• Published 24th Mar 2016
  • 11,636 Views, 500 Comments

A Monstrous Family Reunion - drnkntst



What happens when you reunite parents with their son who has spent the last sixteen years in Equestria being raised by none other than Princess Celestia herself?

  • ...
25
 500
 11,636

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“How can you not be nervous?” Aloe asked as she massaged Fluttershy’s shoulders. “I mean, ze prince is very nice and you two are very cute together, but…”

“He is the prince,” Lotus finished for her sister. “You vill be a princess. You vill have to do much more than take care of critters. You vill be a public figure.”

“Oh, I was worried before,” Fluttershy answered, “but Princess Celestia assured me that I would not be expected to do any of that. I wouldn’t even have to be a princess if I didn’t want to. She told me my only responsibilities would be to myself and our happiness.”

“Mmm… That’s the way it should be, honey,” Gentle Breeze said through her face towel. She was enjoying getting a hooficure at the spa with her daughter and her friends. Besides, with the wedding only a couple days away, Chrysalis and her changelings escaped from the dungeon, and that bizarre event with that Starlight Glimmer mare, she knew her shy little daughter needed some time without worry and burden.

“I only hope that you and my son are happy,” Barbara said. “I’ll admit that I was put off by the whole different species thing when I first arrived here from Earth, but now I have zero concern that you will indeed make him very happy. Now we just have to wait for grandchildren,” she teased while the others in the spa giggled at the poor blushing bride to be.

Meanwhile, on the mountain overlooking Ponyville…

“If you keep losing weight like this, Dad, poor Fancy Pants isn’t going to be able to keep up with the modifications to your tux,” the prince remarked. “No offense, Fancy.”

“None taken, my friend.”

“Come on now, son. I’ve worked very hard to get rid of all that flab,” Steven said as he lifted his arms for another measurement. “Besides, your mother’s not complaining.”

The sound of measuring tape hitting the floor and a monocle reaching the end of its chain was the only sound for a few seconds. Then Chris said, “He means my human mother, Fancy, not Celestia.”

“*Ahem* I see.” Fancy replaced his monocle. “Please forgive me, Young Christopher. Your having two mothers is still new to me.”

“Hey, it’s new to me, too,” Steven chuckled. “Hell, there’s still times seeing one of you ponies floating through the sky still startles me.”

“*Heh* Yeah, you should see him jump when Rainbow Dash pulls off one of her random sonic rainbooms,” Chris teased his father.

“Still say it’s not natural.”

“From what you both gave told me about your own world,” Fancy Pants said while he wrote down his measurements, “I think I would prefer knowing exactly what time the rains are going to start.”

“*Hehe* Yeah, you’re probably right, Fancy,” Steven agreed.

At the same time, inside the bed chambers of the crowned prince…

“Sister, you have to stop hugging Christopher’s pillow. It is… creepy.”

“Leave me be, Luna. My darling son is being taken away from me,” Celestia whined.

“I understand how you feel, Princess,” Dust Bunny said, “but he is a grown stallion, er, man. You cannot keep him locked away forever. The world has met your son and he has found love. For a mother, can there be anything she would want more?”

“No, I suppose not. Still, it’s just so stressful. And I can’t even take time to myself to really process everything.”

“Oh, Sister, you are being overdramatic. If this truly taxes you so much, maybe you should retire.” Celestia looked at Luna incredulously. “What? You said you were stressed and needed time to yourself. Plus, you are so very old,” Luna smirked.

Celestia snorted at her sister’s remark and Bunny’s muffled chuckle. “While that may be true, my dear little sister, remember that you are only a few decades younger than I.” Luna’s smirk shrunk slightly, but still remained. “Maybe you’re correct though,” Bunny’s chuckles ceased instantly.

“What!? Princess, you can’t be serious.”

“No, I’m starting to think that that may be a good idea. There are others who are fully capable of handling this nation and any crisis that may rise.”

“I hope you are not planning on sticking me with all those miserable, stuck up, nobles,” Luna grumbled. “I swear, some of those… ponies make me long for the moon.”

“Oh, dear sister, I wouldn’t dream of leaving you by yourself… again.”

“Then,” Bunny asked, “who would run the country? Chris?”

Celestia looked to her sister and knowingly smiled. “No. No, I think I have somepony else in mind.”

At the same time, down in the guard house…

“…and that’s the plan. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with you commanding officer.” Shining Armor looked out over the assembled guards, who were largely silent and immobile. “I sincerely hope your silence means that you understand your roles inside and out, back to front, because if you fail in your duties, I will be very disappointed.” He walked to the edge of the dais he had given the briefing from and leaned in for emphasis. “Remember, this is the wedding of not only the bearer of the Element of Kindness, but also the crowned prince. The adopted son of Princess Celestia. You remember what happened at my wedding? Well that was before Chrysalis was angry, injured, humiliated, and hungry for vengeance. This it the best time for her to get that vengeance.”

A familiar changeling stepped onto the dais, followed by a second, slightly larger, one.

“Well said, Prince Armor. For those who don’t know me, my name is Desert Willow and this is Thorax. We both served under Chrysalis but have since seen the light of friendship.”

“I know that it seems odd to allow changelings into the palace, let alone in on a security briefing, but these two have my trust along with the trust of all four princesses and the groom.” Shining Armor waited patiently for the muttering to stop. “Now, please pay attention as these two explain what to look out for and how best to combat this threat. Thorax, Williow, please proceed.”

At a similar time of day, beneath Sugar Cube Corner…

“Jeez, Pinkie, ya’ll really are goin’ all out fer this wedding,” Applejack commented as she carefully stepped around one of the many piles of files, diagrams, and maps of rooms and tables.

“Of course I am! Two of our bestest friends are getting married! This is the most exciting thing to happen since Twilight became an alicorn! Everything needs to be perfect!”

“Look, you’re stressing yourself out when you know that nopony else is gonna be mad if everything falls apart,” Rainbow Dash reassured. “But if it helps, I can promise that the Wonderbolts are gonna be perfect.”

“Oh, I know that! Besides, Discord is gonna mess something up spectacularly anyway, so it can’t be all perfecty! That doesn’t mean that I can’t plan for everything else!” Pinkie said as she bounced from one desk to another only to pop out of a drawer on a cabinet on the other side of the room.

“An’ ya’ll remember who the bride is, right? Fluttershy can’t handle too much excitement,” Applejack pointed out.

“Yeah, of course!” Pinkie said indignantly as she slithered out of a pile of loose papers only to zip over to a recipe book. “Besides, Chris doesn’t like all that showy mess anyway! Hay, they’d probably both prefer a quick ‘I do’ followed by a cupcake and time alo~one!” her eyebrows bobbed a couple times as she peeked from behind a banner announcing Rainbow’s Birthaversary.

“Really didn’t need that kinda imagery, Pinkie,” Applejack responded as she pulled her hat down over her face.

“Just be glad you can’t fly,” Rainbow said.

“Why?”

With a shiver, Rainbow responded, “They don’t always keep it indoors.”

The next day, in a modest home in Canterlot…

“I have your ring and Miss Fluttershy’s necklace ready,” the large, gentle blacksmith informed the prince as he entered the sitting room. “Do you wish to inspect them?”

“You made them, Hammer. I’m sure they’re perfect,” Chris replied staring hard at the cards he was holding. “I will look them over as soon as I crush my enemy.” After a moment of intense concentration, he reached over and plucked a card from the filly sitting before him. He drew back his hand and peeked out of one eye only to find the dreaded old maid. He threw his cards down and, with a groan, laid face down on the floor.

Cotton Tail cheered and, giggling madly, climbed upon Chris’s back. “Giddy up, pony!”

With care, Chris got up onto his hands and knees and trotted around the room. Feather Duster and Iron Hammer laughed to themselves as they watched the crowned prince of their homeland frolicking around with their daughter on his back.

