• Published 29th Mar 2016
  • 2,231 Views, 68 Comments

Diamonds Are for Apples - sonicfan05



While watching a crime investigation show, the Crusaders were shocked that the diamond thief looked exactly like Apple Bloom's sister, Applejack.

  • ...
1
 68
 2,231

Chapter 1

It was a nice cool evening at the countryside of Sweet Apple Acres. The sun was setting over the row of trees, signaling that it was close to suppertime. The acres were peaceful and quiet, not a single living being present except for the three young teenage girls as they were walking on a dirtied path. The three girls in question are Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Together, they are known as The Crusaders from Canterlot High. They are the trios who were always together to try to figure out what their talents are before they graduate from their High School. However, every time they search for their talents, those three would unintentionally get themselves into trouble. Last week, they tried to invent a different kind a cake by baking with some strange ingredients they borrowed from Twilight’s lab from the school’s kitchen.

Let’s just say…they were banned from the school’s kitchen for the rest of the school year.

As the three girls were heading to the main farm of Sweet Apple Acres, the girls were talking excitedly about their upcoming events.

“Aw yeah, just two more days until the weekend!” Scootaloo whooped loudly. “No homework, no studying for upcoming tests, just two days of fun!

Sweetie Belle nodded eagerly. “Yeah, I can’t wait for that, especially that I get to spend time with you guys!”

“Exactly!”

Scootaloo turned to her farmer friend. “Hey Apple Bloom, did Applejack gave you permission to have our sleepover at your house this weekend?”

Apple Bloom wasn’t paying attention to her friend’s words, as she appeared to be deep in thought. She frowned as she was thinking about the strange behaviors she seen from a member of her family. That’s been bothering her for quite some time and she wasn’t sure what to do in this situation.

Especially that it involves her sister.

“Hey Apple Bloom, Equestria to Apple Bloom!” Scootaloo called out to her.

Apple Bloom snapped out of her deep thought and turned to see two of her best friends who gave her with their concern looks; but mostly annoyed from Scootaloo.

“Oh Ah’m sorry Scoots, were you sayin’ somethin’?” Apple Bloom asked sheepishly.

Scootaloo narrowed her eyes with suspicion. “What’s going on Apple Bloom?”

Apple Bloom shifted her eyes towards the road, avoiding Scootaloo’s gaze.

“Sorry about that, Ah was in deep thought.”

“You were like that all day Apple Bloom!” Sweetie Belle pointed out. “Was there something bothering you?”

Still not meeting their friends’ eyes, she sighed softly. “It was nothin’ Sweetie Belle. Ah just need to talk to Applejack about somethin’, that’s all.”

Scootaloo frowned at that. “Was it about our sleepover? I thought you talked to her about that yesterday!”

“No it’s not that,” Apple Bloom reassured. “She said yes yesterday. It’s about…something else.”

Sweetie Belle titled her head. “Then what is-”

“Oh look we’re almost at my house!” Apple Bloom exclaimed suddenly. “Last one there’s a rotten Apple!”

Apple Bloom ran towards her home as if her life depends on it. Both Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle stared at each other with concern. Something was bothering their farmer friend and they were determined to get to the bottom of it. As if they read each others thoughts, they both nodded to each other and ran after Apple Bloom to her house.

The two Crusaders entered the house and into the living room the moment when Apple Bloom called out throughout the house.

“Ah’m home!”

As she and her other two friends placed their backpacks by the front door, Apple Bloom’s sister, Applejack entered the living room with a warm smile on her face.

“Well howdy girls! How was yer club meeting?”

“It was fun,” Apple Bloom replied. “Do you mind if my friends stayed over for supper?”

Applejack nodded. “That’s fine Apple Bloom, but only until seven. Rarity and Scootaloo’s folks want them home before dark.”

“Fine,” Apple Bloom agreed reluctantly. “So are you gonna to stay for supper this time?”

“Sorry sugarcube, Ah have to be out again tonight,” said Applejack as she walked towards the coat rack.

“What? Again!?" Apple Bloom exclaimed, upset with her sister's answer. "Applejack, Ah thought you are done with going out late!”

Applejack gave Apple Bloom her apologetic look as she was putting on her coat.

“I’m sorry Apple Bloom, there’s…something Ah have to take care of.”

Apple Bloom crossed her arms with a stern look on her face. “Can’t you at least tell me where ya goin’?”

“Somewhere I need to be,” Applejack answered vaguely. “Ah’ll make it up to you another time, Ah promise. Ah’ll see ya tomorrow Apple Bloom.”

As Applejack was opening the front door, Apple Bloom called out to her.

“Applejack?”

