• Published 23rd Mar 2016
  • 1,710 Views, 64 Comments

The Times They Are A Changeling - Super Trampoline



Being a first generation interspecies couple isn't easy. But it's not exactly hard, either. It's just different, you know? Different is alright though. Different is interesting. Different is good.

  • ...
4
 64
 1,710

Breastfeeding?

"So, can I breastfeed?"

"I don't know. I'm not the changeling in this relationship."

"Fair point. But I mean, all this talk of having a foal has gotten me thinking."

"And?"

"Well, you know how we're going to have to either adopt or have a surrogate mother?"

"Yes."

"Well, I run into a similar problem here. Yes, changeling bodies can replicate most fluids that might come out of a regular pony."

"I'm keenly aware."

"That was one time! Anyway, yes, I could theoretically create a poor facsimile of breast milk, but it's not going to be very nutritious and it's not going to be very much and it would take a lot of energy out of me."

"Okay, so we buy bottled milk for our future son or daughter.

"But I mean, I want to experience the motherhood experience! Isn't nursing part of that?"

"Look, if a foal sucking on your teats is going to make you feel more like a mother, I say go for it. Um, that sentence sounded less weird in my head."

"Yeah. Do you think I'm silly though, obsessing over this?"

"No, I don't think you're obsessing. I think you want authenticity, and that's something noble, well, not noble. Um...

"Valid?"

"Sure, let's go with that. Something valid to strive for."

"So I can't breastfeed, but I can pretend to?"

"I guess? We'll just need to put baby bottles on the foal shower registry, and we should be good."

"Okay. I'm glad we had this conversation."

Author's Note: