• Published 4th Mar 2016
  • 447 Views, 10 Comments

Becoming A Spy - Sparkletop Rainbows



Roseluck escapes death because of her friend Bonbon's pleas, but now she has to prove herself worthy of becoming an agent.

  • ...
1
 10
 447

Chapter 4- Finally Ready

Sweat dripped down on me face. This was the moment that I'd become one of Celestia's secret agents if I passed of course.

"Relax, Roseluck, you'll be fine," Bonbon tried to assure me, but nothing Bonbon said could abate the fear that was giving me butterflies in my stomach right now.

We were walking to the final course in Celestia's palace. Bonbon told that Princess Celestia is the one who starts the final test. The crowd was waiting for the princess, but she was nowhere to be seen. Moments passed by. The princess was still not to be seen.

Part of the crowd started to get impatient, and the other part of the crowd was confused. I was confused, but Bonbon was getting a little grumpy like the part of the impatient crowd.

"Is this some kind of joke? When Is the princess coming?" Bonbon yelled across to the worried, concerned guards who were supposed to stand by Celestia. The fidgeted, trying to find a reasonable excuse for the delay, but judging from the looks on their faces, they found none.

"I'm sorry, Roseluck. This had never happened before when it was my time for the final course. This delay might've ruined the experience for you. They may not even get to the final course at all," Bonbon apologized.

"It's fine, Bonbon," I assured her. A mare with a red mane wrapped in bun took charge of the event.

"I'm sorry to inform you all that the final course will not be taken. We have... A difficult conflict that is unsolvable at this moment, and may take some time. Please return to your abodes, you all can have another chance next time.

Groans and clamors rose up from the crowd, but after a while, all the ponies left.

"Well there's always next time, right?" I said, trying to look on the bright side. Bonbon, on the other hoof, looked upset. But then she looked up at me and gave me a small smile.

"Yeah, your right. There is always a next time," Bonbon said.

"Hey, why don't we do some site seeing here in Canterlot?" I offered.

"Sure, that sounds like a great idea," Bonbon said. She was averted from the sadness, and now looked more cheered up.

I and Bonbon were staying in a hotel that she went to before. Bonbon told me that she and Lyra came to Canterlot to come to a convention that Lyra was particularly interested in. I think it was something about humans, but I wasn't really paying attention to Bonbon.

After looking around the place, we went back to out hotel in the evening.

Bonbon yawned, being exhausted from walking that long. But I wasn't really tired yet, so I told Bonbon,"I'm going to go for a walk, I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Okay," Bonbon replied. In seconds, she was in deep sleep.

I went outside, trotting in the light of the moon. Surprisingly, there wasn't anypony on the streets but me. I've heard that most of the ponies who come here have business with Celestia. But since she's not here, I assumed they all were home.

The wind was calm and quiet. The air felt relaxing. Everything was nice and refreshing. Until I heard a scream. The sound jolted me from my peaceful state. Somepony was in trouble.

Comments ( 1 )

Hmm, Roseluck the luckiest agent to ever live...:ajsmug: Oh sorry its just a me imaging thing again :raritywink:

Login or register to comment