Applejack turned to Apple Bloom, giving her full attention. Apple Bloom opened her mouth to speak; wanting to say the things that Applejack was doing was bothering her.

But she couldn’t bring herself to.

She sighed and lowered her eyes to stare at the floor.

“Never mind.”

Applejack gave her sister her silent apology before she turned and stepped outside and closed the door behind her.

Apple Bloom sighed sadly as she slowly approached the couch and slowly sat down.

Both Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle turned and stared at each other again in concern before they decided to comfort their friend. They slowly walked up to the coach again and then they sat down next to Apple Bloom, with Sweetie Belle on Apple Bloom’s right side and Scootaloo on Apple Bloom’s left side. Neither one of them weren’t sure who to start until Scootaloo finally decided to speak up.

“What’s wrong Apple Bloom?” asked Scootaloo.

“Yeah, you looked like you’re in the dark.” Sweetie Belle added.

Apple Bloom sighed loudly. “That’s just it! Ah am in the dark! Applejack’s been very secretive lately!

Scootaloo blinked. “What do you mean?”

Apple Bloom was silent for a moment, mentally debating if she should worry her friends with her silly problems or not. She took a glace at both of them to see her friends, giving her their concern and supporting looks on their faces, waiting for her to speak. Realizing that they mean well and she could no longer held it in, she finally decided to speak to her friends about her recent troubles.

“Well, fer the past couple a weeks, Applejack been going out a lot before supper time and I didn’t see her again ‘til the next day! And every mornin,’ she looked more tired then usual. Then a few days ago, she appeared to be nervous and jumpy when Ah entered her room to ask her about our sleepover. Ah asked her several times where she’s been, but she either won’t tell me anythin’ or dodged my questions!”

“Maybe she went out with her friends to hang out or to do a band practice,” Sweetie Belle suggested.

Apple Bloom shook her head. “That’s what Ah thought at first too! But when Ah asked them, they all said that she wasn’t with them at all on any of these nights she went out! ‘Sides, she always tells me where she’s goin’ and when she gets back…‘til now. This wasn’t like her at all!”

Scootaloo scratched her chin in thought. “Hmm…that does seem odd, but maybe she has her reasons?”

Sweetie Belle suddenly perked up.

“Ooh! Maybe she’s planning a surprise birthday gift for you! One time, Rarity was secretive for a while too, until she surprised me with some new clothes she designed for my birthday.”

Apple Bloom shook her head again. “Ah don’t think so. My birthday is six months away and we celebrated Christmas a couple months ago. Ah can’t think of anythin’ else she would surprise me for.”

Scootaloo patted her friend’s back reassuringly. “Well like I said, whatever it is, I’m sure your sister has her reasons. I wouldn’t worry about it until she tells you herself.”

“Ah hope yer right Scootaloo,” Apple Bloom sighed.

Scootaloo frowned, not sure exactly how to cheer up her friend. She wasn’t very good when it comes to comforting a friend, but she felt she need to do something. When she took a glace at the T.V. in front of her, she suddenly had an idea.

“Hey cheer up!” Scootaloo perked up. “What do ya say we grab some snacks and watch a show!”

“Yeah, we’re here to have fun!” Sweetie Belle agreed, catching on to her friend’s idea.

For the first time in days, Apple Bloom smiled. “Yeah yer both right! Thanks girls!”

Her face then turned mischievous. “Ah called the remote!”

Apple Bloom dived towards the remote on the coffee table, but her two friends intercepted her.

“No I called it!”

“No me!”

The three of them fell to the ground and was wrestling over the remote. They were struggling to yank the remote out of each others grips in a three-way tug-of-war. After a minute of struggling, Apple Bloom used the last of her strength to pull extra hard on the remote, and it slipped out of her friends grasps. Apple Bloom quickly stood up and made a victorious pose.

“Ha, looks like Ah win!”

Recovered from their ‘battle’, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle stood up and gave Apple Bloom their annoyed looks.

“How’d you snatched that remote from us so easily?” Scootaloo grumbled.

Apple Bloom smirked. “The ol’ Apple strength!”

With that said, the Crusaders sat down on the couch with Apple Bloom holding the remote.

“Now let’s see what’s on,” Apple Bloom muttered.

Apple Bloom pressed the power button on the remote and the image from the T.V. came to life.

My Little Gerbil, My Little Gerbil Ahhh~

“OOH I love this show!” Sweetie Belle said cheerfully.

Scootaloo sticked out her tongue in disgust. “Blah! Too girlish to me! I can’t believe that this show got so popular!”

“Ah can’t believe that this show was viewed by older men…despite that it’s a show for little girls,” said Apple Bloom.

Scootaloo blinked. “That’s…kinda weird.

“It looks like a re-run anyway. Want me to check the other channels?” Apple Bloom asked.

