• Published 10th Mar 2016
  • 1,535 Views, 23 Comments

Sunrise and Sunset - sunbuttsparkle



Sunset Shimmer and Sunrise Light were the best of friends when they were little, until a tragedy cut off their friendship. 12 years later, they meet again..what will happen?

  • ...
17
 23
 1,535

Chapter 2: You look familiar...

Author's Note:

I am so sorry I have not updated in like, forever. I promise to update as frequently as I can. A big thank you to all my proofreaders and everybody in the PoME group for all the help, I appreciate it so much. Now, here's the next chapter of 'Sunrise and Sunset'. Enjoy! -Sun :twilightsmile:

Sunrise and Sunset

Chapter 2: You look familiar…

Sunrise put his books in his locker and began to head to his first class of the day, Mr. Bullet’s class. He walked into the classroom, and sat in the seat he always sits in: the front seat on the far right side of the classroom. There was one empty seat beside him, and one behind him. Indigo Zap, Sunny Flare, Lemon Zest, Sugarcoat, and all the other students walked into the classroom, then the bell rang.

Mr. Bullet was still not in the classroom, like always.

After about 5 minutes, Mr. Bullet walked in, along with Principal Cinch. All the students except Sunrise didn’t notice that Cinch walked in, they were all busy talking.

Cinch cleared her throat. “Excuse me, students.” She looked around the room and waited until all the students stopped talked, then she began to talk again. “We have a new student joining your class today.”

Cinch waved over at the door, and after a few seconds of silence and every student looking at the door, curious of who the student will be...the door opened, and a girl walked into the classroom.

She was wearing the normal Crystal Prep uniform: a plaid purple and blue skirt, a white dress shirt with a plum colored long-sleeved vest overtop of it, white knee-high socks, and dress shoes. She had orange skin, and her orange hair with yellow highlights was tied into a ponytail, some strands of her short curly hair hanging down around her face, and she had teal eyes.

Sunrise looked at the girl.

‘She looks really familiar…’ he thought to himself.

Mr. Bullet walked over to the new girl. “This is Sunset Shimmer, she will be in our classroom now until the end of the year.” he then looked around at the seats, and noticed the empty one next to Sunrise. “Sunset, you can go take that seat beside Sunrise.”

‘Is it really her?’

Sunset sat beside Sunrise, and she avoided all eye contact with him.

‘It has to be him…’ Sunset began to look over at her old childhood friend, but then stopped. ‘No, Sunset! You don’t want him to think you are a creep. He probably doesn’t even remember you…’

She then put her head on her desk, embarrassed.


Mr. Bullet began the lesson, Sunrise looking over at Sunset every few minutes, still in disbelief that it might be the old childhood friend he had years ago.

Then the bell rang, and everyone left the classroom, Sunrise heading to his locker. But then he saw Sunset stopping at the locker beside his. Sunrise stopped at his locker, and was standing right beside her. He noticed that she was having a problem with her locker.

“You need help with that?” Sunrise asked her, looking at her locker.

Sunset backed away from her locker. “Yes..”

Sunrise looked at the lock on her locker. “What’s your combination?”

Sunset thought for a moment. “5-39-27”

He put the combination into her locker, and it opened.

“Thank you…” Sunset looked down, then looked back up at Sunrise. “What’s your name?”

‘Dangit, she forgot about me….’

“The name’s Sunrise.” he introduced himself. “And your name is?”

“Sunset.” She said. “Hey, I know this may sound weird..but I remember you from a long time ago. We were friends when we were little….do you remember me?”

“Yes, I do.” Sunrise laughed and scratched the back of his neck nervously. “I thought you didn’t, so I didn’t bring it up. What class do you have next?”

“English with Mrs. Rose.” Sunset stated while looking at her schedule.

“I have that class, too!” Sunrise said excitedly.

Then the bell rang.

“The class that we are now late for…” Sunrise said, disappointed. “We have to go to Cinch’s office to get a late slip. Mrs. Rose won’t let us in the class if we don’t have one.”

Sunrise began to walk towards Cinch’s office.

“Follow me, I’ll show you where Cinch’s office is.”

“Snow is going to be sooo mad at me…” Sunset sighed.

“Snow? You mean Snow Bullet….as in..Mr. Bullet?” Sunrise asked.

“Yeah..he’s my uncle…” Sunset stated. “I’m living with him until my dad moves out here.”

“Oh, cool.” Sunrise said. “But where did you live before you moved here, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Manehatten.” Sunset answered sadly. “The girls were so snobby and rude there. I hated it so much. I didn’t make any friends. I just mostly stayed to myself, and read.”

“Oh, wow…” Sunrise looked at Sunet sympathetically. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

Sunrise stopped at a big light purple door, and opened it.

The chair was turned around the other way, and Principal Cinch was sitting down in it.

“Ms. Shimmer and Mr. Light, what are you two doing in my office when the two of you are supposed to be in class?” She didn’t even bother turning around.

“I’m sorry, Cin- I mean Principal Cinch. We were late to class. Sunset had trouble getting her locker ope-”

“Dean Cadence, please get me my detention slips.” Cinch interrupted.

Cadence appeared from another room with the detention slips and gave them to Cinch. She grabbed a pen and wrote on two slips. She handed one slip to Sunrise and the other to Sunset. They both left her office.

“Snow is going to be so mad at me…” Sunset shook her head.

“Don’t worry. If he finds out, I’ll tell him it’s my fault.” Sunrise reassured her.

They both began to walk to Mrs. Rose’s class, until they heard someone walking fast behind them.

“SUNSET, WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!?” Mr. Bullet was walking fast behind the two.

Sunset facepalmed.

“Mr. Bullet, it was my fault, don’t be mad at her…” Sunrise stated.

“Sunset….Cinch told me you were late to class and got detention. Your dad is not going to be happy about this.” Mr. Bullet told her. “I don’t want to make your dad mad. Now get to your class, we will talk about this later.”

“Okay Snow, see ya later.” Sunset started to walk away, following Sunrise to her next class.

Sunrise stopped at a pink crystal-like door, and peeked through the window. Mrs. Rose was teaching the class, but Sunrise knocked on the door, and after a minute, she opened the door.

“Oh, you must be the new student.” She pointed to Sunset. “You’re Sunset Shimmer, right?”

“Yup, that’s me...sorry we’re late. I couldn’t get my locker open, and Sunrise helped me get it open.” She handed Mrs. Rose the detention slips.

“It’s okay.” Mrs. Rose looked at Sunrise. “Thank you for helping Sunset with her locker, you can go sit down at your desk.”

“It’s no problem, Mrs. Rose.” Sunrise said as he sat down at his desk.

Sunset and Mrs. Rose walked into the classroom, and Sunset stood beside Mrs. Rose in the front of the classroom.

“Alright students, we have a new stu-”

Then the bell rang.

Comments ( 5 )

Glad to see the two getting along.
I'm surprised the Shadow 5 haven't gotten to them.

7306519 I should get to work on mine, just have to get my job settled in first.

Nice chapter

great job sun! I look forward to the next chapter!
mise: I wonder how high those two are going to jump when the see my car
Octavia: if you do anything to purposefully scare them, you're sleeping on the couch

CSC

Why is it cancelled?

Login or register to comment