• Published 1st Mar 2016
  • 1,145 Views, 9 Comments

Appledash: The Magic of True Friendship - TwilightAppleDash



Rainbow Dash and Applejack have been dating for 4 months and all was going well, until one of their friends committed an unspeakable act of betrayal.

  • ...
5
 9
 1,145

The Second Act, Part 1- Rejection

“Twilight.” She looked up from where she had sat, wiping the tears from her eyes.

I walked over to where she had slumped against the wall.

"Twilight, I'm sorry that you feel this way about our choice, but I guess you're entitled to your own opinion and I can't change it." I said to her, kneeling down so that my eyes were level to hers. "While I'm not impressed by it, the least I can do is to respect it, and so I will."

She tried to look away, but I held her chin and directed her gaze back upon me. I had something that I needed her to know, or else I would never forgive myself.

"Twilight, I personally hope that it doesn't have to come down to that. We were best friends once, long before the others came, even before Applejack came. I had your back and you had mine, remember? I took a beating and a detention to save you, and you made it up by helping me with my Mathematics and English."

"We were best friends up until we came to high school. What with meeting the others, you taking on all those extra-curricular classes and me entering in all those sports, me and you kinda drifted apart. I regret not putting in the time to establish and re-new our friendship, because I miss hanging out with you sometimes. I mean, sure we hang out with the others, but when was the last time we ever did something together, just you and me?"

As I looked into her lilac eyes, I saw them fill with tears and I was aware of my own eyes getting damp.

"I really want to stay friends with you Twilight, not even just friends. I want us, you and me to be the best friends we used to be. The one thing standing in the way, is the fact that I love Applejack and I know she loves me too. If we're going to be friends, then your going to have to get over your fear." I continued, a little huskily. "Twilight, I want you to be my friend again, I want to forget about this."

So saying, I extended my hand out towards her, a little hesitant. "So what do you say?"

I don't know what I expected from her. Maybe in my naivety, I had thought that she would overcome a lifelong fear just to remain friends with people that she would most likely lose contact with, after college.

Whatever I may have though, I was definitely not expecting what did happen next.

She jumped to her feet, knocking my hand aside and threw herself at me, her hands locking around my throat.

In the suddenness of the attack, I hadn't time to react, and fell backwards onto my back, desperately scrabbling at her arms as I tried to break her grip.

Apparently, no one had expected it, including the girls, because for a moment, everyone was still, shocked into statues.

I fruitlessly tugged at her hands, as my vision began to blacken, I became aware of screams breaking out. Surely I can't be dieing! I had so many dreams! I cried in my mind. Boy, I sure overestimated our friendship.

As my vision faded to black, my hands fell away from my throat, and the last thing that I heard was Applejack screaming. "Get an exercise book!"

Author's Note:

Lol, it's been awhile. I know that this is kinda unrealistic, Twilight attempting to murder Dash in public, but hey ho. Life instilled beliefs can make ya do crazy things.

Comments ( 3 )

Will this story be anything like Appledashery?

7486925 What are the themes behind Appledashery???

7486990 Hehe, this one 5oo word chaoper took me 3 or 4 moths to put together, I was afraid of doing this chapter, in case of backlash

Login or register to comment