After she received nods from her friends, Apple pressed the button on her remote to change the channel to another show.

The screen changed to an opening of a cartoon with each of furry creatures were heading towards the screen with different backgrounds before they all posed together in a group. Then the screen changed to a bald headed man on his floating egg dome with two robot lackeys on each of his side and various robot armies in the front and behind him. The bald man used his arm to signal his armies to attack the fury creatures in front of them. The robot advanced on their enemies…

…only to be crushed by a giant title of the show.

The bald man floated towards the show's title, growled angrily at it and then slammed his fist on a button of his floating dome, destroying the title with a laser beam.

Scootaloo facepalmed. “UGH! This show? Really?

“What? It’s a pretty good show!” Apple Bloom insisted.

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. “It would’ve been great show, except that they focus on more comedy and less action with little to no plot for fifteen minutes each! They even made one of my favorite character’s muscles too big and acted very dumb! This is the worse TV adaption of a hit video game series ever!”

Sweetie Belle raised her eyebrow. “Worse than that other show which was dubbed by 4kiddies?”

“…good point, but still!”

Apple Bloom huffed. “Fine, I’ll change the channel.”

Apple Bloom reluctantly pushed the button on her remote to switch over to the next program.

I made it through the wilderness,~
somehow I made it through-ooh~

“Oh…dear…Faust!” Scootaloo uttered, disturbed for witnessing a young man with a green sweater and jeans singing off-key on screen.

“Is he for real?” Apple Bloom commented, trying hard not to laugh.

Sweetie Belle blinked. “Wow...and I thought Scootaloo’s the worst singer.”

“HEY!”

“Now Sweetie Belle, it’s not nice to tease Scootaloo...even though she really is a worse singer in our group.”

“Thank you Apple Bloo- HEY!

“Please change it Apple Bloom!" Sweetie Belle pleaded as she was desperately covering her ears to block out the man’s singing voice. “This guy is hurting my ears!”

Apple Bloom quickly changed the channel.

“Previously, on the Big Boom Theory…”

“HECK NO!” The girls shouted out in union as Apple Bloom pressed the remote as hard as she could.

“We now return to The Moving Dead…”

Scootaloo’s face lit up. “Finally, a good show!”

“THE MUSICAL!~”

The girls just stared at the T.V. with their emotionless expressions before Apple Bloom change the channel.

“And now, you can help us catch the most dangerous fugitives on Equestria’s Most Wanted!

“Oooh, Equestria’s Most Wanted!” Scootaloo said eagerly. “Let’s watch that!”

“Yeah, this is an awesome show!” said Apple Bloom.

Sweetie Belle frowned. “I don’t know girls, I don’t think I’m allowed to watch this kind of show, especially if it has violence.”

Apple Bloom touched Sweetie’s shoulder reassuringly. “Relax Sweetie Belle, ya won’t see anythin’ bad. It only talks about what criminals are currently on the loose with some funny chase videos and pictures. No violence whatsoever.”

Scootaloo scoffed. “They would’ve if the show haven’t cut out all the good parts!

“You sure?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Apple Bloom smiled. “Absolutely, just give it a try!”

Sweetie Belle was hesitant about it, but she eventfully agreed to watch the show with them. As they were waiting through the commercials, Scootaloo turned to Apple Bloom with a smirk.

“Hey Apple Bloom, do you remember when that female cop arrested that obnoxious girl with the griffin leather jacket in Manehattan?”

Apple Bloom smile widened. “Oh yeah! Check this out!”

As Apple Bloom stood up from the couch, Scootaloo was pretending to hold a wheel with one hand and then making loud sounds as if it comes from the audio system. Apple Bloom then leans over to her friend and started to ‘knock’ on the ‘window’ of Scootaloo’s ‘car.’

“Open up! This is the police!” Apple Bloom said in her authoritative voice.

Scootaloo gave Apple Bloom her bored look before she turned down the ‘music’ with the ‘dial’ and then she pushed the ‘button’ to open the ‘window.’ Once the ‘window’ was down, Apple Bloom spoke up.

“’Cuse me young lady, did ya know you were parkin’ yer vehicle in the middle of a playground?

Scootaloo scowled. “How about you take you’re shinny badge and shove it dweeb!”

“Alright that’s it, you’re under arrest miss!”

“Oh I’m going to kick your butt!”

“Oh, you’re gonna kick my butt huh? Step out the vehicle!”

“Okay fine. Let me just roll up my window!” Scootaloo said slyly as she was closing the ‘window.’

“What do ya think ya do- hey!” Apple Bloom shouted as she was desperately held on to the door handle of the getaway ‘vehicle.’ Scootaloo laughed manically as she was steering the ‘wheel’ like a mad girl.

