• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 4,029 Views, 190 Comments

The 7th Element Season 2: Part 1, The Rise of Maelstrom. - Rojack79



Gadget is left broken after his life or death ordeal at the hand's of Vice Grip. Now that he has somewhat recovered he is ready to take on the role of Knight Protector of the royal family. But evil plot's threaten to destroy equestria from within.

  • ...
16
 190
 4,029

Chapter 5: A Brother's Duty, A Sister's Lament.

Author's Note:

Ok folk's. I am so sorry it took me so long to get this out. I had life happening up the wazoo. But i got it finished. Had to cut some stuff for use in the next chapter. So here it is. I have to admit i feel like this is one of my worst chapter's yet. But comment and tell me if you agree. Is this the worst one i have done and if so then why.

7, 21, 1000, C.E.
Canterlot Castle, Canterlot.
8:00 A.M.

Gadget and Midnight made there way to the dining hall for breakfast. The two were very giddy this morning having made plan's for another late night dance session tonight. The two of them laughed and joked the whole way to the table. Gadget pulled out Midnight's seat and she bowed to show her gratitude. Midnight used her magic to get Gadget's seat for him. He sat down next to her and smiled. The Whole table was consumed in conversation. Princess Cadance looked at the two pony's and smiled. The she felt another's emotion's swell as well. She looked over to see Prince Charlemagne who looked as composed as ever. He gave Gadget some glare's every now and then but he kept his emotion's under control. Then he smiled.

"Lady Midnight?" He asked catching the princess's and everypony else's attention. Midnight looked to Charlemagne.

"Yes Sir Charlemagne?" She answered. Charlemagne smiled at her use of his proper title.

"Would you like to go on a walk with me? After breakfast?" He asked looking hopeful. Midnight thought about it.Not wanting to appear rude in front of the whole table she shrugged her shoulder's.

"Sure. I see no reason why not." Charlemagne's heart soared. Midnight not wanting to be caught alone and unaware's with a foreign dignitary smiled. "If it's all right with you i would like to bring my knight with me." She said continuing to eat her food. Charlemagne's heart crashed and burned in a fiery inferno. He looked over to Gadget who was busy munching on a waffle like a little puppy. He cursed internally. The Prince put on a fake smile.

"Sure your majesty." He said not breaking a sweat.


9:00 A.M.
Canterlot Royal Garden's.

Midnight, Gadget and Charlemagne made there way through Canterlot's famous sculptor garden. Gadget had been through it a few time's with his family but it still had a captivating quality to it. Midnight looked to and fro as they made there way through the garden's taking in all of the finely sculpted art. Her eye's continually darted from one piece of art to the next. Gadget found it amusing.

Charlemagne found it a nuisance. He had wanted to talk to Midnight, not go sight seeing. It was bad enough he had to abide Sir Sky-Rose's presence, now he couldn't even get a word in edge wise as Midnight found something new to look at every five second's.

"Sir Sky-Rose, Sir Charlemagne come and look at this!" Midnight shouted darting off in some new direction like a newborn filly. If the Prince did not know any better he would have thought that she was one. The two stallion's fallowed there exuberant companion in stride. Finally to escape the clutch's of boredom Charlemagne looked to his unwelcome tag along. He weighed his option's.

"Sir Sky Rose." He asked sounding no less cheerful than usual. Gadget looked back to him and inclined his head.

"Yes your highness?" He answered as he hung back to match Charlemagne's pace.

Charlemagne took a second to look at Gadget's feature's. Without his armor on he the Prince could see that despite his shortcoming's Gadget was a stout built pony that could hold his own in a fight. He was small being a unicorn. The Prince was taller than he by about half a tail's length. Gadget however had the well toned muscle's of a mechanic, and each step he took oozed a strong confidence.

All in all The Prince had an uphill battle to fight with this stallion who had seen fit to lay eye's on his queen. It would not be easy. Not by a long shot, but when The Prince stood victorious over his foe's broken body he would have to congratulate the fool on a hard fought battle. As the prince was lost in his musing's Gadget shrugged his shoulder's and continued to walk up to Midnight. She however stood at the base of a stone statue, looking livid at the vile thought's floating about the prince's mind.

She spun around raining death glare's at the unsuspecting Prince.

"THAT ARROGANT, VILE, PIECE OF----" Her anger was however interrupted by the sound of foal's laughing and cheering.


"All right my little pony's, right this way." Princess Celestia said as she lead a troupe of small foal's through the Canterlot Royal Garden's. Behind her Sweetie Bell, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Hot Shot along with the rest of the ponyville school house all fallowed Princess Celestia through her sculpture garden. The Princess pointed to a sculpture with three little foal's playing with one another.

"That statue my little pony's represent's friendship." She said starring at it with fond eye's. The school foal's all got a good look at the statue. The C.M.C. looked at it then moved on to the next one. Hot Shot fallowed after them. Celestia saw were they were heading and smirked. She then pointed to the next statue that the C.M.C was heading toward's.

"Hot Shot, Girl's." She called out getting the young foal's attention's. They all stopped and looked at the princess giving her sheepish grin's. The Princess just smiled.

"Do you four know what that statue mean's?" She said. The statue was one of a stone pony standing on it's hind leg's holding up an orange flag. The group just looked at it.

"Um." Was there collective response. Celestia chuckled to herself. She opened her mouth to speech but was cut off by the voice of Princess Midnight.

"Sir Charlemagne I thank you for your hospitality this morning. But i am afraid that my royal duty is upon me." She said as she bowed to the Prince who was looking lost and confused. She then grabbed Gadget and made her way through the garden to Princess Celestia and the group of foal's. Gadget just looked at Midnight who was looking furious. As Gadget noticed this he also saw dark storm cloud's begin to gather around the garden's.

"Um Midnight are you ok?" He asked tentatively. She looked at him first in anger but as she saw him flinch back her face fell.

"Oh um." She sighed and shook her head.

"No Sir Sky Rose i am not ok." She said feeling guilty for scaring Gadget. He felt all of her emotion's.

"So what has you so upset and confused?" He said giving the Princess a smile. She looked at him and smiled back.

"Sir Charlemagne just overstepped his bound's." She said giving his name a spit in the dirt. The Prince was on his way back to the castle luckily for him. Gadget thought back to there conversation.

"How did he do that?" He asked looking puzzled. Midnight was about to let Gadget in on the prince's thought's but they were both interrupted by three thing's. The first was Gadget getting hug/tackled to the ground by a bright yellow and red blur.

"Gadget!" Hot Shot yelled as he and Gadget rolled in the dirt. Gadget just laughed as he rolled onto his back and bounced Hot Shot off of his hooves.

"Hey squirt! How's it going?" He said as Hot Shot steadied himself in the air just above Gadget's outstretched hooves. Hot Shot hung in the air and thought about his day.

"Well this morning Apple Bloom had milk coming out her nose during breakfast." He said exuberantly. Apple Bloom just tried to slink away making herself as small as possible. Gadget just laughed as he touched hooves with Hot Shot and balanced him there. His face was screwed up in concentration on not letting his little brother fall. As soon as that thought reached his brain however his world went blank.

Brother? Is that who he's become? Gadget looked up at Hot Shot. His face was one of pure happiness as he and Gadget played about. He knew that the two were getting closer by the day. They had been to trip's to the park, to the arcade, even to the library to study up on some stuff. All in all they had been spending more time together than Gadget realized. He was brought back to reality by a soft knock on the head.

"Hey are you listening?" He looked up to see Hot Shot dangling on his hooves, a stern look on his face with his fore hooves crossed. Gadget laughed at the display. He ruffled Hot Shot's hair.

" Haha yah little guy. I hear ya." He said picking Hot Shot up and putting him on his back with his magic. All the while the Princess's and the group of foal's were all looking on, giddy look's of excitement on there face's. One of the foal's spoke up.

"Excuse me Sir Sky-Rose?" Gadget looked over to the group.

"Oh hey kid's." He said noticing them all standing there. His face went from happy to awkward nervousness. He scratched the back of his head.

"So. What bring's all of you here?" He asked no pony in particular. The Princess's both laughed at Gadget's sudden bout of bashfulness. Sweetie Bell's hoof shot into the air. Gadget called on her.

"Yes. Sweetie Bell, what can i do for you?" He asked as he walked over to the group and sat down. She looked between Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. Then the three huddled together to have a "Private Conversation" which wasn't so much private as really lowly whispered. Gadget calmed down a little bit. He then plopped down in the dirt tucked his tail underneath his leg's and waited for the girl's to ask him a question. Meanwhile the same colt from before asked Gadget a question.


"You ask him."

"No you ask him. You and Rarity are the one's always going on about how wonderful it is to have your own Knight in Shining Armor." Scootaloo said as she fainted swooning. Apple Bloom gave them both look's of disapproval.

