• Published 6th Mar 2016
  • 575 Views, 4 Comments

The Tale of Coltypt - Rakoon1



This is the story about the ancient kingdom of Coltypt, explaining why it doesn't exist anymore in the Pony World.

  • ...
2
 4
 575

Betrayal and Take Over

In Ancient Times, long before the Crystal Empire, Equestria and even the Light Kingdom, the Lord of Order and the Lord of Chaos were fighting in a fight for the control of the Pony World that was well balanced. It was a fight that seemed to have no end or truce. Since the Lord of Chaos’ darkness got out of Pandora's box, he didn't stop trying to conquer his brother’s perfect creation with his darkness.

Among these fights, the Lord of Order managed to establish a kingdom that served as a vehicle of his influence on the ponykind. It was a kingdom located in a sandy desert, but built on the banks of a great river that was the source of prosperity of it. Its leader, personally chosen by the Lord of Order acted as his representative, spreading peace and order among the ponies and ensuring the stability of his or her kingdom. At the end of his life, he or she would pass that duty to his or her eldest living child. This leader was nominated pharaoh.

Since the first pharaoh, the kingdom grew and prospered and its influence grew with it, covering other lands. In addition to ponies, other species were also starting to inhabit it. Thanks to this kingdom, the Lord of Order was able to regain the upper hand over his brother. This kingdom was called Coltypt.

In Coltypt, a new Pharaoh came to power. His name was Nefertem. Nefertem was a unicorn with a moderate gamboge coat with a headdress as Cutie Mark, a currant mane that was always hidden by his light azureish gray and moderate azure headdress with a golden top with a jewel stone that acted as crown, and green eyes. He was considered the most loved pharaoh by all those who lived in Coltypt. Along with his wife, Seshat, a beautiful mare with and orange coat with three blue flowers as a Cutie Mark, saffron mane and raspberryish black eyes, he ruled Coltypt with justice and wisdom.

However, secretly, he was envied by his younger brother, Seti, who longed for the title of pharaoh. Seti was a Unicorn that had the same coat as his brother, but with a sword as Cutie Mark, steel blue and indigo mane and brown eyes. He thought it was unfair that his brother has become pharaoh just for being born first.

These dark thoughts caught the Lord of Chaos’ attention and he found an opportunity to attempt to recover the advantage he had over his brother. So, invisible, he began to whisper to Seti’s ear, trying to persuade him to take what should be his. But the love and respect that Seti felt for his brother always convinced him to not hear the Lord of Chaos. But this did not last forever.

During a banquet at the palace of Coltypt, which was a gigantic pyramid, the Pharaoh arose from his sit and said:

"I would like to say a few words, please."

And, with it, all those who were in the room have fallen silent. Nefertem continued:

"I would like to thank everypony in this feast for their presence, especially my brother, Seti, his wife and their young infant."

He made a gesture to his brother who was at his side, next to his wife Tuya, a beautiful unicorn mare with a walnut coat with a lotus flower as Cutie Mark, raven mane and auburn eyes. On her lap, was a unicorn baby with his father’s coat, his mother’s mane and emerald eyes. His name was Khonsu.

"And with all of you here I have fantastic news to give" Nefertem said. "It is with all my pride and happiness that I announce that my beloved wife, Seshat, is waiting for a foal, one that will surely be the next pharaoh of Coltypt to serve loyally the great and glorious Lord of Order."

When they heard this, everypony present began to congratulate the pharaoh and his queen for the good news. There was only one pony that had not enjoyed the news. Pretending to need to go to the bathroom, Seti left the room and went to the throne room, where he could walk from one side to the other. Now that his brother had a future heir, his chance of reaching the throne seemed to be moving away.

It was then that the Lord of Chaos, invisible to the eyes of anypony except Seti, began to whisper:

"You've got to do something about this foal. If you really want to be pharaoh, you must ensure that this foal isn't born."

"I can't do this" Seti said. "It’s wrong. I cannot murder a child."

