• Published 10th Mar 2016
  • 430 Views, 12 Comments

Of Cyborgs and Augmentation - MetalBrony20



A scientist dreams of his ultimate weapon, his envisioning of the ultimate creation, boils down to his research and planning which he has spent years meticulously working on. What will this mean for his target location?

  • ...
3
 12
 430

Peaceful world, foolish world

Author's Note:

Part two of Of Cyborgs and Augmentation
This time it features alot more pony then the previous chapter.
Hope you enjoy.

Light. Light was a symbol of hope and joy for many. The sun, high in the sky, gave life and warmth to those below its glare. All that could be heard was the light chirping of birds and the occasional rustle of the leaves as a soft cooling breeze pushed its way past the plant matter. It was so calm, so natural in this part of Equestria. The word industrialisation could not be more out of place in a town such as Ponyville, especially not on the farm of Sweet Apple Acres, home of the (allegedly) oldest family in Ponyville. Over the tops of the trees, about half a kilometre, the top of the apple red barn could be spotted, carefully constructed by hoof by all the members of the Apple family on their last reunion. It was calm, serene and most of all beautiful.

A flash of electricity appeared suddenly in the middle of the dusty farm path, blowing small particles of dirt around. A second one appeared moments later, followed by a third and fourth. As the air grew heavy with static, winds began to swirl around as the electricity curled and bolted around whilst they grew larger. In the centre of all this a large emerald green vortex appeared; out of this swirling mass stepped a long slender figure. As soon as his tail had left the portal, it closed and almost immediately the winds and electricity stopped, replaced by silence.

The figure in question was a rather tall, light blue coloured stallion. His facial features was sharp and defined, as shown by his quick eyes and short angular muzzle. A pair of small glasses rested upon this. Below was a moustache, which like his human counterpart extended slightly off his face. His short brown mane and bangs slightly covered his small pointed ears. As shown by his lack of horn and lack of wings, it was evident this newcomer was an earth pony. Instead of wings on his sides, there was two large saddle bags, each one bulging with equipment and gadgets galore. However, in front of his short stubby tail, there was no Cutie Mark. His flank was instead as blank as a the rest of his body.

Breathing in deeply, his chest rising and falling, he surveyed his surroundings. After seeing that he was in no danger at all, he began to dig through the saddle bags he possessed. After a few minutes of rustling, banging and quiet cursing, he eventually drew out a small device. “Now, using this portal rematerialisation complex, I can map out this location for later, once I have extracted the necessary genetic code and material from the subject. This will let me generate the portal in a much quicker time, due to the previous example already making a gap within space-time; now to activate the device” After he said this, two beams shot out of the front of the machine, tracing around the area the portal just came from. He was amazed that he was able to operate the buttons on the machine, despite lacking his fingers or hands. After a short while, a small ding told him that scanning was complete.

“Right, now to input this data into the space-time portal generator and...”

“Howdy there partner, now just who might you be, sugarcube?”

The sudden burst of noise made him jump, as he span his body around the face the person who had almost spontaneously appeared at his side. Adjusting his glasses slightly, he saw a shorter, orange mare of a pony. She was much more muscular than he was, with strong built up legs and barely an inch of fat anywhere, evidently showing she was no pushover. She wore a large brown cowboy hat, which was slightly tattered in the middle and along the left side. Below this was a short yellow mane, which stuck out at odd angles in some places. Below this were her deep green eyes, looking inquisitively at him.

“Erm... I do beg your pardon?”

Letting out a slight chuckle, she repeated herself “I musta startled you ah little, sorry there partner. What is your name?”

“Oh, well its erm...” ‘Oh crap, I have not come up with a name for use in this place yet, use you intellectual mind, think...’ He thought to himself before replying to the farm pony “Its, erm... Tarun, yes that is it”.

Pulling an odd expression, the orange mare looked back at him “Well, that certainly is ah odd name you got there partner. I’m Applejack by the way. I work on one of the best darn tootin’ farms in all of Equestria, Sweet Apple Acres!” With her hooves, she made large sweeping gestures to the rolling expanses of apple trees to her left and right side, as far was the eye could see.

“Well, that is certainly impressive, Miss Applejack; do you know the way to town by any chance?”

“Well sure ah do, I know this way better then the back of mah barn, I have been walking down here since I was a filly, Mr Tarun. As a matter of fact, I need to walk to town to get some more rope for the plough, Big Macintosh just broke the last one when he was working the fields ya see. Come on, I will walk you down there ”. Setting off at a light trot, she began to walk left down the path. Eager to potentially get some information off her, he followed suit. “So, what profession are you working in?” the mare asked.

“Well, you see Miss Applejack, I am a scientist, I conduct experiments to further boost the knowledge of individuals and ultimately help to make the world a better place”.

“ Well, I may not understand most of what you are saying, but it sounds quite important”.

“More than you would ever understand” He muttered under his breath, so Applejack could not hear.

“What was that sugarcube? I couldn’t quite hear you”

“Oh it was nothing, say do you know any athletes around here?” This peaked Applejacks interest.

“Well, you are looking a one fine subject right here ah have you know. The only other truly amazing athlete that lives here, which I happen to know is a pegasus by the name of Rainbow Dash”.

Raising an eyebrow, he looked inquisitively at the farm pony “Tell me more about this, Rainbow Dash”

“Well, she is incredibly competitive, extremely strong and very fast”.
“Define fast” By now, he was becoming more and more interested by the second by the description of this pegasus pony.

“ Well, she is so fast that she can do the Sonic Rainboom, which was almost ah old mares tale until she pulled one off when she was only a little filly. When she does that, I don’t reckon anypony could out speed her, not ever her idols, the Wonderbolts”. Already his mind was racing. A strong and incredibly fast test subject. She fit the bill perfectly for his grand scheme.

“When we get into town, could you possibly show me where to find her, I would not mind observing her, for scientific purposes of course”.

“Fine by me sugarcube; you can bet your boots I would help yah. By the way, did you see a weird green thing along the road, just a little while back?”.
“Oh yes, that was just a little equipment malfunction, it can do things like that sometimes” he mused a little sheepishly to Applejack.

“Well, If its fine then we ain’t got nothin’ to worry about”

Cresting a small hill, the duo looked down into a large town which lay before them. It was a large expanse of cottages with thatched roofs, however, these were completely overshadowed by the angular structure which tower high above the houses. “What is that?” He exclaimed, pointing his thin hoof in the direction of the large crystalline structure.

“That, mah friend, is the castle of Princess Twilight Sparkle, you’ve heard of her before, ain’t ya Tarun?”.

“No, can’t say I have”.

A puzzled look came to Applejack’s face “How can you not have seen. Were ya living under a rock when the coronation happened?”.

“Well I happen to be a very busy person you know, I apologise for missing it. Anyway, why get so worked up about it anyway, she is only royalty, what possibly is she to you?”.

A look of anger looked to building on her face, here orange cheeks taking on a light red hue “What is she to me, WHAT IS SHE TO ME!” She yelled at him “I’ll tell ya what she is to, me. She is one of my best friends and she only became royalty a short while ago; Before that she was a student of PRINCESS CELESTIA of all ponies and worked as a librarian before she finished her studies with the Princess. IF you are trying to say that a common work pony, such as myself, could not be in the ranks with a Princess because of my status, well, ya ought to ashamed of yourself! ”.

Looking back to the stallion, Applejack noticed a look of terror on his face, his eyes wide open and his ears pulled back like a dog whimpering; immediately she relaxed a little and started to feel a bit ashamed of herself “I’m sorry for that outburst, I just don’t think I have met another pony who did not know about Princess Twilight and her position”.

“It’s okay, I understand fully what you are going on about. Getting back on track, could you guide me to Rainbow Dash, if you would be so kind”.

“Sure thing partner, just follow me. And, thanks for forgiving mah outburst”.

“As I said, its okay” he reassured her. The two of them trotted off into the town, though only one knew the terrible plan which was being formulated as the sun, high in the sky, continued to rise slowly through the deep blue sky. This large body shone and gave light to many. This in turn gave them hope and joy as they basked and played in the glorious rays of Celestia’s sun.