• Published 29th Mar 2016
  • 2,231 Views, 68 Comments

Diamonds Are for Apples - sonicfan05



While watching a crime investigation show, the Crusaders were shocked that the diamond thief looked exactly like Apple Bloom's sister, Applejack.

  • ...
1
 68
 2,231

Chapter 3

Canterlot's police station.

A place where all the officers of law served their duty to protect their citizens from threat and keep the town safe. It is also a place where crooks get locked up for breaking the law or harming other civilizations. Crime rarely happens in the city of Canterlot. As a resort, it is considered the friendliest town in the country. But if anyone breaks the law or commit a crime in this town, then it would considered to be big news! The crimes that the Diamond Bandit pulled off is no exception. The staff of the building were hectic than usual, as they raced back and forth, taking multiple phone calls and working on their computers like there's no tomorrow.

During all that chaos, two girls walked into the building at a quick pace. They stopped when they realized that their third member didn’t come into the building with them. Scootaloo quickly turned and head outside to retrieve their friend. When she got back, she was dragging her purple and pink haired friend who was resisting to be dragged into the building. Scootaloo kept dragging Sweetie Belle until they stood right in front of Apple Bloom.

“Sweetie Belle, what the hey is wrong with you?” Apple Bloom demanded.

“I don’t want to be in a police station!” Sweetie Belle squeaked.

Apple Bloom raised her eyebrow. “Why?”

“What if they found out I once accidentally ripped a tag off of my bed?”

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. “Okay first of all, it is only illegal to remove the label before you bought the mattress not after. And second, you removed it from home when you were eight.”

Sweetie Belle shushed them loudly and frantically looked around her to see if anyone was listening.

“Don’t say that out loud!”

“Girls, focus!" Apple Bloom exclaimed. "We’re here to ask questions about dealin’ with App-the Diamond Bandit.”

Scootaloo looked unsure. “And how are we going to do that without mentioning App-”

“Let me do the talkin’!” Apple Bloom answered, cutting Scootaloo off.

They made their way to the front desk, hoping to find somebody who was not busy. What they weren't expecting was that they found a familiar looking white skin man with blue hair, black eyebrows, and light blue eyes while wearing a police uniform with more metals on his chest then the other officers around them. The young officer met their eyes and blinked in surprise.

“Apple Bloom? Sweetie Belle? Scootaloo?”

Apple Bloom and her friends minds clicked and their eyes widened when they realized who this person is.

“Shinning Armor?” Apple Bloom breathed in shock.

Shinning Armor is one of the staff members from Crystal Prep. He is also the brother of this world's Twilight Sparkle. They met him once at Pinkie's welcome party for Twilight after her transfer to CHS became official. She never spoke to him because she was still weary of him. Not because he's from Crystal Prep, since Twilight was from there too (and she's the nicest person from that place too), but it is because he looked very intimidating to her for some reason. Twilight assured her that he's very nice and is willing to help others.

Apple Bloom shook out of her shock. "What ya'll doin’ here?”

Shinning Armor chuckled. “You didn’t know? I’m the captain of the police department.”

“But Ah thought you’re the Alumni of Crystal Prep?” said Apple Bloom.

“Used to be," Shinning Armor answered. "This police business is my second job…well my only job now."

Shinning Armor looked away with a growl. "I quitted Crystal Prep when I found out what that…woman did to my sister!”

Apple Bloom looked down. “Oh…Ah'm sorry to hear that.”

Shinning Armor smiled reassuring. “It’s no big deal, I never liked that place anyway. Although I may reconsider going back to that school after Cadence takes over as the new principle. The original did nothing but made students lives cold and miserable…more so than usual!”

Apple Bloom frowned in worry. “You mean things were bad after the Friendship Games?”

“I shouldn’t have said that!" Shinning Armor muttered before he gave them his convincing smile. "Listen girls, don’t worry about that, it was taken care of as we speak. Now, what can I do for you three? You girls didn’t break the law while finding your talent didn’t you?”

Shinning Armor was half kidding and half serious when he asked that question. He was told by his sister's friends that their younger sisters have the knacks when it comes to getting themselves in trouble just to find their talents. And he heard many stories about their misadventures.

“Well…” Apple Bloom began hesitantly until she was cut off by Sweetie Belle.

“What’s the penalty for tearing the tag off of the mattress from home?”

Shinning Armor blinked. “What?”

“Forget her!" Apple Bloom quickly interjected as Scootaloo roughly nudged Sweetie Belle's side with her elbow. "What AH want to know…if…you ever heard of a gal called…"

She then looked around her for a moment before she leaned over to speak in her whisper voice.

"The Diamond Bandit?

As soon as Apple Bloom asked about the Diamond Bandit, everyone in the whole station suddenly stopped what they were doing. All the officers and staff turned and stared at the Crusaders, analyzing every action they made. The whole station was now in an uncomfortable silence except from the sound of the phones that were suddenly off the hooks and the dial tone sounds from their computers. The girls felt very uncomfortable as they felt everyone eyes dig through the back of their heads. Despite the sudden tense atmosphere, Shinning Armor answered Apple Bloom's question.

“Uh…yeah, we heard of her. How can we not? This “gal” has stolen over five million dollars worth of diamonds.”

Apple Bloom swallowed. “A-Ah see…”

Apple Bloom figured they'll get more suspicious by the second, she decided to gather the info as quickly as possible.

“Ah had another question! What would happen if…"

"Hypothetically speaking,” Scootaloo helped out.

Apple Bloom continued. “What would happen if the Diamond Bandit...decided to turn herself in?”

“Hypothetically speaking,” Sweetie Belle added.

“Well ‘hypothetically speaking,’" Shinning Armor began, while air quoting that phrase. "This lowlife will spend time rotting in her jail cell for the rest of her life that’s what.”

Apple Bloom eyes widened in fear while her friends gave her their concerned expressions. While it hurt her to hear the things that Shinning Armor said about her sister, the thought of Applejack spending her life behind bars was the worst thing she could possibly imagined. This would be a heartache not only to her, but to the rest of her family as well.

Apple Bloom quickly shook out of her thoughts.

“Ah see!” Apple Bloom answered loudly.

There's no way she'll let that happen! Apple Bloom needed to find a way to get her sister out of trouble without getting a one-way ticket to jail. She needs more information that could help her get around it like some kind of loophole.

Apple Bloom cleared her throat.

“One more question! What would happen...if this lowlife were to put the diamonds back?”

She received bewildered expressions from her friends, but she choose to ignored them.

“You mean…returning them to the jewelry store?” Shinning Armor clarified.

“Y-yeah, somethin’ like that,” Apple Bloom answered.

Shinning Armor furrowed his brows. He wasn't sure why Apple Bloom asked him this strange question, but he decided to answer it anyway.

“Well…I suppose, if she were to decide to put the diamonds back where they belong, maybe things could go a little easier for her."

Shinning Armor eyes then narrowed. "Why you ask?”

Caught off guard like a deer in headlights, Apple Bloom slowly backed away towards the entrance. “Oh uh…no reason. Just…curious,”

“Yeah…just us curious kids…stopping by…" Scootaloo added as she was also slowly stepping back to the entrance door.

“Because we’re curious…and it’s our job to be…curious…yeah, that’s it!” said Sweetie Belle as she was also backing away with her friends.

Unfortunately, Sweetie Belle felt she bumped into something solid. She turned to see one of the officers giving her his suspicious look. With a startled yelp, Sweetie Belle turned and ran out the door, followed by Scootaloo and then Apple Bloom.

After the girls disappeared out the door, Shinning Armor called out to one of the officers while his eyes still set at the door.

“Officer Law?”

A tall red skin man with black hair and green eyes walked up to Shinning. “Yes Captain Armor?”

“Could you please dig up any info including the tapes about this Diamond Bandit? There’s something I need to…double check.

“Right away sir!” The officer saluted before he turned and disappeared down the hallway.

Shinning Armor still starred at the door where the girls had retreated.

Something's strange is going on with those girls, but I'm going to find out!


The Crusaders sat down on the bench of Canterlot's Central Park after five minutes of running from the police department. They were now trying to catch their breath from their running as they thought back to what's possibly the most tense five minutes they ever spent in their lives.

All because they've asked questions about the Diamond Bandit.

“Well that was awkward,” Apple Bloom commented.

Super awkward,” Scootaloo added.

Sweetie Belle let out her worried frown. “I bet Mr. Armor is really suspicious of us!”

“Forget Mr. Armor, everyone in the building was suspicious of us!” Scootaloo exclaimed.

Apple Bloom sighed heavily. “Ah guess the news about the Diamond Bandit was more serious at that station than Ah thought. We really need to do somethin’ before they caught my sister!”

Scootaloo turned her head at Apple Bloom. “By the way Apple Bloom, what was that thing when you asked Mr. Armor about putting the diamonds back?”

Apple Bloom was silent at the moment, not meeting any of her friends eyes. She was debating if she should share her idea with her friends or not. Finally, after about a minute, she let out a long sigh.

“Listen girls…Ah had a plan…but yer not gonna like it,”

Sweetie Belle began to feel worry. “Uh oh, I get the feeling that I’m already not liking this!”

Scootaloo narrowed her eyes. “Alright Apple Bloom, what is your plan?”

Apple Bloom was silent for a moment, still looking at the ground until she lifted her head up and gave her friends her determined look.

“We’re goin’…to sneak into that jewelry store!”

Author's Note:

See ya tomorrow!