• Published 10th Mar 2016
  • 430 Views, 12 Comments

Of Cyborgs and Augmentation - MetalBrony20



A scientist dreams of his ultimate weapon, his envisioning of the ultimate creation, boils down to his research and planning which he has spent years meticulously working on. What will this mean for his target location?

  • ...
3
 12
 430

Pink and Speed

Author's Note:

Part 3 to my story.
As the title suggests, this chapter contains Pinkie Pie as well as mentions of other ponies.
Hope you enjoy.

Happiness. Everyone experiences it at one point or another. This is certainly true for a land such as Equestria, as joy is dispensed to many in one way or another. One such pony goes by the name of Pinkie Pie. With a genuine smile almost always plastered to her large pink face, she bounces gleefully down the streets of Ponyville. Her large bubbly mane and tail showed off perfectly her happy and bubbly personality to those around her. Turning the corner, she came to Ponyville market, a place for all your general food and craft needs. Lining both sides of the road, shops stretched left and right along the cobbled grey road. Stores of many varieties, all decorated in a multitude of bright dazzling colours. The Sole traders were busily displaying there wares for all the public to see. From magic trick equipment sold by Trixie, to little trinkets and furniture, Ponyville had it all. She beamed at all the shop owners as she passed by, always having there beaming smiles returned back to her. “Hey Roseluck, super duper flowers you got there!” She called out to the nearby flower pony.

“Oh thank you Pinkie Pie. I spent so long getting these looking just right” Roseluck gestured with her hoof at the perfect looking blooms, there stems all the same length and not the flower heads were in place perfectly.

“Well, keep up the good work. Hope to see you later!” Pinkie called back as she began to gleefully bounce down further into the market. It seemed all the residents of Ponyville were out today, and for good reason; it was the best weather conditions they had had all year, not a cloud in the sky (as usual) with cooling breezes making it warm but bearable. Pinkie bounced passed all manner of ponies; she met Sassaflash, taking a well deserved rest from her exercise earlier in the day. She met several colts and fillies playing, including Button Mash, Rumble and Zipporwhill among many others, who all waved at Pinkie as she passed by. One passed a Hoofball to Pinkie, which she returned back to them with ease, resulting in a cheer as it went straight into the net, strung up between two lamp posts. Then she spotted Applejack and a light blue pony Pinkie had never seen before, and she knew everypony in Ponyville, so she was immediately curious.

“Hey Applejack, how is it going on such a fantabulous day?”

“Not bad Pinkie, not bad at all”

“Who’s the new pony?”

“It’s err...”

“Ooh, a guessing game! Let me go first, is it Moustacheo? No, too simple, is it... Saddlebags? Ooh, ooh is it, is it MMPH” Applejack placed a hoof over Pinkie’s mouth to get her to shut up for a second.
“As I was tryin’ to say his name is... What was it again? Stepping forward a little, the light blue pony spoke.

“Well my dear, my name just so happens to be Tarun, Miss... Erm didn’t catch your name Miss”

“Pinkie Pie! P-I-N-K-I-E P-I-E Pinkie Pie! That is my name”

“Well, very nice to meet you Miss Pinkie Pie. Out of curiosity, do you happen to know a pony by the name of Rainbow Dash by any chance?” Tarun enquired.

“Know her, KNOW HER?! I’m one of her super duper amazing bestest friends, along with Applejack here, although you probably already knew that by now”

“Excellent Miss Pie. Do you happen to know where she is in this rather ornate little town you have here, we have been looking around for her for a substantial amount of time”

“Oh, she is out over the fields performing her awesomly amzingly amazing moves for some of her fans”

‘Fans? If a pony that athletic has fans then they ought to be spectacular Tarun thought to himself as he took in this information. “Well, let us head off to there then”

“Wait!” Pinkie Pie blurted out “Since you are new here, I can’t just let go off already. I need to properly welcome you to Ponyville”

“Well that is a very nice gesture of you but I really need to do some important research for my scientific studies” Looking at Pinkie, he noticed that she looked a little let down by this. He maybe a somewhat mad scientist but damn could he feel someone’s emotions. Tarun quickly considered his situation, he had plenty of time on his hands (hooves?), yet he really did not want to waste it in some silly little welcoming party for him. Placing a hoof under her chin, he looked a little ashamed as he looked back at Pinkie“Tell you what Pinkie, what did you have in mind for my celebration?”

Looking a little happier, Pinkie hugged him tightly, so much so his face turned a little red and had a pained expression. “Well, I was going to bring out my celebration cart, filled with cakes and balloons and streamers and also my super duper party cannon. Then I would sing a random song at you and dance a little and we would be bestest of friends”

“Well Pinkie, that is a very kind offer, but it seems a little extreme, especially since I will be gone at night. However I think a cake on its own would be rather pleasant. Is that okay by you, Miss Pie”

“All absolutely, perfectly, tip top by me, Mr Tarun” The smile had returned to her face again and shone at Tarun, making him feel a little better.

“Excellent. By the way, could you make it a chocolate one? I haven’t had one in years”

“Okey Dokey Lokey!” She quipped as she shot off in a Pink blur around the corner, scattering some ponies left and right as she when, which was responded by gradually getting quieter calls of “sorry” as she sped off toward Sugar Cube corner at break-neck speed.

“Heh, heh, heh, schweinhund” Tarun mused to himself quietly.

“Err, could you repeat that sugarcube, I don’t quite understand you” Oh crap, Tarun thought, he forget Applejack was still walking with them.

“Well... Err, I said schweinhund Miss Applejack. It means, erm, a little excitable, you know, A bit over the top really” He breathed a silent sigh of relief, thank God she didn’t understand German or else she would have heard him call Pinkie a pig dog.

“Oh okay then. Well anyway were here now”

Looking in front of himself, he saw a huge open area. It was a large meadow, although lacking lots of flowers still had grass which was a lush green in colour. There was no scrubby looking plants or browned grass, in spite of the usually powerful rays of Equestrian sun, beating down on the insignificant flora below. The cooling breeze was much more profound here, due to the lack of houses in the wide open space. The only distinct noise that could be heard was the excited cheering and clapping of foals. They sat out on the open steppe; there heads flicking backwards and forwards, with ‘Oohs’ and ‘aahs’ every so often. Glancing his head upwards, Tarun spotted what looked like a Pegasus pony, zooming backwards and forwards across the open blue expanse of the sky.

“I keep telling you Sweetie, there is no better flyer in all of Equestria” A small orange coated and purple maned filly almost bragging told to a ivory white unicorn to her left. “She is so good, I bet no pony in Equestria could ever go so fast and look so awesome at the same time” This time she spoke to a yellow filly to her right, who looked almost lost in thought as she glazed up into the sky.

“Ah know Scootaloo, ya keep sayin’ it over and over again to us. We know Rainbow Dash is the best flyer, almost everypony in Ponyville knows that”.

Flipping open a note book, Tarun looked towards the blue Pegasi in the sky and began scribbling down notes furiously. He took trajectories of Rainbow’s flight, made rough assumptions and began to calculate. A look of sheer excitement came to his face as he finished after going over his calculations over and over again. She could fly, on average around Mach 4.5 when she was going on the straightest trajectory. Looking over his shoulder, Applejack looked at his work.

“What in the hay is all that? Also, why do ya look like you stole all the zap apples and gotta away with it?”

“Well, Miss Applejack, by my calculations, I found out that your friend, Miss Rainbow Dash, was travelling at approximately Mach 4.5” Quickly realising Applejack, with her simple mind would not be able to understand what he just said, he quickly restated what he just said. “That means that Rainbow dash was travelling around 4 and a half times the speed of sound, which is extremely impressive”

“Well I think she is about to go even faster. She is gonna do her sonic rainboom”. Looking back up to the sky, he watched as she appeared to be heading into a steep dive. A visible Mach cone was forming around her body as she powered towards the ground. Suddenly there was a massive flash of light, followed by a huge coloured disk. Tarun’s eyes were wide open, this pony has visibly shattered the light spectrum using a sonic boom. Observing the flying body, which now had a rainbow trail flowing from out behind her, he recalculated her speed.

“My God... She is flying at Mach 10...” He mused dreamily as the words drifted from his gaping mouth.

“So, your saying sayin’ that, she is flying ten times the speed of sound?”

“Precisely Marty er I mean Applejack!” He almost stuttered it out, only just realising the joke he had just made.

“Err, who’s Marty?”

“Marty is a old colleague of mine. I used to say ‘Precisely Marty’ to him when we were discussing the finer points of science”

“Well you certainly seem to be excited as a jack rabbit in cider barrel. If you want to talk to her, she will be over by the fillies and the colts. She is has a whopping great ego I tell ya. Lets both go over, as I need to talk to Applebloom about somethin’”.

Happiness was everywhere. Equestria seemed to harbour an immense amount of the stuff in this colourful and exciting land. It especially was with Tarun at this moment in time as he approached the rainbow maned Pegasi, who was soaking up praise and admiration from the young foals who gathered around as she landed in the middle of them. Oh boy was he going to have so fun later in the lab.