• Published 29th Jun 2016
  • 430 Views, 1 Comments

Derpy and Carrot Top 2: The Gathering - Rtrotten



The sequel to Derpy and Carrot Top. Derpy Hooves is being hunted down for knowing a secret an evil secret, that Celestia is evil.

  • ...
 1
 430

Buffalo Nation

Carrot Top yelled out, "Hello, where is everypony." She waited in silence hoping that she would hear something. She stomped a hoof and started galloping through trees and bushes. After a few minutes of running, she heard a sound and stopped. She got down a slid under a bush still breathing hard, and she listened for it again.

"Are you sure you saw her land over here, we can't tell the chief that we lost her." Carrot Top could see two buffalo standing, scanning the area for any sight of their prize. Carrot Top's ear twitched as she heard a quiet rustling behind her, when she looked back, she could see Derpy's golden eyes peering out at her through the bushes. Suddenly the bush moved and out came a small Buffalo holding a short spear.

Carrot Top got up to run but was held down by the two Buffalo," Nice distraction little one, your father is going to be very pleased.

Carrot Top struggled underneath their weight, "Let me go, I need to find my friend!"

The small Buffalo smiled, "You mean the gray one right, derpy lookin eyes. Yeah, we got her too." The two Buffalo pulled her up and slipped a rope around her neck. They also placed a cloth over her eyes making her unaware of where she was being led. After an unknown amount of time, she began hearing voices and the crackling of a fire in the distance. As the sound got louder Carrot Top got more and more worried. Carrot Top was about to take a step when the rope went taught for a split second causing Carrot Top to back up quickly. The voices were now surrounding her speaking a different language. Suddenly she was blinded by both the dark and the light.

Carrot Top squinted and rubbed her eyes trying to make sense of what was going on. In front of her was a massive fire and from the inside of it came a voice yelling in that same language, that was until it talked to Carrot Top and the Buffalo guarding her, "Bring her to my resting place."Carrot Top looked across the fire now to a buffalo a bit larger than both of her guards. One of the Buffalo nudged her in the direction of the giant buffalo.

The buffalo that was leading suddenly stopped, turned around and gestured inside of the teepee.When the two guards left, Carrot Top looked back in confusion. Keeping a confused face, she entered the tent. Carrot Top gasped at what she saw. Inside was Derpy's head on a wooden plaque sitting on display on the far side of the table. Carrot Top sad down hard as she stared.

Suddenly the expressions on Derpy's face changed from her blank stare into a wide smile as she got up and unhooked a latch at the base of the plaque opening it in two pieces. Carrot Top's look of sadness suddenly turned into an expression of pure rage, ''How dare you scare me like that!"

Derpy waved a hoof as she laughed, "Carrot Top please, I didn't even know you were here yet."

Carrot Top returned to a state of confusion, "You knew I was coming."

Derpy gestured to the buffalo who was now standing half way in the teepee due to Carrot Top sitting in the way, "Well I told the chief here that I had lost my friends and that they must be near by. I described everypony and I guess they only found you."

Carrot Top quickly moved out of the way and made her way to Derpy's side of the table, "If you knew that I was friendly how come those other two Buffalo more accurately captured me then kindly bringing me back."

The Chief rubbed the back of his head, "Sorry about that when my son over heard that I was sending two of my soldiers to go look for some ponies I think he assumed that we were capturing them. My soldiers must have played a long with it."

"Why do you call those two buffalo your soldiers?"

"Well most of our kin are soldiers, there are great threats in this world, and unfortunately many seek our land to start their campaign."

"Don't you all have names."

"Yes, but every name is sacred and saying them in front of others who are not in our tribe....well we don't do it. I know ponies enjoy being able to call each other by name so you may call me Chief.''

"Well, thank you Chief for bringing me back to Derpy," Carrot Top then switched to Derpy, ''So has nopony else been found, also how did we get all the way over here from the land of the zebra's to all the way down near Appaloosa?"

Chief's face suddenly went stern, "You say that you traveled a great distance without remembering the events, you also say some of your friends are missing. I know a circumstance of which something like this would occur."

Derpy looked at Carrot Top and then to Chief, "What happened."

"That's the problem; It is an organization called Ordo and Chao. If you are here and your friends are not," Chief went silent and continued his thought, "It doesn't make sense. You couldn't have escaped; they would let you. They must have let you escape, but for what reason?" Chief turned back to Derpy and Carrot Top, "Did either of you have a crystal or gem of some sort with you?"

Carrot Top shook her head and looked at Derpy. Derpy reached into her bag and pulled out a snout sized crystal. All eight sides were smooth as glass, even its top and bottom looked perfectly cut. It seemed like a stain glass window that you might see in a cathedral, it's black tint furthered the look.

Chief smiled as he took it from her hooves, "Finally we have one," Chief looked from the crystal over to Derpy, "You don't know much we've needed this. For this, I guess I won't have to kill you after all."

Derpy reached for her sword, but before she could reach it, it was shot away by a bolt of green magic. Derpy turned back to see Chief smiling as green specks of glowing dust surrounded his body.

Carrot Top turned to Derpy as she got up, "We need to get out of here!

Derpy made the second reach for her sword which was successful which she then threw at the wall of the tent. Derpy then turned back to grab her bag, that was when she saw the changeling queen. Derpy turned and ran out the of the tent behind Carrot Top. Carrot Top was a few meters in front of Derpy as she grabbed her sword. Derpy took to the sky as Carrot Top kept running. Derpy looked back toward the teepee in time to see it burst into a green flame, "Carrot Top, keep moving!" Derpy stopped and flew straight down, at the last second she curved sideways in a large half circle. Derpy held her sword out as it lit up in flames causing the grass to take fire. Derpy then landed softly, taking a defensive stance as she waited in anticipation for something to come flying out of the green fire.

Derpy waited for a couple of seconds before breaking her stance. Derpy looked behind and to the sides waiting for an attack, but nothing came. Derpy looked to the sky, but nothing. Derpy started thinking for a second before she sat down.

Carrot Top, from the other side of the fire, shouted, "Where are they?"

A sudden realization came to Derpy causing her to fly into the air. She climbed as fast as she could and then dropped her physics defying bag. She quickly made an arc upsidedown pointing her straight at the ground. Her armor then burst to life as she cannoned toward the ground, she then copied her previous moved and created a ring of fire around the bag. Derpy kept going faster and faster creating a tornado of fire. Carrot Top watched in amazing as the tornado held it's shaped.

Suddenly a bolt of green magic came from within the fire hurtling Derpy towards the forest they were running towards earlier. Carrot Top looked back at the fire to see multiple black creatures crawling out of the fire. Behind them came a much larger on carrying Derpy's bag in its mouth. Carrot Top backed up as she shook in fear, "You're the changelings, I've heard stories of you. What do you want from us?"

The large changeling smiled, "I am queen chrysalis, queen of the changelings, a former member of Ordo ad Chao. I needed this," She held up the crystal that Derpy pulled out earlier, "I need you two for my plan to be fufiled."

"What is that."

"I learned my lesson the last time I gave away my plan pre-action."

Carrot Top looked in the direction that Derpy was thrown, "So what does that mean for us?"

Author's Note:

Trying to find a proof reader/editor to make these chapters better and faster produced.