“You’re going to make a fine daddy someday,” Feather Duster said.

“Faust knows that Mom would love some grandfoals to spoil,” Chris answered before rearing back, careful not to lose his passenger. “My biggest fear is that she’ll spoil them too much and I’ll be responsible for spawning another Blueblood.”

Bunny shivered, “That’s a reasonable fear, but if I know anything about you and Miss Fluttershy, that’ll never happen.”

“Nope,” Hammer agreed.

Chris smiled at their reassurance, then his smile dropped. “What about you, Bunny? What are you going to do when I move to Ponyville? I don’t want anything negative to happen to somepony else because something good happened to me.”

“It’s sweet of you to worry, but it’s unnecessary. Princess Celestia has assigned me as caretaker of your suite. While I will be less busy, since you won’t be leaving your socks on the floor anymore, I will actually receive a pay rise and Cotton has received a scholarship to any school she wants. Your mother is being very generous.”

“Wow, I’ll say.” Chris tickled Cotton’s belly, eliciting a fit of girly giggles. “She’s gonna be the smartest little fluffer bottom in all of Equestria.”

“Yay!” Cotton hollered before another onset of giggles came about.

“Well then, as my last official order to my personal maid, you, Dust Bunny, are hereby ordered to bring this cute ball of fun to Ponyville to see me as often as possible.”

With an exaggerated bow, Dust Bunny said, “Yes, my prince.”

“Good. Now, back to work!”

Loud giggles could be heard emanating from the humble household for quite some time into the evening.

Deep within the newest castle in Equestria…

The small drone backed out of the room in a deep bow, not daring to turn his back on his queen/mother. She downed the goblet of glowing liquid that was the only thing keeping the pain from her scar tissue from distracting her. The despicable princess and her mutant son was the cause of her pain, and she would have her revenge.

“The wedding is the best chance we have to get our revenge and that is all there is to it!” she roared at her drones. She was tired of the arguments and the whispers from her children saying that they would have been better off letting the ponies build them their new village so they would never again go hungry. “Pharynx, how go the preparations?”

“My queen, my fellow guard commanders and I have made several plans for infiltrating the palace that contain several alternative routes for entrance and egress. Also, we have multiple backup plans in case one, or several, infiltrators are captured or killed. Each infiltrator has several backups that will assist where necessary and aide in communications between teams. This time, instead of replacing a pony of importance, we will be assuming roles within the wedding, such as photographer, as to allow us to spread throughout the palace and position ourselves around and within the crowd. This will aide in surrounding, confusing, and capturing key figures and positions.

“Excellent work, Pharynx,” Chrysalis said with a fang filled smile. “Soldiers, I want you all to be training every waking moment from now until the plan is put into action!”

A chorus, “Yes, my queen!” echoed throughout the chambers accompanied by the sound of many hooves stomping to attention.

Queen Chrysalis was returning to her throne to get off her aching hooves when, from the crowd, a drone called out, “Uh, my queen?”

The room froze, both in action and in atmosphere, as Chrysalis stopped dead in her tracks and turned to look upon the offending drone.

“Yes?” her eyebrows arching.

“Forgive me, my queen, but what if the wedding is moved?”

Slowly, Chrysalis stomped down the stairs to her dais to stand before this child. “Then you will have the most important role of all.”

The drone looked to his brothers and sisters in hopes of some help. Seeing nothing but turned heads, he turned back to the queen. “Uh, your highness?”

“You are hereby tasked with searching all of Equestria for any signs of the blessed event outside of Canterlot.” The nameless drone shrank before his mother. “Remember, it is a rather large country, you may want to get started,” she growled in a not so subtle threat. After watching the panicked drone gallop out of the chambers, and shortly after, the castle. “Why are you all still here?! Get out!”

The rest of her brood quickly, but uniformly file out of the throne room through cycling holes in the walls. When they were all gone, she returned to her throne and sat, hiding her grimace at the pain. She placed her forehooves together and chuckled darkly to herself.

