrifice, one of Twilight’s friends will have a lot of fun…” her smile weakened slightly, ”partying with the nobility…” her smile turned upside down, “meeting very important ponies…” her ears flattened against her head, “marrying the charming prince…” tail drooped onto the floor. “What have I done!?”

Rarity started to tremble, only to trot in circle in panic as images of herself at the ‘Grand Galloping Gala” flashed in her mind, the very idea that she could marry Prince Blueblood was the final push into insanity. “Realisation of your deepest dream had been given to you on a silver plate, and you just threw it away!” Rarity screamed to herself as she placed her forelegs on the wall and with one strong swing, she hit it with her head. “Rarity, you stupid mare.” She hit her head against the wall again.

“You could have become popular.”

Smash

“You could’ve married a prince!”

SMASH

“You could’ve spent an entire day in the company of nobility!”

SMASH

“Stupid… stupid… stupid!” Rarity repeated over and over as she hit the wall with her head repeatedly, its surface cracking under the force of the continuous blows.

***

Overwatch groaned.

It wasn’t exactly the groan of frustration. Or the groan of exasperation. It was simply the groan of somepony who already knew what was going to happen and wished to be done with it already.

To be fair, it was probably the nobility’s fault that everypony have such strange notions of what the Grand Galloping Gala is, she mused. It was hyped up as the event that everypony should go to, and it didn’t help that it was generally held at the castle with Princess Celestia there to attend. Why would anypony care about an event if it really only held appeal to the noble class?

Regardless, ponies everywhere always got super excited for the gala. The jealousy and disagreements it spawned were a few of the things contributing to her headache at the moment.

A flap of wings drew her attention, and she glanced up into the sky just as Steel Blade alighted just next to her on the roof of Carousel Boutique.

Well, at least she could have some company.

Steel Blade frowned as he tried to find a comfortable position. “I can’t even be surprised to find you up here,” he muttered. “So, what’s happening? And why do you look like you want to punch something?”

“Grand Galloping Gala,” Overwatch droned. “Ponies know that Twiny has extra tickets.”

The white pegasus let out a hum of understanding. “Suddenly, it all becomes clear,” he said. “Y’know, if Twilight doesn’t give them to anypony else before she gets back, we could always offer to take them off her hooves and then there wouldn’t be all this drama around them.”

His companion straightened to attention, frowning. “Why would we care about the gala?”

Steel Blade snorted. “It’s not like we don’t attend every year anyways. This time, we can at least talk to each other without looking unprofessional.”

He paused. “Well, without looking more unprofessional, in your case.”

“And what, we’ll call it a date instead?” Overwatch smirked. “Shouldn’t you already have a special somepony at your age? You’re what, moving into your late thirties?”

“Well…” Steel Blade responded, feigning thought, “I guess I did chase a few mares when I was younger. Y’know, in between all the guard shifts and extra training.”

“Wow. Really? I can’t believe I never noticed,” the guard mare said, genuinely surprised. “And none of them worked out?”

Steel Blade simply shrugged. “Well, it’s more that I’ve had my eye on one particular mare for a while now…”

“Ahh, that makes a bit more sense. I hope that works out, by the way, especially if you left her back in Canterlot,” Overwatch said, before hopping off the roof like a cat and carefully following behind their charge.

The guard stallion chuckled. “Thanks,” he said with a soft smile, before jumping off after her with a flutter of his wings.

Author's Note:

Here is first part of chapter 2. My top editor managed to edit the beggining and last scene while others helped with the middle. I hope that the quality is acceptable and that I didn't overdid interaction between Celestia and Luna.

Now when Twiny is in Ponyville, Celestia no longer have her tiny student to take care of, teach and adventure with, so she's trying to bond with her sister instead. Luna is not amused.

Also, poor Rarity. She's trying hard to become a better pony, and now it backfired.

PreviousChapters Next