"This kid hasn't even been born yet" the Lord of Chaos said. "You don’t have to feel bad for. Furthermore, this is the perfect opportunity to get your hands on your brother’s throne while he's consumed by happiness."

"No, I can't" Seti said.

"Yes, you can" the Lord of Chaos said. "Don't you want to be pharaoh? Show everypony that you deserve to rule? This is your chance. Do it and you'll have everything you've always wanted."

"All I ever wanted…" Seti said, looking to the throne.

"Yes..." the Lord of Chaos said. "Everything..."

And then a shadow broke into Seti’s eyes.

It was night and silence fell on Coltypt, while its inhabitants fell asleep. But in the dead of night, a silent unrest appeared in the palace, while the guards loyal to Seti rushed to subdue Nefertem’s guards. However, the unrest became too intense to go unnoticed. The pharaoh and the queen awoke in their bed alarmed.

"But what was that?" Seshat asked.

"I don't know, but I'll see it" Nefertem said, getting out of the bed and putting his headdress. "Stay here, my love."

And he then left the room and was horrified when he saw guards fighting against each other.

"But what's going on here?" Nefertem asked.

A guard approached and told him:

"Please, Your Highness, return to your room. We have here a revolt and we can't risk losing you."

"No way" Nefertem said. "I'm not going to let some rebels threaten the safety of this palace and my family."

And he then began to fight the rebel guards, but they were too many and, despite the brave way that he fought, Nefertem was subdued, as well as the guards who were loyal to him. He then was taken by one of the guards to the throne room, and when they entered, Nefertem found Seti sitting on his throne.

"Hello, brother" Seti greeted cynically.

"Seti?" Nefertem asked, not wanting to believe. "You're responsible for all this."

"You bet" he replied.

"But why?" Nefertem asked.

"Because I want what was denied to me only by the simple fact that I am younger than you" Seti said, rising up. "I want to be pharaoh."

"But, brother, I'm the legitimate pharaoh" Nefertem said. "This is the law of our people. The law that the Lord of Order decreed."

"The Lord of Order?" Seti said, approaching his older brother. "Please. I found a new Lord to serve."

It was then Nefertem noticed the shadow that was in Seti’s eyes.

"No…" he said. "Don't tell me that... You were corrupted by the Lord of Chaos?"

"Corrupted?" Seti asked. "No, Nefertem. He freed me from the bonds of the Lord of Order. He made me see the true light. The one who calls himself Lord of Order just want to manipulate us as chess pieces in his perfect plan, where there is no freedom of thought, where we are all supposed to follow the rules and fates that have been imposed to us."

"The Lord of Chaos is the one who is manipulating you" Nefertem said. "He wants to use you to throw this world into chaos to destroy it."

"So?" Seti asked. "Since I have what I want, nothing else matters. And, when I get rid of you and your unborn foal, I will finally control Coltypt and lead it to greatness, surpassing all the pharaohs that have ever existed, including you."

"Please, Seti, do whatever you want with me, but spare Seshat and my foal" Nefertem said. "I'm begging you."

Using his magic, Seti took a sword that was hanging on a wall, as he placed himself in front of his older brother. He then said to him:

"I'm sorry, brother, but that's not part of my plan."

And, having said this, he stabbed Nefertem with the sword and the guard put the deposed pharaoh on the ground, dead.

"Now, let’s go take care of my dear nephew" Seti said.

"You have nothing to worry about" the guard said. "The other guards are already dealing with Queen Seshat and the foal."

"I’ll just be rested when I see her body with the foal inside" Seti said. "What are you waiting for? Bring her to me!"

"Yes, sir" the guard said, heading to the exit.

Seti then turned to his dead brother and, using his magic, took the headdress from his head and headed to the throne. He sat in it and then put the headdress, saying:

"As of this moment, I am the new Pharaoh of Coltypt!"

In the bedroom, Seshat was waiting for the return of Nefertem. It was then that the door opened and a guard entered.

"Your Highness, I have orders to take you to a safe place" he said.

"But my husband told me to stay here" Seshat said.

"Things are more complicated than we thought" the guard said. "The pharaoh sent me to put you and the baby safe."

"Very well" Seshat said.

She began heading to the exit and the guard was waiting, preparing to attack her as soon as she got closer. But before he could do it, somepony hit him from behind with a vase and the guard fell unconscious on the floor. Seshat startled when this happened and then she saw who had done that: Tuya.

"Tuya?" Seshat asked. "But what did you do?"

"I had to do it" she said. "He was going to attack you."

"Attack me? What do you mean? "

"Seshat, I know this is going to be a shock to you, but you have to be strong. My husband is responsible for everything that is happening."

"What?" Seshat asked.

"He wants to be Pharaoh, even that for that..." Tuya said.

But she couldn't finish, but Seshat realized what she meant. She probably would never see his beloved husband, the father of the foal that she had in her womb, again. Tears began to fall at her face.

"Seshat" Tuya said. "I didn't want things to reach this point. But Seti got corrupted by the malice of the Lord of Chaos. However, although I couldn’t stop him from kill your husband, I can prevent you from getting killed. After all, I'm a mother."

"I know..." Seshat said. "And I've always considered you as a friend, Tuya. I'm glad you also feel the same."

The two exchanged a hug and then Tuya said:

"But now you must escape."

Seshat waved and, taking a hooded cloak to go unnoticed, she left the room. Tuya headed to her room so that Seti wouldn’t be suspicious. Fortunately, Seshat managed to sneak past the guards without being seen, although she saw that they were all over the palace, trying to find her.

As soon as she left the palace, walked to the citadel, hoping to shelter until things settle down to get out of Coltypt without being caught by her brother-in-law. After all, there was still hope for the kingdom and that hope was in her womb.

Although Seshat have managed to escape, Seti knew that he didn't have to worry about, as his nephew or niece had not yet born, so as soon as dawn broke, he communicated to all the land that he was now the pharaoh and he would bring changes that would bring prosperity to Coltypt and make it the greatest kingdom of all. With this, the Lord of Chaos, having Seti under his influence, conquered Coltypt, turning the game in your favor again, something that did not please his brother.

In the castle of Discordia, the Lord of Chaos was sitting on his throne, when the doors of the throne room were opened of outburst and his older brother came in.

"Hey, big brother" the Lord of Chaos said cynically. "What's the matter? You look upset."

"How dare you to take over Coltypt?!" the Lord of Order asked. "Do you realize what you've done?!"

"Actually, no" the Lord of Chaos replied, turning into darkness and reappearing in front of his brother. "Just because I didn't do anything. Seti did."

"Because you manipulated him!" the Lord of Order exclaimed. "I had Seti’s envy and greed under control and you undid all my work!"

"It was your rules that led him to usurp the throne" the Lord of Chaos said. "You're the one who created that little darkness inside of him. And I confess that I may have played a little with it."

"You're going to pay for this" the Lord of Order said. "This will not end this way. It may take years, but I'm taking back what you took from me."

"Of course you will try" the Lord of Chaos said. "But I will not lose. To beat me in this battle, brother, you need to play dirty. Something that I know you never will."

"I don't need to play dirty" the Lord of Order replied. "I have the truth and the reason on my side, in addition to a new light for Coltypt."

"You mean Nefertem’s foal?" the Lord of Chaos asked, in a mocking tone. "The unborn child?"

"But he will be born" the Lord of Order replied.

“So it’s a colt” the Lord of Chaos said. “How interesting.”

"And when he grow up and become strong like his father, he will occupy the place that is rightfully his" the Lord of Order said.

"Unless I catch him before that" the Lord of Chaos said.

There was a silence between the two and then the Lord of Order was surrounded by a burst of bright light. Feeling his brother’s light, the Lord of Chaos was thrown against the staircase leading to his throne, with burn marks on his armor and body that soon began to dispel. When the light was gone, the Lord of Order also had disappeared. The Lord of Chaos stood up and said to the air, referring to his brother:

"You could at least have exited the throne room before doing that!"