"Why don't we all ask him a question." She asked looking between her two friend's. They all nodded in agreement and turned around. Gadget looked like he was studying a cloud in the sky very intently, as he tried to not pry into there "Secret Conversation". He looked over and saw them all looking at him. He clapped his hooves together.

"So girl's what can i do for you?" He asked again. The Three looked at him with giddy smile's on there face's.


9:34, A.M.

After Gadget's impromptu field trip through the garden's with the foal's the small group of colt's and filly left with Princess Celestia to go take a look at the royal bed chamber's. "Were the fluffiest and softest pillow's in the realm reside." According to Princess Luna, who passed the group on her way to her own royal quarter's. All of the foal's left, except for one.

"So big bro what are you and the princess up to today?" Hot Shot asked as he tagged along with Gadget as they and Midnight made their way's to the royal counsel hall. Gadget flinched a little bit as being called Bro. He never had a little brother. To have one now was....a daunting thought to say the least. He still wasn't entirely comfortable with the title. He looked down to Hot Shot's inquisitive face. He smiled.

"Well squirt we're on our way to one of the most 'exciting' part's of being a princess." He said winking at Midnight who gave him a chuckle and a roll of her eye's. She smiled to for it would be a long and boring couple of hour's ahead of them. She might not get to smile like this for the rest of the day. Hot Shot didn't get the sarcasm in Gadget's voice and was shaking from excitement.

"Oh boy what are we going to go do now!?" He said hopping onto Gadget's back. The stallion looked back at Hot Shot and smiled.

"Well you'll just have to wait till we get there." He said. Then he looked over at Midnight. He just smiled. He turned his head and whispered to Hot Shot. His face lit up and he shook his head vigorously. Midnight overheard to two conspirator's.

"And just what are you two planning?" She asked a smirk on her face. The two just smiled in unison. This somewhat unnerved her. Then they spoke in unison.

"Oh you just something really fun" The Princess stopped and looked at the two.

"Are you both ok?" She asked looking concerned. They had never done anything like this. The two just smiled. Then Hot Shot spoke up.

"We have just one question Princess." She looked at them.

"Ok?" Then Gadget spoke.

"Are you ready?" Midnight looked at them.

"Ready for what?"

"To get set."

"Get set for what?" She asked confused.

"GO!" They both shouted at the same time, startling the Princess into a stupor. She sat there for a few second's.

"Last one to the council chamber's is a rotten egg!" By the time Midnight got what their little joke was the duo was long gone. She used her royal voice to shout at the two.

"YOU WONT GET AWAY THAT EASILY!" She flew off after them.


The Prince was packing his bag's. His two day stay for the royal conference was up tonight. While he had tried to gain the favor of his Princess he had fallen short. He would give it one more shot tonight at the annual Royal Game's. He would prove his worth to his Princess in front of the whole stadium of pony's. He would crush his adversary and proclaim himself the rightful suitor for Princess Midnight. He heard a loud voice sweep through the castle.

"Midnight?" He packed the last of his thing's and then made his way to the Royal Council. When he got there he saw something that made his blood boil. Gadget was standing there with a small foal on his back. That in and of itself was not what earned the Prince's wrath. The two were dancing a little jig in place as Midnight looked on. She was shaking her head in obvious disapproval at the two's antic's. And they were blatantly disregarding her!

"That loathsome cur needs to be put in his place." The Prince spoke as he made his way back to his chamber's.


Midnight stood there shaking her head laughing at the two's silly dance. Well it was more of Gadget just prancing about in place while Hot Shot clung to his head trying not to fall off. She just mused about the night's festivity's as the two went about there silliness. Then her eye's lit up. She knew how she could get them back. Well at least she could get the ring leader back. Her smirk got wider by the second. Gadget finally got tired of dancing in place and sat down with a huff.

"So Princess now that we're here what exactly are we going to do?" The Princess just smiled.

"Well i will have to take up responsibility's for the day court while Tia play's tour guide." She said as they made there way to the Royal Council Seat.


Meanwhile,...

Scream's of pain and agony could be heard from behind the huge metal door. It had replaced the other one that Midnight had ripped off it's hinge's earlier that year. Princess Celestia smiled as the group of foal's neared the door with horror etched into there face's. She pointed to the door.

"This my little pony's is the royal dungeon's were we put all of the bad evil pony's that don't want to do there homework or listen to there parent's. It's also were we put all of the bad and mean pony's that want to hurt other's." She said a sadistic smile adorning her muzzle. And they said i would never make a god tour guide. Well i guess i showed them. I'll have to go down there and give them a raise for there good acting.