• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 1,332 Views, 12 Comments

Dreams - The_Random_Something



When Rainbow Dash eats some flowers, she goes into a coma and has dreams about her past life.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,332

Part 2- The History

Rainbow Dash rushed to class, hoping not to be late. She had heard that they were doing something very exciting today and she couldn't wait to find out what it was. The filly slid on the clouds, trying to get a grip with her hooves. Right as she entered the classroom, the bell rang and Rainbow let out a sigh of relief. The only seat that was open was one in front so the filly put down her saddle bags and sat down.

"Good morning, students!" Miss Flicker said a little too happily.

"Good Morning, Ms. Flicker." Not-so-happily said the class and the teacher cleared her throat, seemingly unbothered by the lack of enthusiasm.

"Now, everypony, will you all please meet me on the Training Field? We have something planned today that I'm sure you'll all enjoy!" The teacher said and the small ponies gathered their stuff and headed out the door, following their teacher.

When they reached the field, the ponies got in their assigned spots, trying to ignore the scorching heat. Rainbow Dash got in her place, streching out her legs. She knew they were going to race so, why not be prepared?

"Alright, everypony! Today we are going to do something new! We are going to start doing tricks while flying!" Said Miss Flicker. This statement was followed by whispers and murmmers, everyone not really sure what to make of it.

In Rainbow Dash's mind, she was chanting 'Now's my chance, now's my chance... over and over again. Beside her was a pony that was glaring at her, apparently for no reason. The filly set her jaw, looking like she was about ready to fight. Rainbow stepped back a little, not wanting to make a scene.

"Um, hi! I'm Rainbow Dash. You are?" asked Rainbow and the filly raised an eyebrow, then turned away. Rainbow Dash was very confused but slowly turned her head back to face foward.

"Alright, class! Are you ready?" Said Miss Flicker and the class shouted back an awesome "YES!!!".

"Okay! Ready? Set?... GO!!!!" Shouted the teacher and everyone bolted into the sky. Some ponies stayed low while others went high, but the highest two were Rainbow Dash and that one filly who had seemed angry had her. The filly smirked at Rainbow Dash then folded in her wings so she dropped to the clouds below. Right before she reached the school, she unfolded her wings and shot back into the sky, twirling around while doing so.

Rainbow Dash was dumbfounded but she didn't show it. The filly realized that this was now a competition. Rainbow bolted upward, higher than before. She could feel the air in her lungs getting thinner and her breaths getting shorter but that didn't matter. Right before she about passed out from lack of oxygen, Rainbow Dash did a flip then bolted back down, leaving behind her a rainbow.

When she got back down to the school, Rainbow realized that all of her fellow students were watching her. The filly felt a little embarrased because, well, the teacher was beaming at her like she was her own child. The class stood in awe for a second then burst out pounding their hooves on the cloud, making a huge racket. The only pony not cheering was that one filly. She was in the back of the class, a tear rolling down her cheek.



The bell rang and Ms. Flicker nodded. "Class dismissed! Have a great day!" She said happily and the class quickly grabbed their stuff then rushed out of the classroom. Right as Rainbow Dash was about to leave, the teacher motioned for her to come to her. Oh, great. What did I do this time? She asked herself and mopily trudged towards the teacher.

"Yes? Did I do something wrong?" She asked and the teacher shook her head then smiled. Rainbow raised an eyebrow then sat down in a chair.

"No! Not at all! Actually, the exact opposite!" Ms. Flicker said cheerily in the overly-nice way she said things. Rainbow Dash smiled and sat tall in her chair.

"Really?!" She exploded then cleared her throat. "I mean: What did I do to impress you?" Ms. Flicker smiled a sickly smile then paced closer to her student.

"You almost did a Super Sonic Rainboom!" The teacher cried and Rainbow fell back against her chair, almost slipping under the desk.

"I-I did?" She sputtered and Ms. Flicker nodded happily. Rainbow's eyes widened but she sat tall again. "Woah... Really?"

"Um... Yes?" The teacher replied then cleared her throat. "If you keep practicing, you may be able to pull it off!" This time, Rainbow did fall off her chair. Ms. Flicker rushed over to her student. "Oh! Are you okay?!" The teacher yelled and her student nodded. "Good. Well, see you tomorrow!" she called and Rainbow Dash rushed out of the classroom, hoping to make it on time to her next class.

"Good morning, students." Said Mr. Chase, not nearly as happily as Ms. Flicker.

"Good morning, Mr. Ch-" Started the class but the teacher cut them off.

"Yes, students. Today we will be learning about grammar." He said and everypony groaned. The teacher whirled around to face the students, his face a disturbing mash of evil and angry. "What... Was that?" He snapped and the class stopped then cheered unconvincingly.

"I like Ms. Flicker better." Rainbow whispered to the pony next to her who answered with a sneer. Rainbow grimaced, realizing it was the pony from before. "Oh... It's you again. Why were you so-" Rainbow Dash started but was cut off by Mr. Chase's stare and evil shout.

"Who is talking while I am teaching?!" He screamed and the rest of the class immideatly pointed to Rainbow Dash, she groaned. Of course. She thought then sat back in her chair, rolling her pencil around on the desk.

"I will be seeing you after class, Miss Dash." The teacher droned and the student nodded. Rainbow Dash looked over at the pony who was smiling smugly at her, apparently enjoying her pain.

"Idiot." Said the pony, a little too loudly... Well, just loud enough for the teacher to hear her.

"Who said that?!" He shouted and this time every hoof pointed at the pony, including Rainbow's. Now it was her turn to look smug. "I will also see you after class, Miss..." He trailed off, looking a little confused then turned back to the chalkboard.

What? Why does he not know her name?... Well, I don't know her name but... I only hang out with my friends, so. Rainbow thought, blocking out the teacher's dumb teachings. Looks like there is a new thing to investigate, Inspector Dash. She continued in her head then leaned back in her seat, thinking over the clues.

Comments ( 2 )

must know more about what happened to Rainbow...
keep up the chapters and writing

There's something going on...Why is Rainbow back in school...? :moustache:

Login or register to comment