• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 4,770 Views, 274 Comments

World of Ponies: A Collection of Days - ShadowWalking18



In days of peace, the little moments are what count the most.

  • ...
21
 274
 4,770

A Daddy Day Gift

Moonlight smiled as she added some glitter to her Super, Secret Project. She had the door to the crafts room that daddy had made for them and mommy locked and Mr. Bearcular, a stuffed bear with fangs she had added on, sat in front of the door to leap at any would be intruders.

Nopony could ever see this. It could destroy the entire world if it was discovered!

"There. All done." Moonlight said with a smile, as she looked down at her hoofwork.

It was a big picture of her family. Crayon colored shapes of her and Azure, standing beside two taller figures that were colored to look like mommy and daddy. A big red outline of a heart surrounded the little stick figure family and the words: Happy Daddy's Day to the Bestest Daddy Ever, was drawn underneath. Pink glitter surrounded the edges, making the whole picture sparkle brightly in her eyes. And it covered the entire work bench.

"There. See Mr. Bearcula?" Moonlight said, hoping down from her chair to grab her bear and show the stuffed creature her work, "Daddy will love it. Now all we have to do is put it in an envelope."

Moonlight reached out to grab the envelope she had gotten just for this occasion, when she realized something. It was a big, massive piece of an envelope that Uncle Discord had made for her when she had asked for the biggest envelope to hold the biggest, bestest card in the world.

But as Moonlight struggled to pull and place the big piece of paper down, she came to a conclusion that perhaps next time she should try something easier.

Of course, once she had the envelope ready, she carefully folded her card, glitter flaking off slightly and getting all over her hooves and dress. But soon enough she had it neatly in the envelope and ready to seal.

Sticking her tongue out, Moonlight began to lick the area of the envelope to wet the glue. It tasted nasty, and as she came barely a few inches from the first corner she realized that it might take more then one licking to get the envelope tightly sealed.

"Ugh, next time I should use tape." Moonlight groaned, dragging her tongue along her fangs. Trying to get the taste of glue off of it once she was finally done. Still she could not help but smile, knowing that she had made the best gift for daddy in the world.

Grabbing up her bear, and gripping the monstrous envelope, Moonlight unlocked the door and proceeded to exit the room. Daddy would be home soon from work, and she wanted to be the first to give him his card.

But, then the envelope got stuck between the door.

"Awww. Come on." Moonlight whined, pulling on the envelope, trying to get it unstuck.


Azure smiled, looking down at the cake she and mom had made. it was a small sized chocolate cake, with a vanilla, buttercream frosting. Dad liked chocolate.

"Good job." Mom said, wiping her hooves on her apron before giving Azure a hug.

Azure smiled, "You think dad will like it."

Mom smiled, "Of course. He has a bit of a sweet tooth, just like you."

Azure blushed, "I...I don't like them that much."

"Oh?" Mom smirked, "I seem to remember Pinkie Pie telling me how you helped her eat a whole plate of Double Trouble Truffle Bon Bons she made."

Azure blushed harder, "W-well they were good. And she offered, it would have been rude."

Mom chuckled and kissed Azure's cheek, "Oh, I'm just teasing you my silly little nightingale."

Azure smiled, "So, what now?"

"Now you can decorate it. I have all the items set out for you here." Mom said, showing Azure a line of candies, decorating cake gels and more.

Azure smiled and immediately got to work.


Castus groaned, finally glad to be home. It was late, he was sure everyone was asleep by now. His time in Canterlot was nothing short of a pain. Nobles bugged him. Hell, sometimes he even felt sorry for Blueblood. All the lies and half truths. The sucking up. It could make a person wonder if any of those noble ponies had any real friends. Maybe some did, but the most all seemed intent on power plays.

'God. And I was the king at that crap.' Castus thought with a sense of irony as Karsus memories came to mind.

He wondered when the Empire would see its own version of that. It was going to happen, like it or not in a few generations. Still, it was a blessing to be back home where he could relax.

"Happy Father's Day."

"Happy Daddy's Day."

Castus jumped in surprise, as he opened the door and stood before his two daughters, Azure and Moonlight. The two thestrals looked up at him with big smiles, and each had a present for him in their hooves.

Azure had a plate with a small cake on it. It seemed his eldest daughter had her sweet tooth take control as it was covered in all sorts of candies and the like, with a message of We Love You, written in cake jelly on it. And where on earth did Moonlight get an envelope that big?

Then Castus realized something. It was father's day.

He smiled, looking down at his daughters and carefully hugged them both. He felt rather silly to have forgotten about the holiday. He had been so busy, that it had slipped his mind. But his daughters had remembered, and that made him feel a warmth in his heart.

"Aw, thank you girls." He said, smiling as he kissed their foreheads.

Both the girls kissed his cheeks, and hugged him. Azure had to be careful with her cake, but she managed a one hoof hug for her father. Moonlight wrapped both her hooves around Castus' neck and squeezed with all her little body could give in strength.

Finally Castus turned to the gifts. He cut himself a slice a cake, and offered one to his daughters. The three of them sat down and ate, while Castus worked on trying to open the envelope. He had to practically use a kitchen knife like Michael Myers had just to get it open; since a normal letter opener was just to small. The card inside made him smile, though they were going to need a bigger fridge.

Eventually though, he had to send the girls to sleep. Still, he had to consider himself a lucky father to have such loving daughters. But as he entered his room, he soon found that he had one other gift waiting for him.

"Oh, your home."

Castus stopped in his tracks, eyes widening and his mouth falling open as he stared at the sight before him.

Twilight, and Fluttershy both sitting on the bed. Both girls at on their knees, hooves around each other and both were tightly bound with a bright red ribbon that wrapped around their bodies. Seated on the nightstand was a bottle of wine and three glasses. Castus gulped, looking at the two as they looked at him with half closed eyes.

"Why don't you close that door and come unwrap your presents." Fluttershy said, as she licked up Twilight's neck and kissed her briefly, when the kiss ended the girls mouths were still connected by a thin line of saliva.

'God. I really am lucky.' He thought, shutting the door and casting a silence spell.

Author's Note:

A short, cute little chapter with a sweeter bit at the end. I didn't have time for a big one, since I had a school paper to write, but wanted to get out a Father's Day special.