Sweetie Belle only shook her head with a smirk in amusement before she noticed the show's logo appeared on screen from the corner of her eye.

“Girls, the show’s back on!” Sweetie Belle announced.

The two crusaders stopped pretending their ‘chase’ and Apple Bloom returned to her seat. The girls listened in as the female show’s host with yellow hair, light brown skin, light brown eyes, grey suit, light blue shirt and a navy blue tie, began to speak.

“Our first criminal tonight is wanted by both the police and the FBI. They called her the Diamond Bandit!

Scootaloo scoffed. “Diamond Bandit? Really? They couldn’t come up with anything original?”

“Shhh! Quiet Scoots!” Apple Bloom scolded quietly as she was trying to focus on the T.V.

“About two weeks ago, the Diamond Bandit broke into Canterlot’s Jewelry store and slowly stole some diamonds and replaced them with fakes without getting detected until a few nights ago. It’s been confirmed by the jewelry store’s owner and the police that the diamond bandit stole over five million dollars worth of diamonds, making this the biggest jewelry heist in the history of Canterlot City!”

“Did you girls hear that? The Diamond Bandit had been stealing diamonds in our town!” said Apple Bloom.

Scootaloo blinked. “Huh…I don’t know if that’s awesome or awful?”

“It’s awes-ful!

Sweetie Belle frowned deeply. “Well I don’t think it’s awesome at all! Whoever this person is deserves to be behind bars!

“The thief would’ve continued to steal under the owner’s nose but luckily, she was caught in a jewelry store’s surveillance camera. Unfortunately, the quality of the footage is low due to age, but we’re still going to show it for anyone to help us identify this thief. See if you can recognize this bad gal!”

The screen then cuts to a black and white footage of what it appeared to be a bird’s eye view of the inside of the store with cases of jewelry around the room. There’s even a large safe door on the left hand corner of the screen. The most noticeable thing on the footage is a dark figure that wore dark clothing that covered up the body except for the head. The footage was a bit pixelated as the host stated, but there was something about the facial part of the figure, including that signature long lock of hair that looked…familiar.

The girls were silent with confused looks on their faces until Sweetie Belle spoke up.

“Apple Bloom…that Diamond Bandit looks a little like your sister.

“Yeah…a little bit Ah guess.” Apple Bloom answered unsurely.

“Now watch it again. We enhanced this video to help someone recognized this slippery thief!”

As the host was talking, the footage zoomed up to the thief’s face. The screen looked a lot more pixelated than before, however they can still make out some parts of the face quite clearly, including those familiar looking freckles on each of the girl’s cheeks.

The girls eyes widened a little, too stunned from what they saw. This time, it was Scootaloo who broke the silence.

“That Diamond Bandit looks a lot like your sister.”

Apple Bloom was starting to feel uneasy. “Um…well…maybe…”

The screen then cuts back to the TV show’s host.

“Based on what we could make out from the video and the guard's descriptions, our police artist had drawn this sketch of the Diamond Bandit.”

The footage then switched over to a very detailed facial drawing of a girl that may be the face of the diamond bandit. What shocked the crusaders was that the drawing itself is highly actuate of a face of a certain farmer gal they knew, only without her stetson hat and she had a scowl of her face instead of her usual warm smile.

“THE DIAMOND BANDIT IS YOUR SISTER!” Scootaloo screamed with widened eyes.

“NO WAY!” Sweetie Belle squeaked loudly with her eyes just as wide.

“But…but…it can’t be!”

Apple Bloom was shocked to the core. Her mouth hung open and her eyes widened more than her two best friends.

She did not believe it.

She refused to believe it.

There’s no way that her honest sister, who she always looked up to, turned out to be a thief!

But because of the footage and that drawing, she wasn’t able to deny it.

She wasn’t paying attention to Sweetie Belle who kept sating phrases like, “Why you do it Applejack?” or “How could you Applejack?” She wasn’t paying attention to Scootaloo who sang that familiar song but replaced all the boys to sis for the lyrics. Apple Bloom’s attention was at a small picture frame on the table on her left. It’s a photograph of her family, standing in front of the barn with happy smiles on their faces. What she focused the most what the center of the photo of her in a loving embraced by her sister.

She nearly let out a tear as she starred at the image.

Applejack, please tell me this ain’t true!

Author's Note:

Welp, we're off to an interesting start! :twilightoops:

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the start of my new story so far! There will be more chapters to come! :twilightsmile:

If you could figure out the TV show references, you'll get a cookie! :raritywink:

Is Applejack really the Diamond Bandit? :pinkiegasp:

Tune in tomorrow to find out! :trollestia: