• Published 6th Mar 2016
  • 575 Views, 4 Comments

The Tale of Coltypt - Rakoon1



This is the story about the ancient kingdom of Coltypt, explaining why it doesn't exist anymore in the Pony World.

  • ...
2
 4
 575

Shu Rebels

Having taken the decision about who would succeed him as the new Pharaoh, Amun invoked the Coltypt Council to communicate his decision and obtain their approval. By the way, Shu appeared next to him, saying:

"Your Highness, I need to talk to you."

"Not now, Shu" Amun replied. "I have an important meeting with the Council."

"But these are important matters for the kingdom" Shu said.

That made Amun to stop. He sighed and turned to the invincible machine and asked:

"What is this about?"

"These is about the attacks that the Lord of Chaos has been launched against us" Shu said. "I've been thinking and I came to the conclusion that we cannot let these attacks stand unanswered. I suggest we launch an attack against the Lord of Chaos to prove that the forces of Order are superior. In this way, he will think twice before sending his nasty villains to attack us."

"Shu, that's not how we do things" Amun said. "We don't attack anyone, not even the Lord of Chaos."

"But, Your Highness..." Shu started.

“This is what separates us from the followers of Chaos" Amun said.

“I understand it, Pharaoh, but the point is, if we want to beat them, we have to act more actively" Shu said. "This is the conclusion I reached. It's the most logical decision to make."

"Maybe you're right, Shu” Amun said. "Maybe it's the most logical decision, but sometimes the logic isn't everything."

"I don't understand" Shu said. "What does that mean?"

"We have to do what's right, even if logic says otherwise" Amun said. "That's what it means to belong to the side of Order, Shu. As a warrior fighting for the Lord of Order, you have to have that in mind."

There was a pause and then Amun said:

"Now, if you don't mind, Shu, I have a meeting to attend."

And, having said that, Amun pulled away.

"The right decision?" Shu asked, talking to himself. "The right decision is to take is the most logical one. A true leader must be able to make that decision. If Pharaoh Amun is not able to do that, maybe he's not worthy of his title."

In the room of the Coltypt Council, all the members were present when Amun entered and headed to his seat saying:

"I apologize for the delay."

"Given that it was you who called the meeting, Amun, you should at least not be late" Seth said, in his cranky way.

"Come on, Seth, I'm sure Amun arrived late for a good reason" Isis said.

"Did something happen, Amun?" Bes asked.

"Nothing to worry about" Pharaoh said, sitting. "Shu just wanted to talk to me about some ideas for the army. That's why I'm late."

"So, can we know what is the reason of this meeting?" Seth asked.

"Yes" Amun replied. "After great deliberation, I made a decision about which of my sons will succeed me as pharaoh."

The other members of the Council exchanged glances with each other and Bes asked:

"Are you sure, Amun?" Bes asked. "I'm sure that, whatever your decision is, will emerge some problems."

"It's about time our sovereign choice one of the princes to be his successor" Maat said. "Regardless of the consequences, a decision has to be made."

"I just hope that you have taken the best decision, Amun" Isis said.

"That's why I've called this meeting" he said. "The Council has a word to say about everything that concerns the future of our kingdom. You will have to decide if you think my decision is the best for the Kingdom."

The other members of the Council exchanged glances and then waved, ready to listen who of the two princes, his children, the Pharaoh had chosen.

However, at Apis’s Labyrinth, the minotaur had returned to oversee the training of his army. While he was doing it, he said to them:

"That's right, your slowpokes! Although now there's three individuals, including me, with the Golden Power, that's no reason to be soft with your training."

"I couldn't have put it better, Apis" a voice said.

Apis turned and faced with Shu.

"Shu, what brings you here?" the general asked. "It's unusual for you to come to the labyrinth."

"I just came to make sure that neither you nor the others interfere with my plan" Shu responded.

"What plan?" Apis asked, confused.

Shu approached Apis and answered him:

"My plan to take over Coltypt."

And, having said that, he struck Apis with such force that the large minotaur was launched against the wall of the entrance to the interior of his labyrinth. Seeing this, the guards prepared to attack Shu, but, with a simple gesture, he made the spheres of his body to come out and hit the soldiers, knocking them all.

"You should hear more your general, wimps" he said to the soldiers.

Apis got up and asked to Shu:

"What are you doing, Shu? Your duty is to serve Pharaoh, not rebel against him."

"Pharaoh turned out to be a weak, he is unable to make the most logical attitude and do the right thing to protect this kingdom" Shu said. "As such, I will dethrone him and become the new Pharaoh. After that, I will take the fight to the Lord of Chaos and prove the Lord of Order that we must bring the fight to his brother."

"Your stupid piece of scrap" Apis said. "Do you really think you can go against the will of the Lord of Order?"

"The Lord of Order is not always right" Shu said. "And I'm going to prove it."

"But for that, you have to go through me" Apis said. "Power of Coltypt!"

And Apis accessed to his Golden Power.

"You are so naive, Apis" Shu said. "You know perfectly well that my power exceeds yours largely."

"But that won't stop me from trying to stop you" Apis said. "Attack of the Minotaur."

And he began to invest against Shu.

In the room of the Coltypt Council, Amun had already revealed his decision to the other members and said:

"So I guess you all agree with my decision."

"It seems to be the best decision" Isis said. "He definitely deserves the title."

"I agree with Isis" Seth said. "Between the two, he is the best choice."

"I have to say that you made the fairest decision, Pharaoh" Maat said.

"I also agree" Bes said. "However, I can't help but worry about the consequences."

"I also thought of them, Bes, but don't worry" Amun. "Before taking this decision, I had already spoken with Maat on the subject and asked her to find a way to resolve it. Maat, I believe you answered my request."

"Don't worry, Your Highness, I took care of it" she said.

"All right, now we just need..." Amun started.

It was then that Amun felt a strange feeling. It was a feeling he felt when the Golden Power was activated, but there was something about it that disturbed him. It seemed that whoever was using the Golden Power was not fighting any follower of Chaos, but with someone from the Order said. He then was able to identify that someone else as Shu, as his power was unmistakable.

The other members of the Council noticed his distant air and Isis asked:

"Amun, are you okay?"

He recovered and said:

"Yes, but I have this bad feeling. Isis, you know if the Horus or Kefer are still in the castle?"

"Yes, I've been with them and Hathor before I came here" she replied.

"And Apis was with them?" Amun asked.

"No, he had to train the soldiers" Isis responded. "Why do you ask?"

Amun realized it should be Apis who was fighting against Shu, although he didn't understand the reason why the fight was happening.

"Something's happening and it's not good" he said.

Amun got up and headed for the exit. After walking through the castle for a while, he met with Hathor, Kefer, Horus and Anubis that were coming from Osiris’ lab.

"Father" Kefer said. "Have you finished your business?"

"Yes, I have, but it looks like there's a big problem" Amun said.

"What kind of trouble?" Anubis said.

"I don't know yet for sure" Amun said. "But it's happening at the labyrinth. I want you three to go there and find out. Kefer and Horus, if you have to use the Golden Power, use it."

"Yes, sir" the two said.

"Wait, Amun" Hathor said. "Send Anubis and Horus it’s all right, but Kefer was just treated by Osiris. He must rest."

"I understand, my dear, but you don't have to worry about" Amun said. "The Golden Power allows an accelerated recovery. In addition, I believe that this is an emergency situation. Very well, you three, go!"

"Yes, sir" they answered, advancing toward the labyrinth.

"But what's going on, Amun?" Hathro asked.

"I could feel Apis’ Golden Power fighting with Shu, but not a friendly fight" Amun said. "I don't understand the reason for this, but I don't have time to think about it. Hathor, please tell others about this. If that fight extends, it can involve the entire Coltypt."

Hathor nodded his head and walked away.

Amun was still wondering about what would happen until a voice said to him:

"It looks like you felt the same way as me."

It was the Lord of Order.

"But what's going on, my lord?" Amun asked.

"It seems that Shu decided to rebel against you, Amun, and is facing Apis and his army to have no obstacle to when trying to usurp your crown" the Lord of Order said.

"But why would he do that?" Amun asked. "How would he do that? He is a machine that is under the orders of the regent pharaoh."

"Shu’s artificial intelligence seems to have grown a lot and now propelled him to take the steps that he thinks is necessary" the Lord of Order said. "It seems he doesn't see you as a worthy king to Coltypt."

Amun then remembered the conversation he had had with Shu before going to the meeting with the Coltypt Council.

"He wanted me to stand against the Lord of Chaos, instead of defend ourselves from him" Amun said.

“Shu is a machine and doesn't understand truly the feelings that ponies as you feel" the Lord of Order said. "He saw that decision as a sign of weakness and decided that you wasn't fit for the title of pharaoh anymore."

"I have to stop him before he can cause a lot of damage" Amun said. "But he is too powerful."

"Shu can be powerful, but even a perfect machine like him has its weaknesses" the Lord of Order said. "I'm not an idiot, Amun. I create always a weakness for each creation of mine for case of them be corrupted."

"So I need to know this weakness, my lord" Amun said.

"Certainly, Amun" the Lord of Order said. "But first I want you to know what I want you to do as soon as you stop him."

"Of course, master" Amun said. "You can tell it and I'll do it for you."

Kefer, Anubis and Horus reached the labyrinth and were shocked by what they found. The outside of the maze was in ruins and the whole army was lying on the ground, defeated, including Apis, on the floor, without his power.

"Apis!" Kefer exclaimed, while he, Anubis and Horus were approaching. "What happened?"

Apis opened his eyes and said to them:

"Be careful... it’s Shu…"

"So these are these reinforcements that the great and powerful Amun decided to send" Shu's voice said.

The trio turned and faced with Shu.

"What a great disappointment" he said.

"Shu, but what are you doing?" Kefer asked.

"You serve our father, the great Pharaoh of Coltypt, how can you betray him like that?" Anubis asked.

"I realized how weak Amun is and I concluded that there is no reason for him to continue in the position of regent for longer" Shu replied. "Now, you better back off or you will be defeated like Apis was."

"We're not going to let that you proceed with your madness" said Kefer. "Horus, are you ready?"

"Of course," he said.

And both exclaimed at the same time:

"Power of Coltypt!"

And both adopted the gold tone that was characteristic of those with the Golden Power, but, in Horus’s case, he also won a pair of golden wings, similar to those his father had. Seeing this, he exclaimed, happy:

"I can't believe it! I have wings!"

"Now he won't shut up about this" Anubis mumbled.

"Horus, focus" Kefer said. "After all, we're going to face the most powerful weapon of our kingdom. To defeat him, we will have to use not only the strength, but the intelligence."

"What do you have in mind, little brother?" Anubis asked.

"I attack him to distract him, while you stand and attack simultaneously" Kefer said. "Horus, now that you have wings, you can do it by air."

"I'm going to give the best" Horus said. "Despite having them for a few seconds, I'm going to do my best to not disappoint you, Kefer."

“Me too, let's do it" Kefer said, drawing his sword, which also had become golden. "Wave of Power."

He stuck the sword in the ground with force and, by doing this, he released a huge amount of white energy reached Shu and threw him back. He quickly managed to curb the strength of the blow, landing on his hooves on the ground. It was then that he encountered Anubis who approached him and quickly, using his strength, the prince launched him up where, flying, was Horus who exclaimed:

"Claw of Destiny!"

Horus’ talons glittered and he attacked Shu with them, throwing him against the ground. After this, Horus landed beside Kefer, while Anubis stood on the other side of his brother.

"Did it work?" Horus asked.

It was then that Shu got up laughing and said:

"Nice try, but you need more than that to bring me down."

And, having said that, he pointed them his bracelet and fired a beam of white energy. Kefer tried to create a shield to protect himself, Horus and Anubis, but the attack was too fast. It was then that a magical shield appeared around the trio and protected them from Shu’s attack.

"What?!" he asked.

Kefer, Horus and Anubis turned and saw Amun.

"Father!" the twins exclaimed.

"Your Highness!" Horus exclaimed.

"You try to get Apis and the soldiers to a safe place" Amun said to the young trio. "I take care of Shu."

"But, father..." Kefer started.

"Do what I tell you!" Amun ordered.

Without any alternative, Kefer, Horus and Anubis tried to wake Apis and the soldiers up, taking to get them out of there. Kefer and Anubis supported Apis, while Horus was aiding the soldiers who were too injured to walk, being helped by those who could. After everyone was out, Shu said to Amun:

"It seems that the great Pharaoh finally decided to mess the hooves up. However, it was a very stupid decision. Clearly I'm more powerful. You can never beat me in combat. I'm Shu... the Destroyer!"

"I don't have to fight you, Shu" Amun replied. "I just have to hold you."

And, having said that, Amun’s horn shone and then golden chains emerged from the ground and began to involve Shu.

"WHAT?!" Shu asked, trying to break free, but failing. "But what is this?! I can't release myself!"

"Of course you can't" Amun said, approaching. "You may be the perfect machine, Shu, but you're not the most powerful follower of the Lord of Order. These chains come from the magic of the General of Peace whose magic the Lord of Order let me use to stop you. They are indestructible and have a capacity of perfect containment."

Shu tried to free himself, but in vain. Whenever he did that, the chains became tighter, holding him more firmly. With a gesture, Amun made Shu getting down on his knees and made the chains lifting his forelegs. Using his own magic, Amun took the bracelet with the four stones of Shu who asked:

"What are you doing?!"

"The Lord of Order told me to get this bracelet" Amun said, while modifying the shape of the bracelet, making it more compact, but keeping its stones. "Your power is too strong to be wasted. This new bracelet that emerged from yours is my new perfect weapon from now on. It will be called Bracelet of Amun, for everypony to think that a sacred object never belonged to a corrupt machine like you."

"How dare you to usurp part of my power?!" Shu exclaime. "You will pay dearly!"

"When will you understand, Shu, that you serve the Lord of Order and that you serve him through me?" Amun asked. "You let the logic and the overconfidence of your skills to make you to follow a wrong path."

"You're going to regret it, Amun" Shu said. "I'm going to make you and your offspring to pay for what you're doing to me!"

"You can't do that if you're disabled" Amun said. "In that way, you won't be able to hurt anyone."

And Amun’s magical aura involved three-pointed-star-shaped piece that was on Shu’s chest.

"No, you can't do this!" Shu exclaimed.

"I can and I will" Amun answered.

And he took the piece from Shu’s armor. By doing so, the golden light that gave life to the armor disappeared and Shu became inert. Shortly after, the pieces that made up the armour just fell on the ground. Turning to what was once Shu’s head, Amun said:

"I’m sorry if things had come to this."

And so the rebellion of the machine that was the most powerful weapon of Coltypt ended up with Shu being disabled to never appear again.