“This day is going to be perfect.”

Author's Note:

Here it is. Sorry it took so long everyone. I could make a bunch of excuses, but I simply took too much time writing. I told you all it wasn't dead!

Comments ( 60 )

Now this was a pleasant suprise :yay:

Eddie Murphy: I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

A pleasant surprise indeed, tho I have to ask how Crissy thinks she's gonna get away from this unscathed, for all us readers know of the dark side Chris holds back; not to mention how he threatened her a few chapters back.

9979678
WE'll just have to wait and see. Though, hopefully, not nearly as long.

9979848
Indubitably, may the force grant you time to write.

Oh, snap! Glad to see this one updated again! Solid chapter, lots of good buildup here. Looking forward to the big day. :)

I haven't read this yet due to it not being completed, but I do like that you're continuing the story. Also, I loved The monster of Canterlot and I shall refresh myself with it again. Good job.

9980001
Well, good news, there's only a couple more chapters left.

9980089

We both served under Chrysalis but have since the light of friendship.”

I think you missed a word

Well after a solid day of reading both this and it's prequel I gotta say You did a good job and I like the story so far. oh and the only thing I have to say about chrissy is she's gonna die.

9981826
Or wish she had

The small drone backed out of the room in a deep bow, not daring to turn his back on his queen/mother. She downed the goblet of glowing liquid that was the only thing keeping the pain from her scar tissue from distracting her. The despicable princess and her mutant son was the cause of her pain, and she would have her revenge.

When did the queen and her drones escape the dungeons? I thought they were still locked up and afraid of the prince. I mean a little hint to them escaping would be nice. Otherwise i am left to think they are scheeming in the dungeons, where the guards can see and that is just stupid and silly.

9984927
If I didn't say, it was when they were surveying land suitable for the new hive close enough to the Crystal Heart to benefit from its radiating love.

9985368
Ill have to reread that chapter. Thanks.

Yay. After over a year of me not reading on here I come back to an update to this story. Good to see that the fandom is still somewhat alive and well. Can't wait for more.

Oh wow... all caught up on this story and looking forward to more.

Thanks for this. Been a blast.

9990290

9992416
What they said!

Also Chrysalis, you dumbbutt :facehoof:

Happy that more is being written

I wonder when the next chapter is... it has been a while....

Please continue this! I wanna know what happens next.

Please tell me: Is this story dead or are you taking a break? If it is dead pls change its status from "incomplete" to "Cancelled" As much as i love this story i do understand burnout or loss of interest or writers block. I'll be sad if this story dies but i'll understand why it did.

10442106
Not dead, I just don't always have the drive to write. The next chapter is about half done.

I want to read the next chapter

10556460
I want to finish it, just a little too bummed with reality.

Update soon?

10622277
The story isn't dead. I have no good excuse for the delay other than I just haven't wanted to write.

10628965
I love your story’s, & I am happy it isn’t dead, you take all time you need, You deserve it. Keep up the amazing work buddy.:twilightsmile:

Dude if you are not going to continue this story just put the canceled tag on it. I want an update buts it’s been almost 2 years.

When are you going to try to finish this story?

10931343
I don't know. After the end of show I lost all drive to write.

10936002
So you’re not going to finish this or you are?

10936085
I fully plan on finishing this story. In fact, I'm about half-way through the last chapter, but this will be the end of it I think.

I have a feeling the changelings aren’t the only ones they need to worry about during the wedding. Guess who?

11008798
No not just chrysalis, but I’ll give you a hint, one word… “equality”

11008801
Oh pluck! Starlight Glimmer....

11008814
She better not screw things up or she'll have not one but five royals to deal with

11008858
One of them being Chris or fluttershy or someone else?

11008873
Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Twilight AND Chris....

11009368
I wonder if when Chris and fluttershy are married fluttershy would become an alicorn or not?

11009461
Aside from royal status, I doubt Fluttershy would become an alicorn

Login or register to comment