• Published 29th Jun 2016
  • 436 Views, 1 Comments

Derpy and Carrot Top 2: The Gathering - Rtrotten



The sequel to Derpy and Carrot Top. Derpy Hooves is being hunted down for knowing a secret an evil secret, that Celestia is evil.

  • ...
 1
 436

The Shadow King

Sombra smiled back, "You guessed right."

Derpy stood in shock Should I run, should I fight? Would he kill me either way?

"You have a lot of fears and doubts, we can't win a war unless you are using it correctly."

Derpy sat down, "What, you aren't going to kill me?"

Sombra gave a small chuckle, "We are at least on the same side until Celestia is dead. I have a feeling you have some questions but due to lack of time I will have to do the next best thing." Sombra's body expanded out as he formed a mass of pitch black clouds, "I'm sorry Derpy," he said as he surrounded her.


Derpy woke up in a damp dark room surrounded by the smell of blood. There was a constant whir of machinery with a random hiss of steam every so often. "Hello, is anyone there!" No response came from the machines. Derpy got up slowly and shakily as her eyes adjusted to the dark. Derpy slowly walked through a broken concrete corridor, stone on all sides. The cracks in the stone had leaks of what seemed to be clouds, Derpy knelt down to be positive. "I must be in the clouds but this can't be real concrete can it?" Derpy kept walking until she came to a tall and rusty metal door, the smell becoming stronger. The door looked like it was strong enough to withstand an explosion. Beside it was a large gold plated lever that had small illegible writing carved into it, the strange thing about it was the keyhole. Derpy pulled the lever down hard but found that it wouldn't budge, "Where am I supposed to find a key?" Derpy was about to turn again she felt something, a breeze.

Derpy slowly applied force to the door, it opened surprisingly easily and with almost no noise. Inside was dark as well but was not stone like before. The room has many tall and skinny boxes that made up the windows, most shattered or broken in. Derpy almost didn't notice the pony sitting at the desk on the side of the room adjacent from where she entered. Derpy reached for her sword but it was missing along with her armor. Derpy couched down as if to hide in the open room, "Hello," Derpy whispered. The pony sat still and quiet. Derpy slowly crawled behind the now noticeable buck as she kept quiet. Depy almost threw up as she saw a massive hole that had clearly gone through his body leaving him to die sitting at his desk. The pony almost seemed to be looking at something behind his desk. Derpy came to the other side of him as she looked at the drawer that was just a crack open. She pulled it out to find a piece of paper that had writing on it that seemed to be in fine cursive. She pulled it out and looked back to the front of the dest to see something rushing at her from out of the darkness, that or it was a lamp that was sitting on the desk. Either way Derpy had to take a quick breather. Once Derpy had calmed down, she fiddled around with the switch.

The lamp glowed an ugly shade of yellow that flickered on and off for a few seconds before it solidified. Derpy took the time to look over the buck, making sure to not take into much detail. Blue with, metal wings? How does a pony have metal wings?


"General, wake up."

Derpy sat up slowly, "Stop putting me to sleep."

Carrot Top helped Derpy to her hooves as she looked around. "We need to get moving."

"Hold on, when did you start calling me general."

"No time to talk, we must move," Carrot Top nudged Derpy closer to a wall.

"Carrot, stop, you're going to push me into that..." In an instant, Derpy became one with that wall and walked out the other side.

"We, need to keep moving general."

Derpy looked back at the wall they had just passed through, "Who are you?"

"I'm your daughter," said Dinky.

Derpy started to breathe rapidly, ''Stop, I need to get back."

Amethyst gave Derpy and apologetic look, "I'm sorry but we can't stay here, you can't trust them."

Derpy stood there for a minute watching as different ponies would take the position of whoever was talking. Derpy would blink and they would change: Acheron, The Doctor, Celestia, Luna, Twilight, Discord, Ration. When Derpy next opened her eyes, she stood looking at Sombra as he spoke, "You need to keep moving, I know you can't understand what is going on but you need to keep moving."

Derpy looked into his dark red eyes; they emitted trust and insurance. "Where should I go?" Sombra smiled as he nodded toward a nearby hallway, "Just run, I'll guide you."

Derpy took off running as she heard a loud yell, "Find her!"

Time seemed to slow and quicken as she ran; Corridors flew by while corners slowed to a crawl. Derpy kept moving through the ancient hall as statues and silhouettes danced in her vision. Derpy hit another corner in the slowed time, that was when she saw it. The most disgusting changeling, it was covered in slime and fungus. Derpy could look over each and every feature as she adjusted her course to move around it. She could see one of its five bulging and infested eyes turning to track what it just saw. Derpy waited in anticipation for time to speed up again as she turned forward but it never came.

She blinked and once again Sombra was there, "Derpy, I gave you this sight, now use it."

Derpy turned her head back to see that the changeling had registered what just happened and needed to get moving to catch its prey, Derpy smiled as time sped up again. She ran the golden corridor and turned the corner. Time slowed down as she reached for her sword. She pulled it out of its sheath, watching inch by inch as a flame engulfed the sword. Depry swung the sword back and waited for a certain thing to come into view. She watched as its eyes came into view and began the attack. She could see the fear in its eyes and the sword inched its way toward the changeling. Derpy stopped inches before metal met eye, allowing the flame to continue on into the changeling's face. Time sped up again as the changeling cried out smashing the wall adjacent to Derpy. She looked down the hall at Sombra who was smiling. She turned and continued to run.

She entered a large empty corridor filled with bones and popped balloons. She frowned as she continued to gallop, she spoke to the Sombra who must have been listening, "I remember being here...I can't even recall how long ago. How long have I been out here wandering Equestria in search of some answer to this call? Derpy felt time slow as she approached a tall arch. She could feel something was wrong, she could feel something evil. Derpy continued inch by inch toward the arch waiting for something to round it; That was when she got the feeling to burn. Derpy watched as her armor flamed up, each individual line slowly engulfing the metal. She turned again as she was about to enter the arch. Suddenly a wave of frozen air hit Derpy's lungs as she was swept off of her feet and into the air. Derpy flapped her wings wildly trying to find equilibrium in her current state. Derpy let time slow as she took in her surroundings: She was turning upside down as she was carried but what she now could see as the wendigos. Derpy looked at her armor and realized that the frozen air had extinguished the flame on her armor. She quickly lit the flame again as she let time speed up. Derpy was quickly dropped which sent her flying toward the water. Derpy spread her wings and glided above the water. Derpy suddenly felt a heavy snap in her back as something pushed her underwater. The flame died as Derpy came face to face with the eyes of four wendigos.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment