• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 4,018 Views, 190 Comments

The 7th Element Season 2: Part 1, The Rise of Maelstrom. - Rojack79



Gadget is left broken after his life or death ordeal at the hand's of Vice Grip. Now that he has somewhat recovered he is ready to take on the role of Knight Protector of the royal family. But evil plot's threaten to destroy equestria from within.

  • ...
16
 190
 4,018

Chapter 7: Chaos Unbound, Part 2.

4:00 P.M. Canterlot Coliseum.

Gadget laid on his side panting and sweating profusely from Midnight's impromptu fighting lessen's. Midnight meanwhile was standing in the background drinking from a water bottle a look of pure joy on her face. She eyed Gadget up and down.

"Well i did all i could. The way the night end's will be up to him." She walked over to the gasping stallion and sat next to him extending her water bottle. He gulped it down without a second thought and flopped back down to the cool dirt floor. She snickered at his condition. He looked up at her smirk with a scowl.

"If you wanted me dead why not just kill me now and get it over with?" He asked as he struggled to get to his hooves. Midnight just laughed and gave him a hoof. He grasped it and pulled himself up. Once he was on his hooves, Midnight decided to go to a nearby park to cool off from there sparring match. He followed after giving the arena one last glance.

"I hope tonight go's smoothly." He whispered to himself.

4:30 P.M. Ponyville.

Twilight was sitting in her tree house reading a nice book when all of a sudden she heard a loud crash from downstairs.

"Spike?" She called out. She didn't get an answer so she went down to the first floor. As she descended the stairs she went rigid.

"Spike is at rarity's today." Slowly she tip toed the rest of the way down the flight of stair's. She heard more rattling around and found the noise emanating from the kitchen. She lit up her horn preparing to cast any number of spell's at her unknown assailant. Feeling confident in her element of surprise she rounded the corner with blinding speed only to see her fridge had been ransacked. Whoever had done it left in a hurry. A small bowl of what used to be oat's and honey was on the floor, the bowl was spinning on it's edge, the oat's and honey was gone.

"Who?" Twilight thought as she stated at the mess that had been her nice clean kitchen. She was so shocked she didn't notice the pony sneaking up on her until it was to late.

"HEY TWILIGHT!!" Twilight then did one of two thing's. First she screamed at the top of her lung's. This in and of it's self didn't faze the intruder. What happened next was a complete shock to both pony's. Twilight spun around and fired off her spell but the intruder proved to be faster. She ducked underneath the spell and it missed her by a hair's breath.

"Wow twi that one would have hurt." Came the unmistakable voice of a curtain pink party throwing pony.

"PINKY!?" Twilight screamed in both shock and confusion, a twisted look coming to her face as she tried to process all that happened in the past 10 second's. Finally Twilight got her brain to form a coherent thought and asked one simple question.

"Pinky what in the wide wide world of equestria are you doing here?" Pinky actually thought about it. then without warning she began to shake very violently and vibrate around the room.

"T-t-t-t-h-h-h-i-i-i-i-i-i-s-s-s-s-s-s i-i-i-s-s-s w-w-w-h-h-h-y-y-y-y i-i-i-m-m-m-m h-h-h-e-e-e-r-r-r-e-e-e." Pinky said as she began to bounce all over the tree house. Twilight brought up a spell to catch the demented pink cannon ball. Eventually pinky's violent shaking and bouncing stopped. Twilight set her down and she collapsed onto the floor looking exhausted for the first time in.... ever. Twilight walked around her friend scanning her for any abnormality's. She tried to not think of the paradoxical nature of that thought and focused on finding any explanation for her friend's current problem. She didn't find anything. She held her head low as she gave pinky the new's.

"I'm sorry pinky, but i can't seem to find anything wrong with you.. beyond what we already have." She added with a sheepish smile. Pinky laughed.

"Oh twilight i knew you wouldn't be able to help me all by yourself. My pinky sense tole me to come here because something big was was going to happen." Pinky said as she raised her hoof's in exclamation. That little burst of happiness however tired Pinky out far more than she thought it would. Pinky went from standing and smiling to face planting on the wooden floor of the tree house and light's out, snoring in sleep. Twilight wen over and poked the mare. She did not stir.

"Oh no now what am i going to do?" Twilight thought to herself. Just as she was about to go upstairs there was a loud knock on the front door. Twilight looked at the door with trepidation.

"Who could that be?" She asked herself. More knocking came from the door this time more frantic that the last. Twilight rushed over to it and looked through the peephole. On the other side was an excited looking Spike hopping up and down.

"Twilight you gotta see this!" He shouted through the thick wooden door. Twilight could see that spike had something clutched in his stubby little claws. She quickly yanked the door open, flung him inside and slammed the door shut. When his world stopped spinning from the sudden rush of blood to his head he looked around the tree house and saw pinky passed out on the floor.

"Uh Twilight what happened?" He asked poking pinky with a claw. Twilight shook her head.

"That is a very convoluted story spike." Twilight looked at a scrunched up piece of paper spike was holding.

"What is that spike?"

"Huh? Oh this!" He said realizing the importance of the packet he was carrying. He smiled as he waved the packet around.

"These are our ticket's for the battle royal tonight in the Canterlot Coliseum." He said striking a pose. Twilight snickered as she brought the ticket's up to her face.

"Let's see here, 5,6,7 ticket's to the arena tonight." She looked from the ticket's to pinky and shook her head.

"I guess i'd better go get the girl's. We''ll have to catch an express train if we want to make to canterlot on time."

5:00 P.M. Canterlot Coliseum.

The gladiatorial reenactment was only a few hour's away now and Gadget was pumped. He was full of pent up energy and the pony's outside were as well. He could literally feel the excitement in the air. He and the other contestant's were in the waiting room checking all of there gear to make sure it was safe for the upcoming fight's. Gadget was strapping his sword to his back when he was suddenly jerked off his hoof's and brought muzzle to muzzle with Midnight.

"Uh Princess what are---" Gadget's breath caught in his throat as he felt a soft pair of lip's press themselves to his cheek. His face was beet red.

"W-w-w-what w-w-w-was t-t-t-that f-f-f-f-for?" Gadget asked trying to contain his stutter. Midnight gave him a playful smirk as she stuck her tongue out at him, her head cocked to the side and her eye's giving him a predatory glare.

"Well my knight you must do your best tonight." She said as she sashayed around him swishing her tail about his form. She stopped in front of Gadget and stared him in the eye's. He squirmed under her gaze looking all around the giant stone room. The other contestant's were paying the princess no mind, all except for Prince Charlemagne. He was glaring at Gadget with the intent to kill. Midnight seemed hell bent on pushing all of the prince's button's tonight. She stopped her scrutiny of gadget and with one smooth motion she brushed her cheek against Gadget's and let out a soft sigh of content.

"Be brave my knight. And make your enemy's suffer under your steel clad hoof. Don't give them the benefit of mercy. Strike them down with a vengeance and all of the fury of an unbridled storm!" She stomped her hoof into the stone floor for, emboldening her speech with the sound of thunder overhead and leaving an indent in the cold white marble.

Gadget gulped down his fear at her fierce display and nodded his head in agreement.

"Yes your highness. I shall do my best to make sure my opponent's are dispatched with haste and ease." He said as he nervously bowed his head. Midnight went from fierce and determined to bright and cheery like the flip of a switch.

"Good! Then i and our compatriot's shall be chairing for you in the stand's." And without missing a beat she turned around and left the room, a soft smile on her face as she hummed a little tune to herself. The Prince had made his way over to Gadget who was stuck in a stupor over Midnight's odd display.

"That Mare scare's me." He said to Gadget as he pulled on his this metal helmet. Gadget gave no argument there. He studied the other contestant's in tonight's line up. All in all there was a grand total of six pony's fighting in tonight's gladiator game's. One of them caught his eye. He squinted to get a better look.

"Swift Wing!" He exclaimed as he bounded towards the pegasus. Swift for his part looked up to the voice and smiled.

"Hey there, Sir Sky-Rose." He said as he exaggeratedly bowed to Gadget. Gadget just laughed at this and took up a regal look.

"Thank you, peasant. You may rise and look upon the posh beauty that is me!" Gadget said failing to keep a straight face. The Prince looked at the two and was instantly reminded of why he hated Gadget so much.

"And now he make's fun of his own rank and title." He thought shaking his head. Charlemagne just looked around in disgust. The other combatant's were hardly what he would call arena material.

"These nitwits couldn't fight there way out of a paper bag. Let alone fight on the battlefield." The prince just went back to his little spot on the floor and began to pull out his spear. It was a simple design, a flat spade shaped blade serrated on both end's for maximum damage. It was only 5 feet long but that was more than enough reach to run his enemy's through. Of course with these game's tonight thing's would be different. they wouldn't be fighting to the death, but to the last man standing.

As he had understood it the game's instructor would cast a spell on there weapon's and armor. This spell would make it so that there weapon's would pass through there opponent's leaving there body's unharmed but damaging there armor and paralyzing the body part that was struck. It was a crude but effective way of determining who the victor was. If the opponent couldn't move then they were effectively out of the game's. As another wave of laughter escaped from Gadget and his companion Charlemagne just rolled his eye's.

"Those fool's better be prepared for a beating."

6:00 P.M. Canterlot Train Station.

Twilight and friend's stepped off onto the platform and the group made there way to the coliseum. Pinky Pie had woken up during the train ride and would not stop talking much to the group's annoyance.

"So who's going to be there? Is it Santa? No wait The Easter bunny! Oh no, is it king schmooze? Or how about--" Her ti raid of babble was cut off by Twilight gagging Pinky with a plank of wood she found on the ground.

"Thank the princess that's over with." Rainbow sighed in relief. The other girls nodded there head's in approval. At there brisk pace the six of them made it to the coliseum in record time. When they got there the seat's were only just beginning to be filled with eager pony's.

"Girl's!" The voice said off to there left. Twilight looked up to see Princess Celestia waving a hoof. The friend's made there way over to the V.I.P box of the arena. Once they got in they saw that the box was packed with the foreign dignitary's from last night's dinner party. Including a new pony that had yet to make herself known. She must have felt the eye's upon her because she turned around and gave them a toothy smile, waving as she did so. She bowed low to the six and cleared her throat.

"Greeting's to you element's of harmony." The six noticed that she had the same accent as Prince Charlemagne. The six bowed back and the thestral continued.

" My name is Princess Nix. It is truly an honer to finally meet the pony's responsible for saving the world from the clutch's of Nightmare Moon." At the mention of that name Midnight flinched and her eye twitched. But she sloughed it off and went back to scanning the arena below for any sign's of Gadget and his fellow gladiator's. Princess Cadance, Shining Armor and the rest of Twilight's family were already there and seated. Gadget's family had only just arrived. Princess Celestia was looking to the sky's for her sister, Luna.

As Midnight scanned the floor below she couldn't help but shake the feeling that something was off. She looked around and scanned each and every one of the patron's sitting in the V.I.P booth. They all appeared excited and nervous. When her eye's settled on Nix the two locked gaze's. Nix's eye's flashed a soft pale green for a split second before going back to there natural sky blue. This unnerved her for but her fear was soon drowned out by the sound of battle drum's and champion trumpet's. The Fighter's were on there way to the arena floor.

Author's Note:

All right folk's here's the second part of Chaos unbound. I really wanted to get to the fighting in this chapter but alas it was not to be. So it Seem's a third chapter is in order. Only 3 more chapter's to go until the end of the first act for Season 2. Next up Chaos unbound Part 3, Then Chaos Incarnate Part's 1&2. See you all later.